Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Jacob's Crossing Ch.1

Quote Originally Posted by AngelAndrius View Post
    Devron's Bluff for Nash's question
    1d20+5=16

Nash's Sense Motive
    1d20+3=18

Nash notices that Devron wants to do something else... perhaps something to do with the ruins.

Aiden

You see your friends standing together and greet them. As you do you notice the two merchant gaurds give you three a glance then begin to make their way past your group, meandering down the street.

Everyone

Suddenly a small, shrill voice buts in from behind you. "Ooohhhh no! Iiiiiii'm telling! You know no one's allowed in the ruins. Everyone knows it's cursed, you're gonna get in so much trouble." Little Mae, the youngest daughter of the Jindle family, the bakers from across the street, is eyeing all three of you with her little fists on her hips and her lower lip about a mile out. Being seven, she's just beginning to understand the power of a little girl's tears and uses it to her advantage at every opportunity.

dice roller here, use this one from now on and copy the [url]etc,etc for every roll you want to make. If there is a situation like above where I think a roll is necessary, I'll do it no problem

dice roller.

Use the name "test" so we don't server spam those guys
    Okay.

Nash turns to Devron and whispers annoyed, Well we could take her with us i suppose, there shouldn't be any problem if she is quite. What do you think?
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    I really haven't. The players quickly move to the tavern after the campaign starts but they never start there. Even the three which have taken place in a city.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Devron gives Nash a look and whispers Are you serious? Don't worry I'll get rid of herDevron then spins around and quickly marches over to Little Mae. He stands over her and says menacingly What did I tell you would happen if you told on me again? He takes a moment to give her a glare then continues Besides, what would your momma say if she knew you were eavesdropping on us? She would probably switch you for being a gossiper and a snitch! His dramatic speech given, Devron continues to stare hard at Little Mae hoping his strategy for keeping her silent works.
    Last edited by Nooblar; 2007-05-27 at 12:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblar View Post
    Devron gives Nash a look and whispers Are you serious? Don't worry I'll get rid of herDevron then spins around and quickly marches over to Little Mae. He stands over her and says menacingly What did I tell you would happen if you told on me again? He takes a moment to give her a glare then continues Besides, what would your momma say if she knew you were eavesdropping on us? She would probably switch you for being a gossiper and a snitch! His dramatic speech given, Devron continues to stare hard at Little Mae hoping his strategy for keeping her silent works.
    Nash hopes for the same.
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    I really haven't. The players quickly move to the tavern after the campaign starts but they never start there. Even the three which have taken place in a city.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devron's Intimidate Check (opposed by Mae's lvls/hit dice + wis mod)

1d20+5=24

Mae's Roll

1d20+2=22

err wow, ummm she crited.

that's a 32

Devron

"Don't you take that twone of voice wiff me young man! Your daddy would give ya such a whipping if he found out! And everyone would be mad at you." Little Mae seems to be shaping up to be a formidable woman, putting the menfolk in their place. She's very unimpressed with your threats, but you can still see a spark of fear or worry in her eyes, and she's twiddling her little apron strings nervously.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

No. 24627 from "Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 25".

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

1d20+5=24

Mae's Roll

1d20+2=22

that's a 32

Devron

"Don't you take that twone of voice wiff me young man! Your daddy would give ya such a whipping if he found out! And everyone would be mad at you." Little Mae seems to be shaping up to be a formidable woman, putting the menfolk in their place. She's very unimpressed with your threats, but you can still see a spark of fear or worry in her eyes, and she's twiddling her little apron strings nervously.
    Nash smacks himself on the forehead.

Stupid critical success.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Aidan approaches little Mae, eyeing her with a smile. Do you reallywant to tell on us? If you promise not to tell maybe Nash will let you play with Sunny! Aidan says, winking at Nash. Come on, you know I know you've been dying to play with him. What do you say? For me?
    Official House Bard of House Kato

Valierion Kels

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

1d20+5=24

Mae's Roll

1d20+2=22

[/B]
    weak man, weak. btw i am a little drunked so i will refrain from saying anything else

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aidan's Diplomacy Check

1d20+6=14

Mae's Roll (opposed by Diplomacy or Cha check, Cha in this case with a +4 circumstance bonus in this case after just resisting an intimidate)

1d20+4=20

Wow, I'm sorry guys, she's turing out to be a tough nut to crack. You characters would know by this point that any further attempts to intimidate or cajole her would be futile.

