New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Home For All Who Wander Inn (IC, Guild Hall Hubworld)

At the very last minute, Yurhzorg decided not to go on the farmer quest. He realized that famine meant there was no food, and if there was no food, that means that he would get hungry, and no one likes it when he gets hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes! Onwards, friend. Onwards, to ADVENTURE!" Darwin proclaims. And just like that, the two were out the door.
    Well, you know the old saying. "Give a man a sword and he'll do a d6 in damage. Tell a man the rules by which he must follow to craft his OWN sword, and the campaign's off the rails by suppertime".

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Yurhzorg goes up to the job board and stares at it, pretending to read it. "Lettering" never was his cup of tea, but sometimes he liked pretending.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Þ wanders back on into the guild hall from the streets and sees Yurhzorg at the mission board.
    "Oh, hello again Yurhzorg. I decided a couple miles out that I probably have better things to do with two weeks of my life than listen to how boring wagon rides are. It's like they couldn't even appreciate the scenery. Shameful...
    So what are you up to, looking for a mission? In that case, mind if I join you? Things are a little too quiet around here."

Þ steps up to the board and looks over the remaining notices, pointing them out to Yurhzorg as he reads them.
    "Let's see, we could... rescue a cat...I wonder why no one's gone for that one yet... we could get poisoned in a jungle... there's one on a boat... and of course some good old fashioned treasure hunting. Personally, I think the treasure hunting sounds promising, but I'll let you pick."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Doing his best to look like he'd been perusing the list himself but likely failing dramatically, Yurhzorg says, "Ah, yes, treasure! Treasure sounds good! We should go treasure hunting!"

6. - Top - End - #66

Þ grins at Yurhzorg's obvious eagerness for the adventure.
    "Haha, okay Yurhzorg, we'll go treasure hunting. First let me check with Master Boughton though, the listing says there's a reason no one has gone after the treasure yet, and he might know what that reason is."
    Þ pulls the posting off of the board and heads off to find Boughton to see what he knows about the ruins before blindly heading off.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Þ finds Tennick jotting down specifics about a pair of young mages of the Bardic tradition going to babysit, and the Illumian turns to the Changeling.
    "Hm? I could have sworn I remembered you going off somewhere. And there's not much I misremember. Anyway, what's this you're interested in...Ah yes, an independent project. This one's been circling the guild for some time now, to the point that it's become akin to a curse. In the frozen north are ruined barrows, relics of the settlers of this continent and their conflict with the native people. These barrows are fortified fortresses extending into the earth. The inhabitants practiced the beliefs of their forefathers and sanctified their dead, which rapidly came to outnumber the living. Forced deeper by the harsh environment, it's said the last of them died in these barrows, leaving the riches they brought from the old world with them. Up for the taking, save for the traps that line the halls and whatever feral burrowing beasts have bypassed the entryway. If this is the mission you want, remember to defend against any eventuality. Tetanus and poison cut closer to the heart than a greatsword, as does the unrelenting cold. And keep in mind that between the icy cold and the various rituals have kept the dead in surprisingly good condition..."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing all the makeups for a grand adventures, Yurhzorg exclaims, "ADVENTURE!" He is definitely down for this task.

9. - Top - End - #69

Þ chuckles softly at Yurhzorg's enthusiasm.
    "You are correct, Yurhzorg and I decided that particular mission wasn't a great fit for us. Clearly this one seems more to his liking though. Thank you again for the advice Master Boughton. We'll do our best to prepare and then be on our way."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Þ will pick up a cold weather outfit, furs, crampons, some rope and a grappling hook for good measure on the way out of town. Other than that I think we're ready for an IC.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Upon seeing his traveling buddy going off to buy things, Yurhzorg will buy himself an extra-large winter blanket to keep him warm as well. In his mind, that should be all the cold weather protection he needs. And considering his girth and fortitude, he might even be right.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Coming into the the Wander Inn, later in the day, Elariel looks around, and notes that there weren't any other active members waiting, so she heads over to the kitchen, and asks for a salad, before she moves gracefully over to one of the tables, taking a seat that allows her to look towards the front door, before she starts munching.

