New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1493

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 4

Tempest Spaceport

A loud clanking noise permeates the doorway towards the hustle and bustle of Skyside. A figure almost entirely encased in what appears to be a purple metal suit walks into view. He's almost seven feet tall, dwarfing most people who walk by him. His head is covered in a half yellow half gray helmet with no features except two eye holes and three lines that gave hint of a scorched mouth. His metal suit's torso is purple, with pink wires running all throughout it. His arms are black with three spindly, robotic fingers poking out at the end of the arm. His legs white, and entirely mechanical. The knees bend in the opposite way a normal man's do, and instead of feet are four spindly, robotic tendrils much like the one's that compose his fingers.

A voice that seems to be a cross from John Cramer and Ultron speaks four short words: Looks like I'm home..

Jonas Sinclair has arrived.
    Spoiler: In case combat arrives
    Show
    In order to seem like I'm not cheating in future combats, Jonas has these sets of abilities:
    Gun Arm (left)
    Energy Blade Arm (right)
    Flamethrower (Stored on back)
    [On a scale of one to ten, how's his aim?] about a 6 or 7
    [On a scale of one to ten, how's his swordplay?] about a 8 or 9
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-04-18 at 03:21 PM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

Attila's Cantina - Tempast Row

The metallic clanking of Jonas's mechanics fills the air as he walks inside the cantina.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Bugbear in the Playground

It appears that a a strange person is already in the Cantina. A man wearing a grey business suit sits on one end of a table. That may be not so unusal, but the arms of his suit seem to be ripped of by the scales that grow from his shoulder down to his hand. His hair is cut short an appears to be white, though his face makes him look like in his early 30ies.
    Onhis side stands arather normal man, wearing jeans and a grey t-shirt. He appears really bored and only the gun on his hip gives a slight hint why he is here.

The man in dthe suit offers the newcomer the seat on his table. Not sure if he is even able to take a seat.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonas eyes the man for a long moment, then clanks on over to the table. Jonas takes a look at the chair, then sits upon it.

I believe that this is the first chair not owned by myself that hasn't broken when I sat upon it in a very long time. My name is Jonas, and I'd like to get to the point: why did you call me here?

5. - Top - End - #1025

Attila's Cantina - Tempast Row[/B]

The man looks suprised at the robot.
    "I just offered you a chair here, nothing more." the man says, his voice firm and smooth. It's like his voice can make you belive that this guy is totally innocent.
    "Your appereance caught my intrest, that is all. If you have been called by someone into this building, it wasn't me."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonas's eyes flash for a moment, then the fade. I thought you were my contact. Although having a look at this place my contact is most likely dead or bolted. Shame. Anyway,
    I am Jonas, and I suppose common decency dictates that we converse.

7. - Top - End - #1027

"My name is Arkant, Arkant del Gadis. Nice to meet you." he replies.

"Skyside is dangerous. Just recently we got a big fight here caused by MERC, as far as I'm informed. Maybe your contact did die during that event? And while we are at it, what did you expect to get from this contact?"

8. - Top - End - #1028

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Weapon factory]

"There is a form to go through and an interview." Zefir says."Nothing big I guess. People haven't joined since the Riverside plaot I guess."

Then a henchman brings in the wanted poster.

"So guess he didn't knew it was an illusion."
    [Weapon factory]

The eyes Zefir knows are connected to the warlock focus on the poster, and there is a loud "hmph" from Tellysandra. "Its been like an hour." She remarks, shaking her head. "But that doesn't matter to me. Tier doesn't work for us, so if MERC is waiting him, who cares? We should just get this interview over with, yes? We could even do it right here."

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

"My name is Arkant, Arkant del Gadis. Nice to meet you." he replies.

"Skyside is dangerous. Just recently we got a big fight here caused by MERC, as far as I'm informed. Maybe your contact did die during that event? And while we are at it, what did you expect to get from this contact?"

