New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: RWBY VII: Winter is coming

RWBY is one of the top "anime" in the US. It has topped charts on Crunchyroll, and probably also Netflix and Xbox, I wouldn't say it's "a cheap little project" to an anime VA.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2015-12-14 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

2. - Top - End - #482
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    RWBY is one of the top "anime" in the US. It has topped charts on Crunchyroll, and probably also Netflix and Xbox, I wouldn't say it's "a cheap little project" to an anime VA.
    *makes grabby hands for a link that shows this*

Not that I don't believe you, I'm just saying this isn't like someone saying "hey wanna do a voice on One Punch Man?"

This is definitely an "indie title" to use game terms. That's all I mean.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-12-14 at 07:42 PM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Remember, this is Vic Mignogna we're talking about. I recall him doing a cameo for Bennett the Sage's Anime Abandon show on Channel Awesome, along with YGOTAS. He is completely willing to do obscure (to the mainstream at least) side projects if he likes the material enough. I could see him expressing genuine interest back when the series was little more than a RT tech demo, to say nothing of the two year's worth of mass exposure RWBY has gotten since then.

Also

Spoiler: V3E6
    Show
    I'm not quite sure Ironwood's bit about aura transfer implies horrific/evil human experimentation with cackling mad scientists. There are other possible explanations, most notably the cliche of "Penny" actually being her creator's biological daughter who was put into a coma or had a terminal disease or something similar.

Also, given Atlas's apparently hyper-militarized mindset and the potential of the project, I could see honest volunteers. Its not much different than what Ozpin & co are asking of Pyrrha after all, and in a world (supposedly) beset by an existential threat, self-sacrifice in the name of military might is hardly unthinkable. Hell, Ironwood probably would call it "The Ultimate Sacrifice".

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm a little bit late to the party, but here is some stuff:
    Spoiler: S3E6, I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well I saw the episode. Thoughts on it are here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=303

Anyway, here are some things I can leave this thread.
    Spoiler: V3C6
    Show
    I sure hope Cinder didn't need Mercury for anything because he just got his knee shotgunned. Dude's not fighting...ever, ever again. He's lucky the leg is attached. Still no blood so maybe the shot isn't that bad?

I don't like the MAiden-Power thing. I think this is still a valid thing to say in this thread, but I feel it is too much. What differentiates it from the Aura power at all? I want to know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Show
    Whole Lee Boop. That ending. So many unanswered questions. I need to know more. Why did you have to end it there? WHY???

Mercury Black is either taking a dive and completely faking the injury, or he's taking one for the team and the plan was always to have a teammate replace him in the finals.

What's going to happen to Yang now? Will the judges believe her? Will the world believe her (this was, after all, shown in a huge packed stadium and broadcast to all of the kingdoms)? Will her teammates believe her?

Got to hand it to Cinder & Co., that was a very good way to cause mass negative feelings (fear, disgust, doubt, hatred) across the entire population. 1) You have a huge stadium packed to the brim with people who are all in a close location together and seeing it in person. 2) It is being broadcast to everyone in the kingdom (and the other kingdoms).

The local population, including Ruby and her teammates (remember Ruby talking to Penny about War and Peace?) seem completely unaware that war is brewing, this means that it is most likely being covered up. Fights with the White Fang, the Paladins, and stuff like train bombs can be contained. This cannot.
    That no blood thing is key. I would argue that even the exceptional first year students of Beacon are not going to be better than the above average graduates of beacon, we see team coffee and the professors (and doctor, he didn't earn it for fun) kicking butt at a higher level than RWBY does, Coco solos a deathstalker and 3 bird thingies in about 3 seconds and she is only a second year, thats a pretty big improvement over RWBY and JNPR barely managing against one of each with all 7 of them and Jaune. With Mercury being one of the upper level baddies, I feel comfortable assuming he has at least had the equivalent of the 4 year beacon program. This is important as the skill jump between a 1st and 2nd year student is big, how much bigger would the difference be between a 1st year Yang and a presumably graduated and experienced Mercury. He figured out Pyrrha in a brief spar and as strong as Yang is, her face isn't on cereal boxes. Mercury spent the fight in complete control. We know that the system was hacked by Cinder to be able to control the match ups. It doesn't seem like it would be a stretch for the aurameter on the screen to have a manual control as well. This would allow Mercury to throw the fight without people wondering why he still had aura left, as everyone thought he was done. At this point, he can take a shot to the knee and have his aura protect him, but taking the dive for the crowd to frame Yang.
    Further evidence (albeit circumstantial) of the whole taking a dive thing can be found in mercury's question of "why'd she attack me?" when (from personal experience as both the injured person and as the first responder) the thing he should be saying after that type of injury is "AAAAAAAAGH"

