New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default steinulfr's Reign of Winter (IC)

The village of Heldren is normally a peaceful, sleepy sort of place, a town where a single drunken brawl can easily be the subject of gossip and speculation for months. Everything about it, from the quiet hum of cicadas to the scent of baking bread emanating from the tavern, speaks of long, lazy summer evenings, calm days and quiet nights.

But for the past few days, there has been an unspoken tension to the air. Neighbors gossip about troubling news and rumors of violence, and the nightly revelry in the Silver Stoat is more subdued than usual. Even the village soothsayer, an ancient woman who's normally steady as a rock, claims to have seen worrying omens and strange portents, and some say that she seems genuinely frightened for the first time in living memory.

All of this comes to a head when a wounded, frostbitten man staggers into the town square one evening. He rants about monsters and cold for a few seconds before collapsing. Everyone in the square stares at him for a moment, brought together by a shared certainty that this is what all of the tension and worry recently has been about.

Now, the wounded man has been bustled off to the apothecary's for treatment, and people are beginning to go about their business once again. The uneasiness lingers in the town square, though, like a chill in the warm midsummer air.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: steinulfr's Reign of Winter (IC)

Husk didn't like how calm everyone had become after watching a dead man stumble into town. The apothecaries would see him back to health he knew from his time with them that they were skilled and paranoid enough to carry a cure for frostbite in the summer. The man's words, those he did catch were worrying, ice monsters strong enough to do that couldn't be left alone. As he trudged down to the Silver Stoat Husk wondered if he could round up some of the townsfolk to investigate. After drinking away the better part of his savings, Husk shouted drunkenly at anyone who would listen Ain't right, a man on death's door gives you a warning like that you listen plain an' simple. *hic* We gotta do somethin' b'fore the same happens ta us I'm telling ya!
    Last edited by TheMiningDwarf; 2015-09-05 at 03:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koo Rehtorb View Post
    I hear Rich Burlew grinds people's bones to make his bread.

Maybe someday I'll say something clever enough to be sigged, nah probably not

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Mellio follows the gruff-looking Dwarf into the Silver Stoat, and found herself nodding along with his shouts for action. "I may not be quite as emphatic, but I completely agree. This doesn't bode well for anybody, and I've got both a debt to repay and enough competence to hold my own for a bit. Who else wants to come see what that man was talking about?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Aeghis was was already sitting in a corner of the pub when the man stumbled around town, he watched the event take place while he sipped some ale.

He ignored to a point the drunken gibberish of the darf and remained calm and ignorant about the nature of the man's injuries, that until he heard a smooth and comforting voice: [="#4B0082"]"I may not be quite as emphatic, but I completely agree. This doesn't bode well for anybody, and I've got both a debt to repay and enough competence to hold my own for a bit. Who else wants to come see what that man was talking about?"[/color]

At the beginning he looked around, believing himself haunted, he turned around for a while until he finally stood up and realized the person saying that was a tiny Halfling woman, she was smiling in a strange way, like she was trying to tell the world that everything was going to be okay, he walked close to her trying to crouch a little in order to look a few in inch less tall. "I will like to help with that, I have been known for making a great bodyguard"
    Last edited by neriractor; 2015-09-05 at 08:45 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by neriractor View Post
    "I will like to help with that, I have been known for making a great bodyguard"
    Mellio looks up at the... dark-skinned, winged human. Smiling, she extends a tiny hand. "I'm Mellio Mosswater. Nice ta meet ya! I'm not so sure I need a bodyguard, though you might be surprised to hear it." She giggles quietly at the admission. "Believe it or not, until a few weeks ago, I was one of the caravan guards for a friend of mine! I may not look like much, but I see an awful lo!" With a grin, she continues her way around the bar, attempting to enlist the aid of others- though tending to avoid most of the more-drunk patrons.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

After the commotion in the courtyard, Yoren had finally staggered his way into the inn, flagon in hand. He wordlessly stumbled towards the bar, the proprietor greeting his arrival with a meal. "The poor lad, shame it is." After a few short moments, his thoughts began to weigh heavily upon what creature could have done such a thing, eventually dismissing it as yet another young would-be adventurer biting off more than he could chew. Yoren chuckled at the thought, and a stir of drunken bravado swept over the dwarf before he noticed a Halfling woman running about the inn.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Alexis shivers not at the man but how cold it is. Being used to the inferno of fire it's super freezing even with her very heavy winter coat. Looking at the man to distract herself from the cold she wonders what type of monster could do that to a human. She knows a few demons. Her thoughts trail off...