Mae seems to get less angry, but the resolution in her eyes does not fade. "But the ruins are dangerous, you might get hurt or dis'pear furever. The ruins are off limits!" she declares, soundeing eerily just like her mother. She begins to turn from you and march towards her house...

Sense Motive checks by the party in order of Devron, Nash and Aidan.

1d20+6=17
    1d20+3=22
    1d20+1=21 31

OK nice crit Aidan.

Both Aidan and Nash know despite her concern for your safety. She’s really just jealous and wants to come with you. Devron knows there’s al ulterior motive to all her hot air, but what he cannot say.

Aidan

The merchant guards have turned a corner, disappearing from sight, probably heading to the Bubbling Brook.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Aidan's Diplomacy Check

1d20+6=14

Mae's Roll (opposed by Diplomacy or Cha check, Cha in this case with a +4 circumstance bonus in this case after just resisting an intimidate)

1d20+4=20

Wow, I'm sorry guys, she's turing out to be a tough nut to crack. You characters would know by this point that any further attempts to intimidate or cajole her would be futile.

Mae seems to get less angry, but the resolution in her eyes does not fade. "But the ruins are dangerous, you might get hurt or dis'pear furever. The ruins are off limits!" she declares, soundeing eerily just like her mother. She begins to turn from you and march towards her house...

Sense Motive checks by the party in order of Devron, Nash and Aidan.

1d20+6=17
    1d20+3=22
    1d20+1=21 31

OK nice crit Aidan.

Both Aidan and Nash know despite her concern for your safety. She’s really just jealous and wants to come with you. Devron knows there’s al ulterior motive to all her hot air, but what he cannot say.

Aidan

The merchant guards have turned a corner, disappearing from sight, probably heading to the Bubbling Brook.
    You know they don't get a check against diplomacy. She actually cannot resist.

Nash turns to Aidan I think she just wanted to come with us. Now you guys are going to get in trouble. Anyway lets get going. Nash throws his fist in the air as he says the last part and begins to head off.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

they sure as hell do

sorry

see
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

they sure as hell do

sorry

see
    Huh. I've read that entry in the PHB hundreds of times and I always missed that.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Devron looks at Nash like hes insane. She is a 7 year old girl... taking her along with us is only going to slow us down. Come on lets just get out of here before she tells on us. With that Devron turns to quickly head out into the woods.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Devron looks at Nash like hes insane. She is a 7 year old girl... taking her along with us is only going to slow us down. Come on lets just get out of here before she tells on us. With that Devron turns to quickly head out into the woods.
    Come on Aidan. Nash turns and follows Devron into the woods.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you begin to head out to the edge of town, Mae is pitter-pattering into her family's store and you all can't help but pick up the pace. You are crossing into main street when suddenly you hear a voice call out.

"Oi! Lads wait up!" You see Larkin Waerii, the blacksmith's son jogging towards you. "Hey fellas what are you about? Ready for the games comin' up?" he says, clearly eyeing Devron's bow. Devron pretty much thumped him last year and it's obvious that he's aching for a rematch.

You can't tell Larkin where you're going, oh by the sake of the Goddess you can't. His little brother went missing about 4 years back. Naught was found of little Jezzae save for a bit of cloak, where else? Near the ruins. Not only would you risk really hurting the feelings of one of your friends, but you'd probabaly earn a bloody nose out of the deal. Larkin is no small fry.

He pauses, looking at your gear and your expressions. A little puzzled by your reactions he says "What? You off to the forest or the river you three?" He hesitates, waiting for an answer.

and we wait for darkfalle to post so he can catch up a little.

oh and nooblar, you still have spent 4 too many skill points.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2007-05-29 at 05:27 AM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

I attack perrin ayabara

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

lol just because a town has a blacksmith and they chose to have children does not make every blacksmith's son perrin ayabara

oh and

*wolf bites nooblar
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2007-05-29 at 05:53 AM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I attack perrin ayabara
    Who is that?
    Also you can answer the blacksmith's son since you are the party liar.
    Last edited by Zanatos777; 2007-05-29 at 12:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

lol just because a town has a blacksmith and they chose to have children does not make every blacksmith's son perrin ayabara
    Lies. PERRIN IS EVERYWHERE.

