New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I mean that's what they said but I'd be surprised if they did it at all. It had barely any readership, which isn't really a shock given that they took a tertiary character of middling popularity with only a handful of appearances from the main strip and then based the comic around her previously-unseen sister.
    I was kind of pissed that SBD broke any Amber/Gary relationship potential.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I was kind of pissed that SBD broke any Amber/Gary relationship potential.
    Yeah the nixed that and then basically jettisoned Amber as a character from either strip entirely, which was a really questionable decision.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #453

Yeah the nixed that and then basically jettisoned Amber as a character from either strip entirely, which was a really questionable decision.
    I LIKED Amber. She was nice, friendly, seemed to care aboit Gary yet understandable of his shortcoming. She hardly tried to only get things from him, and also seemed to be happy to potentially give back.

Stupid Dillon. If there is one reason i dislime that character, its for getting in the way of my Gary/Amber ships

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

And once again, Zii pays the price for practicing hedonism without being Hedonism-bot. Think she'll learn her lesson this time?
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Zii learning a lesson or paying a price? What comic do you think this is?

6. - Top - End - #456

Griffon

She's been trying to escape from Yuuki for months, and Sonya for weeks. If she remembers that - the critical plot point that drove her to move in with Gary in the first place - I don't actually see what the problem is.

She's rid of her two stalkers, she's getting into Didi's undies regularly... oh what? Her new band isn't as good as she wants it to be? That's not actually a considerable step down from when she was failing to practice with Yuuki and Sonya. Any complaints from Zii at this point will just be petulance.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wait, is Gary creating problems for his roommates via constant loud enthusiastic sex? Oh, how the tables have turned!

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

It's clearly bizarro universe... Except everyone shaved their evil goatee (what is the female version of that?)

Also... How old should I feel because I got the first panel today? Or how old is Didi?
    Now I wonder if that's still airing in Germany somewhere sometime.. Then again, maybe it's more popular in the US / Canada? I mean, it ran a long time here but that was a while ago.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #459

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It's clearly bizarro universe... Except everyone shaved their evil goatee (what is the female version of that?)
    Cleavage and confidence. If a well known female character suddenly makes herself look pretty, undoes a few buttons on her shirt and isn't undergoing an Awkward Teenage Makeover, it's because Evil. I make no comment on the correlation between "confident women" and "Evil" in American media. That weird, prudish American media.

Also... How old should I feel because I got the first panel today? Or how old is Didi?
    Married With Children ran until 1997, and then there were repeats. It's millennial-era television, and Katy Segal is still just as gorgeous today as she was back then

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Cleavage and confidence. If a well known female character suddenly makes herself look pretty, undoes a few buttons on her shirt and isn't undergoing an Awkward Teenage Makeover, it's because Evil. I make no comment on the correlation between "confident women" and "Evil" in American media. That weird, prudish American media.

Married With Children ran until 1997, and then there were repeats. It's millennial-era television, and Katy Segal is still just as gorgeous today as she was back then
    Hm... first point makes sense, thank you.

Oh gosh, it RAN until 1997. Oh gosh, I was 11 back then! Oh gosh.. I... I don't know what I just realized.
    I frankly don't know when I last saw a current image of her... *checks* Hm... Well, I'd say she has aged well. But you can tell her age... in most pictures (?)
    Anyway, Married with Children was fun. Amazing Sagal and O'Neill are still active and successful.
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bizarro doesn't have a goatee. You're smooshing two distinct tropes. (Weird alter egos vs. Evil alter egos.)

Entirely true, but wouldn't work in this comic...
    Spinnin' that Disc...

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Once again, my issues with being able to tell minor characters in SotR apart is only compounded with the introduction of a minor character's identical twin sister. I can only feel that this is actually the joke at this point.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2018-02-22 at 09:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Spinner View Post
    Bizarro doesn't have a goatee. You're smooshing two distinct tropes. (Weird alter egos vs. Evil alter egos.)
    Well, admittedly. But Close enough, no? Also, does that mean in the alternate reality Zii would be celibate and responsible, and DiDi insecure.... oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Once again, my issues with being able to tell minor characters in SotR apart is only compounded with the introduction of a minor character's identical twin sister. I can only feel that this is actually the joke at this point.
    Yeah... I mean, the bit with the "fake brother" Eloise is doing is bad enough (if I have the plot straight enough in my head) but that bit is... why? WHY? Should I keep a diagramm around?
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #464
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Well, admittedly. But Close enough, no? Also, does that mean in the alternate reality Zii would be celibate and responsible, and DiDi insecure.... oh my.

