New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Of Gods and Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "I do not think you understand the claim you're making", Raijin remarks, "because by that logic, humans of Earth are nothing but serfs to my father just as you claim him to be a serf to some distant heavenly ruler"
    No, not really, because the Kami does not rule his planet, he or she merely oversees and guards it. That would be like saying that the captain of the guard owns the city his men protect.

As for what I mean by my desire to become a god? I was not born but made, and I was made to be perfect and to surpass the first of my kind. To posses Godly ki, a ki that can only be perceived by the gods, would be a prerequisite for perfection, and furthermore would require me to first surpass the limitations of my mortal body, which would first require me to perfect my mortal self. Furthermore,the first of my kind had the potential to become a deity rivaling Lord Beerus in power but squandered it, and thus to reach and exceed the limits of my potential.

I already have the duties of a god, ruling and guarding my city as it's patron, and I already have he authority of a god, as those under my city's banner speak of me as such. There is no innate power to being a god, and even the Kaioshin can be surpassed by a sufficiently dedicated mortal. It is the state of being godly, to achieve that state and fulfill the purpose of my creation in the manner of my choice, that I desire.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    No, not really, because the Kami does not rule his planet, he or she merely oversees and guards it. That would be like saying that the captain of the guard owns the city his men protect.

As for what I mean by my desire to become a god? I was not born but made, and I was made to be perfect and to surpass the first of my kind. To posses Godly ki, a ki that can only be perceived by the gods, would be a prerequisite for perfection, and furthermore would require me to first surpass the limitations of my mortal body, which would first require me to perfect my mortal self. Furthermore,the first of my kind had the potential to become a deity rivaling Lord Beerus in power but squandered it, and thus to reach and exceed the limits of my potential.

I already have the duties of a god, ruling and guarding my city as it's patron, and I already have he authority of a god, as those under my city's banner speak of me as such. There is no innate power to being a god, and even the Kaioshin can be surpassed by a sufficiently dedicated mortal. It is the state of being godly, to achieve that state and fulfill the purpose of my creation in the manner of my choice, that I desire.
    Starlight's ears tilted towards Oxy, listening to what he said, making a mental note of everything.

Pokasuu shrugs.

We lost the war, so it's not like there's much home to go back to.
    Starlight's took a breath. "I see. Then, I ask you not as an agent of Celestia, but as a friend ... what are you going to do now?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33

I'm gonna play my tambourine!

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

"But that's precisely it, young man", Raijin says. "Your argument hinges on this Kaioshin acting as if he owns the world, rather than oversees it. His absence does not support such a claim. To call my father a serf is like the guards' captain calling one of his lieutenants a slave."

Raijin looks up. "Overall, I find your reasons for this quest... ill-thought. Being a god has little to do with being powerfull and next to nill with being perfect. You yourself say there is no inherent honor to such a title... something I think is false, but coming from you, it begs the question. For the sake of those close to you, I wish you to abandon such goals. Or at least to come up with a real reason."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2015-09-12 at 03:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

A king does not personally over see every single village in his nation. He places his land in the care of nobles, who oversee his villages and his cities ad his forests for him.

And those nobles do not tend to the land, but place that duty to those living on the land.

Kaioshin is the king, the Kaio are the nobles, and the Kami of the planets are the serfs living on the land.

And you clearly didn't understand a word I said: I did not say that I wanted power, nor did I say that godhead had no honor. I said that I need the state of being godly to fulfill my purpose, and that I already hold the duties and authority of being a god. And I made the point of gods having no inherent power myself, pay attention.

And if I wanted your advice, I'd have asked you for it.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-09-12 at 03:44 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

The serpents found themselves in Aspa and Callins room. With a glowing tail Que seemed to place a bubble around the two sleeping individuals. They then seemed to move rapidly, as they were excelled through time. Not to long from that point both Aspa and Callins awoke. When then did Que stopped the spell.

