New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1440
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ashourina! (In Character)

There was an icy bite to her words.

"You know, I've grown quite weary of Ashourina's kingdom becoming infested with spies and traitors.
    "No matter. Whatever agents you have within the walls of Grimmfell will be routed out and killed once our matter is settled. Perhaps I'll invest in stronger countermeasures... So that this might never happen again.

"As for Anna, I can assure you she is quite safe. The Queen gave me her word that no harm would come to her.

"It's none of your business regardless. The only reason you're even suggesting I fall from Ashourina's Grace is to preserve your own existence. Aren't you tired of living, old man?"
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ralidar laughs as he rises. "I haven't been living longer than you've been alive Cordelia. I just take pains to hide it.

"If I only wanted to 'preserve my own existence,' why would I return to Morvalent? I've spent decades avoiding Ashourina's eyes… No, it is time to take a stand. I was hoping open your eyes, but it took me many years to see."

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    Ralidar laughs as he rises. "I haven't been living longer than you've been alive Cordelia. I just take pains to hide it.

"If I only wanted to 'preserve my own existence,' why would I return to Morvalent? I've spent decades avoiding Ashourina's eyes… No, it is time to take a stand. I was hoping open your eyes, but it took me many years to see."

"I see just fine."

She drew her sword. "And I don't need your help."

​Initiative(1d20)[20]

Extended Sig.

Show

4. - Top - End - #1414

Ralidar is crestfallen, instinctively his hand falls to his hip, where it closes on thin air. He shifts his weight, as if ready to move at any moment should you approach. He is tense, but from how his eyes dart around, he looks worried. "If words fail, will you strike an unarmed man?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+24)[38], goes first and readies an action. You are like 5 ft away from him, but there is a table in the middle. I'll make the map soon, assuming you don't move somewhere else for your duel. Sorry for the long delay. This post could have happened earlier, although I've now finalized Ralidar's combat stats. Just as I did that, I realized he came unarmed.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Troll in the Playground

Cordelia lowered her blade slightly. "Ready yourself. I will wait."

Extended Sig.

Show

6. - Top - End - #1416

Ralidar nods and walks to the end of the tables as a shield appears in his hand. He motions for you to do the same as he turns around and walks backwards a few paces. He turns again as a sword appears in his hand, and with a nod, indicates he is ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two rounds pass, he no longer has a readied action and it is your turn.

I've added the map below the entrance hall here. Tables are two squares of movement, and provide cover if you aren't on one, and attacking someone on the other side. Standing on a table is higher ground.

You had a round of actions when he just had a shield, but moved to that position to cast another spell, move to mirror him, or other stuff like that.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldik contemplates to himself for a short time after Stilltongue leaves.
    "Of the means available to gathering information regarding Nerthakis and the Formian Queen, magical means of gathering information is not the only route. Contact Other Plane may be ideal in this situation, especially regarding the formian queen and the structure of her hive, if I use the proper questions. Nerthakis himself will be difficult considering that he is dead, and existing as a ghost. The form of the ghost not entirely different from my own, though his spirit anchored to The Grey via negative energy and strong emotions, rather than to a receptacle, though his remains are still a weakness that can be exploited."

He then turns, not caring how much time has passed. Rainbow light radiates from the area around him as he teleports to the area outside Stilltongue's monastery, passing through the front gates on foot in his normal slow and deliberate manner, his staff clinking on the ground with every couple of steps. He seeks out Stilltongue.

"I have some magical means for gathering information, but there is a slight risk in using it that the contact with a greater power of The Outer Planes will wrack my mind and render me incapable of operating in my capacity for a time. There are other means, however. As I stated before, we could attempt to investigate the resting place of Nerthakis' remains, which would give us leverage in nonviolent interactions. Also, anyone else who can give us information on either Nerthakis or The Formian Queen defending the Chalice could be interrogated. How would you like to proceed?"

