New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Serving the Tiara IC

"Why of course! It would not do for one of the Vienne line to fail to acknowledge such a capable warrior!... your highness!" Daniella starts off highly enthusiastically, before remembering who she's addressing. She quickly distracts herself from her blunder by finally pouring her own tea and taking a sip. In a calmer tone, she asks: "Is there something the matter with him, your highness?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Having a cake to stare at whenever any glances were shot her way, and a teacup to grip helped calm Stella's nerves immediately. She was no longer feeling nervous enough about the prospects of dishonoring herself in front of royalty that she was in danger of bolting or throwing up. Instead, she listened carefully to the princess' words, and watched her facial expressions closely. She knew of Dawnshield from many of her reading exploits, but unfortunately didn't know much about Sir Alaris apart from the fact that he was the man in charge of Dawnshield. But as far as she knew, he was a highly capable man, in charge of a very sturdy fortress. Why was the princess bringing it up? This whole situation was odd. Why call a bunch of students in the middle of their studies, to speak about anything that concerned her? She had the entire kingdom's army of lightweilders at her disposal. While it was true that many were currently away on assignment, didn't she have her own personal guard and attendants that could see to any of her worries and cares? The possibilities were endless, but the one that Stella felt seemed most likely was that the princess felt that she couldn't trust the normal chain of command.

She didn't really know what this meant without being able to gather more information, but if the princess was in such a state that she had to put her faith in unseasoned, unproven students, then Stella was resolved to do whatever she could to help her royal highness. She knew something of what it was like to not trust those who were supposed to be closest to you, who were supposed to protect you. She wanted to be there for the princess in the way that no one had been for her. She sipped her tea silently, and enjoyed the deliciousness of it. As a matter of fact, everything on the table was delicious. She wished she could take all of the sweets home with her. This spread and a good book would be like heaven to her.
    Last edited by lilpuppy91; 2015-09-01 at 05:54 PM.
    "Well, I still love Tokyo... even as it is now. Where else on earth do so many people enjoy their descent into destruction?" - Seishirou Sakurazuka

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Friends? With the Princess? "R-right." Well, she would try. Same for the "request instead of order" thing. "Please, go on." Claire tries (with moderate success) to stop herself smiling when the Princess mentions Sir Alaris. In all fairness, Liena's feelings were probably a little more complicated than a crush. The thought didn't stop Claire from drawing her own conclusions. "I know him by reputation, yes." If it was love they were dealing with, the situation could be considered serious in its own way.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thank you, my friends..." Liena smiles, "OK then, listen..."

"You see... Sir Alaris sends me reperts regularly - it is a border region, after all... and the one report that came three weeks ago... it looked normal at first glance - there was a small nomads' squad trying to get into our lands, but it happens all the time, and Alaris always managed to stop them without much trouble... and this time was no different - or so he claims. But... well, I felt he... put a bit to much stress on ensuring that these nomads are no threat. I mean... they weren't a real threat for twenty years, so why specifically mention it now? It's so unlike Alaris... I almost convinced myself that it was only my imagination, but... the next two reports also mentioned that there is absolutely nothing to worry about. After that... of course I started worrying! And yet... if I took any action - that would indicate that I don't trust Alaris. And... I knew him since he was your age, you know", she looks at Claire, "He was a student here, even though his Light never truly blossomed... and never through all these years did he do anything to warrant distrust. That's why I can't go there and see for myself what really goes on in Dawnshield... nor can I send Kiera or Nia..." (Nia being, you can assume, Lady Nia Foulstein, the Royal Astrologist.)

"But you... your appearance there won't draw much attention - a group of students going on a school trip is nothing to be concerned of... and that's why you have a chance of noticing something I - or my councillors - would never be allowed to see. And if my intuition is wrong this time after all, well, no harm done..."

"So, my friends... would you help me clear my suspicions?"
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Leoria's eyes sparkle in awe at the princesses request before jumping to her feel and clenching a fist to her chest
    "O-of course Sempai! How could anyone refuse such a heartfelt request from a friend! If my friend is worried about Ser Alaris then I'll take that worry onto my back so you can be glad and smile again! Un!" She declares
    Spoiler: Games I'm a part of
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36

"Yes." Alena replies simply. "But... why us? The six of us specifically, that is."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alena will have quite a few questions to be asking about the details of the plan, and possibly suggestions to make. They, however, will wait until she gets an answer to this one.
    Last edited by Dondasch; 2015-09-02 at 08:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Seriously though. I just don't want to see another setting with the same uninspiring oatmeal polytheism blend.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Princess Liena stands up and, taking a step towards the young Champion, suddenly hugs her, "Thank you my friend..."