Balafon could do that but he likes to skin the back of the elbows off so it's not him...hmmmm...maybe Strryx? No he hates the cold dang I wonder who it is. Most of my friends don't like the cold. Maybe it's not them. But who?

Alexis confused sits down in the middle of the road not thinking about anyone around herself. She looks around again seeing people try to help the man she's is curious why. Only to remember that people care fore humans here and there not play things. She silently mutters to herself to blend in. She needs to blend in. She follows the healers completely forgetting to blend in and bumps into one knocking herself on the ground she winces not at pain but because the ground is cold. Even if it's normally comfortable temperature.
    I'm a new player to this site and if you can help me with some of the tools and info that is common hat would be nice thanks.

8. - Top - End - #8

Of all the people in the village, Terhe was probably the least surprised by the strange man's injuries and ranting. Strictly speaking, she was not of the village's people at all: almost nobody born anywhere in Taldor was that pale, probably nobody was walking around with a white owl on a shoulder, and certainly nobody was stupid enough to wear heavy winter clothes in a middle of the summer. Even if by Irrisen's standards that was entirely reasonable attire in any month, although the girl who was wearing it quickly learned how hot it can get in other corners of the world.

Still, cold was something that she was ready to face any day and moment - and that is wherefore seeing a man with frostbitten skin did not surprise her that much. And if nobody else around was wise enough to expect it, she was ready to step forward and take care of the man before he loses his fingers forever. And yet, some murmurs in the crowd and a grasp of claws on her shoulder held Terhe from revealing her skills. If her appearance was not strange enough already, explaining wherefore she had a cure for frostbite prepared meant announcing herself as a witch of Irrisen; and that could make the crowd decide rather quickly just who was to be blamed for what happened.

Instead, she chose to follow those who carried the man to the local healer and hear the rest of the story. If some unusual danger was nearby, it would had been wise to learn about it before heading further; and if the village's apothecary was not ready to deal with a freezing man, offering help directly to him was probably wiser than doing so on the crowded square. Yet, something stopped her; a sight of a girl about her age, who, seemingly, was following the same group, but fell on the ground. Most curiously, she was actually wearing something that could protect from the cold; was she hurt - if less so - by the same thing?

Exchanging a glance with her owl, Terhe came to a decision. The wounded man could wait; it was probably going to take some time until he would start speaking. Another chance was already at hand; and so she stopped next to Alexis, looking down at her. "If I may ask, what is the cause of this commotion?" - young witch spoke, the local language sounding somewhat accented on her tongue.
    Last edited by Segrain; 2015-09-05 at 06:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

As the halfling goes around recruiting people for their impromptu hunting party Husk sees his fellow dwarf stumble into the tavern and decides to recruit one himself. He slides into the seat next to Yoren. Hail dwarven brother. You look like a born brawler if ever I've laid eyes on one and I've more than physical might to throw around. He grips his holy symbol for emphasis. You've no doubt heard of that poor soul who wandered into town not long ago? What say You, I, the wee lass, and the birdman go out and make whatever did that regret the day it was born? The smell of ale rolls off Husk's breath as he gives a toothy grin.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Segrain View Post
    Of all the people in the village, Terhe was probably the least surprised by the strange man's injuries and ranting. Strictly speaking, she was not of the village's people at all: almost nobody born anywhere in Taldor was that pale, probably nobody was walking around with a white owl on a shoulder, and certainly nobody was stupid enough to wear heavy winter clothes in a middle of the summer. Even if by Irrisen's standards that was entirely reasonable attire in any month, although the girl who was wearing it quickly learned how hot it can get in other corners of the world.

Still, cold was something that she was ready to face any day and moment - and that is wherefore seeing a man with frostbitten skin did not surprise her that much. And if nobody else around was wise enough to expect it, she was ready to step forward and take care of the man before he loses his fingers forever. And yet, some murmurs in the crowd and a grasp of claws on her shoulder held Terhe from revealing her skills. If her appearance was not strange enough already, explaining wherefore she had a cure for frostbite prepared meant announcing herself as a witch of Irrisen; and that could make the crowd decide rather quickly just who was to be blamed for what happened.

