New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: ALIS: Leave Me Alone Now! (IC Thread)

The temple doesn't seem to be responsible for atmosphere, but it does seem cleaner and healthier. Even further from the ruins it's hospitable.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Ema is relieved she wouldn't want to tamper with what's keeping everyone alive after all. "jensen this is dr. basil again I know you said there is no rush, but when the soldiers near [description of projected area where phenomena originates from] may I accompany them?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"The top of the ruins was checked first and was clear." Jensen replies. "I can't afford anyone for personal assistance to head up there yet, but if you maintain radio on and watch out I don't care if you head up. It was clear, but just watch out just in case."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thank you very much sir" Ema says eagerly heading up it looked like things were finally starting to go her way today. Once inside the ruins she'll make her way to the top where the phenomenon seems to originate while remaining aware of her surroundings.

Survival (5d6)[11]
    Gen edu (4d6)[12]
    Perception (2d6)[6]
    Intuition (4d6)[20]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As you make your way up, you stumble over some rubble due to frantically looking around trying to figure stuff out. It was all so new and strange! Though it could just be because your perception was awful...ehhh, pick one.

As you approach you see a strange fruit that seems the healthiest on the stand near the top with the pillars surrounding it. It seems the pillars have some effect based on the way they are specifically placed in a square surrounding the fruit. The strange red lines connecting each of them as well as the lines that go from each pillar toward the stand also help.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

The euphoria of discovery and adventure fills ema's heart as she strides to the top of the temple it has been so long since she had felt so enthralled-images flash through her mind of her and jill locked together kissing passionately and touching each other in new and strange ways-She stumbles at the memory with a bright red blush, and her body gets uncomfortably hot and fidgets for a moment. She tries to ignore the stray thought of indulging those indecent and immoral sensations again here and now, and with some deep calming breaths it soon passes. "I'm at the top jensen this is definitely the point of origin for the phenomena but the cause isn't apparent yet unless philosophies like feng shui were established as scientific fact without anyone telling me" she was prone to bouts of dry humor like this when genuinely excited about her work, but still she needed to maintain radio contact like jensen said.

Entertaining the thought that these pillars and these strange red lines are in some way responsible Ema uses her science-y tools to analyze them (apparently I'm not allowed to use names of real experiments :P)

Survival (5d6)[14]
    Gen edu (4d6)[12]
    Perception (2d6)[9]
    Intuition (4d6)[23]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Upon testing the pillars they slightly glow and red lines appear along them as well. However, after a moment the lines on the pillars fade almost like they weren't there. Your tools, however, don't tell you much. The material isn't made of anything on earth or even similar and the lines don't leave any trace. Once they stopped glowing, you can't even tell where on the pillar they were. There is no indent, no sign of anything that would glow, or any form of lighting. However, after the pillars stopped glowing, you notice that something under the weird fruit is glowing, but its hard to see what with the fruit on top of it.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

"There is healthy fruit like plants here which seem to grow without an obvious source of nutrients. There are pillars here made of an unidentifiable material and seem to have been specially placed. There were glowing red lines on these pillars when I first arrived but they faded soon after I started analysys leaving no residual markings or indentation as if they were never there" Ema says maintaining radio contact as she approaches the center and carefully moves some of the fruit to the side with gloved hands for a better look.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As you reach out and push the fruit to the side you see a red glow. However, the second the fruit moves suddenly the red glow starts sending lines similar to what you saw before down the stand and hits the red lines from before and travel to the pillars. The pillars then interconnect with each other and you find yourself standing in a series of circles and glyphs. A bright blast of the red glow forces you to close your eyes or blind yourself for a few minutes. You can feel a strange feeling in your body while you can't see as if floating. Another strange feeling follows after that you can't quite place, almost as if your hold body was numb or asleep or something.

As the feeling starts to fade the bright glow fades and it becomes safe to open your eyes (or your vision starts returning if you didn't close them). However, its hard to hear anything as your radio bursts into a loud screeching static that hurts your ears and doesn't seem to want to stop.

Assuming you open your eyes, you realize you are on your back laying on what feels like grass, not the stone tiles of the temple. Trees tower over you and you can barely see the clear blue sky and clouds through them. It seems to be around noon based on the sun which...seems odd since last you saw the sun it was closer to the two-o-clock position. Oddly enough, you finally see signs of life as you see some creatures you've not seen before fly above the trees, but the limited view of the sky makes details hard.