Also Zanatos, at least im not a momma's boy! OH SNAP

edit: grandmama's boy
    Last edited by Nooblar; 2007-05-29 at 06:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

I will post a real reply later. Party liar? What does that mean?

Valierion Kels

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Bard=higher bluff/diplomacy than the rest of us. Nooblar would work too since he is a rogue. I am a druid which means I like nature not tricking people into no blooding our noses.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

stereotypes for the loss

and i really can't be called the "party liar" Devron is lying to achieve an end which can be said for every human being on the face of the planet. So yeah its kind of normal.

and you better hurry up and post a real reply before this just becomes a spam board with nothing really interesting to read.
    Last edited by Nooblar; 2007-05-29 at 11:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

As you begin to head out to the edge of town, Mae is pitter-pattering into her family's store and you all can't help but pick up the pace. You are crossing into main street when suddenly you hear a voice call out.

"Oi! Lads wait up!" You see Larkin Waerii, the blacksmith's son jogging towards you. "Hey fellas what are you about? Ready for the games comin' up?" he says, clearly eyeing Devron's bow. Devron pretty much thumped him last year and it's obvious that he's aching for a rematch.

You can't tell Larkin where you're going, oh by the sake of the Goddess you can't. His little brother went missing about 4 years back. Naught was found of little Jezzae save for a bit of cloak, where else? Near the ruins. Not only would you risk really hurting the feelings of one of your friends, but you'd probabaly earn a bloody nose out of the deal. Larkin is no small fry.

He pauses, looking at your gear and your expressions. A little puzzled by your reactions he says "What? You off to the forest or the river you three?" He hesitates, waiting for an answer.

and we wait for darkfalle to post so he can catch up a little.

oh and nooblar, you still have spent 4 too many skill points.
    Nash looks at Larkin, unsure of how to respond.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

OK, new house rule.

You have 48 hours to post on this thread after your last post or I take over for a bit. This means, no, I won't be an *******, but I will try to avoid making your character do anything really important that might affect things role-playing wise, or extreme plot shifts. I will mostly avoid skill checks like bluff and will absolutely avoid spellcasting. I will post once for the missing character once every 48 hours.

If the the character is currently engaged in combat, they will move up to 30' and attack or full attack without the benefits or augments of feats or magical items that mess with your standard attack (i.e power attack, rapid shot etc.)

Darkfalle, consider this post to be you last post for the purposes of this new rule.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

24. - Top - End - #54

Aidan turns and makes a disgusted face at Larkin. We're stuck helping Dev's dad with chores, Granny Dadora and my parents thought it would "build character". He says making the quotation mark sign with his hands. Feel free to come along if you want, but I'd avoid it if I could, I don't want to get my hide tanned. He looks to Devron. No offense Devron.

Valierion Kels

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aidan's Bluff Check

1d20+6=17

Larkin's Sense Motive

1d20+1=16

woot, an NPC who didn't resist! *fireworks *clapping *parade

Larkin hesitates but then laughs a bit and shakes his head. "No thanks. My Pa's got me set to be fixing the shoes on all those horses the merchants own. I'll be busy all morning, by the Goddess!" He turns to walk away from you, but then hesitates once more. "Just... be careful out there. You never know what's stalking you from the shadows..." he almost whispers. With a final shake of his head, as if waking up, he gives a quick smile and walks off.

You pass into the opposite side of the town and make your way to the edge of the Forest. It's an imposing landscape. Ancient groves stretching skyward make for a magnificent sight. Most of the land around Jacob's Crossing has long been cleared away for building materials and firewood. But no one has dared touch the northern section of woods. Perhaps because of the ruins themselves. Most people just leave the land alone. But Granny often goes herb gathering in the Forest with Nash and Devron and Aiden have snuck off exploring multiple times.

