New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #661
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Skyside 4

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Warehouse]

Hanna smiles at the compliment, but says, "I think there has been enough of a fight...Any further violence will only cause more problems. We should retreat...We don't even know who these people are, or why they're attacking." She gently lifts off the ground as she says this, preparing for flight.
    Men in black armor pour out of the hole shooting rifles at everyone in the room, mainly the one who wanted to "smash 'em all to bits" one man with just a handgun at his side casts(yes he's a wizard) an anti magic field in the angel's direction.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Warehouse]

((So what do the eyes see down there? It was never addressed in your post, Green elf.))
    As soon as these men starts pouring out of the hole, which shouldn't be right away if they had to take cover from their own explosives, the mist animates in the form of small shadowy creatures who attack the men's legs.

'Telly' smirks. "Yes, time to goooo-." Turning into black cloud as she speaks which escapes into the back of the warehouse, as bullets fly around her. She appears to be going the same direction Kelligan went.
    The grunt that stayed behind simply charges at the men, apparently ignoring the injuries it takes as it comes like a bull at them. They will soon experience that there is in fact an invisible wall of force around this being that is deflecting shoots, causing them to ricochet across the room, and knocks anyone near it away. making it's charge all the more powerful.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-10-29 at 09:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

[Sewer]]

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    The sprite tries to run, but is quickly entangled by the net. It cowers against the ground, unable to act.
    The goblins try to drag the sprite towards the reader and press its hand against it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Cell]

There, there, Kulpa. It'll be okay.
    "We aren't going to give you up." Currently there's not much likelihood that the two parties can agree on any value of Kulpa.
    Kestrel gives the boy a hug, as best it is able to, and carefully goes to examine the bag. What are these supposed to be? A bribe? Another method of delivering spiders?
    The bag seems to be full of chips of a silvery metal, which a closer inspection, depending on Kestrel's abilities, will prove to be solid silicon. As Kestrel examines the bag the voice speaks. I believe this should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sewer]]

The goblins try to drag the sprite towards the reader and press its hand against it.
    The sprite, not weighing very much, is pretty easily dragged. The handprint is recognized. Thank You, Sil'knea'tru. Print Recognized. The door opens into a neat corridor.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

5. - Top - End - #665
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Cell]

Goodness, maybe they can!

Kestrel turns to look at Kulpa, incredulous.
    "What are you?"
    "Why is he trying to catch you?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

[Sewer]

The goblins continue down the corridor, dragging their captive along.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground

Cell

k...k...kelpie! Kulpa stammers out.

Sewer=>Tunnel

The goblin wails loudly as he is dragged.

8. - Top - End - #668

Default [Cell]

Kestrel looks over the boy.
    He certainly doesn't seem like the classical depiction associated with that word. But the universe is vast and strange, and words treacherous and flexible.
    "This approaches a tenth of the value I described, and does demonstrate an ability to acquire valuable things."
    There are many external things weighing on Kestrel to complete the contract. The voice revealed he was involved with slavers, and the machine has a personal problem with that. And really, how could he offer enough money to make up for the option of just selling Kulpa directly? He would have to discourage any thoughts of escape without help first.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

[Sewer => Tunnel]

One of the goblins will attempt to gag the pixie, as the team continues down the tunnel. They're on alert for traps, or any signs of the child they're protecting.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ettin in the Playground

Cell
    As if on cue, Kulpa transforms into a black colt. He still leans on Kestrel though. The voice remains silent, for now.

Tunnel
    The sprite puts up no particular resistance to being gagged. The tunnel eventually leads to a large door, which is guarded by a large statue of a man with a battleaxe.

11. - Top - End - #671

Default [Cell]

"How interesting."
    "Do not fear. Freedom is very precious and your enemy seems to undervalue it."

Now, they wait some more.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #672
    Orc in the Playground

[Meeting Place]

"We won't turn down any help," Wenomir says, out loud. Making a point of answering this way, even. "Still... having what people think of as a demon among us will raise concerns. The public isn't good with seeing shades of grey."
    On the other hand, you'd be surprised just how welcoming this world can be.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

[Tunnel]

The crossbow goblin takes a bolt from the alchemist, takes aim, and fires it at the statue. The bolt will adhere to the stone, should it hit, and promptly explode.