Que? Zoyl? What is going on?

"We figured you both would like to rest up, but we were not always sure if you had the time, so we gave you the time."

Well thanks.

Huh? Callins?
    Morning Aspy.
    Callins!
    Outside

You could hear a crashing sound coming from the top of the home.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

A king does not personally over see every single village in his nation. He places his land in the care of nobles, who oversee his villages and his cities ad his forests for him.

And those nobles do not tend to the land, but place that duty to those living on the land.

Kaioshin is the king, the Kaio are the nobles, and the Kami of the planets are the serfs living on the land.

And you clearly didn't understand a word I said: I did not say that I wanted power, nor did I say that godhead had no honor. I said that I need the state of being godly to fulfill my purpose, and that I already hold the duties and authority of being a god. And I made the point of gods having no inherent power myself, pay attention.

And if I wanted your advice, I'd have asked you for it.
    23 just spreads her hands as if presenting Oxyribo to Raijin.
    "Raijin I present to you Oxyribo, chronologically four, mentally a teenager and possessing all the pride and stubbornness of an alien warrior prince. Completely missing the point of what his elders trying to teach him since a few days ago, as usual. Face it, I don't think your going to get through to him. It might take years for him to grow past this."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

"... I do not think you know of many serfs since you keep making claims like that. Nor do you seem to understand that if Heavens truly work like that, you have no right to the title of god-king nor any authority as such, for it would not be within capacity of mortals to grant you that." Raijin begins hovering.

"Also, any who look down on a gift freely given are fools. I will be taking my leave now."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #39

It wasn't mortals who gave me the title. I took the title from the Last God-King, Solitus, Son of the Sun, a demigod like yourself, and I did it by killing the tyrant and feasting upon his flesh and claiming his power for my own.

Then I kind of backed myself into a corner and had to claim his throne to get out of it. And by assuming his throne, I also assumed his responsibilities.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

"... if you think killing and eating one illegitimate ruler is enough to make you legitimate, I won't waste my time on you." Raijin flies away.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #41

...Yeah, he's going on the list of people I need to kick the ass of later.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "... I do not think you know of many serfs since you keep making claims like that. Nor do you seem to understand that if Heavens truly work like that, you have no right to the title of god-king nor any authority as such, for it would not be within capacity of mortals to grant you that." Raijin begins hovering.

"Also, any who look down on a gift freely given are fools. I will be taking my leave now."
    "Kay bye. Nice meeting you, and thank you for your wisdom....even if some didn't accept it."
    "Bye Raijin! See, not all gods are bad, both Sun Kai and Raijin have been pretty cool so far...."
    "oh Kami-dammit, Oxy, HE WAS JUST GIVING SOME ADVICE, LET IT GO!"

They both settle down to MST more of the book:
    MST of Book of God: tales of the Old man on the Mountain~

Once, a thief heard god was away from his palace and decided to sneak in. He found no coin, but there were many well-made masks and weapons of iron, and she pondered which ones to take with her. But before she could choose, god came back home. Enraged at finding a thief going through his belongings, he sent a tiger after her.
    "I'm too lazy to do it myself, even though I'm far more powerful, I'll send my pet tiger in. She needs her daily meal, and dogs are too good to waste on combat."

The thief ran for her life from the fearsome tiger, but by accident her path ended at a steep cliff and she slipped and fell down. The only way for her to stop the fall was to grab a thorny bush sticking out from amidst the rocks.
    "Said bush somehow miraculously held her weight, and did not rip off at the root thus plunging her to her death."

As she hung there, the tiger chasing her lay in wait on top of the cliff. When she looked down, she saw another tiger there, waiting for her to drop. And the thorns of the bush dug painfully into her hands, and the roots of the bush were tearing from the rocks.
    "Aw hell with it, lets conjure a second tiger out of nowhere for kicks and giggles just to screw with her head."
    "Guess they don't make miracles like they used to."