Instead, she chose to follow those who carried the man to the local healer and hear the rest of the story. If some unusual danger was nearby, it would had been wise to learn about it before heading further; and if the village's apothecary was not ready to deal with a freezing man, offering help directly to him was probably wiser than doing so on the crowded square. Yet, something stopped her; a sight of a girl about her age, who, seemingly, was following the same group, but fell on the ground. Most curiously, she was actually wearing something that could protect from the cold; was she hurt - if less so - by the same thing?

Exchanging a glance with her owl, Terhe came to a decision. The wounded man could wait; it was probably going to take some time until he would start speaking. Another chance was already at hand; and so she stopped next to Alexis, looking down at her. "If I may ask, what is the cause of this commotion?" - young witch spoke, the local language sounding somewhat accented on her tongue.
    Alexis puzzled by the sound looks at the woman her spoke to her. N-n-o-o-o I-de-a-a... Alexis says shuddering from the cold she stands up trying to warm herself up but not doing that well. She has another shudder and does a quite sneeze.
    I'm a new player to this site and if you can help me with some of the tools and info that is common hat would be nice thanks.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yoren stared at his drink and back again at the dwarf beside him, "Eh...who?" Yoren asked the dwarf.

12. - Top - End - #12

Husk looked at the dwarf across from him his smile gone from his face. Clearly this dwarf had taken the dwarven pastime of drinking himself into a stupor too far. Either that or there wasn't much knocking around between his ears to begin with, a fair possibility to one as strong as he seemed. Husk breathed in and began his pitch again hopefully in language his mentally impaired soon-to-be companion would understand A man came into town this evening nearly dead saying monsters in the forest made him like that, come with me and help me beat them to a pulp.
    Last edited by TheMiningDwarf; 2015-09-05 at 07:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

"What is the matter with you?" - Terhe eyed the strange woman up and down, obviously confused by her weird behaviour. - "You do not look well. Are you sick?" - that was probably not the most polite way to ask it, but nuances of talking in that language (or, truth be told, talking to humans at all) were not particularly clear to her. Something was wrong with that wounded man, with the woman in front of her, with the entire place - and understanding it was more important than being polite and proper. She could not fit among those people anyway.

And she was not the only one. Waiting for the answer, young witch curiously looked at her strange interlocutor, and even her owl companion seemed to pay attention. A sight of somebody dressed like that was already unusual in that land, but if that was still not warm enough for her... that was interesting, and witches did not become witches by ignoring the interesting things with such unusual timing. With a gentle smile instead of any more words, Terhe eyed sneezing woman again, looking for all too familiar signs of another frostbite.

14. - Top - End - #14

"What is the matter with you?" - Terhe eyed the strange woman up and down, obviously confused by her weird behaviour. - "You do not look well. Are you sick?" - that was probably not the most polite way to ask it, but nuances of talking in that language (or, truth be told, talking to humans at all) were not particularly clear to her. Something was wrong with that wounded man, with the woman in front of her, with the entire place - and understanding it was more important than being polite and proper. She could not fit among those people anyway.

And she was not the only one. Waiting for the answer, young witch curiously looked at her strange interlocutor, and even her owl companion seemed to pay attention. A sight of somebody dressed like that was already unusual in that land, but if that was still not warm enough for her... that was interesting, and witches did not become witches by ignoring the interesting things with such unusual timing. With a gentle smile instead of any more words, Terhe eyed sneezing woman again, looking for all too familiar signs of another frostbite.
    it-t-ts so co-l-ld in these lands my homeland was a lot warmer Alexis says pulling out her heavy winter blanket and draping it over herself trying to warm up even more. She looks inside the tavern at the fire wondering if they can move there.

15. - Top - End - #15

"It... is cold", - Terhe repeated in a barely controlled voice, planting her heavy wooden staff in the ground and resting both hands on it. - "In these lands", - the owl, reacting more to her mistress's mood than to the visible shaking of her shoulders, jumped up in the air; and timely it was done, for the witch could not hold her reaction any longer. - "Ha! By Winterwall, what a jest! Pray tell, where lies that homeland of yours, lest I stray thither by a mistake..." - her voice was laughing, but her icelike eyes watched the shivering girl with deadly seriousness.

Perhaps she made a mistake. If that stranger was even less used to the cold than local people were, then she probably had not faced whatever that unknown danger was that caused the entire affair. Nonetheless, just hearing the rest of her tale - even if it actually was a joke, although Terhe doubted that - would had been worth it, and the witch never refused an opportunity to learn something new and useful. Besides, she could not just leave somebody in what, apparently, was the land equally foreign to them both, in a condition like that.