You seem to be inside a forest with trees completely different than the ones near the temple. (Think more this when before it was more this for lack of better description of tree details. Trees are bigger, greener, more foresty)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Stares at the red lines reaction Ema fascinated, but quickly shields when the bright flash came. She tries to remain relatively calm there would be no one to take pity on her for panicking here so loosing her cool wouldn't help though its impossible to say she wasn't scared when her body starts feeling floaty and then numb, and as soon as the feeling fades enough to move she urgently opens her eye's with a gasp and reflexively shuts the screeching radio off. Under better circumstances the sensations of grass and the sights of towering tree's and living avian life would have been wondrous to her, but her darn anxiety just had to ruin everything filling her head with panicked questions mostly about "what the hell just happened!?" and "Am I alright!?" and so with her calm crumbling and her panic rising she tries to quickly check herself to see that she still has supplies, and limbs, and that she isn't injured in anyway.

med edu (4d6)[12]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, the good news is your body seems fine. You still got all your body parts. A lot of your higher tech gear seems to be sparking though...that's not good. There seems to be some slight scorch marks on your clothes where any electronics were and if close enough those scorch marks might have lightly burned you, but no damage or injuries. However, before you can complete a full body inspection you hear a female voice scream.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

It may be a lapse in judgement to run off in a strange place with no high tech gear or real idea how you got her, but her best odds of survival in one of the many marooned scenarios that her anxiety had run through her head by this point may very well lie with making contact with any civilized life she can find. That and she might be pretty. No now's not the time for that and it's a long shot to expect females to sound the same for every species in the galaxy. crosses her mind as she hurries to find the source of the scream anyway.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2015-09-10 at 09:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The scream wasn't far away and it doesn't take long for you to find the figure. However, the sight is certainly...different. You see a female who based on her facial expression and gender is most likely the source of the scream. However, the girl seems to have a few strange features. Her ears are at a much more noticeable point and seem to stick out more horizontal rather than vertical. Her clothing is also strange looking like small simple soft black cloth, nothing like the more advanced materials that make up the clothes on Earth and your space ship. Strange designs that look almost like thorny vines appear on the clothes and her hair seems of a much brighter raid than you'd expect from a human. Normally when you think of redhead, you'd have this strange inferior 'orange' that really makes little sense to be called red. However, she seems to actually have a reddish tint.

However, despite the attractive female's light and limited clothing, she is not the strangest thing visible. In front of her is a strange beast. The weird creature stands about three feet high or so and looks like its composed of a bunch of blue vines or worms or something. It has strange red feet and big eyes that appear in the shadows of its body which you can't make out due to all the weird blue vine worm things on it. Two longer vines have wrapped around the female's throat (which is probably why the screaming stopped) and it is holding her against a tree about two feet off the air. The young girl's feet are desperately kicking, trying and failing to find leverage to do anything while her hands desperately claw at the vines around her neck. Even as she struggles two more of the strange blue vines are extending from the creature and moving towards her.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Ema hurries this wasn't a time for second guessing someones life was in danger! acting almost on instinct figurative libraries of books fly through her head recalling everything from natural environment theory to animal behavior and even theories on animated plants(reading was sparse on that last subject). There was no way she'd beat that beast in strength but plants are no known for intelligence so maybe... when close enough she instinctively brings her fingers to lips and lets out a strange whistle like sound.

AC grass whistle (-2AP) (1d20+1)[13](13) vs 6

Perception! (2d6)[3]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Well you certainly don't tend to notice anything due to your distraction by the strange creature...or is it the fact that bondage turns you on? I mean, I'm not saying you are aroused at seeing the poor girl gasping for air all tied up by tentacles with her kicking causing you to get the occasional panty sh---wait...nevermind, that's not a panty shot, oh my. Uhhh, moving on, point is you suck at perception...well, I mean, unless you were trying to see if carpet and drapes matched (if so, they do, congrats on the successful check?)

Moving on as you blow the grass blade the grass seems to glow, ok, that's odd. It doesn't typically do that from your tests but with the glow it makes a much more beautiful sound than expected and the weird creature's eyes start to look heavy as the vines start to loosen. You hear the girl finally get some air with a big gasp as it slowly loses the strength to hold her up and the girl's struggling gets her free. She plops to the ground with a soft thump landing legs splayed, back against the tr---oh, there it is again. Well uhhh, no perception check needed that time.

The creature slumps over and doesn't move short of the vines squirming around as if they were worms moving out of reflex.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Ema hurries over to the girl while trying to look friendly tries to scoop the girl up and carry her away or if she is to heavy tries to help the girl to her feet and help her limp away.

She wasn't expecting the creature to fall asleep (she was actually expecting to draw it away) so she has no idea how long it will be out and she doesn't want to take chances hanging around here.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As you rush over you find that you can carry her, which is good, but your wimpy scientist arms (seriously, you seen how wimpy power 5 is?) find that trying to carry her REALLY slows you down. We're talking like trying to carry her will cause you to move only a single meter at a time. (See spoiler for details)

In addition the girl seems confused by your appearance and when you run over to try and reach toward her she seems worried. I mean, if you'd been attacked and then some girl in weird outfit ran at you and reached to grab you I think you'd be worried too.