Don't take this the wrong way, but when you meet someone in a shady bar filled with eyes and ears everywhere, you generally don't divulge information. says Jonas

10. - Top - End - #1030

"I understand that to well." Arkant replies. "I think it will be easy to remove any unwelcome eyes and ears, unles we find another topic to talk about." A short break comes as he looks around the people that have to be in the Cantiina as well. His face show no worries, since he didn't recognize any of them.
    "I may have one that I would really like to talk about. Who did made your body?"

[Weapon factory]

Zefir eyes the invisible eyes, thought he can't see them directly.
    "We could." Zefir admits. He stands up and heads for the Office block. "Follow me."

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

My body was mutilated and burned by a creature known known only as "Monster". It was an alien with no purpose other than to spread chaos. My colleague brought me into a facility and... remade me. answers Jonas as he gestures to himself.

12. - Top - End - #1032

"Oh, so you didn't do it yourself." Arkant replies.
    "Is this facility here in the Nexus?"

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

If things go well in the next few weeks, it will be. replies Jonas.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Orc in the Playground

Lurking Near an Alleyway

A boy is here. He looks to be about eight years old, and appears to be human, with pale skin and short golden-blond hair. He's wearing a white t-shirt and black joggers, and on his feet are dirty white trainers. He's sat on a wooden crate, and crying, head bowed and shoulders shaking.

Perhaps a passing slaver sees an opportunity for quick profit; or a do-gooder wishes to do a good deed and help the 'child'.

Interaction Wanted, Please.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking through a window, Jonas spies the child lurking in the alleyway, and the spirit of an idea leaps through his eyes.

Sorry Arkant, but one of the reasons I've come here has just shone itself. You are welcome to follow if you like, but I cannot promise you will like the road ahead. says Jonas as he makes his way out of the bar.

Lurking near an Alleyway

Jonas makes his way to the child, and when he comes to confront him, Jonas says: Hello there. My name is Jonas, and you are?
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-04-20 at 12:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1036

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Alni hops up from her seat with a nod. At the apex of the jump, a ghostly pair of wing spread out behind her, holding her up in midair. Everything in the little theatre starts to shake and rattle and move on its own. Then she reaches into her basket and withdraws a tiny puffball of a bird that seems to be mostly head. Despite its obvious lack of aerodynamics, the creature zips around the room, performing several acrobatic flips before diving at one of the comfy seats and plopping down on it.

"He says you're going to let us join."
    [Weapon factory]

Tellysandra nods and then goes along with Zefir. "We should start up preparations for the next stage as soon as this is over."

[Kabal Office]

Kelligan puts his hands together and leans over his desk. "Clever... bird?" Was that a question? "I suppose I owe you a chance to prove yourself. You see, I am putting together a small group of new members to take down what appears to be a cult that has taken root in fair down, I assume you are up for such a task?"

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Kabal Office]

Alni nods as she sinks back to the ground.
    "He's a natu."
    "Absolutely I'm up for it. Just tell me who I'm working with and about the cult."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Orc in the Playground

Lurking Near an Alleyway

The child looks up at Jonas, and the sight of the massive cyborg seems to startle him, and so he runs into the alleyway, ducking around a corner out of sight. He'll peak round occasionally, though, to try and see if he's followed. The alleyways of Skyside aren't safe; the whole city is dangerous, but on the streets there's people to interfere. The boy could be fleeing into trouble.

Though... Something Jonas might have noticed- despite having heard the boy cry, his face is dry; and even odder, his eyes were closed. Jonas didn't get a very long look, however, and such small details can easily go unremarked.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2017-04-21 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Ninja.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

In an Alleyway

I mean you no harm, in fact I offer the opposite. Food, and shelter, if your interested. All you have to do is answer a few questions about your condition. I'm a... biologist of sorts,
    and have come here to study unique cases of deformity. To me, it seems you qualify. You will be monetarily compensated for your time, and if a long business arrangement can be reached, I can offer you more than money.
    says Jonas, not aware that a normal kid the age he was chasing probably didn't even know what the words "monetarily" or "deformity" even meant.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Orc in the Playground

Into an Alleyway

Well, the biologist may get a few surprises, shortly. As he turns the corner, there's a soft sound behind him; another child has dropped into the alleyway. If he turns, he'll see a girl, also about eight, wearing a white t-shirt, denim dungarees with a loose strap, and no shoes. Her skin is dark; contrasting with her white hair, and she hisses; opening her eyelids and revealing two tiny, sharp-fanged mouths; and her lips part to reveal a large eye with a purple iris. She is exactly the same height as the boy, minus the difference for his shoes. If he doesn't turn, the boy before him also opens his eyes and mouth, revealing the same inversion, and his mouths extend on short stalks. The iris of his large mouth-eye is bright blue.