"Now, she continues, taking a step back, "as to why I picked you... I'm afraid Sam won't appreciate me telling you that..." hearing their acting Headmistress referred to so casually, and by a diminutive name, can mess with many students' heads, but by now the six are hopefully somewhat used to this habit of Her Highness, "but all of you are considered to be among the most gifted students of your generation - and the fect that you're so different means that what one of you miss, others would notice..."

"You, Alena; you have a rare power, a power to change, to adapt to any situation - add that to your natural talent at seeing through tricks and deceptions, you you'll never find yourself surprised", she nods towards the Lightwielder who asked the question.

"You, Claire; always giving your all to the task and never stopping half-way, you're the inspiration everyone needs when situation is dire".

"You, Daniella... oh, but I am sure you know your own virtues better than I could hope to describe", princess smiles before turning to the youngest members of the team,

"You, Alice... actually, on your way out, ask Kiera - she picked you; called, you, I believe, 'in terms of pure skill, the best fighter in the Academy right now' - and who am I to question her decision on this matter?"

"You, Leoria... if Alice is your group's blade, you are the shield, a bastion that would never let harm come to your friends."

"And you, Stella..." she actually crouches to look the youngest Chosen in the face, "I could tell you that Nia called you one of the brightest minds of the generation, but even besides that - I have a feeling you need this journey as much as it needs you. Your power is even rarer than the one Claire possesses - so rare that neither I nor Nia know much about it - we still have no idea why your powers manifest in the cards, and where these cards are coming from... but it seems you finding them is connected to new experiences... significant events in your life..."

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll take pride in that, Your Highness. Perhaps I'll get the chance to pick up a trick or two from Sir Alaris as well?"

9. - Top - End - #39

Alena blushes at the praise. 'I guess this puts paid to me ever having a normal life.'
    'So, Claire, Daniella, Alice, Leoria, and Stella. It's good to know their names, but we'll have to talk later to learn about each other and our abilities.'
    'Wait, why is that so important? This should be routine, we won't need our powers that badly...'
    Alena pauses her train of thought for a moment and closes her eyes.
    'No. There is something wrong here, I can feel it. But what? It could just be a more forceful incursion than normal, but what if it's something much worse?"
    She reopens her eyes.
    'And even if there's nothing out of the ordinary, we have to avoid making Alaris suspicious'
    'There will be time enough for planning on the road. I'd better learn what I can now.'

Alena begins asking questions.
    "What time should we leave?"
    After recieving an answer to her question, she hesitantly continues speaking, asking what may be the most vital, but probably the most painful, question.

"And if... if there is something wrong... what do you want us to do?"
    Seriously though. I just don't want to see another setting with the same uninspiring oatmeal polytheism blend.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Stella listened carefully as the princess started to describe why she'd called then all there. From her point of view, she couldn't fault the princess at all for being supicious and worried. If she'd received those letters, she'd have been worried too. Stella's mind had already began swirling around what could have happened in Dawnshield, but before she could get too lost in her own thoughts, the princess pointed out that the reason she'd chosen them, which was that they were all considered to be at the top of their classes, she couldn't help but look down in embarrassment. She was never one to take such candid praise easily. As she began addressing the girls specifically, she listened with interest, trying to make note of and remember all of the girls' names, although there were a lot of them, and she started to feel herself losing grasp of some of the names, especially as princess liena got closer, and she realized that she herself would be addressed eventually.

When the princess crouched before her and called her one of the greatest minds of a generation, she began to shake slightly with embarrassment, her face turning bright red, as she could feel everyone's eyes on her. She was smarter than some people, certainly, but to cal her one of the greatest minds, when she was still just a kid... such high praise was very overwhelming. The princess' words about her cards were absolutely true. When she'd arrived at the academy, already wielding 4 cards which she'd obtained via her journey to the academy, she had been shocked when everyone seemed impressed and confounded by her cards. No one could tell her where they came from, or why she could channel her powers through them. She had spent hours and hours pouring through the school library, which had the largest and most prolific collection of books on lightwielders and their illuminations. Not one of the books mentioned anything about cards as a gift. When she'd pulled one book away, and a single card fluttered out from between it and another book, her Relentless card, she had thought that she was finally getting somewhere. However, it had turned out that neither of the two books it'd been sandwiched between, nor any on that entire row, had been any help.

Even more mysterious was that those books had just been replaced on the shelf that very morning, and the librarian hadn't put the card there, nor had anyone been near that aisle, that he'd seen. It did seem that there was no way to predict when a card would come, but that some cards, such as her Dawn card, which had been sold to her by a merchant who had been trying to sell the card off for years, were just waiting for her to come find them. It was very likely that when all was said and done, she would come back with a new card, and wouldn't that be lovely? Every card wasn't a tool to her, but instead a friend, which she loved and cherished. They were also a part of her, so in a way, they were more like family. Every card she'd ever seen called to her heart, in such a way as a mother's smile, or a father's laugh would to someone else.

