New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Grits And Ghouls

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Luapula just kept his eyes closed and started humming something cheerful to himself, using the proximity of the wall to guide himself.
    Was it a tune Doc had heard of? INT (1d10)[10]

He continued to assist the voluntarily blind okapi navigate around the blood-soaked room to the other side.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

"Thanks!" Viridia smiled, although it was impossible to tell through her mask. "It cost me about...four hundred caps? The stallion I got it from didn't have much use for it, and I was low on caps anyway, so... It's had a paint job since then, been given a once-over by a Guild-Mage..." She pats the hilt. "That kind of thing."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Was it a tune Doc had heard of? INT [roll0]
    Nope!

He continued to assist the voluntarily blind okapi navigate around the blood-soaked room to the other side.
    The okapi proved to be only somewhat reluctant to use him as an anchor.

That sound he heard was probably Andante snickering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Thanks!" Viridia smiled, although it was impossible to tell through her mask. "It cost me about...four hundred caps? The stallion I got it from didn't have much use for it, and I was low on caps anyway, so... It's had a paint job since then, been given a once-over by a Guild-Mage..." She pats the hilt. "That kind of thing."
    "It's a pretty nice antique." the ghoul replied, before frowning just slightly, "But it's probably only strong because it's enchanted. It's made of weak Equestrian steel. If you stuck it in the wrong thing, it could probably turn into dust while you're holding it. I'd probably try and look into getting something better made."

The ghoul paused, and walked pass the warning cone. Viridia caught a bit of a self-satisfied look on the ghoul's face; not arrogant or smug, but like she was pleased she just did her good deed of the day or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2015-10-01 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

After a few moments, the ghoul shrugged and opened the doors. There was a small hiss and a click, like something was unlocking at her touch, and then the doors opened by themselves.

The room was more red then not. Blood was smeared on almost the entirety of the the floor and walls, and it was a wide room with generous floor space that happened to be very long and lined with many, many doors, most of them with faint moaning coming from behind them. A steel table near the entrance looked like somepony had cooked hamburger on it, partially because there was some gelatinous meat sticking to the sides, along with a patch of green hair. It smelled like a combination of a burnt meat, char, and heavy cleaning supplies. While the lighting was bright and the walls were painted a bright and cheery green-on-yellow pattern, it didn’t help make the scene any more cheery; the helpful ‘Caution: Floor slippery when Wet’ cone that was placed in one particularly large smear of blood was probably not sarcastic.

The ghoul stepped forward, taking care to not step on something that was hopefully just a blood-soaked sponge, as opposed to a chunk of a kidney. She didn't seemed phased by the gore, but seemed perturbed about something.

"She's probably finishing up on the last one." the ghoul said, after a bit, pausing and visibly wincing when somepony not too far off screamed in clear agony, the sound cutting through the slight buzz of the lights, “Yeah, let’s catch her before she finishes triage. The next one in the que is that arabian, and he's going to take a while.”

The little ghoul promptly began to walk down the hall, apparently heading for a side room that was some ways down the hall. She didn’t seem too worried about having to walk through several dozen gallons of blood, although she did seem to take the sign by heart and take careful steps through the muck.

Andante Shine looked completely disgusted at the scene, and didn't look like she wanted to step into the hallway first. Luapula began to weep softly to himself.
    I take it you don't have a local custodian huh? Moonshadow said, making a disgusted face. She flapped her wings and began to fly alongside, trying to hide how disturbed she was by the sheer quantity of blood. Seriously, what the **** happened here? Did she decide to switch out all of their blood for red paint or something?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #125

That sound he heard was probably Andante snickering.
    'I'd love to see how smug she'd be if I ever had to pull a bullet out of her ass,' Doc thought to himself.

[COLOR="#6633cc"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I take it you don't have a local custodian huh?
    "I did wonder about the health concern for the patients here given the liberal amount of O Positive displayed."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #126

"It's a pretty nice antique." the ghoul replied, before frowning just slightly, "But it's probably only strong because it's enchanted. It's made of weak Equestrian steel. If you stuck it in the wrong thing, it could probably turn into dust while you're holding it. I'd probably try and look into getting something better made."

The ghoul paused, and walked pass the warning cone. Viridia caught a bit of a self-satisfied look on the ghoul's face; not arrogant or smug, but like she was pleased she just did her good deed of the day or something along those lines.
    "If you know where a smith is, I'd be glad to get one commissioned." Viridia replied.