14. - Top - End - #674

[Secure Warehouse - AMEN meeting]

The warehouse AMEN has been given directions to is a small but secure affair. There is a big fence around it with barbed wire at the top. Several hellhounds with gnolls holding their leashes are patrolling the area, and there is even a tower with a mounted machine gun on top of the warehouse.

If they approach it, they will be stopped by the guards, but will soon be let inside by a small goblin in a business suit. "Let them in, Mr. Kelligan have been expecting them." He says as the gnolls move aside, pulling their drooling pets with them by the leash.
    "Never though I'd meet AMEN's leaders, is it true that you are all the members that remain of your organization?" The goblin asks as he looks at them. "I am Spark Wisewiz by the way, Mr. Kelligans legal adviser." He offers his little hand to shake.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-11-22 at 07:09 AM.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "How interesting."
    "Do not fear. Freedom is very precious and your enemy seems to undervalue it."

Now, they wait some more.
    The voice speaks again. The provided materials should be enough. If not, tell me what is missing.

[Tunnel]

The crossbow goblin takes a bolt from the alchemist, takes aim, and fires it at the statue. The bolt will adhere to the stone, should it hit, and promptly explode.
    The statue, somewhat surprisingly, dodges, although not enough to prevent a large hole from being blown in its shoulder. It grabs a large rock and throws it at the group of goblins.

16. - Top - End - #676

"Consider the goal-options available."
    "Securing egression for the boy: five gold links plus expenses, two basic arms to date."
    "Maintaining control of the bag already delivered: one bag's contents of silicon."
    "Surrendering the boy: safe exit for myself."
    "Waiting for cell breach is free. There is a recovery operation underway, and you can't profitably keep us here indefinitely."
    "In order to purchase compliance, you have to be buying more: freedom from my troubling you, a sin tax, a pigovian accounting, and a value of pride."

Kestrel double-checks that its weapons are charged.
    "It was hasty of you to insert this bag into the cell before we had an agreement."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #677

El Cuervo hops its way towards the warehouse, keeping the one arm it has tucked under its tunic and its wings back. The hellhounds do have it slightly nervous because they do have fire, and El Cuervo is flammable. After a brief moment, El Curvo lets Spark shake its cold fabric and metal hand.

"Not quite all...though it is...most of us."

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

[Tunnel]

The goblins scatter, but the beast-tamer is knocked aside by the boulder. The rest of them spread out, working to flank the golem and keep it distracted.

19. - Top - End - #679

Zefir is here , too and he is armed. It's one thing to be in the base and only had to fear the members, but outside it's like all the sniper laser point at his head. The scarf he wears is just a small protection in that case. He takes the hand for a short shake after ElCurvo did.

"Our number is low and that's the reason we are here. I assume you knew that already."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #680

Spark looks puzzled. "I wasn't informed about that, no. I was simply told that you wanted to be fixed up with a base here in Skyside." He replies as he gestures for them to follow him inside the warehouse.

As they enter, they will notice that Sargon is already and together with his two bodyguards they are taking up a lot of space. "Zefir, El Cuervo." He nods at the two.

Spark moves up to a projector aimed at a empty wall of the room and starts it up, the screen flickers to life showing a goblin sitting in a desk in some office. "This is Mr. Kelligan, my employer." Spark introduces him. "I believe you are already familiar with King Sargon."

"Yeah, yeah. We all know one another in here, so lets get down to business. Namely, we all want MERC gone, don't we?" The goblin on the screen suddenly speaks up. "Led by a leatherskin that put trust in elves and is afraid of getting his dainty little hands dirty. A true shame of the mercenary business. Yet his company somehow dominates it and forced everyone else to live up to their insane standards." He pauses. "But one step at the time, first we must chase them out of Skyside, which is my city." He clears his throat. "So the deal is simple, I set you up with a base and some people knowledgeable about the city, and you destroy the MERC office here and chase out all their members, that way everyone wins, right?" Kelligan grins.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-11-23 at 06:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #681

El Cuervo hops inside the warehouse, noting that Sargon is already here. Once the projector turns on El Cuervo turns its attention to the screen.

