New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 4

Tier jumps into his ship and starts flying upwards. Unless anyone stops him, he seems to just simply disappear. It's as if the sky opened and then closed on him.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tempest Row - The Wicker Goat]

Once it's on the table, Lilac takes the gun and turns it over in her hands, looking at it from every angle. What's it made out of? She has some familiarity with magic, so what are the runes meant to do? does it follow any build patterns she might have seen before?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

The revolver's material appears to be an alloy of iron with materials that are hard to pin down. If she can recognize such things, she'll note that they seem to be chaotic and entropic in nature. The runes' purpose is to give power to the shots fired from the revolver, but also to prevent it from simply dissolving. The build pattern will most likely feel very unfamiliar. This weapon is custom-made.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your little revolver there was custom made for someone, and given the fact that you didn't know, sounds like you got it from somewhere. Take a seat, tell me your story, and I'll tell you what all your little sidearm there is." Lilac hands the gun back to Michalson. Seems a trade's what she's after, else she won't tell him any details.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think I got it from its original owner," Michalson says, as he sits down. "I signed up with a group of bashers diggin' around a real 'ard site... a ruined Githzerai city, in Limbo. A pack of those giths took offence to that, an' we had to fight our way out. We got out three 'eads short and with little to show for it... but we did find this. I managed to lay my hands on it, as part of my loot. Others just saw it as a weapon. I think there's more to it."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-03-25 at 01:41 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "They'll like me." Alni states confidently. Or else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Weapon factory]

"After I stepped in, the mercanarys there where immediatly alerted of the crows and a guy named Tier was there, too." Zefir starts. "when they prepared for the crows I excused myself for not having a proper weapon and head for the armory. I set up a few bombs, but that tier guy cam looking for me early. He was strangly hostile and I tried to rely on the whole Boss employee thing. I had no choice other then going up again. I wasn't sure if the bombs I placed were enought, thought.
    Then this Tier guy took his shotgun and tried to shoot me. He either is a crazy maniac with an anger problem or he is an assasin trying to kill Kirk. I think first and I'm sure he didn't discover the illusion. I'm not sure what happened outside, but I think he called in some backup. I just heared big noise outside and escaped with what I was able to grab."
    [Weapon factory]

Tellysandra will go and help El Cuervo out of the hole, offering her hands to drag him up. "Tier, you say? I shall investigate this, insane or not, he could become useful for us. MERC will certainly attempt to chase him down if he actually betrayed them in such a fashion. I mean, if he actually could see through the illusion, why not tell the others? I suspect he might have been assassin hired by some third party to infiltrate MERC, and he saw a opportunity to deal some real damage to MERC's infrastructure when he saw Kirk and went for it." She theorizes.

KABAL Office

"Sounds like you got the right attitude at least, I always imagined elves to be more..." She shrugs. "You know... wimpy? Either that, or too perfect demigods. I mean, I've never actually met one before actually. Not many of your kind around here, figured you were from some other part of skyside."

7. - Top - End - #967

Weapon Factory

El Cuervo, with some help from Tellysandra gets out of the hole in spite of its weight. Once its out, its clear that El Cuervo is missing a lot of the feathers on its wings, the metal frame of them visible.

"Well, its good...that he was...foolish. It made...things much easier."

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"I don't think I got it from its original owner," Michalson says, as he sits down. "I signed up with a group of bashers diggin' around a real 'ard site... a ruined Githzerai city, in Limbo. A pack of those giths took offence to that, an' we had to fight our way out. We got out three 'eads short and with little to show for it... but we did find this. I managed to lay my hands on it, as part of my loot. Others just saw it as a weapon. I think there's more to it."

"Well, you're right. I've spent a lot of time with metallurgy - a bit necessary for repairing ships, you see - and I recognize the type of metal it's got. To most, it's basic steel, but you can see the jagged lines along the bottom of the barrel and along the chamber," She points them out, "Means it was fighting the blacksmith that pounded it into shape. Only way that happens is if the metal is chaotic in nature, or you have a terrible smith, and the work is too good for the maker to be bad. You say you got it in Limbo? Wouldn't be surprised if the metal is from there or Pandemonium; if it lets out a sound like a scream when you fire it, you'll know which one."

"The magic's clearly doing its best to hold it together as well as enhancing the shot - this type of metal, it rusts fast, breaks down what you put into it, but whoever enchanted it knew what they were working with. Those runes are keeping its structure steady on top of what they were customized to do. Chances are, you shoot someone with this, they're a lot more likely to get unlucky with where the bullet hits them, just by nature of the thing."

Lilac grunts, taking a swig from her mug, "This sort of weapon isn't used by every Tom, Tim, and Teardrinker that comes along. You've got something there that used to belong to a rich tit, and one that knew his weapons. Probably some kind of commander."
    Last edited by Halae; 2017-03-27 at 07:08 AM.

9. - Top - End - #969

[Weapon factory]

"Whatever you do," Zefir starts. "if you bring him close to me I will kill him. I had enougth of his kind in AMEN to be "
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson rubs his chin.

