Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: Ashourina! (In Character)

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show

"I am newly arrived to this place. You may call me Muazid. These elves held ill intentions for your people, but I happened along where I might interfere with their perfidy. As with any newcomer, I hope to find friendship with my neighbors. I will find such friendship here, I hope?" Stonebiter does not do anything threatening, although one might expect the bits of elf still gently pattering down from the trees behind him may convey an unstated point about those who are not his friends. He gives the orc leader the time they need to consider, and then continues (if no attack is forthcoming), "I would know more of my other new neighbors. Are there many more orcs and elves in the area? And what of the great stone fort? I thought I smelled humans but I haven't seen any outside its walls yet."

Notes: Muazid would be a somewhat common Ogre name, implying perhaps he is an Ogre-mage or something similar in disguise if this gets back to the fort.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OoC: That works, although Stonebiter obviously is not an ogre mage (although the orcs might not know it isn't polymorphed or something).

The orc looks unnerved by your display of power. "…Yes, I am glad we are friends. That fortress is called 'Warrior's Rest', and is best avoided. The walls are high, thick, and well-manned. While it controls the river, every force that has raided it was driven back. A fearsome monster dwells within. Even the largest hosts scatter at its roar, and the fools that stand and fight are quickly reduced to ash or crushed by its great claws. When irked, its vengeance is always swift and terrible. We've learned to leave it alone, best you do too. If you don't bother them, they'll leave you alone. The men rarely venture outside, we think they are the monster's servants… or slaves."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: No, indeed, much too small, clawed, and jackal-headed. But they are known to go around disguised, so combined with the Ogre-ish name it is a conclusion someone might reach - and considering Stonebiter is clearly much stronger than his size suggests it has some points in its favor. Which is better than leaving no false threads to pull. Also, given that there isn't that much outside the fort, unless it is really close in, Stonebiter might as well spend a little time learning what's going on in the area and perhaps make a few local friends.

"An unpleasant lot, then. What of others in the area? Orcs and Elves? And any other settlements or notable locals to whom I should introduce myself? Or perhaps who we - I should avoid?"

4. - Top - End - #64

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "There are other groups of elves and orcs, some friendly, some not. The elves typically don't like us so much, although a few tribes tolerate us. Also, there are on occasion other monsters, undead, nature spirits, and a few other monsters, principally two great felines, one primarily in Glorypine further north, the other stalking this fortress, we believe it has a lair in the mountains but towards the south. It at times has went all the way to the edge of these woods, although it seems to also fear the fortress."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A true Saint, then. And powerful. Far from dissuading him, the results of Aldik's divination spells brought to life a fire that had long burned low in Stilltongue's heart. Finally, a worthy enemy.

He cast a quick spell to remove any scent from his body and flew high into the night sky, looking for an area of the fortress that the Saint might reside in.

Note: Cast remove scent spell, which will last for 200 minutes. Still invisible, silenced, and hiding. I'm assuming that the night sky is equivalent to shadow so Stilltongue can hide in plain sight as a shadowdancer. He is always considered to be "actively searching".

If he sees the dragon, he will stay at least 500 feet away from it.

Last edited by ValarMorgulis; 2015-11-09 at 12:11 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show
    Stonebiter will work his way to near the edge of the trees, and then start going around, keeping an eye out for any other locals he might interact with, with particular interest in the felines. He will take some time to mark a few trees with claw marks, to see if he can draw out any large local predatory monsters who might be territorial. He will also be looking out for any departing patrols.

7. - Top - End - #67

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You pass the Izolas's pleasure devil as you depart, making its way towards the orcish encampment. The edge of the woods seems to be deserted by intelligent beings, although some birds chirp in trees, squirrels chitter away, rabbits have their burrows, and foxes try to hunt them, although the orc seems to speak the truth, Warrior's Rest seems to be well avoided. The only sign of large territorial monsters you find is the occasional fallen tree, that either look uprooted or smashed by a shattering force. By some of them is dried blood.