She's not really all that pretty, with green eyes, brown hair, and tan skin. Her clothing looks rather... battered, and somewhat inexpertly repaired, and through some of the rents you can see the sparkle of silver chain. She sits her pack on the ground behind her, resting a thick, well used longbow on it, as well as quite a few arrows. She seems a little tired, but not very.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Eiko bounds into the guild hall at the end of the day, followed not far behind by Tsuki and the others. It seems their mission was a success! Tsuki once again takes up her usual place beside the far wall while Eiko heads off to request some dinner for the two of them from the kitchen.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

13. - Top - End - #73

GreenSorcererElf

In the back, just finishing up her meal, Elariel smiles as she sees the others coming in, and she gets up, to go and meet them.
    "Hey, everyone! So... how was your last job? Hopefully better than mine?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey Elariel!" Darwin beams at the Fire Elf as she arrives. For the last little while, the Elven Cleric has been amusing himself with twirling around his new Immovable Rods, unsure of what use they will serve, but certain it will be interesting. "Oh, it was awesome! We helped show a couple of nobles around town, but then one of them was kidnapped! But it turns out that there was no kidnapper. The noble had just disguised herself as a kidnapper in order to test our loyalty as a guild. And we passed! Oh! And While I was fighting the fake kidnapper, everyone else fought an Ethereal Abomination that stole stuff for fun!" Darwin explains haphazardly. Words spilling out of his mouth almost faster than he could say them. The Elf Cleric was standing by the job board. Casually browsing it. "I'm actually looking to get another mission to do tomorrow morning. I'm looking into the Cat one. It sounds fun! Though I imagine you and Rilele would really enjoy the one with the jungle exploring. Hey Tsuki!" The young Elf calls to the Aasimar sitting in the corner. "You wanna help a nice lady find her missing cat?" He asks her, expectantly.
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2015-09-27 at 07:19 PM.
    Well, you know the old saying. "Give a man a sword and he'll do a d6 in damage. Tell a man the rules by which he must follow to craft his OWN sword, and the campaign's off the rails by suppertime".

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

15. - Top - End - #75

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel nods, as she reaches them, quite glad to see them.
    "Good to see you as well, Darwin. That... sounds as quite a lot more interesting than my last trip. I don't think I ever want to see another cow."
    As Darwin continues, and browses through the jobs, she nods again.
    "I did rather think that retrieving a mushroom would be a good change of pace. And... there aren't any cows in the jungle!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Tsuki just shrugs slightly at the question, trying to be noncommittal. She just came back from a mission, and as far as she's concerned, one mission was more than enough for awhile. Still, if someone really needed her, she'd probably go.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Darwin, pouting slightly at Tsuki's non-answer, wanders over to the kitchen and picks up a stew to eat at the table. Near to Tsuki, because sitting far away from the only other person on a table is weird. As he eats, he sort of quietly talks into the air in front of his meal. "Hey, Nalia. What about you? You wanna find a cat tomorrow morning?"

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Nalia was not hovering out of sight, oddly enough, but sitting normally at the other side of the table, staring at a new ring on her hand. "Where did he... How did he..." She placed her hand against the table, then on her face. Then, seeming to finally realise that Darwin was there, she suddenly leaned over the table and hugged him.

...wait, hugged him?

Spoiler: Darwin
    Show
    The hug is completely solid. She looks on the verge of tears.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Darwin's eyes go wide the moment he is hugged by Nalia. It was then that he realized she was far more corporeal than usual. "That's... New. Wait, is that...? Is that the ring you wanted for so long? Oh my gosh, that's awesome! Congratulations!" Darwin cheers, hugging her back. Comforting his now-tangible undead friend.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground

After finishing making the rounds of the merchants (including T'inker, to whom she returned the Gloves of Object Reading with her thanks), Rilele returns to the guild with the others.
    "Thank you." Rilele replies to the nobles' gift. She tucks the bracers away in her pack for now, and heads for dinner. While there, she also returns the plate from that morning's breakfast.

Once she's eaten, she tries to find Tennick. 'I'm not sure how much good an apology for running out this morning will do, but it shouldn't hurt.'

Upon resolving that (or failing to find Tennick) she goes to bed for the night, ready for a rest after the day's events.
    Last edited by Dondasch; 2015-09-28 at 08:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Seriously though. I just don't want to see another setting with the same uninspiring oatmeal polytheism blend.

21. - Top - End - #81

GreenSorcererElf

As the new missions are posted, Elariel frowns as she looks over them, mulling over the new information for a few moments before she nods.
    "Hm. The Late Archmage seems quite interesting as well. I'd love to have a chance to see what sorts of books he has..."
    She looks over the others, noting the lack of interest, and she sighs.
    "On the other hand, perhaps not. I suppose we'll decide in the morning."
    With that, Elariel heads off, to meditate, and rest, after her arduous day.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2015-09-28 at 01:02 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Eiko comes bounding up to Tsuki, a flyer grasped in her mouth. Waving it at Tsuki, Eiko says, "A ball! The prince is having a ball! I get to wear a pretty dress!"

The color in Tsuki's face drains as she looks at the flyer.

"No. No no no no no no no. Th-That is n-not hap-pi-pening. It's too embarrassing."