Aldik waits, standing perfectly still, almost staring as his pinpoints of crimson flame do not shift from Stilltongue as if he is willing to wait forever for a response.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Ralidar nods and walks to the end of the tables as a shield appears in his hand. He motions for you to do the same as he turns around and walks backwards a few paces. He turns again as a sword appears in his hand, and with a nod, indicates he is ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two rounds pass, he no longer has a readied action and it is your turn.

I've added the map below the entrance hall here. Tables are two squares of movement, and provide cover if you aren't on one, and attacking someone on the other side. Standing on a table is higher ground.

You had a round of actions when he just had a shield, but moved to that position to cast another spell, move to mirror him, or other stuff like that.
    Cordelia's eyes gleamed. The battle would begin.

"Fight well."

Her wings unfurled, launching her into the air leaving wisps of wraith like smoke behind them. Almost as soon as she leaped, she descended, landing on one of the tables and slashing down upon her foe with unbridled fury.

Charge attack, Emulating Combat brute
    A(1d20+74)[76]
    D(1d8+78)[86]x2 valorous
    Crit Chance(1d20+74)[87]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[82]
    Cold(1d6)[6]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[6]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[58]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Extended Sig.

Show

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: The Monastery
    Show

Aldik arrives at a the front doors to the monastery, a stone building high in the mountains of Ashourizar, set into the mountain itself and only accessible via a narrow stone path. The front doors are shut.

Knowing that the Monastery is filled with traps, some powerful enough to pose a danger even to the archlich himself, Aldik uses the password given to him by Queen Ashourina that will open the doors and summon one of the Master Assassin's servants. Soon after, a shadesteel golem glides silently into view and after receiving instructions to fetch its master, it disappears back into the shadowed halls.

Eventually, Stilltongue makes his appearance, and after listening to Aldik, speaks.

"I have already interrogated the Lumi prisoner, whose mind is protected from magical probing... but perhaps your magic will prove strong enough."

It is clear from Stilltongue's tone that he does not think it likely.

"I leave the information gathering to you, Master Aldik."

Spoiler: Monastery Defenses
    Show
    The Monastery is guarded by numerous undead, most of whom were once monks living therein. Desecrate and forbiddance spells cover the entire area, and magical and mechanical traps are placed strategically throughout the inner chambers.
    Last edited by ValarMorgulis; 2017-01-28 at 12:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420

Ralidar grunts as your blow strikes his shield shoulder faster than he can raise his shield, although the cold and negative energy have no effect. "I can't say that you do." he retorts as he rises into the air, his sword dancing as he delivers five punishing blows, landing lightly on the high table.

Full Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First attack: (1d20+62)[79]
    Damage: (1d8+68)[74] and (2d6)[6] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).
    Second Attack: (1d20+62)[79]
    Damage: (1d8+68)[71] and (2d6)[7] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).
    Third Attack: (1d20+60)[78]
    Damage: (1d8+68)[70] and (2d6)[12] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).
    Fourth Attack:(1d20+58)[65]
    Damage: (1d8+68)[73] and (2d6)[7] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).
    Fifth Attack: (1d20+56)[66] (taking 10)
    Damage: (1d8+68)[75] and (2d6)[6] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).

Does wrathful healing trigger for non-living creatures? Your attack dealt 162 damage after mitigation for that matter.
    Last edited by rweird; 2017-01-29 at 11:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Troll in the Playground

Ralidar grunts as your blow strikes his shield shoulder faster than he can raise his shield, although the cold and negative energy have no effect. "I can't say that you do." he retorts as he rises into the air, his sword dancing as he delivers five punishing blows, landing lightly on the high table.