Regardless of if he turns or not, a third child drops from higher in the alleyway, aiming for Jonas' head. This one is a boy, apparently half-orc, with dark green skin and dark orange hair, wearing a black t-shirt and matching joggers. This third child is the same height as the first two, with mouths extending from his eyesocket and a large, bright yellow eye.

Unrelated Alleyway

A girl is here. She looks to be half-elf, with dark skin, shoulder-length black hair and a slender build; her pointed ears point to an elvish heritage, but she's not quite slim enough to be full-blooded. She looks to be about eight, and she's wearing a tattered yellow sleeveless dress ending in a ragged hem just above her knees, and she's barefoot. Currently, she's sat outside an alleyway, head bowed and looking, somewhat forlornly, it seems, into a puddle.

21. - Top - End - #1041

Default Re: [Kabal Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Alni nods as she sinks back to the ground.
    "He's a natu."
    "Absolutely I'm up for it. Just tell me who I'm working with and about the cult."
    KABAL Office

"That's the sound I like, agreement." Kelligan says with a grin. He takes up a cigar from his desk. "The group consists of, eh, new members. A lot of them. Don't expect me to know them all by name. What is important though is that there are a lot of you against a tiny little snake cult. It is, like, impossible to fail. However, the trick those of you that makes the best performance will get the job." He lights the cigar. "Doesn't sound too hard, right?" There might be some slight disadvantages with this form of recruitment, but in KABAL's book, those are just advantages!
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-21 at 12:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Kabal Office]

"Almost like a practice mission." Alni wonders if it's a tiny cult centered on normal-sized snakes, or a normal-sized cult centered on tiny snakes. Or, perhaps, the best of both worlds: a tiny cult about tiny snakes.
    "Snakes are neat, but yeah. I can tell you for sure that I'm gonna be the best candidate there!" Too bad for any other candidate who seems to be doing well. They might be more of a threat than the snakes.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Unrelated Alleyway

A girl is here. She looks to be half-elf, with dark skin, shoulder-length black hair and a slender build; her pointed ears point to an elvish heritage, but she's not quite slim enough to be full-blooded. She looks to be about eight, and she's wearing a tattered yellow sleeveless dress ending in a ragged hem just above her knees, and she's barefoot. Currently, she's sat outside an alleyway, head bowed and looking, somewhat forlornly, it seems, into a puddle.
    [Unrelated Alleyway]

By sheer coincidence, a human woman comes walking down this alleyway, seemingly oblivious to the danger of the location, humming along to a song only she can hear. She is short, a little overweight, apparently of sub-Saharan African descent and in her late 40s as it seems. She's wearing a hoodie one size too large for her and with a huge front pocket, cargo pants, outdoor shoes and her medium-length hair tied into a lazy bun.
    Auntie walks right past the girl. Only after a few meters she stops and looks back at her, stopping the music playback in her head.
    Why was that child sitting there, all alone and forlorn? Yet another orphan? Alcoholic parents? Bullied and beaten up? Absolutely poor? Whatever the matter, Auntie can't just leave a child stewing in her own sadness like that. She walks over, talking to the girl with a warm smile on her face "Hello, child? Why are you moping like that?"