From the edge of the forest, you can see the soldiers manning the battlements of Warrior's Rest, but nothing but the wind and small field-animals stir the ~2000 ft field between the edge of the forest and the castle.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show
    Stonebiter relays what he learned, little though it is, to the Devil to pass on. Having done his initial sweep he ventures a bit further from the fort looking to learn exciting new things about any of the local inhabitants. He will try to backtrack the creature that destroyed the trees a bit, if he can and it doesn't take him too far from the fort.

Survival: (1d20+23)[33]

9. - Top - End - #69

OoC: If Izolas has a way to communicate with your pleasure devil, you all can read the spoiler's between me and Stonebiter up to this point (although not beyond, including the spoiler in this post), as the pleasure devil would report Stonebiter's discoveries.

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The broken trees don't seem to have a real pattern. It isn't like something massive walked through the forest and bowled over trees, its like something decided to knock over trees.

However, you do come across two bands of elves in a skirmish around an overgrown squat stone building in a hollow, a large stone blocking the door. Humanoid skeletons lie in the embrace of the these vines and in a ring of decomposing leaves at the edge of the hollow.

A small pool, possibly a spring bubbles at the center of the hollow, although it now is red with blood.

Spot DC 42:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ring of decomposing leaves is actually 34 shambling mounds sitting very still and very cleverly camouflaged.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+33)[51]

Stonebiter broadcasts telepathically* to the shambling mounds, "What are they fighting about? And are you waiting to eat in the aftermath, because I might be able to help."

*Telepathy, so far as I can tell with a bit of googling, should still work even though plants are immune to mind affecting. If you rule otherwise, lemme know and I'll do something else.

Last edited by Silver Night; 2015-11-08 at 08:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of Character: They couldn't have been very close friends, or else Sal'Veen would have came and visited personally earlier numerous times and have already learned of the fall of Grimfell.

"In my experience, names do not begin with 'the.' Still, cowards are not turned to courage by shame, and tricksters feel it not for deceit. Nevertheless, you have my word that I will inform Saint Sal'Veen of this upon my return. Such a loss would undoubtably pain him, I could not say you would have a warm welcome. While Sal'Veen would certainly speak with you, if you have a message to deliver, you can tell us, and we would convey it to him."
    Spoiler: rweird - Cordelia
    Show

"My. How decent of you."

She could have slaughtered them where they stood. It was a sure way of keeping the truth about Grimmfell hidden. But this was not her way.

Yet she knew that if this old man hadn't pieced everything together by now, he would eventually. There was no point in denying anything.

"...Very well. I'll take you up on that offer."

She raised her shield to the men stationed at one of the higher towers. Moments later, a horn was sounded, but it sounded more like a high pitched wailing, like a wraith or a banshee. It echoed off of the great mountains and across the land of Grimmfell...

The ground beyond the city bridge erupted with thousands of dead claws, skeletal warriors climbed out of the earth for as far as the eye could see. the clatter of their metal and bones sounded in response to their call...

"Tell Sal'veen," she said, "that the shadow of the Immortal Queen has fallen upon his fortress. Tell him that a great host will come like an overwhelming tide, and that his feeble walls will crumble before it. Tell him that any who take up arms against us will be cut down and added to our ranks. There is no shelter that we cannot unveil, nowhere for him or his people to go that we cannot follow. "

She drew her sword. "Tell him he will be given the opportunity to surrender quietly, thus sparing his people, and perhaps even himself should he choose to serve. This opportunity shall only come once... and when the choice is made it cannot be taken back. But all will bow before the end... one way, " she pointed it at Lawrence when she said 'one way,' then pointed at the endless rows of undead, finishing the sentence, "or another."

"For Ashourina is inevitable."

She lowered her sword, raising her other hand to the archers above, who all trained their arrow on the envoys. She did not give the order to fire.

"Gentlemen... for your excellent conduct and your willingness to carry the burden of this message, I will spare your lives. Seek not to take advantage of this extension of mercy I have shown you. Now," she pointed Soulfang in the direction of the Keep of Sal'veen. "GO."
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "One group assailed the other as they were drinking from the spring. We will eat them all, we eat all who set foot here, but waiting till they kill each other saves effort."