"If you are not sick yet, you will be soon if you react to this heat like that", - Terhe glanced at the owl, still circling over their heads, and then followed the direction of Alexis's gaze. - "I... happen to know a bit about surviving in the cold. What would you say about exchanging some stories somewhere? Come", - the last word was actually not directed at the human girl. Turning away, as if completely uncaring whether her proposal is accepted, Terhe knocked lightly on her shoulder with her staff, and the owl landed back on it, closing her eyes and seemingly falling asleep as soon as she perched.

16. - Top - End - #16

Alexis happily followed her towards the fire sitting really close to it. After a few minutes she looked at the woman talking to her and says I didn't get your name yet. Mine is Alexis.mwhats yours? Alexis says speaking clearly with a strange accent to her words.

17. - Top - End - #17

"My name is Terhe", - the witch actually introduced herself even without a prompt, the moment when the stranger started walking next to her. And, as if continuing the discussion that started long ago, kept talking, with a turn of her head that could equally easily address her owl, her new companion or just some random point in the sky: "You see, what you can feel in this land is not the real cold. Not at all. It might be uncomfortable, but you can easily get used to it. No, when the actual frost takes a hold on your body... you will notice it. Fingers are the first to lose movement. They feel like wood, and your clothing will not help you when you can no longer hold those wraps..." - the pale girl spoke with the certainty of somebody having a lot of personal experience on the subject.

The conversation - or, rather, an extended explanation that needed no response yet - did not stop when they entered the tavern, although Terhe lowered her voice somewhat, understanding that the subject was probably not to the public's liking. "Had you seen that man on the square, the wounded one?" - the witch finally looked straight at Alexis, even though the question was rhetorical. - "That is what happened to him... and it is not something that should be common in these lands. I wonder where he was and what he was doing... or whom he was fighting. There should be nothing like that around here..."

The last part sounded more like Terhe was trying to persuade herself more than Alexis. And, seeing her companion head straight to the fire, left her to that - any additional heat was not something the witch of Irrisen needed. Instead she took a look around the room, wondering whether there were any new rumours about the strange man, or, perhaps, any other people with similar symptoms.
    Last edited by Segrain; 2015-09-07 at 06:23 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

It was not long after the two young women enter the tavern that a halfling woman approaches them, separately since they split up quickly. At each clearly uncomfortable face, she offers a hand, and asks, "Hi there! Do you know anything about that poor fella outside? Myself and a few others aim to go see if we can find out what the fuss is about. If you think you might be able to, I'm sure we could use all the help we could get!"

In a conspiratorial whisper, the little halfling adds, "Besides, there's been talk around town of unseasonably cold winter, and unusually active bandits! I even heard that a local Lady called off her betrothal because of the goings ons! It's bound to be exciting!"

19. - Top - End - #19

Alexis looks at terhe and says i know of few demons that can do that and my dad used to- Alexis stops abruptly. Oh no I said to much by accident. Hopefully they don't noticed. Alexis continues hesitantly and says If this is not cold outside I might need to buy another coat. I don't do that well in the cold. She says putting away her blanket and coat so the fire can warm her skin up faster. Her blonde hair shining now lit by the fire illuminated her strange pink eyes even further. With her fair white skin.

20. - Top - End - #20

"Perhaps I might sell you mine if I will stay here any longer", - Terhe chuckled, - "This heat is unbearable enough even without it." With that, she left Alexis to her warming. "Hoot?.." - the owl did not even bother to open her eyes, but grasp of claws on the witch's shoulder suddenly became much stronger, and she could turn her head to speak directly into her mistress's ear anyway. "Yes, I am worried by what she said..." - Terhe muttered quietly; feeling of unease was shared by the two of them, even though the familiar could not understand the actual meaning of spoken words. - "Cease, we are not alone..."

Indeed, some halfling just approached them - at least, one of them who could talk - and started saying something that, coming from somebody taller, could actually be quite interesting. But, truth be told... there was not that many of halflings in the Irrisen. And even when Terhe left it, she went mostly through wilderness, occasionally meeting other humans - and not many other people. Thus, her reaction was not exactly what halfling probably expected. "A... child?" - the witch stared at extended hand, not touching it. - "Are you going to play a game with... that?"

