New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto D20, Team 3

As Jalin attempts to recollect any strategies used to bring down buildings to share with the group, few come to mind. Rarely do ninja bring down tall structures to achieve their goal. In the few cases they have, explosives are used to destroy the support structures on the first floor, and occasionally on the 12th and 15th floors as well to fragment the building further and prevent the debris from falling too far. It was noted that staircases often carried as much support as the rest of the building.

-=-=-=-

After a thorough search of the building, it is clear that there are no others present. During your search, a few details about the building become evident. While the buildings is made of concrete, the walls inside each floor are wooden, making the structure equivalent to a hollow shell. The supports on the midpoint of each outer-wall are made of concrete as well, though the staircase does seem to have certain elements of steel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

((So how about setting them up at the three support beams, one on the stairwell, one on the sixth and 12th floor, and another on on the west side with the last one...somewhere?))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

((Presumably we'd have to set the explosives so that one explosive mirrored the other, to prevent the structure from falling one way or another))

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

((I think that Callos's plan is probably the best - I suggest to put the last one also on stairs - they're reinforced with steel so they might need a little more strength to destroy))
    Three are the paths of soul:
    One out - roam across the plain,
    One back - dwell with the tribe and tent,
    One in - turn an enemy's hate.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

5. - Top - End - #35

Over the next hour, the three of you move around the building, placing explosives as you go. Most of the explosives end up on the first floor, either on a support beam, at the base of the stairs, or against the empty wall. As you make your way back to the top, you leave charges on the sixth and twelfth floor.

At the top, Diachi can be seen sitting upon the empty cloth sack and fiddling with the detonator. He ceases his tampering and stands up to greet you again.

"Hello students. I take it all of the charges have been properly placed? There is one last thing I want you to do today." The Jounin takes a moment to toy with the detonator before holding it out face-forward. On the front of the detonator can be seen a digital counter.

Daichi's voice takes a more sinister tone. "This building is now prepared to be demolish thanks to your work. Unfortunately, you are at the top, and even at your fastest pace you won't make it down the building in less than three minutes. That limit is why I have set this timer to two minutes." The Jounin presses a switch on the side and the counter lights up with '2:00'. He takes a single step backward and falls into stance. His body begins to glow with a faint hue of blue.

"Your orders are; Do as you must." The timer moves down a second.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

6. - Top - End - #36

((Initiative (1d20+3=22) woohoo nice... awaiting for the turn order before doing anything else ;P)
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Jalin

Taking it in stride, Jalin thinks for a moment.

How are you guys going to get off the top of this building? Hopefully, everyone has some way of either moving fast or.. Well, flying.

((1d20+2)[22] Initiative)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Fly!

Hara

After planting the explosives, with the guidance of her fellow team members, it was a welcome relief to come back up to the top of the roof to report to their sensei that their task had been completed without too much of a hassle. How hard could it be to bring down a building after all?

Thats when the hammer fell and so did her jaw.

He's going to blow up the building with us on it?!

It was as if something had froze inside of her head, making it impossible to hash out a plan with the others. Instead she observed them with the same shocked and dismayed expression as chakra flowed smoothly through her thin bony frame, making her stronger and faster. A simple combination of jutsu that most ninja at least knew of, but Hara knew it still wouldn't be possible to run all the way down through the building to escape the blast. Instead she took a more direct route.

The words had hardly left Jalin's mouth before a black haired blur went whipping past, the young genius sprinting towards the west edge at full speed and showing no signs of stopping. At the very last second Hara bent her leading leg and and pushed. The result was to send her flying over the edge towards the next building, one that was a good two stories lower.

Wind ripped past her face drawing a smile form the subdued girl as she closed the distance to the other ledge and began the free fall towards the roof of the other building. For the first time she didn't have a care in the world..for a little bit anyway. Hara didn't want to physically harm herself in this little stunt after all. Hands pulled through the motions of some hand signs, hard to do with the wind pulling at her...

"Kawarimi no jutsu!" Came the ghostly call from down the ledge as Hara called into a slab of stone to act as her substitute underneath of her. Focusing once more, the slip of a girl planted her feet on the substitute's back and pushed off at the last second, pulling her arms and legs in and rolling nimbly across the roof top. Wincing some, Hara pulled herself up and looked amazed when she noticed only a couple of mild bruises and scrapes and nothing serious. Turning to look over her shoulder to were the rest of her team was, she cupped her mouth and shouted loudly "C'mon! You don't have much time!"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Iniative: (1d20+2)[7]
    Shodan check: 1d20+5=21
    Namidatsu Check:1d20+5=24
    First Jump Check and Action point: 1d20+4=24, 1d6=2
    Substitution check: 1d20+6=15
    Second Jump Check: 1d20+4=23
    Tumble check: 1d20+3=20
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-06-10 at 05:59 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #39

