New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (IC)

Bastion reaches out and grabs Jenna by the collar. Are you nuts? He whispers to her urgently. Those guys just stepped into some kind of weird super-secret base with a hidden door, a palm AND retina scanner and probably a lock you could not open with a rocket launcher. That is the kind of place that is VERY hard to get into and places like that are usually just as hard, if not harder, to get out of.

How about we just keep an eye on things for a bit before going charging headlong after those two? They are definitely worth watching, that is for sure…
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna halts, turning to face Bastion. "But they're our band members", she whispers.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

(Guess my opportunity to be evil has passed.)

While Bastion quietly argues with Jenna about the best course of action, the door hisses shut, so completely that you can't even see the outline where it was.

What now?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

(Well, if I don't have anything from you guys before Tuesday, I'll continue the next part of the story.)

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna looks to the door as it closes. "Oh, well...Guess we'll just have to ask them afterwards. Should we go....patrol, or something?"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

(That's one answer. Do we have two more?)

7. - Top - End - #277

One of Bastion’s eyebrows shoots up in incredulity. They just went into a super-secret base Jenna… Those are the kind of places where they kill people to keep them secret. Maybe we should play with our card hand a bit closer to our chest… In other words, lets keep quite about having seen this before we have a better idea of what is going on.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna answers a little irritated. "Well, I'm new to this whole "superherospy"-thing! Let's just leave. For all we know they could be playing poker in there."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

(No sign of Adlan? Hope nothing's happened.)

As you start moving back to the main streets, still arguing quietly about what to do about Craig and Doug, you see another bolt with attached message, this time sticking out of a wall. The message is fairly simple "I did not want to, but circumstances force me to reveal myself to you. Something terrible has happened, and I have much that I must teach you now. Meet me at the Wind Wand, 10 minutes after sunset."
    Last edited by Prustan; 2007-10-24 at 04:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna reads the message, then looks to Bastion and Harry. "He wants to meet at the Wind Wand."
    Last edited by Yawielas; 2007-10-31 at 04:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

(Truwar and Adlan. What's happening guys? Me and Yawielas can't keep the game going by ourselves.)

12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground

((I'm here. Sorry, I went Bowhunting, forgot to tell you, my bad: http://www.bowhunting.net/Hunts/Deer...HN-Day-09.html))

'Bar Drink, us go Now. Forget we ever saw it' Harry is sniffing the air as he speaks, and suspiciously peers at where the door was.

It looks just like a wall. And Harry Lives just above it.

'I'll ask My Boss, He'll know. Assuming it's another bar, and not some ruddy cryptic clue.'
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

13. - Top - End - #283

A bar? Let’s get out of here before that doors opens with us all hanging around it. Bastion leads them a fair distance from the hidden door.

You don’t make bars with biometric locks, heck even hidden bars usually only go as far as a door with a slot that a bouncer can look through. There is something serious going on there, serious enough to get us in serious trouble if they find out we know about it.

And I would be careful about talking to your boss about this Harry. If he owns the bar, he pretty much HAS to know about what is going on behind that door… unless magic is involved.
    Bastion grimaces sourly.

Listen, let’s keep an eye on these guys, maybe we can get some idea what they are up to. I also think we need to keep Jenna’s rather… unique status secret from them as well. There have been a lot of strange coincidences going on lately and I think they may have to do with Jenna’s new job.

Does anyone know where either of those two guys lives? Maybe if we sneak into their pads we can get a better idea of what they are up to.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna shrugs. "I don't know where they live, but that should be easy enough to find out if we have their full names. Maybe this mystery archer will have some advice. How long till sunset? We should head for the Wind Wand."
    Last edited by Yawielas; 2007-10-31 at 04:36 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

(Hmm, maybe should have explained for the non-New Zealanders, although, since Adlan looked up "The Grumpy Mole", I did think you guys would have done some checking of your own... The Wind Wand is a rather large (10m high? Something like that anyway) pole on the waterfront, that bends and sways with the wind. Jenna being a local, and Bastion being here quite a long time, they'd know where the Wind Wand was. Harry might not, being a fairly new arrival, and not too interested in the 'tourist things'. I'll explain more when your characters go.)

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

(You've got about half an hour game time before the note said to be there. What are you going to do until then?)

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna checks her watch. "Maybe we can go grab an ice cream before this mysterious rendez-vous. What do you say, guys? Or is that a girl's thing?"

18. - Top - End - #288

Bastion shrugs. Errr, ice cream founds fine… I guess. It will give us a chance to work out what we want to say to our mysterious “friend”. Maybe he has some idea why there is some kind of super-secret hideout here in town.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

(Icecream's $1.50 to $2.80, depending on size and extras. You now have enough time to leisurely walk to the Wind Wand, and talk on the way.)