Cordelia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lawrence and the others seem stunned by the undead horde before comprehension dawns. Grimfell has fallen. "I will convey your message, but right now, I will tell you his reply. 'Let them come.' Sal'Veen always fancied he die in battle against evil, but I must confess I wish our lord Heironeous did not see it fit to grant it."

With that, they mount and, assuming you don't respond, or kill them, fly back towards the fortress.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

It is not even two days before Aldik appears atop Ashourina's ziggurat again. His divinations having failed against the protections of a Mind Blank effect, he used the one power he had that could cut through it. He waits atop the ziggurat for members of the court to return, so that he may provide them with the information he gained from Metafaculty. He is aware that Saint Sal'Veen is quite a skilled combatant, and for anyone to engage him directly is inviting trouble from a terrifyingly large gift of holy power via Heironeous.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show
    "Is this just your territory, or were you assigned to protect the clearing? I can turn the elves into food for you, and you may then decide if you wish to attack me, does that seem agreeable? If you choose not to attack me, I can be a useful ally."

Stonebiter keeps it simple, since shambling mounds aren't known for their keen intellect. Looks like killing elves might be the order of the day.

15. - Top - End - #75

Ashourina remained seated as all her champions left. Her eyes were closed, listening and observing what was happening. Her servants themselves were immune to being scried upon, but there were lesser servants who could be observed. She sees Cordelia act the fool, a true knight. It confirms to her what she already knew, the paladin is a tool, not a wielder. Her mind keeps working, rearranging her plans, there are so many, and so much has to be changed now that the truth is known. Briefly she considers simply intervening, and removing the pests, but that would achieve little. No, she remains still, waiting. Like a queen should. Waiting for those who serve her to do as commanded.

She knows much, but she is forced to remain hidden. She can't reveal the truth of her return, she is supposed to be hidden. There are those who serve her cause, but she remains in the shadows, a fear to whispered of, not to be battled directly.

Aldik enters her chambers again, where she has been immobile since she gave her commands. There is the desire to return to her tomb, but there is an odd feeling about sitting on her throne again. She speaks: "Noble archmage, have your spells uncovered hidden truths?"

16. - Top - End - #76

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Assigned. We have no need of allies. Enter and die."

Out of Character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technically, Mind Blank would make you not appear if someone in the area is scried upon, and I recall Cordelia having Mind Blank.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldik turns, facing towards the entrance of the ziggurat as he he hears his queen's voice. He walks towards the entrance and into the zuggurat towards Ashourina at his normal slow and nonthreatening pace. His staff continuing to click metal on stone with every other step. He reaches Ashourina, and kneels before her again.

"My queen. I have discovered only some small, but important things. The most important is that, like us, he protects himself from mind-magic and divination with Mind Blank. He is a fearsome combatant, and he wields a terrifying level of power granted to him by his deity. He is a warrior, first and foremost, but he bears near equal skill in using divine magic. Should we engage him in combat, Cordelia should not be allowed to do it alone, as I think she would try to do. You have great faith in her ability, but I am not sure she is a match for him."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show
    "And who then assigned you to this place?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    As Sal'veen's envoys departed, Lucius brought his attention to Cordelia, removing his mask to reveal the grinning face of a skull. "...Did the Queen change her plan?"

Cordelia signaled the guards to raise the portcullis. "No."

Lucius stared at her blankly. "...So you just... told them."

Cordelia watched as the portcullis rose, and approached. "Yes."

Lucius followed. "Despite the Queen's wishes."

They both passed through the main gate, and into the city. "Yes."

The crowds of Grimmfell's citizens parted ways, humbly bowing as they passed. "You acted against the Queen's wishes."

"Yes."

"Knowing full well what her wishes were."

"Yes."

The gates to the main castle had opened. Cordelia and Lucius stepped through.

"You realize she's going to find out about this?"

The great doors of the castle had parted ways for them. "The Queen already knows."

"So you'll be leaving again? To answer to her?"

"She'll summon me if she wishes to speak with me."

They made their way to the war room.

"May I speak freely?"

Cordelia resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "I thought you were already."