Full Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First attack: (1d100)[73]
    Damage: (1d100)[47] and (1d100)[96] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).
    Second Attack: (1d100)[5]
    Damage: (1d100)[15] and (1d20+71)[79] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).
    Third Attack: (1d8+83)[89]
    Damage: (1d20+71)[89] and (1d8+83)[84] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).
    Fourth Attack:(1d6)[1]
    Damage: (2d10)[13] and (1d20+42)[55] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).
    Fifth Attack: (1d20+56)[66] (taking 10)
    Damage: (1d20+71)[72] and (1d8+83)[87] magebane. Half of the damage is vile damage (round up).

Does wrathful healing trigger for non-living creatures? Your attack dealt 162 damage after mitigation for that matter.
    OOC:The description reads "Wielder is healed 50% of all damage the weapon deals." It doesn't specify if it is effective or ineffective against non-living creatures, so I can only assume it works dealing damage against non-living creatures.
    Also, miss chances by any chance? (1-50 miss)
    1(1d100)[73]
    (1d100)[47]
    (1d100)[96]
    (1d100)[5]
    (1d100)[15]

The vile magic seared her flesh as each strike cut her. It would be difficult to recover from this duel.

"You underestimate me."

It didn't take her long to catch up with him, and using the momentum from her initial assault for her next series of attacks.

"That is most unwise."

Attack 1
    A(1d20+71)[79]
    D(1d8+83)[89]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[89]
    Crit Damage(1d8+83)[84]
    Cold(1d6)[1]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[13]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[55]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 2
    A(1d20+71)[72]
    D(1d8+83)[87]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[85]
    Crit Damage(1d8+83)[88]
    Cold(1d6)[3]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[13]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[49]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 3
    A(1d20+71)[86]
    D(1d8+83)[84]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[90]
    Crit Damage(1d8+83)[85]
    Cold(1d6)[3]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[5]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[43]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 4
    A(1d20+66)[76]
    D(1d8+83)[91]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[82]
    Crit Damage(1d8+83)[91]
    Cold(1d6)[6]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[10]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[47]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 5
    A(1d20+66)[75]
    D(1d8+83)[91]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[72]
    Crit Damage(1d8+83)[87]
    Cold(1d6)[4]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[11]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[54]
    Inflict 1 negative level
    (just ignore the negative level thing.)

Extended Sig.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldik steps past Stilltongue, headed towards the prisoner. Once past, he stops and slowly turns his head to face Stilltongue, the vertebrae audibly grinding on each other as his head reaches an unnatural position somewhat behind him.

"Worry not, for unless there is an actual deity protecting the secrets in their mind, I will reach everything we need."

Aldik begins walking forward towards the dungeon, his head slowly returning back to its normal forward-facing position. The audible clink of metal on stone echoes down the hallway, as his staff strikes the stone with each step he takes. The prisoner has more than a few moments to contemplate what it is that comes for him before Aldik's presence becomes visible to the naked eye. A flesh-less skeleton, painted with arcane runes and adorned with magical embellishments and precious stones carries no expression. Only the pinpoints of crimson flame that shine from within his otherwise empty eye sockets indicate the nature of the thing as it stands before the prisoner, scrutinizing him with mundane and magical ability.

Spoiler: System
    Show

Manifest Analyze Dweomer, Psionic (-11 pp, Complete Psionic Pg 78)
    Concentration Check (Take 10) to suppress the Visual Display

UPPD: 4/11 (Psionic Analyze Dweomer, Inertial Armor, Psionic True Seeing, Energy Conversion)
    Power Points: 487/553 (88%)
    Last edited by Starmage21; 2017-01-30 at 10:22 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1423

Cordelia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ralidar parries your second blow but the others strike true, if not deeply, as he ignores the cold and negative energy, and shows little fear.

Spoiler
    Show
    2nd attack misses due to natural 1 (assuming you don't have a way to stop it. 140 damage dealt after his defenses for Wrathful healing and such). He can ignore the miss chance.

"I'd say I rather overestimated you Cordelia. I figured Ashourina's next champion would have a much easier time of killing me." Ralidar redoubles his attack, each blow striking with more force.