As you get over to her and start trying to get her up (be it using action to 'carry' or 'try and just help to feet') you suddenly hear a hiss and from behind you, you see the creature's eyes have snapped open, though it seems to be still getting its bearings at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

It is awake (but at end of its turn sooooo)

Staggering: While lifting weight higher than their “Heavy Lifting” range and up to their Staggering Weight limit, Pokémon or Trainers are able to move only 1 Meter per Shift Action, and cannot take Standard Actions. While lifting Staggering Weight, a target also suffers a -4 CS penalty to Speed, and -4 to Evasion and Accuracy. Each round of carrying Staggering Weight requires an Athletics Check with a DC of 4.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Ema is essentially caught flat footed and so she desperately tries to communicate with the girl "no time run away!" She says as clearly as possible with no idea if she is understood but she hopes the urgency and distress in her voice conveys that she is not on the breasts side as she tries to safely let the girl go while pointing in a direction away from the beast.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As you bolt, the girl quickly follows behind glancing over her shoulder. The creature races after and you feel slimy blue vines brush your neck before you out run them.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

The shiver that ran down her spine from that brush prompted just the burst of speed she needed to pull ahead

Once satisfied the beast was far behind and hopefully broken off pursuit (or either she or the other girl give out first) Ema with turn to the other girl and say while catching her breath "Can you understand me? do you know somewhere safe we can go?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The girl looks confused for a moment then thinks. She looks at your strange clothes then looks up at the sky as if in thought. After a moment, she nods to herself before pointing at your lips then at hers own lips. After pointing she makes a small motion with her hand which causes her pointer and middle finger to glow before she touches her lips again. The fingers stop glowing and she leans in towards you moving her lips towards yours. It looks like she's trying to kiss you if you don't do anything!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

When Ema gets an idea what is happening she starts to panic in surprise. She never kissed before a few hours ago and that was under duress, and now this strange pretty alien girl with red hair and long ears and then the glowing what if she catches a germ her body can't fight-. To cut a long run on sentence short Ema indecisively panics internally until the last moment where she decides she can't afford to offend the girl's culture and therefore uneasily lets it happen hoping this is just a peck and not something that will escalate like what happened with jill

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As your lips meet, you'll find its nothing like Jill's kisses in that she doesn't seem to actually be trying to "kiss". There is little lip movement, no tongue, and its more like lip touching (unless of course you assumed it was a kiss and did something on your end before realizing :P ). However, a moment after your mouths touch you feel a slight push past your lips. Was she slipping in tongue after all? No, it felt different and almost imaginary. It was a confusing feeling of both pushing something into you and yet nothing being pushed into you. Its a strange feeling you can't quite describe. However, after that feeling she pulls back.

"Can you understand?" The woman asks.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

She slowly nods before realizing there is no need for signals "I mean yes! yes! I u-understand! um w-what was that just now?" she asks nervously trying to not look like an absolute fool "no wait that is impolite I should do introductions first.. No! survival is important is there a safe place we can go before that thing comes back!?" clearly with so much that needs to be said at once she is failing at the "don't look like a fool" thing

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"We're near the edge of the Shingo Forest now. Arlia is a few minutes away." The woman explains, "However...you are strange. Where are you from? Why do you dress weird? What is wrong with your ears?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Ema lets out a sigh of relief she wasn't sure she had enough food for a long trip so a village being close by is good "Well that may take some explaining... I guess the simplest way to put it is if you look up at the stars in the nightsky I would be from a dark dirty spec named earth that circles one of those. Where I'm from everyone has ears like this... d-do they really look that bad?" she says self consciously before continuing "Our ancestors poisoned our world with war and pollution the people who remained needed a new home so they built a ship to travel from star to star to find one. These clothes denote I am a scientist on that ship... err I'm not familiar with the customs here the way I'm dressed isn't offensive is it?... A-as for my job that they denote I study plants and weather to determine if a place is suitable for people from earth to live or find a way to make a home... We thought we may found a place that could be suitable it was light and thin but plants grew there and the air was breathable. I was studying ruins we found there when there was a bright red light and then I found myself here and I heard you scream and I guess you know the rest... you wouldn't perchance know how I could get back to where I came from would you?" She asks shyly

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The girl doesn't seem to make any movements toward this supposed nearby village as she continues to examine you. You get to about "Where I'm from..." before she interrupts by quickly moving away from you and tenses as her eyes dart around, "Y-you came from the Sorcery Globe?!" She asked worried.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

"the what globe? I don't understand. Please I was just studying some ruins when I suddenly found myself in the middle of these woods and heard you screaming I honestly don't know where I am or how I came to be here, but I don't mean you any harm please there is none of this "sorcery" you speak of where I am from I am a scientist I just study plants and weather please believe me." She pleads trying to calm the alien woman

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The woman eyes you suspiciously, "The Sorcery Globe is what we call the thing that fell from the sky recently. It came from the stars and ever since it landed it has been poisoning this land and caused the appearance of strange monsters like that thing that was attacking me."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Ema ponders this it certainly made her look bad but the SRF drop ships weren't globes and certainly didn't poison lands and release monsters "I see so you don't know what that thing was either?... that is disconcerting... And I assume you call it the "sorcery globe" because it is globe shaped?" She asks simply.