"That was not your call to make, and putting it bluntly, it was a bad call. We had the element of surprise in our hands. We could have taken Sal'veen all too easily had you not revealed our allegiances."

Cordelia looked over the map of the region, noting the tokens in place. "It shouldn't matter. The Queen's resources are without limit. Time is endless. Troops are replenished in a matter of hours. The fortress will be hers."

"That's not the point and you know it. The Queen's Will is law."

Cordelia brought her full attention to Lucius. "I have done everything the Queen has asked of me up to this point. I'm certain she has room in her plan to compensate for my uncharacteristic decision."

Lucius cocked his head. "...Wait a minute.
    "Are you angry with her?"

Cordelia did not respond, she simply looked at the map again.

Lucius stiffened. "...You are."

"We don't have time for this."

"Oh, I see. Time is suddendly a finite resource when it suits you."

"The Queen's time is endless. My time, however, is being wasted with your ceaseless prying."

"Notice how you're not answering my question--"

"You may no longer speak freely."

Lucius, if he could smile, would have. But he stepped back. "...Very well, milady. But know that I intend to report all of this to Aldik."

Cordelia did not look away from the map. She began to place units upon key positions of the map. "Before you do," she said. "You are to take our troops through the forest path. It's still a viable tactic despite the recent change in circumstance. You are not to be seen."

Lucius nodded. "May I ask what you'll be doing?"

Cordelia exited the war room. "... a few of my associates still don't know about what I've done. I would prefer it if they heard it from me."

"Understood."

Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-11-10 at 01:10 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

20. - Top - End - #80

Izolas has been at the middle of a tornado for several hours, discussing plans and giving commands as she finally begins to set Mistress Ashourina's plans into motion. All around her, a crowd of angelic beings and undead vampires mingle as they attend to her and Iskar Jarak.

In many ways Izolas considers this to be one of her greatest victories - she has a cadre of angelic beings which have followed her lead even as she was rejected from the heavens, and now they answer her summons each day, staying to serve her goals. There was no small amount of friction between his vampiric followers and her own angelic ones when she first joined with her vampiric love, Iskar Jarak, but now they have come to understand each other enough to work together smoothly, though the late-night arguments and debates over goals and morality still sometimes shake the flying palace.

Spoiler: Instructions to Pleasure Devil
    Show
    Izolas gazes at two mismatched beings with a faint twinkle in her eye. Meridah, a pleasure devil she just recently Bound to her service again, is posing to inflame the passion of a Monadic Deva follower, Marseil who was a deeply wounded angel and passionately and guiltily enamoured of the devil. Izolas had hopes for the pair to start some reconciliation and strength.

"Meridah, you have my instructions in full, the core being to gather information from anyone you can entrap around the fortress of Saint Sal'Veen, but remaining outside the fortress's attention. No forcing any mortal souls either, remember."

"Of course, radiant one," the devil responded. "Of course, being on a restriction like that means I will be most ... aroused when I complete the task and return." The devil ran her fingers up her own body and Izolas forced herself to hold in a smile as the angel Marseil bit her lip and pressed her legs together, holding in a moan.

"Quite," Izolas managed to hold her smile in. "Well, I'm sure you'll manage to slake your thirst after you have completed your tasks. I or Iskar Jarak will contact you for updates, and for anything particularly urgent you can return here to pass the word."

The pleasure devil managed to bow, and Izolas was quite sure that smitten Marseil was not the only being watching the devil's bow that somehow managed to look like a prelude to sex. The devil turned, and Izolas couldn't see what she had done, but Marseil blushed, and then the pleasure devil was gone, teleporting away as was part of her heritage's power.

Spoiler: Instructions for Vamp Doppelganger Spy
    Show
    The next important meeting was much more private. A rather brawny young man stood before Izolas, but her True Seeing could see the sexless, bland, amorphous body that was the vampire doppelganger's true form. Iskar Jarak handled most of this meeting, as he was the most familiar with his spymaster.

"So that is our plan - Izolas and her angels will be hopefully arriving in the fortress to be an inside force, but she needs to know more than she will be allowed to see. Her visit is public and she will likely be accompanied at all times. You shall carry out the investigation of the interior of the fortress, mapping its strengths, weaknesses, and setting the stage for their defenses to fail when the assault comes."

