New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Wildflowers ended.

I don't think I ever really groked it (I tried to understand, but Annie's not me).

In the final comment the author says:

A good person can make bad arguments. A bad person can make good arguments.
    This is true, but is open to interpretation further than I'd want to leave it open.

The devil can tell the truth (I presume, otherwise he's totally handicapped), what matters is whether a statement is true, not who said it. If an argument is logical and leads somewhere wrong, it's the assumptions that should be questioned.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Wildflowers ended.

I heard about this comic awhile ago from Smackjeeves' automatic suggestions. However, I heard some...less than savory things about Wildflowers and its author from the comments section of Rain, another comic I follow. That kind of turned me of of Wildflowers before I ever tried reading it.

Now that it's over, I might give it a try anyway, since things pseudonymous commenters on the internet say isn't always true.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I don't think I've ever heard of Wildflowers. What sort of comic was it and what sort of unsavoury things? (Just wondering before I put any effort into finding out about it)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by RowenMorland View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard of Wildflowers. What sort of comic was it and what sort of unsavoury things? (Just wondering before I put any effort into finding out about it)
    It's a comic about an underage pre-surgery trans woman written and drawn by an adult post surgery trans woman.

There are tran-phobia, assaults and suicides, it's dark in parts. The drawing is not brilliant, but it's not about the drawing.

I don't understand trans women well enough to say whether it's good about them.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.