"I did wonder about the health concern for the patients here given the liberal amount of O Positive displayed."
    "This is a very positive place."

7. - Top - End - #127

I take it you don't have a local custodian huh? Moonshadow said, making a disgusted face. She flapped her wings and began to fly alongside, trying to hide how disturbed she was by the sheer quantity of blood. Seriously, what the **** happened here? Did she decide to switch out all of their blood for red paint or something?
    "Stitchheart uses three of the hospital floors, and we only have one cleaning robot." the ghoul said, before looking at the ground briefly, "The group before the gang members had a mutant cow with a slashed throat and three of the gang members decided that stabbing each other before they got healed would be worth it. They're organ donors, now. Can't prepare for Equestrian stupidity. Every year they just keep getting worse."

"We pay ponies to give blood." the ghoul replied, with a hint of pride, apparently missing the actual question.

"If you know where a smith is, I'd be glad to get one commissioned." Viridia replied.
    "You'd have to get a time machine." the ghoul continued, her tone turning slightly apologetic, "I doubt anypony here could make anything that didn't deserve to be turned into slag."

"This is a very positive place."
    "Stitchheart wants to hire a painter." the ghoul laminated, stepping in front of the last door on the left as she did so. She looked genuinely upset at the notion. "She wants to have the Ministry of Peace color scheme repainted. I think it's ugly."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

"She wants to have the Ministry of Peace color scheme repainted. I think it's ugly."
    "Yeah, I prefer a red on white color scheme myself," Doc said. "The only advantage of yellow is not needing to paint much. Oh, I am curious, does Stitchheart keep a collection of medical text books around? I'm interested in learning about cybernetics and that is a difficult subject to get a hold of."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #129

"Yeah, I prefer a red on white color scheme myself," Doc said. "The only advantage of yellow is not needing to paint much. Oh, I am curious, does Stitchheart keep a collection of medical text books around? I'm interested in learning about cybernetics and that is a difficult subject to get a hold of."
    The ghoul looked stumped.

"She does, but I don't know if she'll just let you look at them. She used to make big money by selling her papers to science journals."

She paused, and then scowled.

"Why are you interested in cybernetics?" she questioned, her frown deepening and her tone turning somewhere south of 'suspicious', "What would you do if you did know more about them?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

"Why are you interested in cybernetics?" she questioned, her frown deepening and her tone turning somewhere south of 'suspicious', "What would you do if you did know more about them?"
    "Upgrade his harem to be harder, better, faster, stronger?" Stellar jests.

11. - Top - End - #131

"I don't think you can count each hoof as an individual member."

12. - Top - End - #132

"There are some good ponies out there in the wastes that try to do the right thing. Sometimes they succeed, other times they get a hoof blown off. My pa lost a leg defending our hometown from raiders," Doc explained. "Best doctor we had at the time could only tie a peg-leg to 'im. I'd like to do more for ponies like my pa, for those that deserve a bit better than retiring as a tripod."

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Doc shakes his head and laughs.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2015-10-02 at 06:17 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #133

The ghoul looked at Stellar like the latter just uttered something entirely shocking and hideous. Her face turned a sickly purple color and she looked like she was trying to keep her footing.

"Filthy f*cking Equestrians." the ghoul swore, under her breath.

"There are some good ponies out there in the wastes that try to do the right thing. Sometimes they succeed, other times they get a hoof blown off. My pa lost a leg defending our hometown from raiders," Doc explained. "Best doctor we had at the time could only tie a peg-leg to 'im. I'd like to do more for ponies like my pa, for those that deserve a bit better than retiring as a tripod."
    The ghoul seemed to care very little about Doc's background story and seemed too busy being offended. Doing a rather good impression of Luapula, she stood still and shook lightly, making a slight rattling sound as she did. An expression of shock and mild nausea appeared on her face; her eyes were wide and shimmery and unblinking, like kid watching a horror movie for the first time.

Andante quietly decided to put some slight distance between herself and the party, possibly because she feared that the ghoul would explode or go feral or do something along that lines.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2015-10-02 at 06:57 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134

The ghoul looked at Stellar like the latter just uttered something entirely shocking and hideous. Her face turned a sickly purple color and she looked like she was trying to keep her footing.

"I know somebody who's not getting a Hearth's Warming card this year."" Viridia happily commented.