Full Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First Attack: (1d20+52)[53] (misses, natural 1)
    Damage: (1d8+78)[84] plus (2d6)[3] magebane.

Second Attack: (1d20+52)[65] (70, +5 to hit from dreadnought point)
    Damage: (1d8+78)[85] (90, +5 from dreadnought point) plus (2d6)[4] magebane.

Third Attack: (1d20+50)[60]
    Damage: (1d8+78)[80] plus (2d6)[10] magebane.

Fourth Attack: (1d20+48)[50]
    Damage: (1d8+78)[84] plus (2d6)[9] magebane.

Fifth Attack: (1d20+46)[56] (taking 10)
    Damage: (1d8+78)[86] plus (2d6)[7] magebane.

Half of all the damage is vile damage (round up).

Aldik:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Analyze Dweomer reveals nothing. Considering probe thoughts also failed, it is seems likely the Lumi has mind blank, or an effect that replicates it active.
    Last edited by rweird; 2017-02-03 at 06:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

Cordelia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ralidar parries your second blow but the others strike true, if not deeply, as he ignores the cold and negative energy, and shows little fear.

Spoiler
    Show
    2nd attack misses due to natural 1 (assuming you don't have a way to stop it. 140 damage dealt after his defenses for Wrathful healing and such). He can ignore the miss chance.

"I'd say I rather overestimated you Cordelia. I figured Ashourina's next champion would have a much easier time of killing me." Ralidar redoubles his attack, each blow striking with more force.

Full Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First Attack: (1d20+71)[81] (misses, natural 1)
    Damage: (1d8+78)[81] plus (1d20+71)[80] magebane.

Second Attack: (1d8+78)[84] (70, +5 to hit from dreadnought point)
    Damage: (1d6)[6] (90, +5 from dreadnought point) plus (2d10)[10] magebane.

Third Attack: (1d20+42)[61]
    Damage: (1d20+71)[80] plus (1d8+78)[82] magebane.

Fourth Attack: (1d20+71)[81]
    Damage: (1d8+78)[79] plus (1d6)[6] magebane.

Fifth Attack: (1d20+46)[56] (taking 10)
    Damage: (2d10)[14] plus (1d20+42)[60] magebane.

Half of all the damage is vile damage (round up).

Aldik:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Analyze Dweomer reveals nothing. Considering probe thoughts also failed, it is seems likely the Lumi has mind blank, or an effect that replicates it active.
    Cordelia deftly parried the first attack, but could not avoid the other four.

"We've- hnn... only just started.

"You in some hurry to die?"

She had to admit to herself that his attacks were weakening her significantly. Vile magic was beginning to seep in, preventing even Soulfang's enchantments from healing her entirely. But she wasn't willing to back down. She was enjoying the challenge.

OOC : Keep attacking.

Attack 1
    A(1d20+71)[81]
    D(1d8+78)[81]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[80]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[84]
    Cold(1d6)[6]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[10]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[61]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 2
    A(1d20+71)[80]
    D(1d8+78)[82]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[81]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[79]
    Cold(1d6)[6]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[14]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[60]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 3
    A(1d20+71)[88]
    D(1d8+78)[81]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[82]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[81]
    Cold(1d6)[1]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[7]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[58]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 4
    A(1d20+66)[81]
    D(1d8+78)[81]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[82]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[81]
    Cold(1d6)[6]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[16]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[50]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 5
    A(1d20+66)[85]
    D(1d8+78)[81]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[67]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[86]
    Cold(1d6)[4]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[15]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[43]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Extended Sig.

Show

15. - Top - End - #1425

Spoiler
    Show
    153 damage dealt.

"Alaina mentioned your fortitude, which is impressive."