That's when she noticed the bush had nice, red berries. She reached for them with her free hand and put them in her mouth. "These are some delicious berries", she said to herself.
    "She then died because the berries were poisonous. She never fell, because her hand was caught in a death grip on the bush and she hung there forever."
    "Welcome To The In-Mortal-Danger Diner, our berries are to die for! Rated five skulls, would steal from god and get caught on perilously on cliff again."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-09-12 at 04:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

...Advice to "give up, for reasons" is not valuable advise, especially coming from an idiot who doesn't understanding metaphor or the concept of right by conquest.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Callins and Aspa finally walk out of the ship stretching as they approach the group.
    "Hello everyone, *yawn* So what did I miss?" Callins asked.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm gonna play my tambourine!
    Starlight blinked, then gave a little wing-shrug. "Well, I need to find the androids, so ... see ya?"

She then went to do just that.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

...Advice to "give up, for reasons" is not valuable advise, especially coming from an idiot who doesn't understanding metaphor or the concept of right by conquest.
    23 looks at 22, who sighed, guess she was taking this one.
    "Oxxyyyyy, 1. he wasn't telling you to give up what your doing, he was telling you to come up with a reason why your doing it that is more than just skin deep! The reason why your doing something is just as important the thing itself! Its one thing to save a child, but whether you do it because its right to save the child or do it because it gets you attention and fame for saving a child are important to consider. Imagine if the person thought one day "oh hey a child that needs saving. eh, no one is around, therefore I won't get any attention for it" and didn't save the child because of that! That'd be horrible. :(

Similarly- what if your goal of perfection one day clashes with doing the right thing? There is a difference between gaining power and doing what is right, and just because you do good things now doesn't mean you'll always do good things. y'know, things like that, because if your goals are not the right ones, you could forget what IS right!

2. Pretty sure that no one in civilized society thinks right by conquest is a good justifiable thing anymore....except for the Arcosian Empire.

3. You really are missing the point. Look at his words a different way, try to find a less antagonistic, hostile way of thinking about them, because you always seem to interpret peoples advice in a hostile manner. As if some giving you advice is somehow invading you or something."

17. - Top - End - #47

Oxy blinks, then walks away. It's not like she's saying anything he didn't know.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

The Androids roll their eyes. Even when it seems he knows....he still didn't learn. They are then found by Starlight, as they flip through the pages to find another entry to MST.
    "Ey lil' pony, whats up? I was just dealing with a sky god, that went pretty well all things considered. No actual fighting occurred so I'll call that a win for diplomacy."
    22 meanwhile gives Starlight a hug in greeting.
    "Hi Starlight! How ya doing?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The Androids roll their eyes. Even when it seems he knows....he still didn't learn. They are then found by Starlight, as they flip through the pages to find another entry to MST.
    "Ey lil' pony, whats up? I was just dealing with a sky god, that went pretty well all things considered. No actual fighting occurred so I'll call that a win for diplomacy."
    22 meanwhile gives Starlight a hug in greeting.
    "Hi Starlight! How ya doing?"
    Starlight gave 22 a hug in return. "I'm doing well," she said. "I had a bit of an ... exhausting chat with Oxy earlier, but ... well, it's been a long day."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Callins looks to Aspa confused.

apparently we missed alot.

I don't even remember finding that last dragon ball to have you back.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Starlight gave 22 a hug in return. "I'm doing well," she said. "I had a bit of an ... exhausting chat with Oxy earlier, but ... well, it's been a long day."
    "Yeah. Oxy can do that to you. He is frustrating to talk to, like talking to a brick wall. The guy doesn't even notice that his own words and metaphor of the Celestial Bureaucracy applies to him as well. Maybe I'll someday parrot them back at him when the time is right."
    "For all the good it'll do. He will probably ignore half of it then dismiss the other half as he always does. :("