In a quick and nervous motion, Stella reached out, and took one of the princess's hands in both of her, her eyes still downcast, her face still red. "W-w.. we'll go to Dawnshield and m-m-make sure everything's alright. I-If something's wrong, we'll f-f-fix it." she stuttered so quietly, that those on the furthest end of the table would have to lean in to hear her. She glanced up to look the princess in the eyes for a few seconds before looking down again. "I won't let anything happen to Sir Alaris, or anyone at Dawnshield. I promise."
    "Well, I still love Tokyo... even as it is now. Where else on earth do so many people enjoy their descent into destruction?" - Seishirou Sakurazuka

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Leoria shines under the praise
    "We'll do our best! I'm sure of it!"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Claire swallows, hard. After a couple of tries, that is. "I merely...try to have a realistic idea of what's at stake." The device on her belt suddenly felt a little bit heavier. "Responsibility with power, and all that good stuff." It was a confusing mix of emotions. Nervousness with a tinge of pride. Not just anyone was given a mission by the Princess herself. And to hear Liena tell it, she wasn't just anyone. When did that happen?

Pondering the mission, Claire became aware of a strange sense of sadness for the monarch. However you would choose to describe those feelings, Liena cared for Alaris. It was at least part of the reason why she couldn't get more involved with the border issue. The Princess didn't think she could avoid letting her personal feelings affect her judgment. Not that Claire blamed her. If it was someone she cared about...

Suddenly uncomfortable, Claire pushes her plate away.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2015-09-04 at 03:31 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

RedWizardGuy

Daniella blushes but smiles when the princess acknowledges her awareness of her own abilities. Standing, she poses dramatically, hands on her hips, and pronounces: "It would be a great honour to assist you in this matter, your highness! One that I, Daniella Vienne, gladly accept!"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't doubt that, my friends", Liena smiles kindly at Stella nad Leoria's words, "I don't doubt that in the slightest. Now..."

"As for when, do you need time to prepare? If not, the carriage will be arranged tomorrow morning - it'll bring you to the town of Corias, it's the closest settlement to the Dawnshield; while there, don't hesitate to make it a real school trip - it's sa small town, but there aer some things worth seeing... talk to the people, try to find out whether they noticed anything strange. The fortress itself is about three hours walk from the town; with your uniforms, there should be no trouble with guards letting you in - just say you're learning about fortifications and defensive tactics... I wish I could give you more precise advice, but I don't want to influence your perception. One more thing, though... I praised your combat skills so highly right now, and yet... I'm not sending you there to fight. If you discover any threat... don't try to deal with it yourself. Well, I don't mean things like wild animals or simple brigands - those you'll be able to handle, I'm sure, and I doubt there are any that close to Dawnshield anyway... but if you are ever in doubt, remember: there is no shame in retreating. Your first priority, whatever you find out, should be to get back safely... even if it would mean leaving the fortress - even the whole kingdom - in danger. Is that clear?" just for a moment, princess's face becomes very serious before she smiles again, "of course, I'm just being paranoid here..."

Extended signature

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"I understand. If I figure out we get into something we can't handle, we'll run away."

16. - Top - End - #46

Alena lets out a small sigh of relief, glad that the implication that Sir Alaris might be in danger had apparently not bothered Liena. 'Well, I suppose that answers all of my questions, even if the answer for some is "I won't tell you."'
    'Raia will be disappointed about not being on this trip though, she'd love the chance to learn more about fortifications and defensive tactics.'

"I don't think there's anything I need to do, though the six of us should prrobably spend some time getting to know each other."
    She smiles brightly at the princess.
    "Also, thank you for trusting us, Liena."

17. - Top - End - #47

RedWizardGuy

"Surely there is no great threat that I, ah, we cannot overcome, but if that is your wish, I will happily do as you ask!"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Leoria is fairly vibrating with excitement
    "I'll go as soon as you need me to! And of course you're not being paranoid. Worrying about others safety is natural right?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Claire wished the princess would have been a little more precise about what they were getting into. She sighed inwardly. Then again, they were the ones being sent to learn of the situation in Dawnshield. "I understand. Don't worry. We will not fail you." She tries for a reassuring smile.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Stella understood the sentiment of not wanting the untested, untried students running headfirst into battle against an enemy that was almost certain to be too strong for them if it was enough to overwhelm an entire stronghold. However, if she felt people in danger, she wasn't entirely sure that she could stop herself from trying to interfere. She wasn't going to say that out loud however, so she simply nodded her head to show that she understood, her eyes downcast. One of the girls wanted to stay behind when the princess was gone, and get to know one another. She felt a little uncomfortable with having to speak to so many girls at once, but it would be good to at least get to know everyone's names properly, just in case they had to do some teamwork. So, while she wasn't about to pipe up that it was a great idea, she wasn't going to leave until all introductions had been made either. Until then, however, she simply refilled her teacup and resumed sipping at it silently.

