New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Lions shield with feats and spells

I’m trying to figure out a Duskblade with power attack, knowledge devotion and arcane strike.
    Improved TWF stacking attacks and damage, trying to max hit count and stacking damage per hit. Scouts skirmish is included.

The lion shield is interesting but what can be stacked on those hits?

Thanks for any help :)
    Last edited by Plus one; 2017-12-03 at 03:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lions shield with feats and spells

Quote Originally Posted by Plus one View Post
    I’m trying to figure out a Duskblade with power attack, knowledge devotion and arcane strike.
    Improved TWF stacking attacks and damage, trying to max hit count and stacking damage per hit. Scouts skirmish is included.

The lion shield is interesting but what can be stacked on those hits?
    Obligatory Link: TWF OffHandbook.

I'm not sure what lion shield refers to. Is that the +2 heavy steel shield in the PFSRD?

I'm also not sure what you're trying to accomplish yet. Are you trying to maximize number of attacks for a Duskblade 13, or are you trying to stack rider effects/conditions/SoL's onto each attack?

Presumably this is a mix between PF/3.5. What sourcebooks are available? What's your current build look like, as far as race/class levels/feats?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to assume you're talking about this shield.

As it says the lion's head attacks independently of the owner and only uses your BAB, I'm afraid there won't be much that stacks with it. Try debuffing your target rather than buffing your own attacks if you want to increase the shield's damage.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Obligatory Link: TWF OffHandbook.

I'm also not sure what you're trying to accomplish yet. Are you trying to maximize number of attacks for a Duskblade, or are you trying to stack rider effects/conditions/SoL's onto each attack?
    Both, that’s why the shield is interesting. I’m guessing something must be stackable on the attacks.

As it says the lion's head attacks independently of the owner and only uses your BAB, I'm afraid there won't be much that stacks with it. Try debuffing your target rather than buffing your own attacks if you want to increase the shield's damage.
    That’s a small problem that I believe would negate skirmish though full round weapon buffs should still have effect, if a shield can receive a weapon buff. Touch attacks could be irrelevant if the caster still needs to participate in the attack even if it’s full round.
    I’m clueless.