New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1493

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 4

[Inside Stormcloud Manor]

"Excellent, this might even be better than killing her if we play our cards right. Good work out there." Tellysandra says with a wide smile. "That blood could let me do some pretty potent things." She muses. "But we have other matters to attend to now. With MERC chased out of skyside, we need to start hitting them at their other strongholds. Alni, how familiar are you with Inside? We are considering some big operations down there."

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Inside Stormcloud Manor]

Alni puts on a thoughtful, slightly pouty face.
    "Well, I really only know the areas around the pokemon center..."
    "And didn't MERC get kicked out of Inside when they asked for more than the government agreed to pay, or something? Have they come back?"

This is important information!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1233

Tellysandra sits down in the bed again. "The government in Inside recently went through a few changes. Now a group called Intersection is enforcing the laws around there. They're affiliated with the Union, but not directly controlled by them as I understand it." She explains as she strokes her chin. "They've declared that MERC will be allowed in the city again, which is bad news for us."

"Excuse me, but may I suggest a course of action, mastawa?" Shazhan suddenly says, their voice as eternal as their body in the sense that it seems to echo endlessly through the room even seconds after they finished their sentence. "Before sending our forces away, I believe that we should solidate our power in Skyside first. This Shanti must be dealt with, as well as the little forces MERC have remaining in Skyside. They have recently opened up a tiny office to replace the old one." The ethereal gestures at a holographic image of a small MERC that just appeared.

Tellysandra sigh and rubs the bridge of her nose. "Not... Alni, would you mind leaving us alone for a moment? Shazhan and I have some business to discuss. I will give you a new mission as soon as we're done, alright?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-06 at 10:20 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1234

"Oh, okay!"
    Alni happily skips out of the bedroom and looks for a good place to stop and eat the lunch packed in her basket.

"That went pretty well, don't you think, Pazuzu?"
    "Nyaaa!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1235

The door closes behind her once Alni left the room. Seems like they seem to value their privacy.
    The gnoll guards outside regard the pair with some curiosity, but does not comment on their present. It appears like everyone, but the guards, are busy cleaning up the mansion. Apparently someone made it a high priority.

Eventually, the door open again and Tellysandra steps out, gesturing for her to get inside. "After reviewing some new information, we have a new mission for you."

6. - Top - End - #1236

That's okay. Alni just sits on the stairwell and eats her sandwich, then chatters with Pazuzu in pokemon-speak until the door opens.

"Oh, great!"
    She hops right up and comes back inside.

"We were wondering, does KABAL have uniforms, or like, little hats maybe?"
    Tellysandra doesn't seem to have anything like that, but maybe it's subtle, or she's too important for them.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-07-06 at 12:25 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1237

"We're... working on uniforms right now."
    Tellysandra admits. "Kelligan and I can't decide on what is fitting for a organization such as ours. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share them though. There is a suggestion box outside Kelligan's office right now." It was choke full though as Kelligan hadn't bothered checking it for months. In fact, he was rarely in skyside at all anymore due to recent events.

As Alni enters she can see that the blood vial she gave Tellysandra now is empty, where did the blood go?
    "Anyhow, I just learned that our 'high priestess' has recently requested aid from a member of VIGIL, which bad for us as we really don't want to fight them right now. However, I have a plan to deal with them. You and a number of others are going to ambush them at Shanti's hiding spot which I also just found out about. We don't know when they will arrive or how many they will be, but it will likely be in the near future. Your mission will be to acquire one of their possessions or some of their blood. Capturing them would be fantastic, but I realize that might be a tad unrealistic. So how does that sound? Would it be too difficult?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-07 at 04:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1238

Probably Telly drank it, or used it in her dark magic rituals, or gave it to the ethereal.

Alni frowns.
    "It depends who they send. Shanti is probably still hurt and we could take her down, but VIGIL has some really scary people. But I'm sure we can try! Probably it won't be too hard to get a cut or something of theirs and then get away. We could even pretend to lose; then once she thinks she's escaped you track her down with the blood again."
    What a wicked plan! She loves it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1239

"Indeed, I believe we might be able to influence VIGIL if we play our cards right. Can't hurt to have some insurance against such a powerful organization." Tellysandra remarks with a grin. "Now, I'm going to let you and miss..." She glances at Shazhan.