"I found it in Limbo, aye. But I don't think the giths made it. It's not... they don't do this sort o' thing. Neither githzerai, nor githyanki. An' they weren't using it, neither. It was just locked in a box... real tight. Had a 'loth's time gettin' it open. Don't think they liked it much." He taps the weapon. "Fires more than just bullets, too. I managed to tumble how to make all sorts of ammo for it."

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wouldn't surprise me. The yanks love their silver swords, and the zers all punch things. Dunno why they'd lock it up, though, unless it was cursed or being used as evidence for something - but the yanks have never been ones for following lawful course, as it were, so that puts evidence out. You sure it's not cursed? also, what other things does it fire?"

Seems Lilac's much more friendly now that they've really gotten to talking.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

"I've had it for a while, and I've scanned it plenty of times. Nothin's turned up, and I my feet haven't fallen off yet," Michalson says. "So it don't seem cursed. So far, I've tumbled how to make it breathe out fire, lob a bomb full of something sticky and nasty, a fork of lightning, and a rune-stone that gets real loud when it hits. I'm sure there's more. Each o' those takes a special charge, though. Then there's just normal bullets."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-03-27 at 09:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

"Which leads to the question of why it was locked up so tight. I've told you what I can; I could try taking it apart to get a better look at the enchantments, but there's a number of problems with that idea. Even if you were willin' to let me do it, I can't guarantee I'd be able to put it back together, on account of its chaotic nature. It doesn't want a shape, and the sort of things I'd need to do to look it over properly might wake that part of it up." Lilac seems frustrated with that fact. She clearly doesn't like the idea of a challenge she can't work out.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Firbolg in the Playground

[KABAL Office]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Sounds like you got the right attitude at least, I always imagined elves to be more..." She shrugs. "You know... wimpy? Either that, or too perfect demigods. I mean, I've never actually met one before actually. Not many of your kind around here, figured you were from some other part of skyside."
    Alni puffs up a bit at the mention of 'too perfect demigods'. That is what they've made of themselves, isn't it? But she can't let it go to her head. That's how she got into this mess. There are still greater things out there, and even lesser creatures like humans can be dangerous. "The elders are like that. So timid and set in their ways. Couldn't stand it."

She swings her legs impatiently under the chair, looking at the receptionist.
    "What are they waiting for?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

"I wouldn't count on bein' able to put it together again, no," Michalson agrees. "I'd rather hold on to it, but... we could make a deal. Someone in your line o' work can find plenty I can help 'er with."

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe," Lilac agrees, "And if you find anything we can both work with... well, I doubt either of us would mind there being an extra pair of hands." Lilac reaches out a hand to shake.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson shakes her hand. There's something odd to how he does it. His right hand and arm are definitely not as mobile as they should be.

"It'll be good to work with someone again. Been too long. Magi-tech, as you call it, isn't really my speciality. 'S why I couldn't crack this 'ere gun on my own."

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, you clearly know my specialty." Lilac says, "What are yours, Michalson?"

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

"It's more traditional dazzle," Michalson explains. "I don't cast anything, myself, but I know how it works. Rituals, wards, enchantments, runes. The works. I know what makes 'em tick, how to make 'em stop ticking, how to replicate 'em in a pinch."

20. - Top - End - #980

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [On Patrol]

"Mostly trying to get the lay of the land, and see where HALO might be able to help." Quin says, jovially, though one of the glowing orbs that serve as his eyes seems to grow slightly larger while the other seems to get cut off by the darkness that surrounds it. Obviously if he had eyebrows, he'd have one raised and one lowered in a skeptical expression, but this will have to suffice. His voice is a bit incredulous at the others' claims about HALO. "I'm not sure where you've been hearing those things, but they're all wrong. Why would we need to steal your technology when we have a base that can dynamically resize individual rooms based on the occupants' needs? And how in the world could one, and only one, organization be responsible for global sea rise?" He shakes his head for a moment. He doesn't know what a planarist is, so best to just push past that for right now. "And what sort of 'new world order' are you talking about? HALO has no plans to conquer anything if that's what you're thinking. We're not here to take over, just to help keep the peace. If somebody is doing something criminal, and we see it, we'll step in and help stop it, and hand the wrongdoer over to the authorities, whoever they are. Skyside's, or any of the other 'sides' freedom isn't in jeopardy from us."
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Weapon Factory

El Cuervo, with some help from Tellysandra gets out of the hole in spite of its weight. Once its out, its clear that El Cuervo is missing a lot of the feathers on its wings, the metal frame of them visible.

"Well, its good...that he was...foolish. It made...things much easier."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Weapon factory]

"Whatever you do," Zefir starts. "if you bring him close to me I will kill him. I had enougth of his kind in AMEN to be "
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [KABAL Office]

Alni puffs up a bit at the mention of 'too perfect demigods'. That is what they've made of themselves, isn't it? But she can't let it go to her head. That's how she got into this mess. There are still greater things out there, and even lesser creatures like humans can be dangerous. "The elders are like that. So timid and set in their ways. Couldn't stand it."

