New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Prince Abooboo (Wander Inn Mission)

With the repeated assault from all sides, the Whitespawn's fury extinguishes and it drops to one knee. The Blackspawn remains on guard, taking a step closer to Tsuki, but doesn't rush in to attack yet. The Bluespawn is unharmed by Þ's strike but has its vitality sapped by negative energy. It tries to gore Þ, but targets the illusion in Þ's place instead.

The greatest concern is the Redspawn, in furious Aspect of Tiamat form, thrashing in the room. Three of her five heads have forced their way through the door, snapping at Eiko but falling just a little short. The bulk of her body looks like it's about to take the wall down.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

"'Lead it this way,' uh huh, sure, that'll go well. First masks, now monsters. Some party this has turned out to be. Okay, on it!" Þ mutters to herself, then shouts to Eiko. With a slight shrug, Þ ducks away from her illusory double and attempts to flee the bluespawn. Stopping short near Eikabooboo, Þ takes brief notice of a woman who, based on her appearance, she can only assume is a goddess of some sort before starting at the sight of the Aspect of Tiamat tearing through the wall. ""Um, no. Down dragon. Bad dragon.
    What in the world have you two gotten yourselves into?!
    " Þ shouts as she launches a shard of wood at the Aspect of Tiamat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Þ will move to O9, giving an AoO as she moves through soooo many threatened squares, followed by a Splinter Bolt - (1d20+5)[18],Piercing - (4d6+2)[20].

Alas, we're too poorly positions for a good ol' entangle

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Statistic Block
    Show
    Deba Tsuki - The Knife Dancer
    Init 5, HP 16/48, DR 10/magic, SR 25, Speed 30ft. Fly 60ft. (good)
    AC 25, Touch 19, Flat-footed 22 (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +6 Misc)
    Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9, Base Attack Bonus +4
    2x +1 Daggers +6/+8 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 22

Spoiler: Prepared Spells
    Show
    Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x2 x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter

Spoiler: Ongoing Spells
    Show
    Persistent Blade (2)
    Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[13] - force - (1d4)[3]

Tsuki flushes bright red at Þ's question.

"Nothing... It wasn't my fault! They just showed up, burst into my room, and attacked without cause!"

Tsuki attempts to defensively cast steeldance on the two +1 daggers she holds. Concentration - (1d20+11)[13]
    If successful, the two daggers strike at the blackspawn adjacent to her, then she 5-ft. steps to F9 and draws a mundane dagger.
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[24] - (1d4+15)[17]
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[27] - (1d4+15)[19]

Instead she merely 5-ft. steps to F9 and prepares for the worst.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2015-11-23 at 01:54 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Double post due to internet connection time out. Just ignore.
    Show
    Spoiler: Statistic Block
    Show
    Deba Tsuki - The Knife Dancer
    Init 5, HP 16/48, DR 10/magic, SR 25, Speed 30ft. Fly 60ft. (good)
    AC 25, Touch 19, Flat-footed 22 (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +6 Misc)
    Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9, Base Attack Bonus +4
    2x +1 Daggers +6/+8 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 22

Spoiler: Prepared Spells
    Show
    Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x2 x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter

Spoiler: Ongoing Spells
    Show
    Persistent Blade (2)
    Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[17] - force - (1d4)[4]

Tsuki flushes bright red at Þ's question.

"Nothing... It wasn't my fault! They just showed up, burst into my room, and attacked without cause!"

Tsuki attempts to defensively cast steeldance on the two +1 daggers she holds. Concentration - (1d20+11)[17]
    If successful, the two daggers strike at the blackspawn adjacent to her, then she 5-ft. steps to F9 and draws a mundane dagger
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[19] - (1d4+15)[17]
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[13] - (1d4+15)[19]
    Last edited by Rizban; 2015-11-23 at 01:52 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Readied Spells
    Show
    Standard
    • Ray of stupidity (Ench)
    • Cloud of Knives (Conj)
    • Major Image (Illus)
    • Baleful Transposition (Conj)
    • Power Word Pain (Ench)
    • Charm Person (Ench)
    Bonus Spells
    • 1 - Power Word Pain (Ench)
    • 1 - Benign Transposition (Conj)
    • 2 - Baleful Transposition (Conj)
    • 2 - Ray of stupidity (Ench)
    • 3 - Major Image (Illus)
    Ongoing Power Word Pain spell vs the greenspawn. (1d6)[2] (6 rounds remain)
    Ongoing Power Word Pain spell vs the whitespawn. (1d6)[2] (4 rounds remain)

Noticing the lack of speech and general stupid behavior of the bluespawn, Eiko runs to Q9 and targets the bluespawn with a Ray of Stupidity - (1d20+11)[17] - (1d4+1)[3] Intelligence damage.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2015-11-25 at 01:00 AM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

6. - Top - End - #126

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I didn't realize everyone had posted.

The Bluespawn starts to sway, and then collapses. It seems like its mind is completely gone right now.

Another creature whose mind is gone is the Redspawn. The bulk of its body presses against the wall, and brings the stone crumbling down, directly onto the Blackspawn who is crushed beneath the rubble. It tries to struggle free, but it's pinned. The Redspawn has lost control of itself, whirling heads now snapping at one another and biting into its own neck. The Whitespawn sighs, feeling its mind pierced by the echoes of the word.
    "We've lost."
    The Redspawn finally uses its trump card, the breath weapon of the Aspect of Tiamat, but with its necks clamped by its own heads the breath can't vent. The Wanderers watch in horror as each head is consumed from within by a different element from the beast's gullet - the flesh of the red head cracking in the cold, the blue and the white blistering and boiling before rotting off in acid, the black stiffening bolt straight as lethal lightning courses through it, and the green swelling and then exploding violently as its toxic gas is set alight. It's this last burst which incinerates the whole beast's body, frying the Blackspawn trapped underneath. The remaining flesh of the Aspect crumbles away, revealing little more than the mangled corpse of the Redspawn within.

7. - Top - End - #127

Without her soul, Þ struggles not to simply kill the Whitespawn outright.
    Instead she looks at the corpses littering the hall and says lightly to him, "We are willing to accept your unconditional surrender.

How badly are you injured? I can heal you if you are hurt.
    " she adds to her companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming the negative energy from the Lich's touch attack is sufficient for self healing, Þ will begin mending her own wounds, and will then cast Lesser Vigor on whichever allies speak up about injuries.
    Also, I intentionally chose not to roll Intimidate.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately, power word pain can not be dismissed.
    The greenspawn takes (6d6)[5][4][5][4][3][3](24) damage over the next 6 rounds.
    The whitespawn takes (4d6)[1][4][2][6](13) damage over the next 4 rounds.

Eiko silently moves back to Tsuki's side.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129

MindFlayer

"Accept my surrender? How gracious of you, when I did not offer it. We lost. In this, you spare me only from a worse fate. At least I do not fear death, as I know what lies behind it. My superiors, on the other hand..." the Whitespawn whispers. Its eyes look empty, and strained against the migraine within its skull.
    "I'm sure you have questions. Unfortunately, I think our time is...up."
    It gives only a small shudder, and then its muscles relax fully, collapsing into a heap atop the caltrops. The bestial Bluespawn gives shallow, irregular breaths in its coma, but apart from that, all is still.

"Well!" Ali remarks, cutting the silence after the pause. THAT could have gone poorly! Ahahahaha! But well, all's well that ends well, am I right? I am right, of course! Ahahahaha! It looks like I chose the right people for the job! Well not the job, a job. Or well, that's not to say there's a job, which there isn't, as you were invited here simply as guests and for no other reason, ahahaha! And as guests, you shouldn't be forced to deal with troubles like these, oh no no no! I'll get the staff the clean the hallways, clear the bodies, and rustle up some diamonds for whoever these wicked folks killed along the way. They'll be on their feet before the tiramisu comes out! Yes, that should do. Was there anything else you needed before we put this whole thing behind us?"

10. - Top - End - #130

Alarmed that they appear to be losing their only intelligent source of information, and more concerned about its fate than the prattle of their thus far highly unhelpful and uninformative host, Þ rushes forward and casts Lesser Vigor and CMiW (repeatedly) on the whitespawn in attempt to keep it alive.

11. - Top - End - #131

Realizing her efforts are in vain, Þ stops trying to save the whitespawn. She hesitates for a moment, then begins searching the bodies of the assailants, looking for anything that might give a clue as to their motives or allegiance. She also pointedly has chosen to not yet respond to Ali.

Spoiler
    Show
    Þ will take 20 looking for tattoos, (un)holy symbols, possibly even actual notes or letters, etc. She is however definitively not looting the bodies. This isn't exactly the time or place.
    Last edited by nolongerchaos; 2015-12-12 at 06:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Eiko walks back towards Tsuki.

"Oh, I thought we were supposed to do the job. It's too bad there isn't one for us to do. Right, Tsuki?"

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

MindFlayer

With the threat of these insane dragonspawn neutralized, the party returns to the ballroom and engages in festivities. The corpses of the four deceased dragonspawn are rounded up, while the Bluespawn is summarily executed and mounted as a trophy. The rest of the weekend is filled with glorious entertainment, be it storytelling competitions using Major Images to add to the scene, or wine and mead tastings which featured drinks from the homelands of all different races. The atmosphere is cordial, classy but casual, and everyone agreed that Ali was an absolutely wonderful host. At the end of the weekend each guest receives a gift bag which contains the snacks they most preferred from the party, a classy Spellsink Scarab, and a Personal Oasis. As a show of gratitude for dealing with that weird dragon terrorist thing, Ali informs the Wanderers that their Personal Oases also function as a Flying Carpet when the Oasis isn't actually active. Smiling, with just a hint of trepidation behind the grin, he waves goodbye to his many guests as they begin their trek back to wherever they've come from.

Mission Complete?