Czith, vampire doppelganger, nodded and seemed to be the very picture of a strong, young human, stronger of body than mind, but Izolas had come to respect his great intelligence and skill.

"Sure thing, yer' highnesses," even Czith's phrasing and words fit his current shape. "I'll check out the approaches first and then get in one way or another. I might go in publicly if they seem open to that, or I might sneak in and take over something once I'm in that way. Either way, it'll be a piece of cake."

"A great number of paladins with their deity-given abilities are in there, many of them might be protected against your mental attacks, remember," Iskar warned, the casual words of his spymaster's guise and manner pulling forth an unneeded caution.

"Sure thing 'guv," came the response. "I'll be right careful, don't you worry. I'll keep stuff outa' sight of others so if the brain stuff doesn't work, I can follow up with more straightforward methods."

Iskar Jarak shook his head at his own useless worrying.

"You're more than capable for the task. Take the Greater Platform of Jaunting, and I imagine Izolas will see you there."

"Though I probably won't realize I'm seeing you," Izolas interjected.

The vampire doppelganger in the guise of a young man gave a jaunty grin and strode from the room, off to his duty.

Izolas went to the Sending room and began working the massive magical device which Iskar Jarak had so cleverly constructed. Ten minutes later the message formed in her mind went flashing out to contact Saint Sal'Veen.

"I wish to visit to discuss concerns of your area. Accompanied by Pelor cleric. When may we arrive at your fortress? Tomorrow?" She assumed his answer would be positive with the clear inclusion of a cleric of Pelor. He wanted help. This would sound like hope.

Spoiler: Setting up the Teleportation Circle and Velduvian
    Show
    With the first flurries of orders given out, Izolas began her own work.

"Timnus," she called the Firre Eladrin. "I'm going to need your assistance for some scouting near the fortress. Invisibility is needed for some time."

Izolas and the Eladrin proceeded to the Jaunting Chamber. With a brief look of concentration the Eladrin disappeared and then Izolas disappeared as well.

"Thank you, Timnus," came her voice from the apparently empty air. Then the Greater Platform of Jaunting activated, and then activated again as the two angels vanished for real this time, and appeared several hundred feet above the trees, a mile or two away from the fortress.

Izolas began flying slowly, at least for her, back and forth other the dense forest, looking all around at the terrain. Velduvian had over twenty thousand skeletons that needed to be brought in close to the fortress without being spotted. She kept a hand grasping Timnus' hand as she flew along, and could sense the magic periodically being used as he kept them both well concealed with Greater Invisibility.

She took her time, looking for signs of patrol paths to avoid, and an area where the masses of skeletons could gather without being spotted from the air - a large patch of particularly dense trees or a large overhang of a mountainside. Whatever would work best. She investigated each one, flying down to within 50 feet to get a clear look.

Spoiler: Roll if needed
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+56)[67]

Tomorrow she would prepare the Teleportation Circle spell and set it to deposit the hordes of Velduvian's army here.

As soon as she got back she would tell Velduvian she was ready for his army. She thought his plan was to accompany her in the guise of a cleric of Pelor. She hoped his disguise skills were up for deceiving a powerful paladin.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2015-11-10 at 07:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Our master. It forged us for this purpose."

Izolas:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Who are you? And who is the cleric?" Is the immediate response to your Sending.

In your scouting, you see no signs of patrols from the fortress, and the thickness of the forest could easily obscure line of sight. Elves and orcs are wandering in bands in the forest, although a skeletal army could easily defeat them, and assuming one of you is with them, preventing them from spreading the word.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show
    "Does your master have a name? And what are you guarding?" Whether or not they answer these questions in a useful way, Stonebiter is not keen to waste time on cryptic answers from not terribly clever murderous shrubs. He will destroy them, and finish off whichever of the elves are left as well (unless they do or say something terribly interesting before they are all dead). He will then examine the stone building.

Search (1d20+20)[35]

23. - Top - End - #83

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We know neither, only that it created us to guard this clearing. It is a three-headed beast. It concealed us here, and occasionally returns to conceal us again or conjure more of us."