((Well since the initiatives are there))

Aoshi

I suspect that you don't give us the detonator if we ask for it? If so... - Aoshi quickly made a few handseals and disappeared in a puff of smoke leaving only a piece of debris behind.
    ... then we'll have to try to take it. - split seconds after his disappearance Kaguya appeared behind his sensei and attempted to snatch the detonator from his hand.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Jalin

The older shinobi didn't move as Hara ran past and leap off the building. Glad that she was safe, Jalin simply shut her out of his mind. The important thing now was to get Aoshi off the building before it exploded. He mentally counted down the time, keeping tabs on it to ensure he didn't shave things alittle too closely.

He wasn't surprised by the threat of the explosion. And certainly the idea of dying wasn't a big problem to him. He was alittle worried about Aoshi getting out alive, and right now that was all that mattered. Jalin quickly formed a plan, something that would let him help in atleast a minor way. He began speaking, addressing the jounin directly and ensuring that, at best, he'd distract the jounin with his various questions.

But why? Assuming we fail, we'd have died. Theres not alot of other genin around here, and our deaths would reflect badly on you. So why allow the risk of our deaths? Are we even in danger? Is this just another test of our ability to react?

Even as he spoke, he slowly worked the hand-seals of one of his jutsus. If he succeeded in distracting the jounin, then the hand-seals wouldn't be necessary. If he failed in distracting the jounin, he'd have to save Aoshi anyway. Jalin grinned as an idea formed in his head. There would be time to save Aoshi, and certainly enough to save himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless you want me to roll, I'm not gonna bother. With an innate +11 and no modifications done to the hand-seals, I auto-succeed on the perform check.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2007-06-10 at 09:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

As Aoshi and Jalin prepare to face their sensei, Hara makes a desperate jump across to the next building. The Jounin doesn't even bat an eye towards her as she runs, standing incredibly still in his stance. He stays completely stationary until Aoshi disappears in a blur, raising only an eyebrow cleverly.

When Aoshi appears behind the Jounin, Jalin can see a look of surprise on the sensei's face. Aoshi's maneuver to catch Mizuno off-guard succeeds, but is short lived as he opens himself up to grab at the detonator. The sensei turns and strikes his palm against Aoshi's shoulder, sending a shock into Aoshi's arm and forcing him to withdraw.

With a similar hand-sign to Aoshi's, Mizuno becomes a single blur between his current position and directly in front of Jalin. Seven inches taller, he towers over him menacingly and laughes. Jalin cannot see an attack, only feeling a sudden sharp pain in the center of his chest radiating to the rest of his body.

His heart skips a beat.

|0|1|54|

Spoiler
    Show
    Aoshi makes a Disarm Attempt and provokes an AoO. Aoshi takes 6 Raiton Damage and fails the disarm.

Daichi performs Sandan Kousoku, converting hit points to Chakra. He attacks Jalin once for 11 Raiton Damage.

Turn order is:
    Aoshi
    Jalin
    Daichi
    Hara
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-06-14 at 10:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

12. - Top - End - #42

Aoshi

Damn. I could try a bit longer but Jalin got hit badly. I don't think that he could handle another hit.

Jalin, get over here! - Aoshi shouted while simultanously concentrating chakra on his feet and pulling out something from his pouch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kinobori - Autosucces due to Harmony feat
    CP 10/16
    Ready action to throw Makibishi if Jalin comes to me to block off senseis path
    Now the building has 12 floors. Floor is about 3 meters high, so 3 floors otal to 9 meters or 30 feet. That means the whole building is about 120 feet tall, ame I missing something?

((OOC: Zero do you wan't to go suicide and risk getting hurt/killed while I attempt to get the detonator, or do we follow plan B i.e. getting the hell out of here?))

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Jalin

Grinning, the smaller ninja ducked away and begin moving toward Aoshi. He finished the handsigns for his transformation jutsu just as he arrived.

Grab on!

Running toward the edge, Jalin reaches out to grab Aoshi. He waited a moment, then yelled to the other ninja to jump. As soon as Aoshi was in the air, the missing-nin from the Land of Fire exploded into a cloud of smoke.

Jalin had used Henge no Jutsu to transform himself into a glider, and using Aoshi's downward momentum as a spring-board to force the glider to go forward faster than it would fall. They'd easily get space away from the building that way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Performing Henge no Jutsu, auto-success. Not converting Chakra to hit points. Based on Aoshi's jump check, we could easily clear the area since I am a glider.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2007-06-12 at 11:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Though Jalin has turned his back on his sensei to run, he does not take the opportunity to strike, nor does his follow after Jalin as he transforms into a glider and flies Aoshi and himself to safety on the next building.

It takes a few moments before realizing that your sensei has not followed yet. You only have time to blink to be proven wrong as he tumbles in on a blur, then stands and takes stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aoshi and Jalin successfully fly the gap, joining Hara. Combat breaks for one round, and Daichi successfully jumps the gap. Re-roll initiative.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

15. - Top - End - #45

Aoshi

Hmmm. Since we're no longer on the mined building, and we shouldn't be caught in the explosion unless we messed up setting up explosives, then what is the "goal" now? Getting the detonator stil? Or just trying to beat you? - Kaguya was was puzzled, and perhaps this dulled his reactions

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+3=5)
    Shodan Kousoku is still in action under the new rules.
    Actual actions will come when I'll learn my place in initiative order and/or get some explanations from sensei assuming that he is willing to talk :P

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Jalin

The moment he lands, Jalin rolls and lets go of the Henge. He immediately pulls out one of his smoke bombs and flings it against the ground. Once their sensai arrives, however, he readies himself. Since he was effectively invisible behind the smoke-wall, he immediately went through the hand-seals of Bunshin no Jutsu.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[13]

During the one-round break in combat, Jalin is going to ignite and throw a smoke bomb centered on his square, hopefully he'll catch Aoshi in it as well.

On my turn, I'm going to perform Bunshin no Jutsu, make only one clone. The rest of my plan will depend on Hara's and Aoshi's ability to grasp the plan.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2007-06-14 at 11:45 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto D20, Team 3

Hara

A sigh of relief came from the bony girl as both of her team mates came flying over the edge of the building to land on the same roof top that she had chosen to land on. But when their sensei came hurtling over as well and took up a fighting stance she...she looked very puzzled. Just to be safe though Hara pulled out out the fuuma shuriken concealed in her belt and held it in her good hand with a confused look on her face.

"Isn't the test over sensei?"

18. - Top - End - #48

The sensei continues to hold onto his recently serious demeanor as he answers his students questions. "Jalin continues to have the right ideas. Consider that I am the aggressor of this situation. With your assistance, I am going to destroy a building. If you do not stop me, is it not possible I will try to set up more explosives in other buildings?" Daichi taps his foot on the roof, shoving around a loose block of concrete. He shifts his stance and holds out the detonator.

"Perhaps I already have?"

With out further warning, Daichi runs into the spreading smoke, joining Jalin and soon Aoshi in visual obscurity.

Spoiler
    Show

Turn order is;
    Jalin,
    Daichi,
    Aoshi,
    Hara

The smoke will be at 15ft next round. Time remain is 1 minute and 36 seconds at the end of this round.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

19. - Top - End - #49

((Hmm, it seems I'm the only one that didn't post actions ahead of initiative count))

Aoshi

So he did it afterall... or at least he wants us to think so. Anyway getting rid of the detonator is probably the only way now. - the boy thought to himself. Under the cover of smoke he slipped the kimono from his arm slightly and then proceeded to pull the bone that went through his skin. After a few seconds he was holding an sharp ended weapon, typical for his clansmen in his right hand.

Now to find him in that smoke... what is Jalin planning?

Spoiler
    Show
    Create bone weapon, medium size.
    CP 9/10
    Left arm unusable: 1st round of 7
    Annd thats about it for the round

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Jalin

Finishing the hand signs for Bunshin no Jutsu, Jalin moved away from the point where his teacher had charged into the smoke. The bunshin clone immediately began to run toward the edge of the wall as Jalin began working on the handsigns for Henge no Jutsu.

From outside the smoke, it'd appear as if Jalin had just fled and was dashing toward the edge rather quickly. The real Jalin would be invisible inside the smoke, however.

21. - Top - End - #51

Everyone tenses as Aoshi, Jalin and Daichi all vanish in smoke. Nobody can tell what is going on, or who is where. Hara sees the smoke break as Jalin exits and makes a mad dash for the edge. He does not even turn his eyes to notice her.

Nothing seems to happen.

Spoiler
    Show
    You may make a DC 15 Listen Check to find Daichi's square, but take a 50% miss chance if you try to attack him while he is obscured.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Jalin

Because he gave no other commands, the Bunshin simply runs off the edge without any thought. Jalin immediately repeats the jutsu, creating another clone in the spot he was at before dashing out of the cloud toward where he remembered Hara had been.