Despite it getting a bit late (most shops are normally closed at 5, and it's around 5.30), you manage to find an open dairy and get an icecream. The events of last night and today have given the rapidly fading sunlight a much more sinister cast than before...

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

(Okay. When I log in on Monday night, I'll assume that talking is over, and it's time to meet your mysterious archer.)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

(Ok, I was just waiting for Adlan to post something.)

Jenna isn't too talkative during the ice cream break, she's got way too much on her mind. The last couple of days had been...well....crazy. Or maybe she was going crazy.

22. - Top - End - #292

Harry to maintians a quite silence, the only noise that of bowl on spoon.

He has never had a bowl of ice cream quite this large before, but he did ask for the biggest they had, and is quiety excavating his way through a dozen or so different flavours.

And he is doing so at a remarkable speed.

((I'm here, just didn't feel I had anything to add))

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

(Doh! *Headslap* Over here, it's icecream cones, single or double cone, with one to three scoops of icecream. They can also come chocolate dipped, with sprinkles and/or a small Flake chocolate bar. About the only way shops sell icecream in bowls around here - particularly when you need to be somewhere else - is if you get a banana split, and then you get a flimsy plastic thing that barely deserves to be called a bowl. Keep forgetting you guys aren't New Zealanders. I'll continue tomorrow night.)

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

(Okay, we continue.)

The Wind Wand, in stark contrast to the little park surrounding it, is brightly lit by four carefully placed spotlights. No night shoppers or tourists are lingering however, as the lights are too bright, ruining the night vision of those crossing the dark, empty park surrounding it. You can even hear the waves crashing on the shore, a mere 20 metres or so away.

As you gather at the bottom of the Wind Wand, still finishing off the last couple of bites of icecream, you look around to see if you can spot your friend. Nothing. But it isn't a long wait...

Without warning, you hear a faint whistling sound, and another arrow (with envelope) arrives, burying itself in the ground a metre from Bastion's foot. It reads "I'm glad you came, and I am now ready to show myself to you. Be warned, I am not human, and my appearance may cause some fear, but I wish to help, to prepare you all for what is coming..."

As you finish reading, a figure slowly approaches from the surrounding gloom, hands outstretched, with a large bow across it's back. It stops, calls in a cultured voice "Greetings Jenna, Harry and Bastion. May I approach?" before stepping into the light, and waiting for you to react.

He was right to warn you. He's not human. No human could have bright blue skin, orange eyes, and green hair. But his clothes are impeccable, and the arrows hanging from his quiver are unmistakable - this is the mysterious archer sending you all advice.

(Should I change his indentifying color? That Cyan is kind of hard on the eyes, but it does seem to fit him.)
    Last edited by Prustan; 2007-11-12 at 05:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna gasps, looking the strange figure up and down. "Who....What are you? I mean, except from our mystery archer?"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

(Ok, the Cyan is too hard on my eyes, and it's going.)

He pauses, seeming to consider exactly how to answer. "Well, I believe you humans would call my people demons. As for who I am, you would not be able to pronounce my proper name, nor have you observed the rituals required to hear it. Archer will suffice. Archer, of the Eteru Clan." He gives a small bow.

"Now that introductions have concluded, I have some things I must tell you. Each Slayer is assigned a Watcher, someone who is to train her, advise her, and prepare her to combat the evils she faces every day and night. Normally, the Watcher is in place before the Slayer, and waits for the right time to make contact. Your Watcher however, was caught off guard while travelling here to meet you, and was killed. Something I only know because sent a helper to find him."

"As much as I wished to advise you from the shadows, this is no longer an option. Until a new Watcher is assigned, I must fulfil that duty, if you will permit me. Now, you must have questions for me, so please ask, but do so quickly - for there is not much time."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna chews her lip, trying to take all of it in. A dead Watcher, who could have helped her, and now this.....demon. "Aren't demons supposed to be...you know....evil? Why are you helping us? When will this new "watcher" come along? What happened to the other one? People are getting killed because of me, and I don't know what's going on! Why isn't there much time?"

28. - Top - End - #298

Bastion nods when Jenna finishes speaking. All of Jenna’s questions are good ones, but the “Why is time short?” one pretty much hits the nail on the head. Does the Watcher’s death have something to do with that? Also, I didn’t think demons and Slayers got along all that well, why are you helping a bunch of humans…
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

Harry
    'Why do sausages come in packs of 12, and Rolls in packs of 8? Harry asked, absently.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

Bastion answers Harry’s question as if answering someone that asked what color the sky was. The illuminati that controls the sausage and bun industries across the world believe that 24 is a mystical number and every time 24 of something is exchanged it hastens the apocalypse. They therefore decided that if they sold 8 sausages and 12 buns you would be more likely to purchase 3 bags of sausages and 2 bags of buns thus replicating their holy number of 24 twice and brining the world that much closer to its end… But lets stay on topic, why is time short?
    Spoiler
    Show