New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Tribe 8

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Tribe 8

Has anyone here heard of or played Tribe 8 by dreampod, it looks interesting but not sure what it will play out like, anyone with previous experience ST it would be thankful for your insight also if you know the campaign books it would be nice for a general outline of what to expect from them .

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tribe 8

I've only played it briefly, but one bit of advice: Don't let PCs have stats higher +2 or 3 or lower than -2, at least at the start. Beyond that range, it gets REALLY unbalancing - with a lower score they will never be able to use any skill connected with it, and a high one only fails anything ever on a botch.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).