They say that there's not a single break in the trees until you reach the dwarven mountains of the E'ilexethor Range. Luckily, the ruins aren't quite that far. All of you can't help but gulp and break into a nervous sweat. It took all the courage you had before to sneak into the ruins before in broad daylight. But now, with midday approaching, you'll be lucky to reach the ruins until about an hour till dusk. Unless of course you choose to camp in the Forest, which some claim is almost as insane... but last time it went off without a hitch. So you shoulder your bags and begin to walk about 100 yards from the edge of town to the treeline.

oh, and it's Granny Dodara not Dadora, saw a couple of misstypes up there
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2007-05-30 at 10:20 PM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Dadora sounds better

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Aidan's Bluff Check

1d20+6=17

Larkin's Sense Motive

1d20+1=16

woot, an NPC who didn't resist! *fireworks *clapping *parade

Larkin hesitates but then laughs a bit and shakes his head. "No thanks. My Pa's got me set to be fixing the shoes on all those horses the merchants own. I'll be busy all morning, by the Goddess!" He turns to walk away from you, but then hesitates once more. "Just... be careful out there. You never know what's stalking you from the shadows..." he almost whispers. With a final shake of his head, as if waking up, he gives a quick smile and walks off.

You pass into the opposite side of the town and make your way to the edge of the Forest. It's an imposing landscape. Ancient groves stretching skyward make for a magnificent sight. Most of the land around Jacob's Crossing has long been cleared away for building materials and firewood. But no one has dared touch the northern section of woods. Perhaps because of the ruins themselves. Most people just leave the land alone. But Granny often goes herb gathering in the Forest with Nash and Devron and Aiden have snuck off exploring multiple times.

They say that there's not a single break in the trees until you reach the dwarven mountains of the E'ilexethor Range. Luckily, the ruins aren't quite that far. All of you can't help but gulp and break into a nervous sweat. It took all the courage you had before to sneak into the ruins before in broad daylight. But now, with midday approaching, you'll be lucky to reach the ruins until about an hour till dusk. Unless of course you choose to camp in the Forest, which some claim is almost as insane... but last time it went off without a hitch. So you shoulder your bags and begin to walk about 100 yards from the edge of town to the treeline.

oh, and it's Granny Dodara not Dadora, saw a couple of misstypes up there
    Nash is pleased to enter the forest, despite the stories it is a place filled with the plants he so adores. He turns to his companions and voices what everyone must be thinking, So are we planning on going to the ruins today or are we going to camp and do it tomorrow?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dadora sounds better
    Hmmm

You may be right...

too bad this isn't a democracy

The wind blows, making the branches and boughs moan and rustle in its wake. Nash's question hangs in the air...

EDIT: Let's make that house rule 72 hours to be fair. things might move slower, but I realize things might come up.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2007-06-01 at 09:34 PM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Devron takes an uneasy glance at the trees, but shrugs the sounds off as natural. He looks at his friends and laughs saying Lets get there tonight. All those stories about the ruins and just old tales told to keep us from skipping out on chores. The sooner we get there, the more time we'll have to explore! Devron then heads off into the woods towards the ruins.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the party enters the Forest, it is not long before all signs of civilization are swallowed up by the massive oaks and birches. Thick underbrush and clinging vines make the going extremely tough. half movement speed The uneven terrain makes you all extremely wary of your footing. You hope to come across a game trail or some other path with which to follow. An hour later you find a small clearing where a fallen Giant Sequoia has created a small space. You all pause to get your bearings.

Survival Checks DC 15 to be made every 24 hrs.
    To keep from getting lost
    Also to get along in the wild, feed and water yourself (normally DC 10, but this is a special forest, also for every 4 points you succeed, you may provide food and water for another)
    Failure by five or more deals 1 pt of nonlethal damage, a crit fail will earn you 1d4. This is from briars and falls and whatnot.

Devron
    1d20+2=4 The Forest deals 1 point of nonlethal damage to you (An hour of rest will recover your HP so long as you make the DC tomorrow.)

Nash
    1d20+5=19 You know exactly where you are in relation to the village. But having never been to the ruins, you can only speculate as to their location. You may provide food for one of your allies today.

Aidan
    1d20=4 The forest deals 1 pt of nonlethal damage to you. Same parameters as Devron

Devron and Aidan look at each other, breathing heavily, both unsure of what to do. Aidan’s ankle is still tender from when he rolled it on a loose log, and Devron painfully stretches out his left side, aching from where a branch jutted him in the ribs when he fell. Nash seems fine, but he is waiting on Devron or Aidan to speak.

Oh and to be nice. I will let you all have brought rations for one day.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2007-06-02 at 08:32 PM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy