New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Civ 5 mutliplayer GMR 14 On the Euro

Spoiler: Huns
    Show
    Greetings from Aleph Complex. Our esteemed council member, Gustavus Ad-U-FUS, has accepted your offer of shared embassies. We hope this meeting is the sign of future prosperity.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Show
    Greetings from Aleph Complex. Our esteemed council member, Gustavus Ad-U-FUS, has accepted your offer of shared embassies. We hope this meeting is the sign of future prosperity.
    Spoiler: Sweden
    Show
    Greetings! We require your strongest ale and most beautiful women!

Edit: is it just me, or is the GMR site down?
    Last edited by OrcusMcP; 2016-02-07 at 09:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

The domain name appears to have expired.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

You can access turns through 191.239.32.133

5. - Top - End - #215
    Colossus in the Playground

It appears to be back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Aleph Complex is willing to answer your requests, though we ask what we might receive from you in return.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Heads up, I will likely have no access to the internet over the weekend and am in a bit of a bad position for vacation mode. Think we could lengthen the turn timer for the weekend? If it turns out that I do have access, I will take my turn as quickly as possible.

8. - Top - End - #218

Heads up, I will likely have no access to the internet over the weekend and am in a bit of a bad position for vacation mode. Think we could lengthen the turn timer for the weekend? If it turns out that I do have access, I will take my turn as quickly as possible.
    Assuming no one protests, I extended the turn timer to 3 days.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

[my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibrary

nooooooooo]
    Last edited by Ryuho Tsugu; 2016-02-12 at 05:45 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

You could probably restore the timer to 1 day now, Ilven.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Indeed. Thanks for lengthening the timer for me.

Show
    Aleph Complex is looking to facilitate development of future sectors and wishes to know if your noble people have laid claim to the lands east of your great court. Prior to our historic meeting, the Complex had sought to establish a south-eastern presence.

12. - Top - End - #222

This is what I get for not sleeping well the previous night!

Turn timer edited back to a day.

13. - Top - End - #223

Indeed. Thanks for lengthening the timer for me.

Show
    Aleph Complex is looking to facilitate development of future sectors and wishes to know if your noble people have laid claim to the lands east of your great court. Prior to our historic meeting, the Complex had sought to establish a south-eastern presence.
    Show
    Attila lays claim to all he sees, but for now we may consider the mountains between us as a natural border. Anything on our side of the mountains is considered Hunnic property.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Aleph Complex wishes to confirm with the great Attila which mountains he refers to. We have sent our foremost cartographer to ensure we prevent miscommunications.

We wish to confirm that Attila is graciously considering the lands north of the three peaks in our first map and northeast of the mountains in our second to be acceptable.

15. - Top - End - #225

Show
    Aleph Complex wishes to confirm with the great Attila which mountains he refers to. We have sent our foremost cartographer to ensure we prevent miscommunications.

We wish to confirm that Attila is graciously considering the lands north of the three peaks in our first map and northeast of the mountains in our second to be acceptable.
    Show
    You are correct. Do not mistake this for generosity, though. As mentioned, Attila lays claim to all he sees.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The turn I just took may need to be reverted; the desktop client threw up an error when I tried to submit it, but the turn order advanced anyway.]

17. - Top - End - #227

Okay, That one hawk can do that. Or ask me to do so.

18. - Top - End - #228

Orcus. I think you ended up, uploading 10's game to this one. So I had to revert.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Orcus. I think you ended up, uploading 10's game to this one. So I had to revert.
    Oops, sorry about that.

20. - Top - End - #230

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

In the year 2260 BC, the Siam people constructed a great temple to the goddess of the hunt.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Iroquois
    Show
    Greetings, friends. Gustavus Ad-U-FUS wishes to welcome you to our fellowship. He regrets to inform you that all paperwork involving your official invites to our capital sector have been lost amid the other writings. However, Aleph Complex is still open to the thought of trading embassies.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Greeting! It's with warm wishes that we extend a hand of friendship with the people of Sweden. We shall also figure out how to fix this clerical error.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

23. - Top - End - #233

Had to stop myself from opening that, Silverraptor.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Had to stop myself from opening that, Silverraptor.
    Oh? And what made you want to open it to begin with, England(8)/Siam?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2016-02-24 at 09:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Oh? And what made you want to open it to begin with, England(8)/Siam?
    I was Sweden in 7.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

I was Sweden in 7.
    Ah. Okay.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Spectator update time!

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    When last we saw the Byzantine Empire, the game had just kicked off. Here's how things are progressing!

... kind of slowly. But that's par for the course in the early game.

I started off with Tradition, as I don't expect to have much opportunity to expand with this many players, but almost immediately made a slight detour into Piety in order to grab a pantheon more quickly. I feel like that may be a bad idea in the long term, but my civilization's unique ability is completely dependent on founding a religion, so I am going to want faith.

Given that all my starting location really has going for it is a pile of sea resources, I've decided to to try and capitalize on those. Dance of the Aurora was also a possibility, but someone else took it before I got the chance - probably just as well, since my current territory doesn't have more than a few workable tiles. It'd get me a lot of faith later on, but the early game is when it's really nice.

I am making a beeline for Optics, in order to grab lighthouses ASAP. +2 food, +1 production is a pretty fair boost all on its own; +1 food and +1 production to all those whales also makes it a steal. Once I've got that and a few fishing boats built, I should have a pretty strong capital for the early game.

This looks like a promising area for my second city (and maybe even my third). New luxury, plenty of sea resources, not too far away. Still no real clue where I am in pseudo-Europe.

My scouting party is currently bogged down fighting off hostile natives; fortunately, they found a cache of bows in an ancient ruin. If they survive, there's another ruin a little ways to the southeast, just across the channel from my capital.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2016-02-27 at 03:56 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Turn 30 Spectator update
    Show

So, on the plus side, we have proper coast, which should make expansion easier. Annoyingly, I've been pantheon sniped twice in a row now (i.ee someone else founds a pantheon one turn before I hit the faith required for that) but hopefully that will stop happening soon.

29. - Top - End - #239

Spoiler: Spectator bonus update
    Show

We are told by the will of the gods, that another civilization worships a servant in the divine bureaucracy.

Our warriors recruit from the savages of the wilds. As they wait for the Orcs to tire themselves out.

And our work band and their guard moves to improve the silver.

And the scouts engage the green skins!

Our tech tree ladies and gentlemen.

Maps of our capital.

Still going through tradition.

Best and worst in nothing!
    Last edited by Illven; 2016-06-09 at 09:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

I added the gentlemenly diplomacy rules to the first post, as people seemed in agreement of them.