Edit: fixed spoiler to s3e6, not s2
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2015-12-15 at 10:19 PM.
    Long-form Sig

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    I'm a little bit late to the party, but here is some stuff:
    Spoiler: S2E6, I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
    Show

That no blood thing is key. I would argue that even the exceptional first year students of Beacon are not going to be better than the above average graduates of beacon, we see team coffee and the professors (and doctor, he didn't earn it for fun) kicking butt at a higher level than RWBY does, Coco solos a deathstalker and 3 bird thingies in about 3 seconds and she is only a second year, thats a pretty big improvement over RWBY and JNPR barely managing against one of each with all 7 of them and Jaune. With Mercury being one of the upper level baddies, I feel comfortable assuming he has at least had the equivalent of the 4 year beacon program. This is important as the skill jump between a 1st and 2nd year student is big, how much bigger would the difference be between a 1st year Yang and a presumably graduated and experienced Mercury. He figured out Pyrrha in a brief spar and as strong as Yang is, her face isn't on cereal boxes. Mercury spent the fight in complete control. We know that the system was hacked by Cinder to be able to control the match ups. It doesn't seem like it would be a stretch for the aurameter on the screen to have a manual control as well. This would allow Mercury to throw the fight without people wondering why he still had aura left, as everyone thought he was done. At this point, he can take a shot to the knee and have his aura protect him, but taking the dive for the crowd to frame Yang.
    Further evidence (albeit circumstantial) of the whole taking a dive thing can be found in mercury's question of "why'd she attack me?" when (from personal experience as both the injured person and as the first responder) the thing he should be saying after that type of injury is "AAAAAAAAGH"
    Show

The problem with this is the fact that the big wavy effect on Mercury implies his Aura did run out, and the fact that if he's not actually bleeding, and thus not actually hurt...they should notice that and release a statement that quiets everyone down.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

Show

The problem with this is the fact that the big wavy effect on Mercury implies his Aura did run out, and the fact that if he's not actually bleeding, and thus not actually hurt...they should notice that and release a statement that quiets everyone down.
    Spoiler: S3E6 Maybe he did maybe he didn't
    Show
    The aura shattering effect could be faked by the same illusion that suggested Mercury was about to attack Yang though. However, I don't think RWBY has blood simply because RT self-consciously chose to make the show appropriate for a younger audience.

If you'd like, Yang's dust bullets are basically fire balls, perhaps they scorch and cauterize the wound rather than simply puncture.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

7. - Top - End - #487

Spoiler: S3E6 Maybe he did maybe he didn't
    Show
    The aura shattering effect could be faked by the same illusion that suggested Mercury was about to attack Yang though. However, I don't think RWBY has blood simply because RT self-consciously chose to make the show appropriate for a younger audience.

If you'd like, Yang's dust bullets are basically fire balls, perhaps they scorch and cauterize the wound rather than simply puncture.
    Show
    Yes, a show appropriate for younger audiences. On a site where half the jokes of their main show are "**** man we **** **** balls fart."

And there has been blood before in Weiss' trailer. What makes Mercury's case so special that they can't show blood assuming Yang's shot was with a shotgun blast. At least make his leg look broken if the injuries are internal. All this COULD be pointing towards a scenario where it's all faked by Neo, but then what do the people who are observing this say? There is no blood and his leg is actually fine, ergo his aura was probably fine and the arena's systems glitched, so Yang didn't do anything wrong. They'd issue a statement and then no one would be upset about what Yang did anymore.