Yeah... I mean, the bit with the "fake brother" Eloise is doing is bad enough (if I have the plot straight enough in my head) but that bit is... why? WHY? Should I keep a diagramm around?
    What is going on there, anyways? I've forgotten entirely, it's hard enough remembering who is involved in what plotline.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    What is going on there, anyways? I've forgotten entirely, it's hard enough remembering who is involved in what plotline.
    I forgot the plot a long time ago, I just read it for the week-to-week gags, which are more up my alley than the ones in the main comic, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2018-03-04 at 01:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The plot line can be boiled down to 'Sandra gets drunk and does stupid ****, learns nothing and gets drunk again'.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

The plot line can be boiled down to 'Sandra gets drunk and does stupid ****, learns nothing and gets drunk again'.
    "to alcohol, the origin of and solution to most of humanity's problems!"

But more seriously, it feels the story is less and less about Sandra and more about the new characters..
    As far as I can remember Eloise decided to pretend to be her own brother to sneak into Alex' school to get him to tell her dirt on Sandra? Something like that?
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #468
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

More to detach Alex from Sandra, because she was becoming too much of a geek heroine thanks to his advice on geekery. Though it's just proved useful as a source of direct intel on Sandra.

But Nadine had set Eloise up with a male identity in the school, because she found it funny, and Eloise grabbed the idea and used it to get Alex involved in two relationships (one gay, one straight) simultaneously, to maximise the calls on his time.

Don't think about it too much.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

What I don't understand is why is Sandra having Aaina pretend to be her girlfriend?

20. - Top - End - #470

Griffon

I haven't read much of SotR in a long, long time; what you guys are describing sounds utterly mystifying.

I have been reading Mà3 though, and I can't help but feel a very unpleasant rape-y vibe from Roxie. Yes she's been up front about her open relationship status and her desire to sleep with Didi.... but only after a LONG amount of comics where she has been plotting to intentionally break her up from her girlfriend, taking advantage of situations where Didi is distressed to learn more about her, and is using phrases like "I'm getting into her head...."

That's not a phrase used by someone with honourable intentions. That's the language of a sleazy pick-up artist, and she is coming across as something extremely unpleasant.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't read much of SotR in a long, long time; what you guys are describing sounds utterly mystifying.

I have been reading Mà3 though, and I can't help but feel a very unpleasant rape-y vibe from Roxie. Yes she's been up front about her open relationship status and her desire to sleep with Didi.... but only after a LONG amount of comics where she has been plotting to intentionally break her up from her girlfriend, taking advantage of situations where Didi is distressed to learn more about her, and is using phrases like "I'm getting into her head...."

That's not a phrase used by someone with honourable intentions. That's the language of a sleazy pick-up artist, and she is coming across as something extremely unpleasant.
    it's douchebag material sure but it's not rape-y...

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Either way, the person trying to get it on with Didi is Aniconda, aka Lynn.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Not rape-y but definitely sexual-harrass-y.

She's actively trying to sleep with somebody she is scouting to potentially offer a job to. And not for a relationship, just for sex.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoilers for Menage a 3, Warhammer 40k edition: Slaaneshi cultist can't please the sex fueled Genestealer.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Barbarian in the Playground

Are those last two strips genuine and reasonably tender friendship moments between two characters? In Ma3? What kind of witchcraft is this?!
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    Are those last two strips genuine and reasonably tender friendship moments between two characters? In Ma3? What kind of witchcraft is this?!
    Aw, come on, it's not always that bad. But yes, this was rather sweet. Also, today is.. Well, let's say Gary's life continues to be weird but interesting even outside his home.

Meanwhile.. I'm not sure what drugs they are on when writing Dangerously Chloe....
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure what drugs they are on when writing Dangerously Chloe....
    I'm thinking Meth, or it's WH40k equivalent Warpstone Dust.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

New ma3 page: funny yucky. In this world there are no (coarse) curse words. If you say it everyone will take it literally!

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

I have no idea why but somehow this joke feels like "a step too far" to me. I know it's the kind of joke you come across often enough said out loud but portrayed like this.. Maybe I'm just prudish. But hey, if it makes Yuki and Matt happy
    "What's done is done."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Barbarian in the Playground

Speaking of Yuki, this forum really could use a facepalm smile right now...
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.