The moment he bursts from the cloud, his index finger goes up to his lips, signaling to the kunoichi not to make a sound.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Hara

The billowing of smoke made the girl freeze up as all of the other genin and her sensei went plunging into it to attempt a resolution. But when Jalin came running out and went straight over the edge she paused before joining them. Was he attempting to do what she had? But that wouldn't work! At best he'd only slow a tremendous fall!

Then another Jalin came out from the smoke and raised a finger to his lips she understood and nodded. Creeping over to were he was, Hara leaned close with her mouth practically right next to his ear and whispering as softly as she possibly could.

"Do you have a plan Jalin-kun?"
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-06-18 at 03:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Jalin

Staying quiet, the older ninja ran through the hand-signs for Henge no Jutsu quickly. He did his best to keep from making any sounds, and the moment he finished his run-through he pointed toward the large shuriken in her hands. Jalin immediately jutted out a thumb toward the smoke cloud, hoping to convey the exceptionally simple message with an equally simple hand-gesture.

25. - Top - End - #55

Hara and Jalin exchange signals to silently convey their plans. They do so efficiently, but do not have enough time to enact a plan before spotting their Jounin carrying a struggling Aoshi by the neck at the far end of the smokescreen. Aoshi's left arm is limp, and held in his right hand is undoubtedly the bones for the limb.

The Jounin is smiling once again, sinisterly. "I hope you aren't planning anything while I have your teammate here. Be careful what you say or do next, you just might kill him!

"Then again, what is there to say? Just how much sense can you make out of all of this to say anything?"

Spoiler
    Show

Aoshi and Daichi are now grappling. Aoshi fails a second grapple check and is moved 15ft.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

26. - Top - End - #56

Aoshi
    If you kill me... you will loose... so go ahead, make my day! - Aoshi hissed while simultaneously making an desparate attempt to struggle free.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple (1d20+5=25) Escape grapple, should be 23, forgot to add penalty for one arm being unusable.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Hara

"Negotiations then Daichi-sensei. Shinobi have multiple tools to solve problems, what are your demands? If you have none we should assume your merely a crazed arsonist and seek out the ANBU to stop you."

Hara's voice came from behind Jalin who had his back turned to Daichi. With a flick of her wrist, the pale girl opened up the four long blades and held the weapon at the ready as she saw Aoshi struggling to get free from their Jounin teacher.

"Daichi-sensei, I also ask for a prisoner exchange. Aoshi-kun is injured and Jalin-kun can at least prevent him from getting worse. Aoshi-kun for me, sound fair?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:

Readying an action: If Aoshi gets free, throw the fuuma shuriken at the detonator (In a 'knock it out of his hands' kind of way not 'cut it in half' kind of way).

(1d20+2)[11]

If he agrees to the prisoner exchange then Hara will step forward though once Aoshi is a good distance away.

28. - Top - End - #58

Aoshi makes a brief struggle to break free of Daichi's grasp, only to strafe around the Jounin and end up back in the same position. Once again maintaining a good hold on his hostage, Daichi directs his grin towards Hara.

"Demands? Sure, I have some demands, maybe even an exchange. I'll give you my prisoner here and the detonator, and in exchange, you all hand over all the money you have." Daichi anchors his glowing hand particularly close to Aoshi's head. "I trust you have your wallets with you, or else I just might do as my hostage dares."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Jalin

The ninja stayed where he was, keeping himself quiet. With his back turned to his jounin, keeping the more powerful ninja from seeing the hand-seals he was performing, Jalin begin to perform Henge no Jutsu.

As soon as he was finished, he turned around. Jalin now looked exactly like Aoshi, even down to the clothes he wore and the limp left arm. The Aoshi look-a-like pointed at the Jounin and yelled out rather loudly.

Now! Attack him!

In that instance, the bunshin he had left in the smoke cloud rushed out toward the jounin. Without being able to identify the real Jalin, it would have appeared as if Aoshi had escaped.

Spoiler
    Show
    Auto-success on Henge, not converting to HP.

30. - Top - End - #60

Daichi raises a brow as Jalin transformed into Aoshi. On command, Hara lobs her fuuma shuriken, and both it and the clone descend upon Daichi. The jounin ignores the clone, letting it run at and hit him square in the face with little consequence as it burst into smoke upon contact. He tips the hand with the detonator in it, and hits the fuuma shuriken from below, sending it clattering off to the side.

The jounin pauses for a moment, then looks out towards Jalin/Aoshi, confused. "I don't get it. Either your pretty bad at impersonating voices, or I'm failing to see a very clever trap hidden behind this." He squeezes Aoshi's neck before adding, "If you do have a trap, spring it. Don't wait."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.