"Grry Fletcher." The ethereal adds. "You and she had the highest score at the test, and therefore you will lead this operation."

"Yes, you can she will pick out a few recruits that will automatically get to join KABAL and follow you on this next mission. Everyone else will be judged by us."

"Grry have already been informed about the particulars and is picking out her group as we speak."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-07 at 12:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1240

Grry. That must be that gnoll with the hat who took charge outside.

"I don't know if we should get mixed up with such powerful organizations. But I guess they'll have started it by interfering with Shanti. Should be interesting! Hey, Pazuzu...?"
    "Twoo, twu."
    "Yeah I thought so. This is a whole new chapter!"
    "Let's see, I'll want Nimix to come along...and...let me go take a look at the other recruits."

Alni heads downstairs. It will help to see who Grry is bringing along, for one. Complements and all.

Once down there, she picks out two of the gnolls - the one who accompanied her into the basement, he seemed biddable, a good minion sort of guy, and a female who appears to Alni's scan to have a bit of magic about her.
    "You guys, come with us! You're in, but we've got another mission right away, setting a trap for the head cultist."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-07-07 at 12:15 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1241

"Yes, we are going to try to stay out of VIGIL's way, but if they decide to attack us, then perhaps we can steer their course a bit. They really don't need more enemies now with that demonic war they're fighting." Tellysandra argues. "But see to it, and return to us once you've made your choice."

As Alni then heads out to gather up willing members, Nimix will soon be a part of that group.

"What, seriously? That soon?" Nimix complains. "Did I even get to become a member? They've been really quiet about it ever since they closed themselves into that bedroom. Are they having sex in there or something? People are eager to find out the results."

12. - Top - End - #1242

"Yeah, seriously. You got in, I got in, so did that one in the hat and like five others."

Alni goes about collecting her own gnolls.

"Ew, no! I don't think ethereals even can have sex. They just split in two like amoebas, right? They've been deciding who gets in. They told two of us to tell the others, and then everyone who's left after a little while won't be a member."

And then takes the four of them upstairs, explaining the basics (as she heard them from Tellysandra) along the way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1243

"Ha! Finally! Then count me in, little lady." Nimix exclaims, he finally got an income! "This is going to be sweet." He seems enthusiastic, just like the others surely are (except maybe the gnoll without a hat.)

At the master bedroom, Grry, who Alni accurately guessed is the gnoll in the slouch hat, is already waiting. By her side is a gnoll in a similar, but white, slouch hat and a sniper rifle resting on his shoulder. A big quilboar clad entirely in a black trench coat and also clad in a slouch hat. Finally, is the only person not clad in a hat or a coat, a grey-skinned figure in a robe that once seem to have been white. But compared to its owner, the robe is in pristine condition. This sickly person's skin is grey and seems to hanging off nothing but bones as evidenced by their hands and arms which appear to be nothing but bones. But while they are skeletal, they are not thin, the bones are at least as thick as a humans arm but with claw-like fingers suggesting this might be some kind of ghoul.
    They also seem to be missing a jaw, but strangely not hair, which stands out in every direction on top of the undead's hair. The look is completed with two yellow orb-like eyes, one which is clad in a monocle.

"Looks like everyone is here then, you are all official members of KABAL and will find a more than generous bonus in you first salary." Tellysandra remarks with a wide smile. "However, you are also being send on your first real mission right away, so be sure to prove that you've earned it." She looks over them. "Will you be able to move out right away?"

"Ya, no problem." Gyyr states with a nod.