Oxyribo
    A light shines down upon Oxy.
    "Yeah, I'm actually going to have to agree with Raijin on this. Look, your a cool dude, but.... You've got it backwards man, you having Solitus's blood is not a right to godly inheritance or anything. Its technically a security breach, according to the Celestial laws I'm reading right now. Not even of all suns or anything, your just immune to this particular star and none of the others, so its just a local security breach in that a mortal is immune to one sun when he shouldn't be. As for why your not immune to all stars, and only this one, well....thats the security part, I only have control over this solar system, things are designed so that I can't control two or three or whatever and become incredibly powerful and have more power than the others. That and if you were immune to all stars, you'd be immune to all ki blasts as well since ki blasts are just plasma fired from the palm of your hand.

So yeah your technically an outlaw, and below a so-called "serf" like myself. Though technically I'm not really a serf, and neither is Kami. He is more like a sheriff, and I'm more like the one guy in the small western town who knows how to operate the power plant, and so is in fact pretty important relatively speaking. The only reason why the sheriff ain't being held responsible for all the things he did is because....he is the Sheriff. Sheriffs are like the only justice in town and don't have anyone to help them, because they're the only ones who own a gun, they only have one jail cell to stick criminals in, so often they let the technical rules slide for the sake of actually getting things done, because the wild west ain't any place for rules, pard.

and yeah, technically according to your own rules about gods and such....your lower than Kami, heck your technically lower than Raijin, since celestial law forbids killing demigods or other such people based solely on their heritage being security breaches or anything, while you picked a fight with the local Kami twice, are a walking breach in security to the local star, when said Kami has full jurisdiction here."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

[Meanwhile elsewhere]

"You say Sunny is following them? Do you have any idea why?"

"I'd say it has something to do with his son. And now, his daughter too."

"Son? Daughter? I didn't know Sunny had kids. When did that happen?"

"When I wasn't looking, mostly."

"Well it would've been awkward if you had looked. I have to wonder how he did that with a human female?"

"Shouldn't you know?"

"Well obviously I know what that is, it still boggles my mind how."

"Now you're making me regret I didn't look."

"Uh huh. Anyways, do you want me to do something about it?"

"Not yet. I'll try to talk to him face-to-face first. If I feel he isn't telling me something, I'll ask you to talk to him."

"Speaking of which... is there something you aren't telling me?"

"About Sunny or in general? Is there something particular you want to know?"

"... not at the moment. You can go. Tell me how it went when you get the chance."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2015-09-12 at 06:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah. Oxy can do that to you. He is frustrating to talk to, like talking to a brick wall. The guy doesn't even notice that his own words and metaphor of the Celestial Bureaucracy applies to him as well. Maybe I'll someday parrot them back at him when the time is right."
    "For all the good it'll do. He will probably ignore half of it then dismiss the other half as he always does. :("
    "Honestly? I can live with that," Starlight admitted. "What bugs me, no pun intended, is when he constantly insults everyone from my world. Like, I can't completely and 100% explain how my device for measuring temporal impacts works, and suddenly the guy who made it must not understand time or something."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "Honestly? I can live with that," Starlight admitted. "What bugs me, no pun intended, is when he constantly insults everyone from my world. Like, I can't completely and 100% explain how my device for measuring temporal impacts works, and suddenly the guy who made it must not understand time or something."
    "Yeah...he tends to do things like that. Worse yet, we don't know how accurate it could be in a different dimension than the one you'd normally use it in. After all, it sounds like time travel works on different rules in Equestria than here to my point of view. Combined with Oxyribo pretty much thinking that any timeline that deviates from the one he is used to as somehow being "incorrect." Like, he outright dismissed Garlic Jr. not even being a thing that happened! All because he comes from his shiny Age 1000 where super-saiyans are common as rocks and apparently no one ever heard of restraint or responsibility. I mean really, if its not one thing with these geniuses its another. Bluh bluh huge bug."
    "Yeah, just hope Callins and Oxyribo don't get into an argument again. Things tend to go very wrong when that happens, because they both so smart....yet so firm in their beliefs and so dismissive of each others smarts. Hm, I'm curious who made the time impact machine?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-09-12 at 06:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Callins was standing right behind 23 and22.
    "Uh 22 I am right behind you?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