To listen to the whispering, Terhe had to bow down quite low; but, at least, that gave her a better look at the Mellio's face - and made her doubt the first impression. Even her owl, awakened by the combination of sudden motion and confused feeling, deigned to open one eye and look at the halfling's head as if considering its merits as a perch - but, thankfully, went back to being half asleep again. The witch, meanwhile, continued: "And there is no such thing as "unseasonably cold winter". Winter is always cold. Why do you seek any... excitement, anyway?" - in her own childhood, fun games involving cold winter were not quite liked by children. Mostly because they were not exactly the ones having that fun.
    Last edited by Segrain; 2015-09-06 at 04:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Husk waits patiently for his fellow dwarf to answer but after a time it becomes clear that the gears have stopped turning in his mind. Perhaps he would not be the most reliable comrade in arms after all.. Such a shame I have been pining for home as of late. Husk thinks disappointed. "Ahem. Well you can tell me what you decide later." Husk gives a small sigh as he walks away from the dwarf.

Turning his attention to those others around him Husk starts asking around for information about the unnatural cold the town has been facing. It seems the fear in their hearts and the ale in their stomachs have made the people of the town more than charitable with what they know. After what feels like hardly any time at all Husk sits back down at the bar and takes a stiff drink from his mug before going over to the tiny woman who seemed amicable to his cause. He felt a shiver run through his body as he saw the pale human she was talking to. Husk taps the Halfling on the shoulder to get her attention. " 'cuse me Miss I need to have a word with my companion here." Husk says addressing the Human and then dismissing her just as quickly.

He turns his attention to the smaller woman of the two. "Whatever happened to that man was just the peak of the mountain. From what I've heard winters grip on this town is far too strong for this time of year and the creatures in the forest have taken notice." Much as his pride hated to admit it quickly he added. "It'll take more than you and I to handle whatever is causing this."
    Last edited by TheMiningDwarf; 2015-09-06 at 07:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Aeghis finishes his ale and waves his hand in front of the dwarf sitting in front of him, "hey pal are you still there?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Oi, wait there kinsman..." he stumbled out of a soaked beard as he spun at his seat. From the barman's rather incredulous stare at his state, Yoren had indeed begun to feel his seventh drink course through his cold bones before quickly turning to address the dwarf who had disappeared, but alas too late. Yet again, his concerned glance at his own flagon offered no answer to his question and he now turned to the winged man beside him. "Just rather...wasn't there another dwarf here?" he asked the man. "Any..where was I, ah, the poor lad in the square," Yoren belted, "shame it is, all this talk of creatures and such." Recomposing himself and snatching his half-empty flagon, "M'name's Yoren, what have ye' and your companion have in mind? Hungry wolves yonder those woods methinks."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiningDwarf View Post
    "It'll take more than you and I to handle whatever is causing this."
    Mellio nods somberly. "I figured as much. I know how much good I'll be, and you look pretty tough and all, but then, so did that fella in the square- aside from the nasty fingers and whatnot. So far, it seems these townsfolks' idea of an exciting afternoon is one where they don't have to do anything. Strange, if you ask me."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Aeghis smiles and nods as Yoren finishes talking and begins doing so himself "truly a shame, I bet the poor man didnīt see it coming, the other dwarf went to the fireplace, I think heīs trying to sweettalk those womans over there" he makes a gesture pointing in the general direction of the dwarf that left and then kept going.

" I wouldnīt call them my companions seeing as I know them as long as this pint of ale *takes a sip* I think the plan is to go to the wilds and find the beastie that did this. Donīt worry, wolfs ainīt got nothing on me." he pats his crossbow with a grin and drinks what little ale is left on his pint.

26. - Top - End - #26

Alexis just keeps sitting by the fire warming up some more continent not to do anything until she doesn't feel quite so sick.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Mellio nods somberly. "I figured as much. I know how much good I'll be, and you look pretty tough and all, but then, so did that fella in the square- aside from the nasty fingers and whatnot. So far, it seems these townsfolks' idea of an exciting afternoon is one where they don't have to do anything. Strange, if you ask me."
    "Aye, it doesn't look like we'll be getting much help around here at all.. I tried making the acquaintance of one of my dwarven brothers by the bar but he seems to be thoroughly out of it. Perhaps we'd be better off waiting for a few days to see if anyone comes forward." Husk heaves a sigh. "And while we wait whatever has been stirring up trouble has more time to do it.. Damnation!" Husk swears angrily and loudly before he can catch his tongue.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"And there is no such thing as "unseasonably cold winter". Winter is always cold. Why do you seek any... excitement, anyway?"
    Mellio smiles and laughs, a thin, tinkly sound. "Of course there's unseasonably! It's always cold, but it's not always this cold! Besides, I meant Summer, silly! And why wouldn't I seek excitement? Regular life is so booooring. I simply couldn't stand doing the same old thing every day! Why I'd-"
    " 'cuse me Miss I need to have a word with my companion here."[/COLOR]
    Mellio turns away from the woman suddenly, smiling a bit to herself. "Excuse us, please!"