The only way this plan makes sense if is Mercury actually got maimed for real.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Show
    so Yang didn't do anything wrong.
    Show
    The fight was OVER. Mercury was just standing there not threatening anyone. Yang attacked him for no reason.

No matter how injured or not injured Mercury is, no one can claim that Yang didn't do anything wrong with the evidence presented.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #489
    Firbolg in the Playground

Show
    The talk of blood just reminds me of how I was disappointed that nothing ever happened with how blood worked in the first trailer. But yeah, I'd say there is no blood because there is no blood.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-12-15 at 10:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

10. - Top - End - #490

NecromancerGuy

Show

Yes, a show appropriate for younger audiences. On a site where half the jokes of their main show are "**** man we **** **** balls fart."

And there has been blood before in Weiss' trailer. What makes Mercury's case so special that they can't show blood assuming Yang's shot was with a shotgun blast. At least make his leg look broken if the injuries are internal. All this COULD be pointing towards a scenario where it's all faked by Neo, but then what do the people who are observing this say? There is no blood and his leg is actually fine, ergo his aura was probably fine and the arena's systems glitched, so Yang didn't do anything wrong. They'd issue a statement and then no one would be upset about what Yang did anymore.

The only way this plan makes sense if is Mercury actually got maimed for real.
    I will readily concede the point that there has been no blood in the show other than white trailer, but I don't think that the statement that Mercury wasn't hurt would actually help much. The only things on the field are the combat droids, the combatants (injured and surrounded by droids) and Emerald (who would be helping to sell the illusion in the first place. The EMTs that would see the lack of injury (clothes cover a lot of stuff) and start to question what happened aren't there yet to release a statement, and even if they were, the crowd still thinks she *tried* to knee-cap him. I'm not about to forgive someone that tried to hurt a downed opponent just because they didn't actually succeed. My reaction to a kneecapping vs an attempted kneecapping is the same, have the perp arrested, the difference comes when they get charged for assault (threat) or for battery (actually hurting them).

I didn't notice a wavy effect when I watched the end of the fight again, was it when Yang defended herself or when she knee-capped him as he was down?

I don't really like the cauterization answer for lack of blood, bullets travel so fast[1] that they wouldn't have time for the heat transfer to happen at the skin level before they are deeper in the tissue. They could potentially cauterize the area around where they stop and stop you from bleeding out like that, but the skin bleeds a fair amount, especially when your heart rate is up (such as right after a fight). Overall, I feel a much better explanation for the lack of blood is that it is an artistic choice that RoosterTeeth has made for the show. As Milo v3 said, "there is no blood because there is no blood."
    Long-form Sig

11. - Top - End - #491

Spoiler: S3E6
    Show
    So, overall a very good episode from my stance. It finally does something that I think the world of RWBY needed. Actual myths. Not just origin myths, but other myths as well. It adds depth to the world and makes it more interesting. Though, I wonder who the old man is?

Also, Yang gets framed hard. Man people just get bent out of shape over sports, don't they?
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon D20: A system designed for adventuring in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

The Review/Analysis Thread: In-depth reviews of various games and RPG products.

The New/Redone Monsters Thread: Taking bad or bland monsters and making them more interesting and challenging.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Realms of Myth: In the world of monsters, Winda and Wynn go on an "epic" journey to find the legendary Dark Magician.

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Madoka and Kingdom Hearts.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    Show
    I didn't notice a wavy effect when I watched the end of the fight again, was it when Yang defended herself or when she knee-capped him as he was down?

I don't really like the cauterization answer for lack of blood, bullets travel so fast that they wouldn't have time for the heat transfer to happen at the skin level before they are deeper in the tissue. They could potentially cauterize the area around where they stop and stop you from bleeding out like that, but the skin bleeds a fair amount, especially when your heart rate is up (such as right after a fight).
    Spoiler: V3E6 Magic
    Show
    Its dust bullets. We see Yang's bullets travel slow and have a big burning effect. However, I'm doing high theorycrafting here. I readily think that the lack of blood is partly an artistic decision and partly technical limitations. I recall the commentary in season 1 actually drew attention to this and said "aura" was actually developed to explain why no one ever bleeds or loses limbs and so on.