21. - Top - End - #51

After the meeting...

"Her Highness said my name earlier, but I never introduced myself. I'm Alena Caurine; it's nice to meet all of you."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The 10 year old blonde bounces excitedly
    "Leoria Zodack!" she exclaims "Oh! pleased to meet you all!" she continues, stopping to curtsy hastily, before continuing with a little more energy than is strictly necessary
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I'm Claire. Claire Sommerset. It's a pleasure." And since the question came up fairly often, "Professor Sommerset is my father, if you were wondering." She clears her throat and adjusts her glasses. "So, where are you all from?" Claire hopes that sounded less awkward to her classmates than it did to her.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alice Wulfenbane" The girl waves her hand casually.
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2015-09-12 at 05:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Stella looked around as the girls all started to sound their names off one by one. Since they were no longer at the tea party, she didn't have a teacup or a slice of cake to hide behind, so she simply stood off to one side, wringing her hands nervously in front of her. It was a lot easier to remember the girls' names after she'd heard them a second time, solidifying them more firmly in her mind. She knew that she was supposed to chime in with her name, age, birthplace, and bloodtype too, but she couldn't even get her mouth to open enough to stick a toothpick in, let alone introduce herself. Suddenly she felt really stupid for agreeing to meet up with the girls afterwards, and then being too afraid to say anything.

How was she ever going to become a respected warrior if everyone thought she was some kind of frightened little kid? Stella's face grew red with embarrassment as she realized she was starting to shake like a weirdo, even though it wasn't the slightest bit chilly. With one hand, she reached down to the rose shaped cuff bracelet on her wrist, and rubber nervously against the dark green stone in the center, her Rose Thorn. Feeling the stone calmed her a bit, and she was able to take a few deep breaths. She could do this, she could talk to people and get to know them. She could make friends. "S-s-s-..." she tried, but was drowned out by one of the other girls speaking over her. She bit her lip nervously, and thought to herself that if she was any quieter, she would be drowned out by ants walking around. "Stella. I-I'm... uh... Stella Rose." she offered up, one hand gripping the other tightly. She felt relief flood through her as she managed to get through the announcement without doing anything disastrous. "I... am from Lynnburg."

26. - Top - End - #56

RedWizardGuy

"While I'm sure you all already know this, I am the magnificent Daniella Janvier, scion of the Janvier household! A delight to meet you all." As she finishes saying this she curtsies.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"...Right." She recognized the surname, but was at something a loss to reply. Aside from changing the subject. "You've all got your Devices and Costumes figured out, right?" A few of them looked to be first year students, though you never knew at the Academy. Claire taps the hilt of Ophiuchus, her sword. "Let's have a look. I'll show you mine, too."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

"Want to see it?" Alice manifests her armor and weapons, and brandishes her oversized sword around with noticeable skill.

29. - Top - End - #59

"I'm pretty good with mine." Alena says. She pulls the large blue flower out of her hair, upon which it turns pink and lengthens into a staff. Then with a shimmer her clothes change into a green dress, and her hair lengthens and turns blond.
    "Though I do have a few tricks." she says, grinning mischievously.
    Her costume suddenly changes again, turning into a suit of armor, while her hair turns red and lengthens, and her eyes turn green. This is quickly followed by a switch to a dark blue dress and hat, even longer black hair, and blue eyes. After this, she switches back to the green dress.

Spoiler: Pictures
    Show

Spoiler: Alena
    Show

Spoiler: Costume and Device
    Show

Spoiler: The Emperor
    Show

Spoiler: The Magician
    Show

While it was a serious pain finding pictures for each, it was worth it. All four will be in my original post in the OOC thread.

Last edited by Dondasch; 2015-09-14 at 09:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Stella looked around with an expression that could best be described as panic and horror as everyone finished announcing themselves and then transforming, showing off their colorful and beautiful weapons and costumes. During classes, they were occasionally called upon to transform during the practical lessons, but usually they stayed out of their transformed states. The difficulty of the transformation wasn't really a problem like it would be for the first years coming in. Though Stella had to play catch up, she found that her self-taught transformation was actually a little more efficient and easy to handle than the academy-taught method. However, she hadn't transformed in front of many people yet, and she found it incredibly embarrassing to do it in an informal setting that wasn't a class or a real battle. Reaching down, she wrapped her hand around her sleeve which was covering half of her Rose Thorn, and pulled it down so that it covered it completely, then raised it to her chest and clutched it hard, blushing deeply. "I... D-do I... Do I have t-to...?" she whispered, beginning to shake again as she looked down the the floor. All of the other girls were showing off their secret selves with no issue, but she simply couldn't bring herself to do it.