15. - Top - End - #135

"Uh, miss? Stellar was only kiddin'," Doc said, concerned. Particularly that this ghoul actually had enough life in her skin to make that shade of purple.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Well there is certainly a lot of red here. Moonshadow said.

"Stitchheart uses three of the hospital floors, and we only have one cleaning robot." the ghoul said, before looking at the ground briefly, "The group before the gang members had a mutant cow with a slashed throat and three of the gang members decided that stabbing each other before they got healed would be worth it. They're organ donors, now. Can't prepare for Equestrian stupidity. Every year they just keep getting worse."
    No kidding. It's been over two hundred years and the stupidity of pony still reigns supreme.

Ha!

You keep saying Equestrians like you're not from here. Are you originally from somewhere else? Moonshadow asked.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Stellar is quite taken aback by how badly that went down. "I didn't... I mean... What? It was just a joke! Obviously we're not his harem. For a start his fiancee would kill us. And him." She decides not to vocalise her thoughts on how Mirror's culture views harems.

"And the joke is that I meant the upgrades literally rather than sexually. I thought that was pretty mild. Or was it the idea of casual elective bioaugmentation?" Stellar asks. She hopes she's not digging herself a deeper hole here. She shoots Viridia a panicked look of help!

18. - Top - End - #138

"I know somebody who's not getting a Hearth's Warming card this year."" Viridia happily commented.
    "Uh, miss? Stellar was only kiddin'," Doc said, concerned. Particularly that this ghoul actually had enough life in her skin to make that shade of purple.
    Stellar is quite taken aback by how badly that went down. "I didn't... I mean... What? It was just a joke! Obviously we're not his harem. For a start his fiancee would kill us. And him." She decides not to vocalise her thoughts on how Mirror's culture views harems.

"And the joke is that I meant the upgrades literally rather than sexually. I thought that was pretty mild. Or was it the idea of casual elective bioaugmentation?" Stellar asks. She hopes she's not digging herself a deeper hole here. She shoots Viridia a panicked look of help!
    The ghoul sputtered something that was inaudible and probably profane, and pointed at Doc with a raised hoof. Her voice was shaky and cracked a little when she replied.

"I can't tell when it comes to you all!" she replied, sounding somewhat glad that her fears were unfounded, but her wide eyes told a different story, "Every other year ponies here come up with some new depraved thing! I can't tell what they're going to come up with next to screw themselves up even more."

She paused, and glanced at Doc briefly.

"At least you're getting engaged first. Glad to see that there's still some dredges of civilization around here."

Then she glanced at the three pegusi, first locking on Stellar and Viridia first, and then settling on looking at Moonshadow carefully.

You keep saying Equestrians like you're not from here. Are you originally from somewhere else? Moonshadow asked.
    "My name is Fan Knife. I'm from Neighpon." the ghoul replied, sounding calmer as she answered the question; actually, she sounded somewhat pleased, "My sister and I came over when the government collapsed."

The ghoul paused, and looked at Moonshadow's pistols.

"So, did you come down from the Enclave?" Fan Knife asked, taking a moment to wipe a bloody hoof on the wall, so she could adjust her hat with great care.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2015-10-03 at 04:41 AM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

"At least you're getting engaged first. Glad to see that there's still some dredges of civilization around here."
    "We're definitely better than the horses that run this town." Doc wiped his hooves on a side of his coat. Geez, this little one was worse than the last prude the party dealt with. "So you know, we like to poke some fun at one another, but we're all decent folk at heart.."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"My name is Fan Knife. I'm from Neighpon." the ghoul replied, sounding calmer as she answered the question; actually, she sounded somewhat pleased, "My sister and I came over when the government collapsed."

The ghoul paused, and looked at Moonshadow's pistols.