Ralidar strikes again, faster than before and with greater might, a dark red aurora forming around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    First Attack: (1d20+42)[47]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[112] plus (2d6)[6] magebane
    Second Attack: (1d20+42)[60]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[113] plus (2d6)[6] magebane
    Third Attack: (1d20+42)[47]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[112] plus (2d6)[3] magebane
    Fourth Attack: (1d20+42)[46]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[111] plus (2d6)[11] magebane
    Fifth Attack: (1d20+40)[47]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[109] plus (2d6)[7] magebane
    Sixth Attack: (1d20+38)[41]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[113] plus (2d6)[4] magebane
    Seventh Attack: (1d20+36)[46] (taking ten)
    Damage: (1d8+107)[110] plus (2d6)[8] magebane

Half damage is vile (round up).

"Although you seem to neglect defense."

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Troll in the Playground

"Hhk-"

Cordelia took a direct hit across her side, causing her to bleed. "Pain is... unavoidable...

"... yet I will still outlast you..."

She raised her blade high. "I fear not death or pain..."

She attacked, "I bring them with me!"

Attack 1
    A(1d20+71)[85]
    D(1d8+78)[86]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[91]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[82]
    Cold(1d6)[6]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[11]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[49]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 2
    A(1d20+71)[84]
    D(1d8+78)[79]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[86]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[80]
    Cold(1d6)[4]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[6]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[53]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 3
    A(1d20+71)[81]
    D(1d8+78)[80]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[85]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[81]
    Cold(1d6)[3]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[10]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[58]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 4
    A(1d20+66)[83]
    D(1d8+78)[85]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[78]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[85]
    Cold(1d6)[3]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[11]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[43]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 5
    A(1d20+66)[77]
    D(1d8+78)[82]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[76]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[81]
    Cold(1d6)[1]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[16]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[57]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Extended Sig.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1427

Ralidar seems winded and weakened at your next series of blows. His clothing is torn, and flesh open, although he does not bleed. Nevertheless, he presses his attack

Spoiler
    Show
    (156 damage after mitigation)

Attack 1: (1d20+42)[50]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[112] plus (2d6)[5] magebane
    Attack 2: (1d20+42)[61]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[111] plus (2d6)[6] magebane
    Attack 3: (1d20+40)[42]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[108] plus (2d6)[2] magebane
    Attack 4: (1d20+38)[48]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[115] plus (2d6)[11] magebane
    Attack 5: (1d20+36)[50]
    Damage: (1d8+107)[113] plus (2d6)[9] magebane

Half damage is vile damage.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

Cordelia takes a severe blow to her leg, causing her to stagger. In his attack he managed to knock the mask off of her face. Despite her apparent weariness, she defiantly continued on, determined to slay her enemy. "HRAH!"

Attack 1A(1d20+71)[79]
    D(1d8+78)[85]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[77]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[79]
    Cold(1d6)[5]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[19]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[62]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 2
    A(1d20+71)[88]
    D(1d8+78)[80]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[87]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[84]
    Cold(1d6)[4]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[8]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[51]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 3
    A(1d20+71)[86]
    D(1d8+78)[84]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[85]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[82]
    Cold(1d6)[2]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[11]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[54]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 4
    A(1d20+66)[79]
    D(1d8+78)[82]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[83]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[83]
    Cold(1d6)[1]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[9]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[51]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 5
    A(1d20+66)[83]
    D(1d8+78)[86]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[76]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[83]
    Cold(1d6)[6]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[8]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[57]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Extended Sig.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldik:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show

Manifest Shatter Mind Blank (-9 pp)
    Concentration Check (Take 10) to suppress the Olfactory Display
    Will Save DC 29
    (1d20+20)[35] vs DC 11+(CL)

UPPD: 5/11 (Psionic Analyze Dweomer, Inertial Armor, Psionic True Seeing, Energy Conversion, Shatter Mind Blank)
    Power Points: 478/553 (86%)

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

Feeling the strength behind the protections keeping even powers specialized at removing such defenses at bay, Aldik realizes he may not be dealing with the typical run-of-the-mill fodder he has encountered as of late. He taps his staff upon the stone of the dungeon twice, turns around and begins to leave the room. As he passes into the hallway, he utters a barely pronounceable phrase comes hissing forth from Aldik's deep raspy voice, and a white flash washes over everything in the dungeon. Immediately thereafter Aldik's eyes flash with white fire and rainbow light fills the area around him as he returns to the dungeon, his eyes focused intently on the prisoner for more than a short time as he digs deep into his mind, looking for the answers Stilltongue seeks.