So first, came no blood, then aura. However, I find it hard to believe Mercury would take one for the team like that. I think the whole thing is fake. Including the aura shattering effect that totally happened when Yang hit Mercury and he was knocked back by the blow just before the fight was called (I watched it again to confirm).

13. - Top - End - #493

Show
    Its dust bullets. We see Yang's bullets travel slow and have a big burning effect. However, I'm doing high theorycrafting here. I readily think that the lack of blood is partly an artistic decision and partly technical limitations. I recall the commentary in season 1 actually drew attention to this and said "aura" was actually developed to explain why no one ever bleeds or loses limbs and so on.

So first, came no blood, then aura. However, I find it hard to believe Mercury would take one for the team like that. I think the whole thing is fake. Including the aura shattering effect that totally happened when Yang hit Mercury and he was knocked back by the blow just before the fight was called (I watched it again to confirm).
    Show

It's also possible he was ordered to just wait and see what happens after the fight and since he trusted Cinder he got his leg blown out. I actually think it would be kind of funny if Mercury did legitimately get taken out because of Cinder's plan.

That being said, what exactly is the difference between a dust bullet and a regular bullet? All a dust bullet is a bullet propelled by dust instead of gunpowder. The state of Mercury's leg depends on if Yang was using slugs or shotgun shells, and to me it looks like she was using shotguns.

14. - Top - End - #494

Show

Show

It's also possible he was ordered to just wait and see what happens after the fight and since he trusted Cinder he got his leg blown out. I actually think it would be kind of funny if Mercury did legitimately get taken out because of Cinder's plan.

That being said, what exactly is the difference between a dust bullet and a regular bullet? All a dust bullet is a bullet propelled by dust instead of gunpowder. The state of Mercury's leg depends on if Yang was using slugs or shotgun shells, and to me it looks like she was using shotguns.
    Show
    If what Yang saw was the illusion and what everyone else saw was real, then Yang didn't even hit Mercury's knee. It's close enough for him to take a dive while totally banging it on, though.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #495

Show
    If what Yang saw was the illusion and what everyone else saw was real, then Yang didn't even hit Mercury's knee. It's close enough for him to take a dive while totally banging it on, though.
    Show
    I'd need to look at the scene again but I'm pretty sure it still looks like she made contact.

16. - Top - End - #496

Show
    I'd need to look at the scene again but I'm pretty sure it still looks like she made contact.
    Show
    Yang saw a direct hit to the knee, the recording shows otherwise (higher and to the forearms). He still lands on it funny, though, enough to "twist" it.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Show

To me, it seems the illusions have an element of puppetry or mind control to them: Yang in the illusion turned around punched him in midair, while in reality she was just bending down and punching his leg.

Which to me supports the theory that Yang was the one under an illusion and not anyone else. Its much easier to do and has no cameras to potentially contradict what happened, plus its easier to control one person instead of many. you've got to admit, this is a smart move on their part if they actually did only put Yang under the illusion, and I don't see the evidence pointing the other way.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #498

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Show

To me, it seems the illusions have an element of puppetry or mind control to them: Yang in the illusion turned around punched him in midair, while in reality she was just bending down and punching his leg.

Which to me supports the theory that Yang was the one under an illusion and not anyone else. Its much easier to do and has no cameras to potentially contradict what happened, plus its easier to control one person instead of many. you've got to admit, this is a smart move on their part if they actually did only put Yang under the illusion, and I don't see the evidence pointing the other way.
    Show

I'd less call it a smart move and more "the only move" given what they wanted to happen, but yes it's almost certainly a case of Yang was illusioned into believing she was being attacked.

I disagree on the mind control/puppetry thing because at that point how do they ever lose with a power like that? Not even a writing thing, how do they screw up when Neo can literally control people's minds, in this setting, that well?

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Show

I'd less call it a smart move and more "the only move" given what they wanted to happen, but yes it's almost certainly a case of Yang was illusioned into believing she was being attacked.