"Oh, please, Tsuki! I want to go!"
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

"Wait what?" Darwin looks over to Tsuki's corner, his interest thoroughly piked. "Nalia. Congratulations on the being real thing. I hope you have a fun couple of days. I've got adventuring to do!" And, with that, the young Elf bounds over to Tsuki and Eiko's corner, almost giving the cat a run for it's money in eagerness. "A ball? That sounds awesome! I can talk to rich people and eat fancy food and tell rich people jokes and canwepleaseTsuki? Pleeeeeeeeaaase???" He begs the Aasimar Spellthief, with all of his heart.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Eiko's ears suddenly lay flat when the elf approaches, and she half hides behind Tsuki, who timidly replies.

"I... er... I guess.I kind of wanted to do something... low key. Maybe... Maybe we could find the lost library books instead? Or... Eiko! What about rat hunting? You'd enjoy that, right Eiko?"

Eiko shakes her head no and pushes the flier towards Tsuki again. It seems she has her heart set on wearing something pretty.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Lowering his volume somewhat, Darwin gives a slightly more charming plea. "Come on Tsuki, it'll be fun. I can do all the talking, and instead of looking weirdly quiet, you'll just be a mysterious femme fatale. Nobles eat that up! And besides, you rocked that maid outfit. A dress isn't any more fancy!" Now, Darwin was an Elf that was easily impressed, yes. But, true to form, you would NEVER find a more honest opinion on someone or something than when D'aerw'hen Freeborn speaks his.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Tsuki's shoulders fall as she stares at the table. After a moment she straightens her posture and takes a deep breath.

"Alright, but... This is a noble affair, right? And we just happen to have some nobles staying with us. We should invite Elwyn and Sylali to accompany us. I'll go if Sylali goes."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Darwin... Remains motionless for a few moments, a nonsensically large smile crawling it's way up his mouth. "Start setting up the team with Tennick. I'll be right back!" He states, before rushing off and up the stairs to the wing of the Inn dedicated to the high class occupants. There are a few moments where Darwin can't find the room. Until, of course, he notices the huge mound of bags still sitting outside one of the doors. Darwin then fervently knocks on the door. "Elwyn! Sylali! Open up, I've got an invitation to an awesome gala and Tsuki won't come unless you guys do!" He shouts at the door, hoping the twins are yet to fall asleep.
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2015-09-28 at 06:44 PM.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Tsuki drags herself to her feet, pushed up by an overly eager Eiko.

"Hurry, Tsuki! Hurry! I don't want someone else to get the mission before we do!"

"I'm going. I'm going... I can't believe I'm going..."

Tsuki, against every instinct, searches out Tennick to arrange for their party to go to the gala. The only question in her mind at the moment, "What am I going to wear?"
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

The door creaks open and Darwin is treated to the sight of Sylali in her nightgown. She sighs, leaning back against the door frame.
    "Oh dear, I should have expected this. From the heat of battle and mystery you find yourself absolutely captivated with me. I'm afraid you're far from the first."
    "Sister dear, I think you've taken one too many Searing Lights to the head. I don't think Darwin here swings that way," Elwyn's voice calls from within. He pauses. "Truthfully I think I'd be surprised if he swings at all. He probably got tossed balls and walked to first base."
    "You're mixing your metaphors again. With I think an unforeseen and undesired result."
    "Anyway, what is this about a party?" Darwin asks, opening the door further. He is wearing a set of sensible pinstripe pajamas.
    "Hmm...fancy dress? Land of...what's this character, hua? Bua? I don't recognize it. Well, I appreciate the thought, but I think it's something the two of us had best steer clear of. You've heard that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar? To the flies of the aristocracy, a gala is honey, and the manor is the parlor that the assassin of a spider invites us into."
    "Your metaphors."
    "We're meant to be lying low while the delegations are going on, so even in disguise we'd be too out in the open. This could very easily be a trap to ferret us out. Also on a less serious note, while I fully appreciate how excited you are for this, it's more or less our standard. Caviar is our bread and butter, and this is our chance to spread our wings a little. Honestly, I'm looking forward to exploring the floors of the guild and maybe talking to a few of the more seniors members, get some insight on life as a professional mage. So hey, we'll trade places for a little. Elwyn the Wanderer, and posh Darwin. Hey, feel free to dress as me for your fancy dress and root out any kidnappers while you're at it."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Darwin is THUROUGHLY confused at the mention of balls and bases and swinging, but is nonetheless crestfallen at the overall decision. "Awwww... But I get ya'. It makes sense to want a change of pace. Though I'm not a very good liar, so I'll probably just go as me. Although..." Darwin pauses, rubbing his chin as he forms a dastardly plan. "Elwyn, you're about my size. And Sylali, you look like you fit Tsuki's measurements. Could we maybe... Borrow some of your clothes for the gala? I promise to fix the inevitable damage with the power of magic!" He begs the two noble siblings.

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison