New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Raziere's Rollicking Red Raging Rant (Random Banter Thread #213)

In other news, I stopped caring near the end of a CS assignment, and it shows if you know programming. Instead of finding a more orthodox way to compose an error message, I wound up parsing the default error message instead to get the info I needed to write the required custom one.

Also, you all get one guess what movie I watched earlier today.
    Last edited by Razanir; 2015-10-03 at 03:04 PM.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    ...Did she actually fix the toaster, or is she lying again?
    She is telling the truth about at least cleaning out the inside of the microwave, yes.

3. - Top - End - #513

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Now all I want to do is to make Ctrl+V easier to type. I mean closer together so my hand does not hurt after Ctrl-Ving 200 times.
    Dunno if it makes it *easier*, per se, but on Windows you can use Shift+Insert for "Paste" in most applications--since you pretty much have to hit those two keys with separate hands, you wouldn't need to stretch!

4. - Top - End - #514

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well I mean she also used it as an excuse to not clean her room at Mom's house which is a literal trash heap, so...sort of.
    Now I'm just wondering where she's finding the trash to pile up in there in the first place. Hopefully the toaster was put back together again and is OK, though, all the same.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2015-10-03 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I can sort of understand if her room's a mess. I mean, when my mind's very disorted, I'm depressed or so, I tend to avoid my room's appearance and just go "EH".
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

She is telling the truth about at least cleaning out the inside of the microwave, yes.
    She tried to microwave grilled cheese?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #517

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Well, I can sort of understand if her room's a mess. I mean, when my mind's very disorted, I'm depressed or so, I tend to avoid my room's appearance and just go "EH".
    Yeah...that's reasonable. But like this is different then just a messy room, I mean there's two garbage bags full of actual garbage.

She tried to microwave grilled cheese?
    Typo, meant toaster derp

8. - Top - End - #518

NecromancerGuy

Yeah...that's reasonable. But like this is different then just a messy room, I mean there's two garbage bags full of actual garbage.
    Definitely something up, even if she's not spending that much time in said room after having put the trash in there. Though I suppose at least it is in bags.

But then I think we've long suspected something up with your sister. :/
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #519

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Definitely something up, even if she's not spending that much time in said room after having put the trash in there. Though I suppose at least it is in bags.

But then I think we've long suspected something up with your sister. :/
    We're at the point where we know something is up and have ideas of what is wrong and have basically all the information we need to get her put into something that will let us learn how, the problem is that Mom wants sister to willingly do it. She doesn't want to go through the understandable future problems that would happen if Mom did force her to go through all the various legal ways that allow us to do so.

10. - Top - End - #520

NecromancerGuy

We're at the point where we know something is up and have ideas of what is wrong and have basically all the information we need to get her put into something that will let us learn how, the problem is that Mom wants sister to willingly do it. She doesn't want to go through the understandable future problems that would happen if Mom did force her to go through all the various legal ways that allow us to do so.
    Yeah. It's a lot of work to force someone to get help if it's even an option to do so. For good reason in some cases, of course.

And it's always better when someone realizes they're having issues and acknowledges that there is a problem so they can want help and engage with it rather than being in denial and digging in their heels.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #521

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yeah. It's a lot of work to force someone to get help if it's even an option to do so. For good reason in some cases, of course.

And it's always better when someone realizes they're having issues and acknowledges that there is a problem so they can want help and engage with it rather than being in denial and digging in their heels.
    The problem is I don't think she'll ever realize her problems and it'll never get fixed. The only way to help her at this point is to force her, I feel, and I hate that.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a ****ty conundrum to have to face. I'm sorry, Zodi. Yeah, definitely better if she'd realise these things on her own, but at the rate things are going...
    This avatar by Phase.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

I can sort of sympathise with your sis, Zoozmunch, as really... when I've been at my worst, I've had huge bin bags in my room topped with rubbish all over the place. I used to have a bad habit of filling my bed with all of the stuff as well, but at least I've gotten rid of that.

She really needs her family's support, but I can understand it's hard. She has done some stuff that are completely outrageous and inappopriate, but at the same time she has had some serious mental health issues. But I'm glad that you're an awesome sister and I'm glad to support you and help you as much as I can.

A huge problem getting help for her is probably the fact that you live far from bigger cities. :/ Services are harder to get in smaller cities like Yellowknife, I bet. Northern Finland is an absolute mess with health care, for some people the nearest hospital is about 100km away.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #524

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    That's a ****ty conundrum to have to face. I'm sorry, Zodi. Yeah, definitely better if she'd realise these things on her own, but at the rate things are going...
    I can sort of sympathise with your sis, Zoozmunch, as really... when I've been at my worst, I've had huge bin bags in my room topped with rubbish all over the place. I used to have a bad habit of filling my bed with all of the stuff as well, but at least I've gotten rid of that.

She really needs her family's support, but I can understand it's hard. She has done some stuff that are completely outrageous and inappopriate, but at the same time she has had some serious mental health issues. But I'm glad that you're an awesome sister and I'm glad to support you and help you as much as I can.

A huge problem getting help for her is probably the fact that you live far from bigger cities. :/ Services are harder to get in smaller cities like Yellowknife, I bet. Northern Finland is an absolute mess with health care, for some people the nearest hospital is about 100km away.
    Thanks for the support you guys (and everyone else) it means a lot.

And awe, thanks Finn. I try my best to be a good a sister as I can to her. I do understand what she's going through, and I just wish there was more that could be done.

You're right about the hospital thing though. We have a hospital in city, it's just...also the only hospital. The good news is Mom recently had a friend of hers stay up for a few days and she's apparently working with medical health services and stuff, specifically in regards to transport and stuff, and they're talking about other possible options as well.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

I might not be getting the full story, but your sister sounds like me about 4-ish years ago. When you don't care whether you live or die, or when you feel misunderstood, you can do a lot of insane things.

I say keep supporting her, no matter what, but make her realize that she needs help. Sometimes it's hard to see that you've become hard to love when you see yourself as a victim. In my case things went to **** and back and **** again until I realized I had issues that needed help. To be real fair, I had siblings that cared and tried to be supportive even when I was alternating between psychotic and heavily depressed. From personal experience, it's not a nice place to be.

A couple of meds and some years later, and I'm a normal functioning member of society. Ish. Unfortunately, I still need the meds.

What she also needs is someone outside your family who's willing to listen to her ramblings without judging (a therapist, and a good one).

... so what's the deal with your sister, exactly?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    She has Schizophrenia and lost everything she owned to The Penguin's cheating{.}
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

17. - Top - End - #527

She had epilepsy as a small child and that (plus the medicene to fix it) might of caused some imbalances. That and she's almost certainly bi-polar, and judging from a lot of her actions I feel she's scizophrenic or possibly even DID. She's a compulsive liar (to the point where she will lie even if she saw you do the thing she's lying about and it's out in the open) and she's very paranoid about the tiniest of things, blowing basically everything out of perportion. She's also has almost not one single shred of empathy.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

She had epilepsy as a small child and that (plus the medicene to fix it) might of caused some imbalances. That and she's almost certainly bi-polar, and judging from a lot of her actions I feel she's scizophrenic or possibly even DID. She's a compulsive liar (to the point where she will lie even if she saw you do the thing she's lying about and it's out in the open) and she's very paranoid about the tiniest of things, blowing basically everything out of perportion. She's also has almost not one single shred of empathy.
    That's a lot of disorders. All I have (mentally) are Asperger's Syndrome and Misophonia, and that's enough to frequently cause chain reactions and make me very unpleasant to be around, according to my parents (and I know they're right.) I can't imagine how tough it must be living with her!
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

19. - Top - End - #529

That's a lot of disorders. All I have (mentally) are Asperger's Syndrome and Misophonia, and that's enough to frequently cause chain reactions and make me very unpleasant to be around, according to my parents (and I know they're right.) I can't imagine how tough it must be living with her!
    It is very much a millstone round our necks, but I must be a good sister. We'll find a way to help her.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground

Wow. I never had epilepsy or DID (maybe?) and prefer not to lie, but I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, BPD, bipolar, sociopathy and some other stuff. I'm still very paranoid, though not to unhealthy degree (not when sober). Thank God for meds. A lack of empathy as well as blunted affect, which I try to make up by actively being empathetic to the plight of others.

And by the sound of it, your sister needs meds and therapy ASAP. If someone like me could become better, then she can.

Of course, none of this can happen if she can't be made to see that she has a problem. If she does know that she has a problem, none of this can happen if she refuses help.

21. - Top - End - #531

Wow. I never had epilepsy or DID (maybe?) and prefer not to lie, but I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, BPD, bipolar, sociopathy and some other stuff. I'm still very paranoid, though not to unhealthy degree (not when sober). Thank God for meds. A lack of empathy as well as blunted affect, which I try to make up by actively being empathetic to the plight of others.

And by the sound of it, your sister needs meds and therapy ASAP. If someone like me could become better, then she can.

Of course, none of this can happen if she can't be made to see that she has a problem. If she does know that she has a problem, none of this can happen if she refuses help.
    Epilepsy is...really awful. DID is Dissosociative Identity Disorder.

Yeah...we're trying, but Mom really just doesn't want to deal with the drama of having the RCMP drag her away to get help. So we sit here and wait, trying to convince sister to go, hoping nothing awful happens. Thanks for the support.

Also, I hope things continue to get better for you, you seem like a great person.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground

Epilepsy is...really awful. DID is Dissosociative Identity Disorder.

Yeah...we're trying, but Mom really just doesn't want to deal with the drama of having the RCMP drag her away to get help. So we sit here and wait, trying to convince sister to go, hoping nothing awful happens. Thanks for the support.

Also, I hope things continue to get better for you, you seem like a great person.
    Anytime, Zodiac, and thank you, it means a lot. Hope you like hugs. *bighug*

The only reason I would suggest not waiting is because it took me about 2 years to get help, which was two years too long, in retrospect.

23. - Top - End - #533

Thanks, and I do in fact like hugs.

I know, and trust me we're working on it.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just wanted to let you know that I also feel sorry for you Zodi, your sister, and your whole family. Here's hoping that she gets some help sooner than later, for all of your sake.

25. - Top - End - #535

NecromancerGuy

Hoo, that is rougher than I remembered or thought. I feel a bit bad about having lambasted her as much as I have in the past with that additional context, even with as poorly as she's behaved.

It is very much a millstone round our necks, but I must be a good sister. We'll find a way to help her.
    Good luck.

You're right about the hospital thing though. We have a hospital in city, it's just...also the only hospital. The good news is Mom recently had a friend of hers stay up for a few days and she's apparently working with medical health services and stuff, specifically in regards to transport and stuff, and they're talking about other possible options as well.
    Well that's hopeful. Here's to that panning out for some leads.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

There's nothing like multiple disorders to **** up your life.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

27. - Top - End - #537
    Banned

Damn, the whole thing's a bigger Catch-22 than I'd thought. I'm glad you've found more information on how to get your sister the help she needs. Unfortunately, if she won't willingly seek out this help, and you are unwilling to force her, then there is a very big obstacle in the way of her getting treatment and help. It may sound monstrous of me, but I think at this point, it'd be for the best if you could convince your mother to force her to go through with it. I'm worried that, given past events, it would take a serious and dangerous incident for that to happen, and if you can get her on the road to treatment without it coming to that, that would be preferable for all of you, I think. *lots of hugs*

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Damn, the whole thing's a bigger Catch-22 than I'd thought. I'm glad you've found more information on how to get your sister the help she needs. Unfortunately, if she won't willingly seek out this help, and you are unwilling to force her, then there is a very big obstacle in the way of her getting treatment and help. It may sound monstrous of me, but I think at this point, it'd be for the best if you could convince your mother to force her to go through with it. I'm worried that, given past events, it would take a serious and dangerous incident for that to happen, and if you can get her on the road to treatment without it coming to that, that would be preferable for all of you, I think. *lots of hugs*
    I realize it's probably wrong but at this point I'm totally willing to get her taken by the RCMP to get some help. Mom says she didn't intend it and was just pushing to get her away, but she did try to push Mom down the stairs. But it's Mom's decision and she doesn't want sister to hate her for this, or worse see it as a "badge of honour" that the police had to be called on her, since she hangs around with people who'd consider that "cool". It's a really rough situation, and I'm glad I've got so many friends to support me. Thanks a bunch guys.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

Words of "wisdom" from my father (because these are approximate quotes, "You" refers to the person my father was talking to, namely, me):

• You are the only person in the entire world who has ever been irritated by hearing someone's sticky lips.
    • You couldn't possibly have misophonia because a doctor has never directly said you definitely do; you only respond to those noises that way because you're a brat.
    • You say the word "****" a lot because you watch people on the internet play videogames.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Bugbear in the Playground

I realize it's probably wrong but at this point I'm totally willing to get her taken by the RCMP to get some help. Mom says she didn't intend it and was just pushing to get her away, but she did try to push Mom down the stairs. But it's Mom's decision and she doesn't want sister to hate her for this, or worse see it as a "badge of honour" that the police had to be called on her, since she hangs around with people who'd consider that "cool". It's a really rough situation, and I'm glad I've got so many friends to support me. Thanks a bunch guys.
    That's... pretty bad. *awkward hug* For what it's worth, it sounds like you're doing a great job on the patience & support fronts, despite the difficulty, and I really hope things get better for you.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!