Show

Cast Mage's Disjunction
    - Aldik leaving the room is all the protection he needs to keep from disjoining himself. Its a 40ft radius burst
    Manifest Read Thoughts (-3 PP)
    Manifest Mind Probe (-9 PP)
    Manifest Metafaculty (-17 PP)

UPPD: 8/11 (Psionic Analyze Dweomer, Inertial Armor, Psionic True Seeing, Energy Conversion, Shatter Mind Blank, Mind Probe, Read Thoughts, Metafaculty)
    Power Points: 449/553 (82%)

21. - Top - End - #1431

Spoiler
    Show
    158 damage after mitigation.

Ralidar is obviously on his last legs now. He drops his sword and lunges for your throat with his outstretched hand, attempting to rip it out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Slam attack: (1d20+56) [66] (taking ten)
    Damage: (18d6+316)[382] and three negative levels. If it his, he attempts to grapple with Improved Grab.
    Grapple Check: (1d20+53)[55]
    If successful, it deals an additional (6d6+79)[99] damage.

Half damage, rounded up, is vile.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Troll in the Playground

Opposed grapple (1d20+47)[65]

Extended Sig.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

The armor protected her from the necromancy of his attack, but Ralidar's grip was strong. "Gh-"

Most mortals would give in to despair and let go of life at this moment. But the Lady of the Black Rose was not most mortals, and she had no intention of dying today.

Her wings expanded, forcing Ralidar forward enough so that she could kick him away, breaking the grapple. She landed a few feet away.

Her faith was tested today. Too many times she knew failure. Too many times she succumbed to her weakness. Would her will be broken now, at this moment? Has she forgotten why she serves Ashourina?

"..."

"...no."

Her stance was broken, and she stood upright. "I serve you, my Queen.

"I will prove that I am your strongest champion."

She raised her sword, the area around her crackled with energy as she called upon the blessing of Ashourina the Immortal.
    "I will not fail!"

OOC: Casting Miracle to restore all of my health. I'll leave it up to the DM to determine if it clears up Vile damage as well.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2017-02-24 at 05:19 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

24. - Top - End - #1434

Ashourina's blessing washes over you, cleansing your body and soul. "I was unaware you had a choice in the matter." Ralidar lunges for your throat again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same deal as before.

Attack (1d20+46) is a 56 from Ralidar taking 10 (he is power attacking some this time)
    Damage: (18d6+356)[414]
    If it hits, he attempts to grapple via improved grab. Grapple Check: (1d20+53)[58]
    If the grapple check is successful, he deals (6d6+89)[113] damage.

Half of all damage rounded up is vile damage.

For your grapple bonus, +47 is your base bonus to hit. It has a +6 miscellaneous bonus. I assume it is from Divine Favor (+3 luck to attack and damage) and Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (+3 morale on melee attack and damage, and an additional attack as per Haste), although I don't think any of those boost grapple checks. I remember you normally persisted Divine Favor, and with DMM, you could very well also have persisted Righteous Wrath of the Faithful. Myth-weavers doesn't have a place to calculate grapple bonuses on their own (to my knowledge).

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

Ashourina's blessing washes over you, cleansing your body and soul. "I was unaware you had a choice in the matter." Ralidar lunges for your throat again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same deal as before.

Attack (1d20+46) is a 56 from Ralidar taking 10 (he is power attacking some this time)
    Damage: (1d20+71)[88]
    If it hits, he attempts to grapple via improved grab. Grapple Check: (1d8+78)[84]
    If the grapple check is successful, he deals (1d20+71)[85] damage.

Half of all damage rounded up is vile damage.

For your grapple bonus, +47 is your base bonus to hit. It has a +6 miscellaneous bonus. I assume it is from Divine Favor (+3 luck to attack and damage) and Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (+3 morale on melee attack and damage, and an additional attack as per Haste), although I don't think any of those boost grapple checks. I remember you normally persisted Divine Favor, and with DMM, you could very well also have persisted Righteous Wrath of the Faithful. Myth-weavers doesn't have a place to calculate grapple bonuses on their own (to my knowledge).
    OOC: Guess you're right. I can't seem to find anything else to add bonuses to grapple. (something I might want to think about in the future). That means I'd have to roll a 17 or higher to beat him in this grapple... odds I don't really like.

Still... I don't have to like them. I can just use Supreme Combat focus and take 20 on my opposed grapple for a result of 61.

Ralidar's grip was upon her again, double in strength and effort. But Cordelia endured.

"To serve... is a choice."

She quickly struck his arm away, resuming her unrelenting attack.

Attack 1
    A(1d20+71)[88]
    D(1d8+78)[84]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[85]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[80]
    Cold(1d6)[1]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[14]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[53]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 2
    A(1d20+71)[91]
    D(1d8+78)[86]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[75]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[84]
    Cold(1d6)[1]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[14]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[56]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 3
    A(1d20+71)[82]
    D(1d8+78)[79]
    Crit Chance(1d20+71)[83]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[80]
    Cold(1d6)[2]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[9]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[60]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 4
    A(1d20+66)[79]
    D(1d8+78)[79]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[75]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[81]
    Cold(1d6)[3]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[4]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[47]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Attack 5
    A(1d20+66)[80]
    D(1d8+78)[86]
    Crit Chance(1d20+66)[76]
    Crit Damage(1d8+78)[85]
    Cold(1d6)[3]
    Icy Burst(2d10)[7]
    Intimidate(1d20+42)[50]
    Inflict 1 negative level

Extended Sig.

Show

26. - Top - End - #1436

Spoiler
    Show
    156 damage.

Your blade slashes into Ralidar again and again. A blood-like mist seeps out of the wounds and seems to help hold him together. He lunges, this time for your heart, his hand slipping through your armor like a ghost.

"Not the right one."

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (taking 10) 41
    Damage: (18d6+556)[619]
    If hits, grapple attempt: (1d20+53)[67]
    If grapple is successful, he deals an additional (6d6+104)[123] damage

Half damage is vile (rounded up)

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Grapple (1d20+42)[54]

Extended Sig.

Show

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

Cordelia seethed with pain. "Hhnnn...!"

At that moment, Ralidar finally had her by the throat. An unpleasant circumstance, and one she would not tolerate long. Divine power flowed through her again, freeing her from his grasp. With her wings she fell back, composing herself.
    (Concentration? (1d20+44)[50])
    (casting freedom of movement)

With her wings she fell back, composing herself.
    "huff... huff... huff..."

She smiled. "Heh... I guess that depends on where you're standing.

She stanced. "I for one am enjoying this particular mission. It's been far too long since I had any real challenge."

OOC: moved my character back some distance away. Check the map
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2017-02-26 at 07:50 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1439

Ralidar pauses. The red mist recedes as his wounds close to scars. The mist is still visible in his eyes though.

"I never enjoyed senseless violence. I suppose that's while you'll best me."

He sweeps past you and literally through the door, despite it being closed.

"Come," he calls through the door. "I have one more thing to show you before I die."

Spoiler
    Show
    Harm SLA on himself and moving out of the room. He has a high enough tumble to not take an AoO from going through your threatened area, and could easily go around, but I feel this description is more thematic.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

Cordelia flew after him, hacking through the door with little effort.

Sunder (1d8+78)[85], ignore hardness and DR

Extended Sig.

Show