With your attack, you can dispatch many, although others try to flee out of fear. The elves scream various things in elvish (your sheet doesn't list elvish as a language you know, if you have tongues or something, tell me, and I'll tell you what they screamed). Inspecting the building, it seems to be made of smooth stone. Your knowledge of magic tells you this was magically created.

24. - Top - End - #84

Spoiler: Izolas pinging Velduvian
    Show
    Izolas sighs.

"There's always something that I overlook," she thinks as she again begins activating the magic communication device.

Ten minutes later the magic is completed, searching through the cosmos for Velduvian and Sending her query.

"You still plan be Pelor Cleric at fortress? What your name? Sal'Veen wants know. Site found for your armies near fortress. Teleportation Circle ready tomorrow."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Cordelia wasted no time, making her way to to the top of the tower, to the teleportation circle. When she reached it, she saw that Rynskaald was already there, waiting for her. Mounting the beast, she spoke the command words, allowing the arcane magics to sweep her and her dragon away... to the Glorypine forests.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-11-12 at 05:25 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Izolas
    Show

Velduvian replies quickly, "Yes. Azrath Smithson. At Grimmfell now. Will return tomorrow to meet at Glorypine."

Spoiler: Cordelia
    Show
    As Cordelia appears, a small alarm goes off, and a few dozen warriors emerge follower by a draconic fey wielding two giant blades made of pure energy. The dragonic fey speaks, mildly surprised. "Cordelia? Stand down soldiers."

As the small company of fey relax, Alexstrasza speaks again. "What business have you with the Court of the Fey, my lady of the Black Rose?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    Spoiler: Izolas
    Show

Velduvian replies quickly, "Yes. Azrath Smithson. At Grimmfell now. Will return tomorrow to meet at Glorypine."

Show
    As Cordelia appears, a small alarm goes off, and a few dozen warriors emerge follower by a draconic fey wielding two giant blades made of pure energy. The dragonic fey speaks, mildly surprised. "Cordelia? Stand down soldiers."

As the small company of fey relax, Alexstrasza speaks again. "What business have you with the Court of the Fey, my lady of the Black Rose?"
    Spoiler: rweird & darklink - Cordelia
    Show

Cordelia brings her attention to Alextraza, speaking sternly with urgent undertones. "I must speak with Velduvian at once. Where might I find him?"
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-11-12 at 05:24 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show
    Stonebiter does, perhaps, need to work on his patience still. He will summon a Gargantuan Fiendish Monstrous Scorpion and have it move the stone out of the way of the door if it's able to. He will wait to the side, in case there's a trap or something exciting bursts out.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Why... at Grimmfell. He left to meet with you." The draconic fey chuckled, realizing now that Cordelia must have just missed him.

30. - Top - End - #90

Spoiler: Izolas to Sal'Veen
    Show
    "Very well," Izolas mutters to herself. "Azrath Smithson. Azrath Smithson. Huh."

For several minutes she considers her plans for the meeting with Saint Sal'Veen. Their goal would be to sound out the man and hopefully keep him well distracted. She debated giving her true name, weighing the pros and cons.

She still had an innate preference for truthfulness, and she was increasingly certain that was a superior route in the long run. She'd seen numerous schemes fall apart as intricate webs of lies grew too convoluted to maintain. So ... if he figured out her split from the heavenly forces, she would not dispute it. Hmmm, should she even go so far as to tell him of it beforehand, to avoid any suspicions popping up in the future? Perhaps it would be worth the risk. While she had confidence in her protections against divinations, it was conceivable that he could learn of her through more mundane means, or perhaps by asking heavenly beings to ask around among themselves until it was discovered.

She would give her name, and assume he would discover her split with the celestial deities. If he didn't, then all the better.

Ruminations complete, she turned back to the magical construct, marveling again at her lover's genius as she began it's sending.

"Angel Izolas Beipanze. Complicated. Pelor cleric Azrath Smithson. Coming with companions. Powerful forces moving near you. Meeting about them. Meeting sooner is better. Tomorrow?"