((Like all of my characters, Auntie has a voice sample. Do you as a veteran player think it is a good idea to have such a thing?))
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-04-21 at 01:15 PM.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Into an Alleyway

Well, the biologist may get a few surprises, shortly. As he turns the corner, there's a soft sound behind him; another child has dropped into the alleyway. If he turns, he'll see a girl, also about eight, wearing a white t-shirt, denim dungarees with a loose strap, and no shoes. Her skin is dark; contrasting with her white hair, and she hisses; opening her eyelids and revealing two tiny, sharp-fanged mouths; and her lips part to reveal a large eye with a purple iris. She is exactly the same height as the boy, minus the difference for his shoes. If he doesn't turn, the boy before him also opens his eyes and mouth, revealing the same inversion, and his mouths extend on short stalks. The iris of his large mouth-eye is bright blue.

Regardless of if he turns or not, a third child drops from higher in the alleyway, aiming for Jonas' head. This one is a boy, apparently half-orc, with dark green skin and dark orange hair, wearing a black t-shirt and matching joggers. This third child is the same height as the first two, with mouths extending from his eyesocket and a large, bright yellow eye.
    Jonas laughs, a hearty one too.
    I suppose you haven't heard of the ADU? Alien Defense Unit? I run it, and you two munchkins are the least intimidating-

Jonas stops boasting when he notices half-orc falling with a trajectory that coincides directly with Jonas's metallic helmet. The mechanical man dodges out of the way, extending his left arm at the girl, and his right arm at the boy. A small wrist slot opens on Jonas's left hand, revealing what appears to be an energy firing gun. On Jonas's right arm, a slot in his elbow opens, and purple energy sweeps from it eventually making a curved arch buzzing with energy.

I suppose an autopsy is in order for all of you. Neat trick with the eyes. I'll try to aim below the neck. If you things don't wish to be harmed, the offer still stands. Only this time the offer is to be test subjects instead of workers.

Jonas remembers the man he met at the bar, and cries: Arkant! I believe I have a proposal for you. Help here, and I'll help you somewhere else, deal?
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-04-21 at 03:01 PM. Reason: spelling goofs

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Orc in the Playground

Into an Alleyway

The monsters don't reply to Jonas.

The half-orc lands cleanly on the floor, on its feet; it doesn't bend its legs to absorb the impact, it's as though the fall hasn't effected it at all. As it hasn't; there's nothing up either wall for the children to have been clinging to. They all hiss, briefly, before all dashing into action.

The boy jumps up onto the wall, and runs- he's ducked down, head lowered, but not on all fours, and despite both feet leaving the wall his path remains steady. The boy is headed towards Jonas. Meanwhile, on the other side, the girl jumps onto the same wall and runs in the same way, also towards Jonas. They're going for the wall behind Jonas (the boy was in front of him, the girl landed behind him; in order for him to point a weapon at each, he has to stand, as from above --0--) to make it harder for him. The half-orc, meanwhile, will take the opportunity to jump at Jonas again. If he lands, he'll be hard to dislodge- these monsters can decide which way is their down, and the half-orc will assign Jonas as his 'down' if he makes contact.

Unrelated Alleyway

((Well, it's certainly unusual, if not unique. As to if it's good, I'm not the one to ask. I don't even use images, favouring text-based descriptions. The most important thing, as far as I see is: Does it help you?))

The child starts when addressed, and looks at Auntie. The girl's eyes are closed, and she stands up, walking slowly towards the older woman. She steps in the puddle, but the water isn't disturbed by her foot. When she's about a metre away, she jumps, eyes and mouth opening- which may be a shock; her eyelids reveal tiny fanged mouths which quickly extend out on tendrils, and her mouth reveals a large eye with a bright orange iris. If she connects, her eye-mouths will nip and bite at Auntie's flesh, and she'll cling tightly to the woman.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside an Alleyway

If only there was some Led Zeppelin playing in the background. grumbles Jonas as he fires wildly at the boy and girl, not so much in the interest of aiming but more to scare them off with plasma-fire, and with Jonas's literal sword arm fends off the half-orc. It is obvious to all parties present that Jonas is fighting defensively, only going on the offensive given the certain chance of a counter-attack being suicidal on the monster's part.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Pixie in the Playground

Unrelated Alleyway

((Well, it's certainly unusual, if not unique. As to if it's good, I'm not the one to ask. I don't even use images, favouring text-based descriptions. The most important thing, as far as I see is: Does it help you?))

