New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Is anyone still playing pokemon go?

The only person I know that still plays is my eldery aunt.

It's really weird seeing her beign so knowledgeable about pokemon.

She really loves her Ninetails named Viscount. ^^
    Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2018-02-13 at 12:53 PM.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Does anyone still play pokemon go?

I do! The gym rework and raiding helped make me more of a hardcore player, as well as resolving issues with playing on my phone.

I'm a dedicated player and usually play about an hour every day. My walk to work is half a mile and takes me about 10-15 minutes, so that's time I spend playing Pokemon Go. I also go out at lunch to do a Legendary Raid, which takes another half an hour.

My goal is to get a full regional living pokedex as well as a good selection of powerful Pokemon to take down gyms and raid bosses. I have two Mew Twos and a bunch of all the legendaries.

I sometimes play at odd hours, like walking my neighborhood past midnight to clear some gyms and get my walking exercise in (I live in a dense suburban neighborhood which is very safe, with a couple of gyms on the corners across the street from my house).

I play mostly Hearthstone and Pokemon Go now on my phone, so I tell my brother before I leave the house "If I die, tell my kids that I died doing what I loved: playing children's games on my phone"

Edit: And in the raid groups in my area, there's probably 2-3 teens who play the game. Most of the people who gather up for these raids are professionals who grew up with the Pokemon games and TV show. There are also some more elderly people, but most of the players demographically are in their 20s and 30s. To be fair, raids in a suburban area requires a car to drive from raid to raid, so kids have trouble keeping up unless they're raiding as a family.
    Last edited by Joran; 2018-02-13 at 01:00 PM.