"We're not sorry."
    "We're not sorry."
    The Androids chorused.
    "As far as I'm concerned, you and Oxy both are to blame for that catastrophe. I didn't see any one else doing the two craziest things that night or having the most conflicting history. and don't say you didn't have a choice. you could've sat that one out and the rest of us would've handled it just fine. Ramus after all, said all you had to do was take it easy and what did you do? You of course, did anything but. I mean, its not as if Oxy will admit any fault in that debacle, but if you won't either, then I have no choice but to put the fault on both of you for not realizing how stupid your actions were that night. You two are more similar than you think."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Callins was visibly annoyed by 23 now.Have i yet to try and deny what you are say? I know i messed up then. At least now i am willing to admit my faults. I am willing to put aside my pride for what is actually good for you and everyone else in our little Alliance.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Callins was visibly annoyed by 23 now.Have i yet to try and deny what you are say? I know i messed up then. At least now i am willing to admit my faults. I am willing to put aside my pride for what is actually good for you and everyone else in our little Alliance.
    "Ok, ok, sorry Callins, that is one difference, you learn. but really, the list of your similarities with Oxyribo is actually kind of eerie:
    1. you both can make Dragon Balls
    2. you both desire god-like positions
    3. you both have dangerous risk temporary power boost forms
    4. you both know sorcery and science
    5. you both have jumped in the way of ki attacks to shield people you barely knew with your own body
    6. you both have some bio-engineering involved in you, because if I remember, your disease was intentionally designed, right?
    7. you both gone to confront Kami of your own volition and started lecturing him.

See? seven similarities, one for each Dragon Ball, I mean sure you've outgrown some of them but....just a funny thing to notice y'know? You two might be arguing because your too similar rather than too different."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-09-12 at 07:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

You are very much right 23. One often does not fear what is different about himself, but what is the same. Though now that I am no longer suffering from my affliction number 3 is no longer an option. I can't even fly anymore, or use Ki.

30. - Top - End - #60

Oxyribo
    A light shines down upon Oxy.
    "Yeah, I'm actually going to have to agree with Raijin on this. Look, your a cool dude, but.... You've got it backwards man, you having Solitus's blood is not a right to godly inheritance or anything.
    Okay. I never claimed it was. Maybe you'd notice that almost every-time I refer to myself as a divinity, I do so sarcastically or ironically, save when speaking to Kami,acting as God-King, or posing as a deity?

As far as I'm concerned "God-King" just means I'm in charge of that one particular city, and if having Solitus' blood and ki meant I was entitle to divine inheritance, well,I'd have not claimed int until after I'd earned my true godhead.

By my metaphore, Kami is a serf becuase he's the lowest guy on the divine totem pole. You'd be the Lord, the kai's above you would be the successively higher ranked nobles between you and the King, who in this metaphor is Kaioshin.

Or perhaps it's North Kaio-Sama who is the king in this metaphor, he and his fellow directional Kaio are the rulers of subject states to the Emperor, Kioshin, and Grand Kaio-Sama is the imperial agent who makes sure the subject nations pay their tith to the emporer and don't squable to much. I don't know, metaphors kind of break down when you think about them to much.

Anyway, I'm not even on the Divine Totem pole yet, and I'm not even sure being an actual god would put me there. Son Goku and prince Vegeta became gods but are not on record as doing anything godly other than going to other world to train. But anyway, I'm not on the scale. If I was, I'd be like, the talking cartoon cat that gets pissed off that the Serf isn't tending to the field and ends up having to do some of it himself... Except backwards.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-09-12 at 07:40 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks