New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post

Ok. Ma3's strip today is.. strangely cute.
    I'm... Very torn an it. Yes, it does have a strange charm but it is also kind of insulting.. But yes, I feel like going with cute overall.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

One of the things I quite like about these last few strips is that they're offering a pointed critique of WWE's historical hiring practices with regards to women while simultaneously maybe allowing DiDi to develop as a character and actually be aware of her physical gifts.

To an earlier question - a lot of the training is focused on how to perform the various moves and do them safely so you don't injure yourself or your opponent. Accidents happen sometimes and can't really be avoided (Seth Rollins wound up retiring Sting, for instance, because nobody realized Sting's back was going to explode into dust at the wrong bump), and wrestlers are also notoriously of the type to work through the pain (Tamina Snuka tore her rotator cuff shortly before WWE's first women's Royal Rumble match earlier this year and toughed it out so she could be a part of it; HHH back in 2001 tore his quadricep clear off the bone and still finished the match in what can only be considered a really dumb decision).

And yeah, there's a bit of crossover with MMA people coming into pro wrestling (Ronda Rousey, Matt Riddle, Shayna Baszler as notable recent-ish examples). It's no real surprise - MMA was born out of pro wrestling and in the past several years as it's boomed has realized it needs to lean into its pro wrestling roots in terms of the promotional side of things.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2018-08-26 at 11:35 AM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

I am not sure where this plot line is going right now... But it sure is convenient for them to have these names.
    I guess we might get some character development for Didi, but we'll see.

Also, DC sometimes has a weird tone problem..
    "What's done is done."

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I am not sure where this plot line is going right now... But it sure is convenient for them to have these names.
    I guess we might get some character development for Didi, but we'll see.

Also, DC sometimes has a weird tone problem..
    You really can't see? They're almost literally beating you over the head with it. Giant titted women in prominent positions in the organization make DiDi suddenly realizes that she's only popular because she has giant tits. The names are the proverbial club beating her over the head with it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    You really can't see? They're almost literally beating you over the head with it. Giant titted women in prominent positions in the organization make DiDi suddenly realizes that she's only popular because she has giant tits. The names are the proverbial club beating her over the head with it.
    Or, 'the fact that you have big boobs does not mean you can not also be a savvy businesswoman who knows how to capitalize her... Assets'.
    Or 'you're not the only one who got into this because of your boobs but that doesn't mean you can't be a good wrestler anyway'.
    Or 'we know how you feel being treated like a sex doll, and now you'll learn how to really make it work for you'
    "What's done is done."

6. - Top - End - #546
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm expecting Didi to become insecure about being the smallest in the room.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    I'm expecting Didi to become insecure about being the smallest in the room.
    It may be the drawing style combined with perspective, but GiGi doesn't look that big in the chest area to me.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    It may be the drawing style combined with perspective, but GiGi doesn't look that big in the chest area to me.
    Really not? I mean, not necessarily the two (three?) additional sizes she would be compared to Didi but certainly busty, especially given her very slim waist.
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Really not? I mean, not necessarily the two (three?) additional sizes she would be compared to Didi but certainly busty, especially given her very slim waist.
    Not compared to Didi and Fifi is exactly what I mean, I'm not saying she's small breasted by any means.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

Or, 'the fact that you have big boobs does not mean you can not also be a savvy businesswoman who knows how to capitalize her... Assets'.
    Or 'you're not the only one who got into this because of your boobs but that doesn't mean you can't be a good wrestler anyway'.
    Or 'we know how you feel being treated like a sex doll, and now you'll learn how to really make it work for you'
    It's definitely a dig at WWE's historical hiring practices being focused on massive breasts above all else. Anything else is absolutely secondary.
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Is SoTR just some sort of massive hallucination sequence right now? Sandra dreaming of what her life could have been if she hadn't screwed up the modeling job?

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Is SoTR just some sort of massive hallucination sequence right now? Sandra dreaming of what her life could have been if she hadn't screwed up the modeling job?
    Nah, she got dumped back in Montreal and now she is working hard to get back to Paris. And apparently she is doing pretty well.

Also, I'm a little amazed at Didi's passion for something she has been doing for like two months now. I mean, it's not unrealistic, just curious.
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #553
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Nah, she got dumped back in Montreal and now she is working hard to get back to Paris. And apparently she is doing pretty well.
    And the presence of Montreal-based characters who she's never met speaks strongly against it being a dream.

Also, I'm a little amazed at Didi's passion for something she has been doing for like two months now. I mean, it's not unrealistic, just curious.
    DiDi commits to stuff. All or nothing, no sense of proportion.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

She also has no ability to apply new knowledge to other situations without someone else drawing the connection for her.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    This is 'OMG SHOW IS ENDING MUST REACH CONCLUSION' syndrome.

Abrupt unsatisfying resolution of all hanging plot threads before the end. SOTR doesn't seem to be particularly popular so they appear to be just finishing it and ending it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Minor note about SOTR: As someone who knows how those letters are supposed to be pronounced in Swedish, Ingrid sounds absolutely hilarious. Apparently Sandra is really into the Swedish Chef?
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Minor note about SOTR: As someone who knows how those letters are supposed to be pronounced in Swedish, Ingrid sounds absolutely hilarious. Apparently Sandra is really into the Swedish Chef?
    Hey, everyone has their fetish but Ingrid is definitely still very cute, with or without accent.

Also Didi apparently breaks Montréal's economy.. Or at least her customers wallets.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, everyone has their fetish but Ingrid is definitely still very cute, with or without accent.

Also Didi apparently breaks Montréal's economy.. Or at least her customers wallets.
    I mean, I don't recall actually seeing where she works? She's dumb enough that she might be working for a Hooter's equivalent without even realizing it. In which case yeah, she probably easily makes that much.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

19. - Top - End - #559

I mean, I don't recall actually seeing where she works? She's dumb enough that she might be working for a Hooter's equivalent without even realizing it. In which case yeah, she probably easily makes that much.
    I havent seen a Hooters outside of the southern suburb of Montreal (Brossard). That cant be it. Theres strip bars, but that cant be it either.

It has to be one of the hotspot in Montreal or a high class joint in Old Montreal.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

We've seen her and Sandra's (former) work place a few times, but it didn't look much like a Hooters to me.
    Also, how much do you tip in a Hooters? Didi's claim suggests something like 500 $ a day.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

We've seen her and Sandra's (former) work place a few times, but it didn't look much like a Hooters to me.
    Also, how much do you tip in a Hooters? Didi's claim suggests something like 500 $ a day.
    Less than that by a decent amount. You've got your actual wages before tips. I don't know exactly where she lives but Google says Canadian minimum wage is $11.15 so lets assume her giant tits meant she negotiated a bit above minimum wage for $13 an hour.

Let's also assume that she works 5 days a week for 260 days, and I don't know Canadian holidays but let's assume that she gets 10 days off for holidays/vacations a year. Most waiters I know work 10 hour shifts (again I dunno what it is in Canada but let's just go with that for now). $13, 10 hours, 250 days is $37,500 base salary.

So she needs to make about $82,500 in tips over 250 days, which is $350 a day in tips. Depends on where she is working but that's really not that high for a bar/grill scene. I have bartender friends that make quite a bit more than that in tips on average.

And if she works more than 10 hours a day or more than 5 days a week then that number also goes down quite a bit.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

This is 'OMG SHOW IS ENDING MUST REACH CONCLUSION' syndrome.

Abrupt unsatisfying resolution of all hanging plot threads before the end. SOTR doesn't seem to be particularly popular so they appear to be just finishing it and ending it.
    I believe they were originally planning on ending it alongside ma3, but the artist pulled a Burlew and injured the crap out of his hand, which put them pretty far behind schedule.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2018-09-20 at 08:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    I believe they were originally planning on ending it alongside ma3, but the artist pulled a Burlew and injured the crap out of his hand, which put them pretty far behind schedule.
    It's not a TV show with a limited number of episodes. They don't HAVE to end it here. This is a cop-out because they don't want to actually finish the story, they're just hurriedly hacking off the plot threads to meet an arbitrary deadline, and it shows.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not a TV show with a limited number of episodes. They don't HAVE to end it here. This is a cop-out because they don't want to actually finish the story, they're just hurriedly hacking off the plot threads to meet an arbitrary deadline, and it shows.
    Yeah, you're not wrong on that front, but I guess they felt that they wanted all the characters back from the spinoffs in time for the finale (which is approaching imminently). Yeah, they could've just kept going and just said that any Sandra appearances in the main comic take place after the spin off, as evidenced by the year long timeskip they just had, but maybe they just want a clean break so that there aren't any hangers on while they move on to different things. /shrug

25. - Top - End - #565

She broke a what? A bra..?

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Specifically, I think she means the bra strap snapped.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Oh no, we're back with them... That means nothing good..

As for Sandra... It seems really weird to rush through this just to get her back for the finale. I can't see her being that important unless the ultimate climax is one huge orgy... If you want to finish her story, do it in your own time, if not, just drop it. I guess some people would be disappointed but if the alternative is this rushed thing...

Meanwhile, DC goes down to the deepest parts of weird fetish land.....
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #568
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is this that spy/secret agent character we saw on a brief flashback about someone's date?
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    Is this that spy/secret agent character we saw on a brief flashback about someone's date?
    Yes, that's the spy that shot the dude on the date with Peggy.

Because what we really needed at this point was ANOTHER character.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yes, Bianca. Probably the only character in the setting who can provide Sonya with enough drama to scratch her itch (and has to go outside the comic's usual frame of reference to do it).
    Spinnin' that Disc...