[Approaching Skyside]

As VIGIL's skyship approaches skyside, Anika who had to resign herself to stay on the ship gestures towards the giant city. "Alright, this is it right? I think I'd be able to guide you towards her location from now. The vision was vague, but it did see some signs." Hopefully that would be enough. "Do we have any plan, or are we just going to go straight for her?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-08 at 12:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Titan in the Playground

[Approaching Skyside]

"I'd rather not fight through an army of mercenaries," Wenomir says. The tone of his voice makes it sound like he could and would if he had to, but it'd be inconvenient. "We need to figure out an entry route that'll minimize resistance, at least."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Approaching Skyside

Whatever method we go for, we're ready. Kitty and I, I mean. I have no idea to know if you guys are ready or not, but smart money is that Wenomir is probably ready! confers Xavouir. The dark blade's eye, which is Kitty if I didn't make that clear before, loooks down on Skyside with great interest.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Approaching Skyside

"Right, well, Shanti is hiding in the sewers of the city. So if we just got into those, we should probably be golden. I wouldn't want to be forced to fight inside them though. I hate confined spaces."
    Anika says. "I could scout the city for a sewer entrance, then we could just park the ship above it and descend into it, right?"

17. - Top - End - #1247

"Good to meet you, everybody! Looking forward to working together."

Alni explains the mission: Get samples of the rescuers' belongings or body for voodoo warlock stuff. It, after achieving that, there's an opportunity to capture a VIGIL member, take it.

"Tellysandra found where Shanti is hiding; in the sewers. We need to get over there and set up quick, because it won't take them long to get here. Pazuzu here is looking into what we'll be up against-" The little bird is totally zoned out, one eye closed, lost in visions of the future. "-and we'll fill you in in more detail on the way."

Out of the manor, to the ambush point!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1248

The group takes this information with ease, despite the fact that their first mission will be to face off against VIGIL.
    "Sounds good, but remember, we're not getting close to those death-machines." Grry agrees as she gestures for the others to move out.

"Excellent, though take these radios in case you need anything. I will keep an eye on you and VIGIL and contact you if there is anything." Tellysandra hands both Alni and Grry what appears to be advanced walkie-talkies.

"'kay, lets go."

---------------------

[Streets of Skyside]

Planning and presentation happens here. Now let's see how they will deal with VIGIL....

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

[Approaching Skyside]

"Maybe," Wenomir says. He sounds sceptical. "Go ahead and scout, but something tells me we'll have to leg it. Sewer entrances aren't usually in airship-available places."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Approaching Skyside

You'd be surprised of what people are capable of. This one time there was this Ratfolk necromancer Kitty and I tracked down on this floating island, not to much unlike the one the Skybase is on. Man, the tunnels in there where huge, and they made the whole thing themselves. It was epic. rambles Xavouir.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

21. - Top - End - #1251

[Approaching Skyside]

"Great!" Anika takes no heed of Wenomir's skeptical tone. If he had a better idea, he better say it out loud, and Xavouir was just coming with anecdotes.

Then the druid climbs up on the reeling of the ship and throws herself out into the air, turning into a huge hawk as she falls which spreads its wings and starts soaring towards the city.

-------------------------------------

The hawk returns some time afterwards and swoops down, landing on the reeling where it turns back into Anika, sitting on the same reeling. "I spotted a few entrances around the city. Are we going for the closest one? I can think of advantages and disadvantages of going through the sewers. There is also the question if we're taking the ship in or not."

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

[Approaching Skyside]

"I'd rather not announce our presence too loudly," Wenomir says. "They might be expecting us either way, but let's keep it down. Take us to the closest sewer entrance."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Approaching Skyside

Xavoir makes a motion of closing a zipper in the area where his lips are, and grins.

24. - Top - End - #1254

[Approaching Skyside]

"Alright, just follow me when we land then." Anika waits for them to actually take the ship in before she turns back into a hawk and starts to lead them towards closest sewer entrance.

I assume they leave some kind of NPC crew to take care of the ship while they are gone.

Either way, Anika flies slowly, keeping herself just above the crowds who are all looking at the group oddly. Unless, of course, Wenomir orders Anika to return to her humanoid form.