The child starts when addressed, and looks at Auntie. The girl's eyes are closed, and she stands up, walking slowly towards the older woman. She steps in the puddle, but the water isn't disturbed by her foot. When she's about a metre away, she jumps, eyes and mouth opening- which may be a shock; her eyelids reveal tiny fanged mouths which quickly extend out on tendrils, and her mouth reveals a large eye with a bright orange iris. If she connects, her eye-mouths will nip and bite at Auntie's flesh, and she'll cling tightly to the woman.
    [Unrelated Alleyway]

((I think having voice samples helps with imagining a character, just like pictures, and adds a little more substance to the words on screen. You know the voice of your characters, does their speech not seem less distant and more cinematic to you than the speech of other player's characters?))

The girl doesn't even need to step closer to Auntie, as the woman is only standing about a meter from her. Given that Auntie absolutely didn't expect that and gets a massive scare, the girl should manage to bite and cling to her. Since the older woman is also pretty weak, she falls over backwards and struggles quite a bit to draw the gun hidden in the huge hoodie pocket.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Orc in the Playground

[B]Inside an Alleyway[/B

They manage to dodge the worst of the plasma fire, though the boy hisses as a shot passes through his ankle and severs his foot, limping and squealing. He rolls around, but doesn't fall off the wall.

The girl ignores its colleague's plight and jumps, heading for Jonas' torso. The half-orc, simultaneously, will make a lunge for Jonas' ankles, hoping to trip the larger cyborg. They're hoping he can't fend off them both, and one at least gets through.

Unrelated Alleyway

((Personally, I start with very little with my characters, and let them build up. If anything, other's characters are a bit more real than mine, as I'm not inside their heads, y'know? But a lot of my scene's planning occurs when I'm at work, with no thinking to do.))

Whilst she's down, the 'child' will try to bite at vital areas, hoping to severely hamper or even kill Auntie so she can feed in peace-ish.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

In an Alleyway

In a split second decision, Jonas let's the girl attach to his torso while he swings his energy sword in a wide forward arc, aiming for the half-orc's head. Jonas only needed one specimen, strictly speaking.

30. - Top - End - #1050

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Weapon factory]

Tellysandra nods and then goes along with Zefir. "We should start up preparations for the next stage as soon as this is over."

[Kabal Office]

Kelligan puts his hands together and leans over his desk. "Clever... bird?" Was that a question? "I suppose I owe you a chance to prove yourself. You see, I am putting together a small group of new members to take down what appears to be a cult that has taken root in fair down, I assume you are up for such a task?"
    B][Weapon factory][/B]

"Yes." Zefir replies short, not to stretch the theme.

The office has been aranged by the henchman which means 2 chair a table and a form on it with a pen. most things are cleaned from the dust.

"Fill out the form,please. And there is no neat to forget about the things flying around you."

Spoiler: Form
    Show
    Name:
    Species:
    Profession:
    Reason for joining AMEN:
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN:
    References (Victims preferred):
    Past Experience:
    Other Information:

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post

Looking through a window, Jonas spies the child lurking in the alleyway, and the spirit of an idea leaps through his eyes.

Sorry Arkant, but one of the reasons I've come here has just shone itself. You are welcome to follow if you like, but I cannot promise you will like the road ahead. says Jonas as he makes his way out of the bar.

Lurking near an Alleyway

Jonas makes his way to the child, and when he comes to confront him, Jonas says: Hello there. My name is Jonas, and you are?
    Attila's Cantina - Tempast Row ->In an Alleyway

Arkant watches him leave and thinks for a moment, then the fire of the plasmagun can be heared and he waves for his bodyguard. Both remain silent for a moment and then the guard says. "As you wish." and takes his leave.

At the edge of the ally a tanned man appears wearing causal clothing and rifle on his side. He watches the scene and then decides to speak up.
    "You need some help?" he asks. his expression still bored and hard to read.