"So, did you come down from the Enclave?" Fan Knife asked, taking a moment to wipe a bloody hoof on the wall, so she could adjust her hat with great care.
    Cool, Moonshadow said, smiling, amused at Fan Knife's reactions. And yeah, I'm from the Enclave originally. Not my first visit to the surface, but it looks like this one will be permanent barring a miracle. she added, her tone light.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2015-10-03 at 07:25 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #141

"We're definitely better than the horses that run this town." Doc wiped his hooves on a side of his coat. Geez, this little one was worse than the last prude the party dealt with. "So you know, we like to poke some fun at one another, but we're all decent folk at heart.."
    "At least the horses pretend that they're civilized!" Fan Knife complained, "Equestrians get stupider every year, too. They were pretty bad when I came here, but now I'm amazed most of them know how to open cans. Most of them just value only themselves and filling their own stomach. I'm amazed they haven't started eating each other here yet. "

Cool, Moonshadow said, smiling, amused at Fan Knife's reactions. And yeah, I'm from the Enclave originally. Not my first visit to the surface, but it looks like this one will be permanent barring a miracle. she added, her tone light.
    "Stitchheart's probably going to have a lot of questions for you." Fan Knife noted, nonchalantly, "She's sort of interested if the Enclave has managed to improve on anything since the bombs dropped, or if there's anything like a scientific body left up there."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

"I'm sure Stitchheart can learn a bit from Moonshadow here. Hopefully she hasn't started on that camel you mentioned," Doc said.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #143

"I'm sure Stitchheart can learn a bit from Moonshadow here. Hopefully she hasn't started on that camel you mentioned," Doc said.

Fan Knife rolled her eyes, and opened the door.

The room was dimly lit and was not accommodating in it's floorspace. A long bed that looked more machine than bed was on one side of the room, and on the other there was a cabinet and a clear plastic door and that was about it. The floors were practically shining and were a pearly white, a far cry from the hard plastic chassis of the apparent bed. A small table and a few plastic chairs comprised the seating.

The ghoul turned back around, and stepped aside. She didn't say anything else, possibly because she didn't think anything needed to be said.

Luapula whimpered slightly.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144

Doc walked in and looked through the plastic door to see what was beyond.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #145

Doc walked in and looked through the plastic door to see what was beyond.
    It was a tiny, tiny bathroom. Disquietingly, there was also a small camera high up in one corner, but it looked like somepony had taken a baseball bat to it at some point.
    Andante Shine took a moment to assess the situation.

"Is it wise for us all to be placed in together with the one most likely to be infected?" she questioned, sounding plainly displeased by the situation.

Fan Knife smiled grimly.

"I could have you all separated from each other." she replied.

Andante Shine stared at the ghoul for a few moments, and then shrugged and stepped inside the room.

Luapula, having yet stepped forward, shivered in place.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

"When are meeting the doctor, again?" Viridia asked. "I mean, the tour's been lovely, but..."

27. - Top - End - #147

"When are meeting the doctor, again?" Viridia asked. "I mean, the tour's been lovely, but..."
    Doc nods in agreement with Viridia. He fetches Luapula and helps him to one of the plastic chairs.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #148

"In a few minutes." the ghoul quickly confirmed, "She would be upset if I brought you all in while she's looking over a patient."

Doc nods in agreement with Viridia. He fetches Luapula and helps him to one of the plastic chairs.
    "Put him on the bed." Fan Knife said, looking at Luapula like some would look at the end result of a traffic accident.

"I would rather talk to Stitchheart before she sees the okapi." Andante replied, standing next to the single table in the room and slowly flipping through a small stack of magazines and looking disappointed at the selection.

"You're not." Fan Knife curtly replied, the same grim little smile returning.

Andante looked profoundly upset, but didn't seem to have the wish to press the matter any further.

Luapula also looked upset, but he also looked like he thought he was in hell, so his opinion on the matter was probably tainted.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Doc helped Lua to the bed and made any adjustments that would make it more bearable. "I know, you think this place is hell. Most folks hate hospitals, so it's a normal belief. But, at least there's food and warmth here," he said to the zebra.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

"In a few minutes." the ghoul quickly confirmed, "She would be upset if I brought you all in while she's looking over a patient."

"Put him on the bed." Fan Knife said, looking at Luapula like some would look at the end result of a traffic accident.

"I would rather talk to Stitchheart before she sees the okapi." Andante replied, standing next to the single table in the room and slowly flipping through a small stack of magazines and looking disappointed at the selection.

"You're not." Fan Knife curtly replied, the same grim little smile returning.

Andante looked profoundly upset, but didn't seem to have the wish to press the matter any further.

Luapula also looked upset, but he also looked like he thought he was in hell, so his opinion on the matter was probably tainted.
    I suppose we should wait. Moonshadow said reluctantly. Oh, would I talk to you or Dr. Stitchheart about purchasing some food? We're running really low, and didn't want to risk any of the food at Cabbagetown.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show