They will eventually see the sewer entrance Anika was talking about. It is a manhole in the middle of a square. They just have to lift it up and get down, at least in theory. Anika turns back into her humanoid form as they approach. "Keep an eye out, almost everyone in this city seem armed. Could be a bunch of those mercenaries among these crowds." She warns.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-10 at 04:53 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1255

Default [Approaching Skyside]

"Ohmigosh is that Wenomir?
    Someone pushes out of the crowd, a little elven girl wearing a fluffy dress, with a picnic basket (normal-sized, but to her, rather big) in her hand,
    "Could I get an autograph, sir? I'm like, your very biggest fan!"
    She holds up a pen and pad of paper towards the warrior.

On the other side of the square, and goblin and a gnoll peel off from the crowd and head towards the city's edge. A little bird told them where VIGIL's airship was moored, and they're headed that way to set up the third stage of the ambush.

Down in the sewers, last-minute preparations are being made - pipes fiddled with, stones shifted, secret passageways sealed and unsealed - to be sure the targets move along the right route.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

In the Streets of Skyside

Xavouir is as silent as the grave, though being the holy champion of the god of death this doesn't really surprise anyone.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

[In the Streets of Skyside]

What. Now, of all times, someone wants an autograph? Wenomir will quickly sign the piece of paper and move on.

"In the garbage pile that is the Nexus, this city is the a dead rat's corpse on top of it all," he remarks once they're close to the sewer. "But I doubt they'll attack us now. The crowd won't work to their advantage."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-07-10 at 01:51 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Anika raises her hand, signaling for the group to stop. "Hold up, Wenomir. I saw some people on the roofs while I was flying over, so we should be careful in case they're with KABAL." She claims while gesturing at one of the nearby rooftops while the group will spot two figures talking to one another.
    She then looks down, and spots the little elf girl and smiles, how adorable.
    But she couldn't be distracted now. "If you say so, I don't really care for waiting around anyway." She says without really looking at the warrior.

There is no one attacking them yet at the very least, people are just passing them by, occasionally glancing at the group. It appears like the little girl isn't the only one that recognizes Wenomir around here.

The manhole is there, just waiting to be opened.

[VIGIL Airship]

The VIGIL crew don't like being in a port like this. Too many questionable elements.
    Hopefully, the group would return soon so they could get home. The less time spend in a dump like this the better.

Some of the crew are wandering the deck restlessly while others are enjoying the sights, while the city was certainly a hive of villainy, it had some rather interesting visuals. Some even asked if they could get ashore a while to sight-see, maybe even buy some souvenirs, but the captain would have none of it. No one would leave the ship until commander Wenomir had returned.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-10 at 02:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1259

"Thank you~♥!"
    The elf girl closes her autograph booklet and stores the pen away in a pristine bag - Wenomir wrote with that pen! (Which was half the point. There'll be oils and skin cells left on the grip, and with any luck, that'll be sufficient for Tellysandra's voodoo magic) - before scampering back to her friends (?) in the crowd. One can observe her chattering excitedly about Wenomir to anyone who'll listen. They have to give VIGIL time to get into the sewers before coming in behind them.

The wind is picking up. Unnaturally breezy given the time of day and local distribution of buildings.

[VIGIL Airship]

A shot rings out, and a bullet just misses one of the crew to crash into the deck. A warning shot. Until just a moment ago, the shooter seemed to be just another hyena-man sitting outside a cafe, enjoying a cool drink on a warm day. Now he's got a gun and the other patrons are ducking for cover.

"Throw down your arms, do-gooders! This is a hijacking!"
    A sort of bridge materializes, extending from the ground up to the airship's deck, a 'cool hacker' goblin already making his way onto the ship.

They had this whole plan! But then it turned out the ship was tiny and there were like three people on it and it didn't look like they could outfight a paper bag. Maybe a side-effect of getting your information from someone 3-inches tall is that everything sounds like a big deal.

So instead KABAL just goes with a gnoll and a goblin running up some holographic stairs, jumping on-deck, and waving guns at people. The crew will get the picture.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-07-10 at 06:32 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir goes to open the manhole, keeping an eye on the rooftops. He's got a bad feeling about this...