"Seems fitting, sir. ...Your'e thoughts, Zefir?"

22. - Top - End - #682

"Hmm." Zefir replies. "I got some question about that.
    First of: Do we only get the place after we destroy the MERC office?
    Second: Do you got informations about MERC member around?"

23. - Top - End - #683

"Before, of course. It really isn't too much trouble for me to arrange, and you obviously need a place here before you properly can fight MERC." The goblin clarifies. "As for MERC members, I don't think any prominent members are hanging out here. The only incident that comes to mind is that gorgon they have, Dena I believe, turned a college of mine, Krak Sizsaw, to jade. I think he was sold to some ethereal as a lawn ornament afterwards." Kelligan chuckles. "Anyway, the slavers were pretty upset after that incident, especially since she killed off some guards and property too. The funny thing is that I suspect the whole thing wasn't even intentional, which is just further proof of MERC's incompetence. They can't even control their monsters."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-11-23 at 03:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #684

"I can handle...the gorgon. It...would be wise...to leave her...to me alone. ...Others would just...get in the...way."

25. - Top - End - #685

Zefir doesn't look very pleased. Neither about the amount of Informations or the informations themself.

"If I recall right, there is a high rank member named Dena. But she was no Gorgon." Zefir replies. "Be careful El Curvo."
    His attention turns backk to the screen.
    "I guess we have a deal then."

26. - Top - End - #686

Kelligan spreads his arms and smiles widely. "Excellent! I'll have Spark set you up with a base right away."

But Sargon interrupts. "Aren't we supposed to talk about the Riverside operation as well? You mentioned a change of plans."

Kelligan rubs his hands together. "Good that you mentioned it. I've actually decided that attacking Eastside is insufficient. With the combined forces of AMEN, your demons, and KABAL, we can strike all the three major sides at once." He looks around at the gathered people. "So here's the plan, AMEN, which I guess is that minion guy and any forces you send with him, is going to plant one of our bomb in the MERC HQ in Westside. Meanwhile KABAL, as in my illustrious mercenary company, is going to bomb the hunter HQ in Eastside, while Sargons forces are gonna blow up the police station in Northside. We're going to need a distraction though, to lure everyone away."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-11-24 at 07:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687

El Cuervo thinks for a bit about this plan for Riverside.

"Would a being...as large as...a building work? ..I can arrange...for one, if...you are willing...to help provide...the fuel needed."

28. - Top - End - #688

Zefir doesn't add anything to the distraction plan. ElCurvo has brought something up.

"I could help you with the explosives." he says. "It's kind of my Area of ​​Expertise."

29. - Top - End - #689

Kelligan spreads his arms. "That depends on the fuel you need. But if AMEN can fix the explosives too, that'd be great."

"As long as it can't be tracked." Sargon reminds them. "Discretion is advised."

The goblin mercenary leader shrugs. "Yeah, yeah, anything else?"

Sargon slowly straightens himself, now standing nearly completely upright. "Yes, one more thing. The group division. I think it needs to be adjusted a bit, only mortal beings relying on their 'technology' should attack the hunter HQ. I don't know if you're aware, but like my pit knights, they are specifically trained to counter things that lay outside their world of physics. So that means your mercenaries should do the job, with the exception of the Reik and Tellysandra of course. They should move against the police station, as it is has no such defenses."

Kelligan blinks. "Reik, as in... demons? I do wish Telly had been here to hear that, but she kinda comes and goes..."

"Yes." Is Sargon's only reply before heturns to Zefir and El Cuervo. "Which leaves AMEN's forces to take on the MERC base, which is bit of a wild card. Just what are your forces and how can they counter MERC? You must know a bit more about them than I."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-11-25 at 11:14 AM.

30. - Top - End - #690

"The fuel I...need is energy. ...Let my minions...spend time with...those you don't...need active and...they will gather...it for me. ..As for MERC...your'e thoughts sir?"

El Cuervo wasn't one to do much research but perhaps Zefir has that information.