New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Of Gods and Monsters

Well.. what did they call it... what do you know of Planet, um... Vageta? Aspa asked, as she tried to remember the "future" name of Plant.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    On the way there, they encountered Ieez, who was unaccounted for wandering the ship.

Didn't Oxyribo instate a password system?
    "He did?.......frack. Erhm. Sorry Ryuchi, I don't think we'll be able to do this...unless we can convince Oxyribo to give us the password and that guy can be stubborn when he wants to."
    "Yeah, we're not even sure if he will give the password just to ask the Eternal Dragon a few questions about who his deity-parent is. In some ways he is more concerned with practicality and results than us."
    "That and he is......currently with a power level distinctly similar to Ol' Yama's. Sigh.I can already tell this is gonna get complicated. Especially since I doubt he will want to give the password in the presence of someone he hates. and can read his mind."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Huh?"
    22 and 23 go check the place where the dot was....and find the Dragon Radar.
    "Huh, guess we did need a Dragon Radar Radar to find this. Useful computer."
    They walk back to Ryuchi.
    "The only problem I see is that the launch will take place in 10 hours. Which means we'll have to do this quick."
    "But wouldn't it be better for the Dragon to grant better wishes than some questions?"
    "Yes, but think of this as Asset Denial. If we summon the dragon and all it does is answer questions- pretty sure that even a question counts as a wish- then we have denied any potential enemies three wishes that could've screwed things up majorly. If we can't think of anything better, its best to deny things that are worse. Sorry if you need more than three questions answered Greenie, cause thats just how this mystical stuff works: three questions, three answers, nothing more."
    "That actually makes a lot of sense," Starlight remarked.

"He did?.......frack. Erhm. Sorry Ryuchi, I don't think we'll be able to do this...unless we can convince Oxyribo to give us the password and that guy can be stubborn when he wants to."
    "Yeah, we're not even sure if he will give the password just to ask the Eternal Dragon a few questions about who his deity-parent is. In some ways he is more concerned with practicality and results than us."
    "That and he is......currently with a power level distinctly similar to Ol' Yama's. Sigh.I can already tell this is gonna get complicated. Especially since I doubt he will want to give the password in the presence of someone he hates. and can read his mind."
    "Well, if the questions don't count as wishes, we could come up with something," Starlight said. "Or, even if they do, we could just spend one of the wishes on something 'practical'."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "That actually makes a lot of sense," Starlight remarked.

"Well, if the questions don't count as wishes, we could come up with something," Starlight said. "Or, even if they do, we could just spend one of the wishes on something 'practical'."
    "Could, possibly, IF we get him to get away from Yama. Those two don't see eye to eye, and they can argue all day about what is morally right, even more than Oxy and Callins. Callins at least agrees with Oxy on the basic premise of protecting everyone you can, but.....Yama.....we don't even know what he is thinking half the time. Honestly, you were lucky to have not met him."

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

"Could, possibly, IF we get him to get away from Yama. Those two don't see eye to eye, and they can argue all day about what is morally right, even more than Oxy and Callins. Callins at least agrees with Oxy on the basic premise of protecting everyone you can, but.....Yama.....we don't even know what he is thinking half the time. Honestly, you were lucky to have not met him."
    "Just leave that part to me," said Starlight. "I'm a special agent, remember? And a pony. We emphasize negotiation in our education. Hey, that rhymed."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2015-11-09 at 08:49 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

23 shrugs
    "Kay, if you think you can pull off a miracle like getting two stubborn powerhouses like Yama and Oxy to get along or at least stop butting heads, your welcome to try. But if you find yourself pulling your mane out in frustration, don't say I didn't warn you."
    She turns to Ryuchi
    "Ok, you ok with coming with us to see Yama and Oxy? I got to warn you- and Starlight- that Yama is very old. He is tough, prickly, and most important of all, smart. He can and will say things just to get a reaction from you, and has the weight of experience on his side. Be careful around him. And DON'T attack him first, no matter what he says."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ryuichi follows the conversation as he nods his head.

"Well I'm all for going and asking politely, not really the usual order, but it's nice for a change of pace."

He then thinks about the wish conundrum but doesn't really seem to have any input on the issue.

He does however speak again as to the Dragon Balls themselves.

"So, we're going to meet this Ox guy? Do either of you know anything about his Ki? Or the Yami guy? Anything that makes it unique I think I can get there fast enough if you do."

He turns to 23 with an excited, yet serious stare.

"And to answer your earlier question, yes. I can do it fast. I like fast."
    Make it count.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimi View Post
    Ryuichi follows the conversation as he nods his head.

"Well I'm all for going and asking politely, not really the usual order, but it's nice for a change of pace."

He then thinks about the wish conundrum but doesn't really seem to have any input on the issue.

He does however speak again as to the Dragon Balls themselves.

"So, we're going to meet this Ox guy? Do either of you know anything about his Ki? Or the Yami guy? Anything that makes it unique I think I can get there fast enough if you do."

He turns to 23 with an excited, yet serious stare.

"And to answer your earlier question, yes. I can do it fast. I like fast."
    "Actually," said Starlight, "it may be better if you arrive just behind us. Oxy can be a bit ... on edge around new people, so it may be best if we go ahead and tell him you're a friend." She then paused to think about what she said. "....You are a friend, right?" she clarified.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

"Um, sorry we can't actually sense ki, we just have internal scouters installed, we can tell its Yama over there only because ki and power levels are in fact constantly in mathematical flux, and some people's PL's flux in different ways than others- any hard PL numbers we have are in fact the averages we can round to the best aside from our own, because we're designed to be incredibly consistent like that. Even Yama's suppression has times where it just goes up and down when he does something a little beyond human norm and you start pick up on his patterns. So no, we can't tell you what their ki is like."
    "Yes, best you follow us. Oxyribo nor Yama are people you want to make a bad first impression with. Trust us. And the pony raises a good point: you are friendly and good right? No killing people for fun, no world-destroying, nothing evil like that? I doubt it, but you never know sometimes...and whats your name again? I don't think I ever caught it Greenie."
    "Yeah at this rate, I'm just eventually just gonna call him "N"...."
    They go outside then begin flying as they talk.

10. - Top - End - #760

"Well darn, I guess I'll just follow you then."

He considers the other questions

"Well, to be honest yes, I have killed... Once. And no, it was not fun... And I'd like to consider myself a friend, as long as you'd let me be.

He spins in a slow backflip casually as he speaks some more

"The name is Sasaki Ryuichi, and I say we head on out; wouldn't want to keep your friends waiting."
    Make it count.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

Yama's Cave
    The Two androids soon arrive and touch down.
    "Yo. We're here to speak to both Oxy and Yama here for stuff, also two other people are coming, Starlight and some green haired guy named Sasaki Ryuichi who arrived on Earth recently, I'll explain more when they come."

12. - Top - End - #762
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Well.. what did they call it... what do you know of Planet, um... Vageta? Aspa asked, as she tried to remember the "future" name of Plant.
    No, I'm sorry.
    Yama's Cave
    The Two androids soon arrive and touch down.
    "Yo. We're here to speak to both Oxy and Yama here for stuff, also two other people are coming, Starlight and some green haired guy named Sasaki Ryuichi who arrived on Earth recently, I'll explain more when they come."
    Yes?

Oxy is quite obviously in "God-King" mode right now, by his stance and his tone. Or "Super Arrogant mode, to go by it's original name.

Poka has been singing Manah Manah out loud for the last ten minutes.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-11-10 at 12:06 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #763

[U]YAMA'S CAVE[/U

Ryuichi notes their ki and other defining attributes mentally for convenience later on. As a sign of respect he makes sure that all of his ki can be felt, including his divine ki that he almost always suppresses completely as he honestly doesn't see the point in using multiple kinds.

He walks in behind the two Android and puts the side of his right hand, palm up, onto his front waste as he puts his left, palm out, against his back. He bows forward, facing the ground and then rises as he speaks.

"it is an honor to make your acquaintance, as I was introduced: I am Sasaki Ryuichi. I hope we can see each other as friends."
    Last edited by Ishimi; 2015-11-10 at 12:33 AM.
    Make it count.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey Oxy, how ya doin'. This is Sakaki Ryuichi, some half-god person who doesn't know the god part of their heritage, and is hoping you'd help him figure that out by allowing him access to the Dragon Balls for questions. and no, we already asked Sun Kai, he can't help us with this."
    She then turns to Yama, making an "inside joke" smile.
    "Hey Yama. How are the dogs doing today?"
    "*Snrk* hehehehehe...."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-11-10 at 12:31 AM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Aspa

"That is okay, but that is where we are going. Only if is known as planet Plant right now. I think you will like the red sky and the city maybe I could even show you the jungles."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

[Andean Mountain Range - Cave]

Yamakami didn't answer Oxy's query. He just grinned while continuing his work. The blocks are, obviously, meant for construction. If Oxy knew more of architechture, he'd realize Yama has switched to making slightly sloped blocks which would be ideal for fitting together an archway.