She swings her legs impatiently under the chair, looking at the receptionist.
    "What are they waiting for?"
    [KABAL Office]

"I'm waiting for a friend. She should be done any minute now." And true to her word, a goblin girl dressed in a similar fashion as the human comes out from the office. "I got the job!" She squee's happily.
    The human gets up and gets her shorter friend a fistbump. "Was there any doubt? You go girl!"

The goblin at the reception couldn't care less though. "Next..." He repeats monotonously. Looks like it is the elf's turn.

Weapon Factory

Tellysandra waves her hand dismissively once she helped El Cuervo up. "Don't worry, I'm not planning to hire him. Simply, put him on the right path, so to speak. Either way, we shouldn't put too much thought into him now. We need to prepare for the next step on the plan. While we have set back MERC here in Skyside, they are still strong in Riverside, while you have nothing there. I believe there is a lot of opportunity there for you and us however, Southside is filled with warlords who would love to hire some competent helping hands out. So we just need to make ourselves a name there." The question if terrorist attacks is the right way to do it.

[On Patrol]

"Oh here we go, 'criminal'." The leader goblin says with airquotes. "There is nothing 'criminal' in Skyside that hasn't been deemed so by the other governments. As I said, Skyside is free, you can't subject out city to your stupid laws. You should go back from where you came you *********."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-03 at 05:26 PM.

21. - Top - End - #981

NinjaGuy

[On Patrol]

Quin sighs. He had almost forgotten that this city has broken down into lawlessness.

"If you're going to argue that the city is free from laws, then you can't really protest someone taking a publicly posted poster. It's not theft if there are no laws against someone taking it, right?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

22. - Top - End - #982

Default [KABAL Office]

"Congratulations."

Alni hops up and heads into the office, looking around curiously.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #983

[KABAL Office]

It is not as much of a office as a small movie-theater with some rather comfy-looking seats. The screen flickers to life as soon as she enters the room, showing a goblin sitting in a actual office. Judging by the window in the background, it is somewhere near the coast. "And who're you supposed to be? KABAL don't invest much in toys." Whatever that's supposed to mean.

[On Patrol]

"That's why we're here, we are protecting what's ours, and that." He points at the posters. "Is ours. Its the whole point of freedom, not like a mind-washed planarist goon like you would understand it." He insists.

24. - Top - End - #984

NinjaGuy

[On Patrol]

Quin chuckles, shaking his head again.

"I'm not mind-washed, and I don't even know what a planarist is. But the point of freedom is to be able to pursue your own happiness without fear of being tyrannized. For that, you need laws that everyone understands, or else you have nothing but anarchy. Can you boys really say that you're happy protecting posters? Wouldn't you rather protect your friends and families, those you care about, rather than pieces of paper?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

25. - Top - End - #985

Default [KABAL Office]

Alni squints up at the screen.
    "A new applicant. What are you supposed to be, phoning into your own organization?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #986

[On Patrol]

"...was that a threat you ****** piece of metal? You better not mention my family again, in fact you better leave. Now." The goblin threatens.

[KABAL Office]

"I'm Lawren Kelligan, the owner of KABAL, it is even named after me." The goblin insists, glaring back at the elf. "Why are you supposed to be, coming here for a interview, not even knowing about me?"

27. - Top - End - #987

NinjaGuy

[On Patrol]

Quin holds up a hand in a "stop" motion once more, before folding the poster in his hands in half again, then offering it to the goblin. His previous question wasn't asked in a threatening tone, but he can see there's little more to reason with these kids. Still, some part of him insists he try one final time.

"No, it most certainly was not." He says, a bit indignant. "I was merely trying to get you to think about what you really want, instead of potentially throwing your lives away trying to protect someone else's propaganda. But, perhaps that's all you want out of life. Fine. I shall leave you to it. But were I you, I would think long and hard about what I'm fighting for before accosting random people on the street. The next one might not be so noble as I. Good day."

Quin will turn on his heel and stride off, tossing the folded up poster over his shoulder at the group if the goblin hasn't taken it.

28. - Top - End - #988

Default [KABAL Office]

"So why isn't it called 'KELLIGAN', huh?"
    The elf puts a hand on her hip, glaring back.
    "How do you expect anyone to hear while you're off at the beach? No one in Skyside is talking about you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #989

[KABAL Office]

The goblin blinks, and stares at her wide-eyed. "Are you trying to annoy me, or something? I thought this was going to be a job interview, not a roost! Just what do you want, elf? Out with it!"

[On Patrol]

The gang doesn't quite muster the guts to reply to that, they just stare at the robot as he walks off. They might shout insults at him when they think he can no longer hear them, but they weren't going to risk their lives right here and now. They weren't nearly drunk enough for that.

30. - Top - End - #990

NinjaGuy

[On Patrol]

Quin walks for a block, then takes to the skies once more, his thrusters flaring brightly. Foot patrol is probably not the best idea any longer, as he's probably likely to run into more gangs, and some of them are bound to be better armed than that group of teenagers. He's still watching for petty crimes being committed, but given the fact that the city is basically in anarchy now, he's not sure that foiling such crimes will even be appreciated or even wanted, if that group of teenagers is any indication. Still, he has a job to do, and he intends to carry it out to the best of his ability. He crisscrosses the city, watching for other things he, or HALO, might be able to do to help.