"Aye, it doesn't look like we'll be getting much help around here at all.. I tried making the acquaintance of one of my dwarven brothers by the bar but he seems to be thoroughly out of it.
    Mellio suddenly looks thoroughly over-excited. "That fella over there?" She points to Yoren, not knowing him yet, and receives a nod of affirmation. "Let me see if I can get to him. I seem to have made an impression on a few other folks in here already, anyway! You know what they say about Halflings, after all!"

You probably don't know what they say about Halflings, but Mellio doesn't realize that. With a wink, she hops off her stool and scurries over to Yoren. Climbing onto one of the other chairs at his table, she leans over in front of the inebriated warrior. "HEYA, MISTER!!" As she jars him from whatever delusion the ale as placed him into, she allows her yelling to subside into more typical conversation volume. "I heard you might be interested in some excitement! Want to come see what the fuss about that fella in the square was about? I aim to find out, and could use some folks watching my back!"

29. - Top - End - #29

"And this is not cold", - Terhe straightened herself with a shrug, once again causing her owl to twitch slightly in her sleep. - "...whom are you calling silly, child?.." - an answer to the halfling's question, even if it was rhetorical, remained unspoken on her lips. The frown on witch's face only grew heavier as she kept listening to Mellio, but inserting another word in that stream of careless optimism felt impossible. Besides, somebody else took her away - and Terhe did not object, stepping aside and taking a deep breath.

What followed almost made her wish that she had actually objected. If that was considered normal among those people... shaking her head, young witch struggled to not roll her eyes and keep watching, at least to know what else to expect to happen in these strange lands. Once again the grip of Terhe's hands tightened as she leant on her staff, needing all support that she could get. Nothing made any sense - and, shifting her gaze over the room from Alexis at the fire to the halfling yelling at somebody, she could not see anyone who could make anything any clearer.

Still, the witch of Irrisen stayed unmoving, waiting for next weirdness to happen. Her fate never failed to provide plenty of those.
    Last edited by Segrain; 2015-09-08 at 05:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by neriractor View Post
    I think the plan is to go to the wilds and find the beastie that did this. Donīt worry, wolfs ainīt got nothing on me." he pats his crossbow with a grin and drinks what little ale is left on his pint.
    Yoren responded with a silent nod and grinned as he recalled an incident in his youth, "Ah a keen eye quick hands ye' must 'ave, though I can't say the same m'self, the beasts get this idea to start chargin' an such." Drink in hand, Yoren began to pantomime a spear towards an imaginary winter wolf while he spoke to Aeghis. "An' THAT'S when ye-"

Climbing onto one of the other chairs at his table, she leans over in front of the inebriated warrior. "HEYA, MISTER!!" As she jars him from whatever delusion the ale as placed him into, she allows her yelling to subside into more typical conversation volume.
    "BY THE GODS!" Yoren nearly fell back as Mellio had suddenly materialized where he anticipated a wolf, holding fast to the tables edge and completely losing his train of thought as he readjusted and saw not a snarling warg, but the Halfling woman running about the tavern earlier was there staring at the rather perplexed dwarf. Yoren sat back and raised an eyebrow, "Listen 'ere lass-"

"I heard you might be interested in some excitement! Want to come see what the fuss about that fella in the square was about? I aim to find out, and could use some folks watching my back!"
    Yoren broke into a howling laugh at Mellio nearly startling the dwarf off of his stool. "Aren't ye' the Halfling lass the other dwarf was goin' on about earlier? In that case, what did ye' 'ave in mind?" Though Yoren could scarcely argue with the prospect of a hunting trip, the prospect of throwing a group of those mad beasts back into the abyss they came from didn't shake the image of their two burning eyes set deep into a mass of fur and teeth.
    Last edited by mostly_harmless; 2015-09-08 at 01:08 PM.