Then the Androids and some green-haired pretty-boy stumble in. Yama tilts his head to see past Oxy to get a better view of the stranger, but Android 23's off-colour greeting distracts him. He narrows his eyes, then lets out a snort which sounds like a suppressed laugh. "I still count three crazy bitches hounding my step. Sadly, I left my stick to my pupil." He then looks at and adresses Ryuichi. "Well you're surely not one of mine, and if you're not Sunny's either, then I'd say you're out of luck here. There are lot of gods in this universe, but they are spread over uncountable distances. More than that, I'd guess you're another time-traveller. Even if an iteration of your godly parent exist, which is not a given, they would not possess any knowledge nor familiarity with you. Indeed, you should consider them a different person entirely, even if you luck out and find them."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight flew after the others.

(Bus to catch, will post more later.)
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #768

Ryuichi nods, slightly disappointed but not quite sad.

"I'll keep that in mind. To be honest I don't actually care about meeting him personally, though I'd like to, the reason I'm searching for him actually has to do with learning how to hone some of my powers. To ask questions that those who knew him refused to tell me... It's no problem, I wasn't expecting a direct answer. Thank you for your consideration on the subject however."

He then turns to Oxy

"I take it then that you're Oxy? You're actually the person I came to see. I'm given to understand that you're in charge of the Dragon Balls, and if it's not particularly rude to ask, I'd like your permission to use them."
    Make it count.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight landed next to the new guy, nodding to Oxy.

"Hi Oxy," she said. Then she glanced at Yami. "So, I presume this is Yami?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

"Yup thats him, Starlight."
    23 can't decide if he is referring to those three dogs in that one story or just called Ryuichi or Pokasuu a female dog, but it wasn't a good idea to react to that even if he did. What Oxy didn't realize about dealing with the Old Man is he screwed up by letting the Old Man's needling affect him at all. She won't make the same mistake.
    "Good luck trying to make these two guys negotiate. Two powerhouses, either of them angered could destroy the world, diametrically opposed outlooks on life, you have your work cut out for you. Especially since they've already fought each other before. Nice cave you have here by the way."
    She was in fact, relaxing. Being chill as a winters couch. Wary, but calm. No threatening posture or criticism. He already demonstrated that he doesn't react well to things like that, so its best to keep cool and not let anything he says affect you. Like an internet troll, but in real life.

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Aspa

"That is okay, but that is where we are going. Only if is known as planet Plant right now. I think you will like the red sky and the city maybe I could even show you the jungles."
    Okay!

It's your turn.

"I take it then that you're Oxy? You're actually the person I came to see. I'm given to understand that you're in charge of the Dragon Balls, and if it's not particularly rude to ask, I'd like your permission to use them."
    Not for something as trivial as finding out who your father is, so if that's what you're asking the answer is no.

The Dragon Balls are the greatest miracle of Namekian Sorcery, meant to avert disasters, provide hope, and reward heroism. I'm not letting you waste a wish on something that is so relatively petty.

Especially if you only want to know so you can figure out what abilities you have. That's something you could figure out yourself with a bit of work and training.

Besides, we'll be fighting the Arcosian Empire, possibly within the year, so we'll need at least one wish to resurrect any of us ho are killed.

So, Unless somebody here can come up with at least one appropriate wish, the Password stays locked up in my nervous system.

We can't use them trivially, after all, otherwise I'd have already gathered, made myself truly immortal, and overwritten the Crotchety old Bastards free will to force him to do the job he seems to think he doen'st have to do.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-11-10 at 11:07 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Tut tut, Android 23. If Yamakami had wanted to joke on Ryuichi's expense, he would've called him a mutt instead.

Yamakami turns to look at Starlight, mildly puzzled. "Well that's one thing people call me. We've seen before." Only passingly, though.

He returns his eyes on the block he's making. Outwardly, he's ignoring the people around, but Starlight can still hear his voice inside her head. "Your ally is wrong on one account. I am not diametrically opposed to the bug. The bug may think that way, but that's an error of his perception. I'm afraid you wouldn't be very succesfull in correcting that error. He'd have to live among people - that is, plain, normal humans, not your freakish lot - to understand why I act the way I do."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2015-11-10 at 11:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

".....Is there any way to....how to say it....wish for an "extra life" kind of deal? like....wish for a resurrection before someone dies, so that when they die at a later date, they come back to life? Then whoever has that extra life could be the one to take a hit and save someone else."
    23 said, pondering how they could work with this.
    "or maybe wish for a resurrection made into some weird one-use item that can be used later to resurrect somebody else?"
    "Like 1-Up Shrooms!"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-11-10 at 11:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Oxy's mind.

Sorry to pry Oxy, but I have a wish, if I may be so bold. Callins said reaching out to Oxy's mind.

Diamond

Oh Sorry. Aspa takes her turn, she was glad that diamond was starting to open up, it made her happy, and she felt close to the young boy.

25. - Top - End - #775

".....Is there any way to....how to say it....wish for an "extra life" kind of deal? like....wish for a resurrection before someone dies, so that when they die at a later date, they come back to life? Then whoever has that extra life could be the one to take a hit and save someone else."
    23 said, pondering how they could work with this.
    "or maybe wish for a resurrection made into some weird one-use item that can be used later to resurrect somebody else?"
    "Like 1-Up Shrooms!"
    ...I'd have to tinker with them for a while. Probably have to increase their power, and even If I strengthen the dragon to a full 320,000 they'd only be able to bring one person back to life like that a time, so if more than two people(Since Sasaki here wants to use one for something he could figure out himself) we'd be back in the boat of not being able to wish people back.

I'd also probably have to sacrifice most of the times a single person can be resurrected.

If you're looking for a "Take hit to save somebody else" situation, it;d be easier to get me take the hit, since I've already demonstrated that very few things could potentially kill me.

beat.

Or you could make someone immortal, but you're against that for reasons I don't quite understand.

Yes, Callins?

Diamond's Room

The Child takes his turn.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-11-10 at 11:40 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Oxy's mind

The time it would take for us to get to Plant, I won't be able to produce enough of the half life cure for the majority of my people. Could I ask Shenron to give me enough of the cure so I can compensate for this failing?

Diamond

No way! Aspa says alarmed as Diamond takes his last turn reaching Candy Castle.

Your good Diamond.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

"As 23 said, there's also the matter of asset deniability," Starlight said, using the same term the android did. "If we wish for something now, the dragon balls will be inert, meaning nobody can use them while we're away. And yes, I know you have a password, but there are so many ways around that, do we really want to take the chance?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Yamakami turns to look at Starlight, mildly puzzled. "Well that's one thing people call me. We've seen before." Only passingly, though.

He returns his eyes on the block he's making. Outwardly, he's ignoring the people around, but Starlight can still hear his voice inside her head. "Your ally is wrong on one account. I am not diametrically opposed to the bug. The bug may think that way, but that's an error of his perception. I'm afraid you wouldn't be very successful in correcting that error. He'd have to live among people - that is, plain, normal humans, not your freakish lot - to understand why I act the way I do."
    Great, more telepathy. "Okay," she said simply. She had questions for him, but she wanted to ask them in the open, when Oxy wasn't there, mostly because she felt the conveyance of body language was key.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #778

Ryuichi considers Oxy's remark on the wishes.

"Okay, well I'm fine with waiting if I need to. I've already waited a century and a year couldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Ishimi; 2015-11-10 at 12:58 PM.
    Make it count.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

"I know you have questions. Better ask them now, you might not get a second chance", Yamakami's voice echoes in Starlight's mind. "The bug's not going anywhere untill your ship leaves. If you think you can't express your thoughts without moving your body... you know what? Just imagine. Picture yourself as if you were talking to me in private. If even that's too hard, come closer so I can touch you."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2015-11-10 at 01:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

Ryuichi considers Oxy's remark on the wishes.

"Okay, well I'm fine with waiting if I need to. I've already waited a century and a year couldn't hurt.
    "Ah, that could actually work! You help us fight the Arcosian Empire and kill Emperor Hailing, and we in return will allow you that wish, when the relative danger has passed. In addition, we'll throw in some training to help you figure out how you can fight, and who knows? if you discover enough through training and finding out what your abilities are you might not even need the Dragon Balls by the time this is over. Whaddya say?"