I disagree on the mind control/puppetry thing because at that point how do they ever lose with a power like that? Not even a writing thing, how do they screw up when Neo can literally control people's minds, in this setting, that well?
    Show

I wouldn't call it full mind control, I said mind control/puppetry elements. its primarily an illusion yes, but those illusions are probably electric signals to the brain and there might be some nudging to make sure the outwards reaction doesn't completely match the in-illusion reaction. The reaction was determined primarily by Yang, to punch, but I think the reaction was more like.....redirected in a way to match what happened on the outside, see? a limited form of control.

I would be surprised if those brief illusions and limited control was all that the illusionist could do- other semblances don't seem to be much stronger.

I mean, how would it work if her outward actions completely matched the illusion? then she would just turn around and punch at something in midair for no reason, and everyone would be confused, that wouldn't fit the plan, therefore Neo or Emerald or whoever had to be able to do so limited control to make sure it looked like she bent down to do it. I guess you could argue that it would be more logical showing her punching him in the face or something but it might not have quite the same impact as trying to mean-spiritedly break the other person's primary weapon.

20. - Top - End - #500

Show

I wouldn't call it full mind control, I said mind control/puppetry elements. its primarily an illusion yes, but those illusions are probably electric signals to the brain and there might be some nudging to make sure the outwards reaction doesn't completely match the in-illusion reaction. The reaction was determined primarily by Yang, to punch, but I think the reaction was more like.....redirected in a way to match what happened on the outside, see? a limited form of control.

I would be surprised if those brief illusions and limited control was all that the illusionist could do- other semblances don't seem to be much stronger.

I mean, how would it work if her outward actions completely matched the illusion? then she would just turn around and punch at something in midair for no reason, and everyone would be confused, that wouldn't fit the plan, therefore Neo or Emerald or whoever had to be able to do so limited control to make sure it looked like she bent down to do it. I guess you could argue that it would be more logical showing her punching him in the face or something but it might not have quite the same impact as trying to mean-spiritedly break the other person's primary weapon.
    Show
    Maybe it's just me but it looks like her punchgun was aimed the exact same in both scenes.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Maybe it's just me but it looks like her punchgun was aimed the exact same in both scenes.
    Show

Thats my point? perhaps she can only control the parts Yang wasn't paying attention to: was only paying attention to the punch, not to how her torso was twisting around or something. Illusions aren't just sight, they can be touch and feel as well, and if you control what people FEEL, well you can control how they feel their limbs.

and by then, your basically controlling their brain signals. thing is, the brain is a very very complex machine. I doubt even a mind-controller would have total control of it in real-life. a lot of what it does is unconscious, complicated stuff for our conscious minds to control all at once, so its all wired to respond at level that even conscious thought is too slow to operate. if we didn't have such wiring, we'd have to consciously direct every single muscle we have just to get up in the morning.

so it would actually make a lot of sense if an illusionist/mind control couldn't fully control someone even if they're caught in their illusion- their illusion is presumably activated by their conscious thought and focus, so nowhere near fast enough for total control. the most realistic type of full body puppetry would be something like Shikamaru's shadow puppet jutsu that just makes them mirror your movements, because it seems to be overriding their unconscious system with yours but not really achieving any capability of doing anything different from what your doing with your own.

unless the controller person in question is something like some post-singularity AI whose processing speed is ridonkulous but thats edging into sci-fi territory.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-12-17 at 12:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #502

Show

Thats my point? perhaps she can only control the parts Yang wasn't paying attention to: was only paying attention to the punch, not to how her torso was twisting around or something. Illusions aren't just sight, they can be touch and feel as well, and if you control what people FEEL, well you can control how they feel their limbs.

and by then, your basically controlling their brain signals. thing is, the brain is a very very complex machine. I doubt even a mind-controller would have total control of it in real-life. a lot of what it does is unconscious, complicated stuff for our conscious minds to control all at once, so its all wired to respond at level that even conscious thought is too slow to operate. if we didn't have such wiring, we'd have to consciously direct every single muscle we have just to get up in the morning.

so it would actually make a lot of sense if an illusionist/mind control couldn't fully control someone even if they're caught in their illusion- their illusion is presumably activated by their conscious thought and focus, so nowhere near fast enough for total control. the most realistic type of full body puppetry would be something like Shikamaru's shadow puppet jutsu that just makes them mirror your movements, because it seems to be overriding their unconscious system with yours but not really achieving any capability of doing anything different from what your doing with your own.

unless the controller person in question is something like some post-singularity AI whose processing speed is ridonkulous but thats edging into sci-fi territory.
    Show

Uh...my comment was more of a "I don't think Yang's aim is different at all from what she thought it was" comment, which means I'm saying I don't think she was body controlled at all, just convinced to attack a spot that would hit Mercury while he was standing.

23. - Top - End - #503

Show

Uh...my comment was more of a "I don't think Yang's aim is different at all from what she thought it was" comment, which means I'm saying I don't think she was body controlled at all, just convinced to attack a spot that would hit Mercury while he was standing.
    Show
    She was even facing the same way (that is, away from Mercury), and turned into the punch.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Did nobody watch the livestream?

Spoiler: Livestream spoilers?
    Show

Important notes:

-You can still feel pain through Aura, you just don't take any damage
    -Confirmed each Faunus only has one animal feature. Blake does not have a tail. Those types of theories are dead
    -Some Semblances can be passive
    -Exploding Creeps are now called Critters from now on
    -RWBY is apparently being received well in Japan
    -Apparently Miles thinks the Finale, coming out on Valentine's Day, is appropriately scheduled. Make of that what you will.
    -New environments & Teams coming to Grimm Eclipse. Pics: http://imgur.com/a/apLHH

Shamelessly copied from here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/commen...am_discussion/

25. - Top - End - #505

Note from livestream:
    Volumes 1-3 is just the setup, we're still in Act 1.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Note from livestream:
    Volumes 1-3 is just the setup, we're still in Act 1.
    Haven't we been operating on that assumption? Sooner or later something was going to happen in Volume 3 that kicks off a full blown War and then the story is going to be about that war?

Of course, that may have just happened...

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

Haven't we been operating on that assumption? Sooner or later something was going to happen in Volume 3 that kicks off a full blown War and then the story is going to be about that war?

Of course, that may have just happened...
    If latest events are all it takes...well, I hope that's not the case, because by itself it's totally inadequate to that narrative burden, and Cinder has so many more strings to pull that there's no reason to stop here. In particular, we haven't even touched the Penny-bomb yet.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Bugbear in the Playground

(Bit of a thread-hop, sorry, but can't read all 500+ posts tonight >.O)
    Show
    I've got to admit, I'm still kind of baffled as to how Yang hit Mercury at all; once she's snapped out of the illusion, she's clearly a minimum of ~3 metres from him, since the robots are able to completely surround her without Mercury/Emerald being in the shot, and nothing on-screen showed that she had moved from the spot where she had punched him.

... and she turned around and started walking away from him. Did the illusion somehow start before the fight actually ended, or what? Because when the fight ended, she was already a good distance away from him, and she turned and left. How on Earth (Remnant, whatever) did she walk past him to punchshoot the kneeling Mercury in the leg without him moving from the spot that was somewhere around ~7m from where she thought she was?

The end of the fight sure seems to have happened the way we (and presumably Yang) saw; but then the logistics of it just don't work at all, because Yang would have to somehow have punched him away, walked towards him as if to pass him on her way out of the arena that way, then turned around and walked back, then broken his leg on the way by. I... just... what?

29. - Top - End - #509
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    (Bit of a thread-hop, sorry, but can't read all 500+ posts tonight >.O)
    Show
    I've got to admit, I'm still kind of baffled as to how Yang hit Mercury at all; once she's snapped out of the illusion, she's clearly a minimum of ~3 metres from him, since the robots are able to completely surround her without Mercury/Emerald being in the shot, and nothing on-screen showed that she had moved from the spot where she had punched him.

... and she turned around and started walking away from him. Did the illusion somehow start before the fight actually ended, or what? Because when the fight ended, she was already a good distance away from him, and she turned and left. How on Earth (Remnant, whatever) did she walk past him to punchshoot the kneeling Mercury in the leg without him moving from the spot that was somewhere around ~7m from where she thought she was?

The end of the fight sure seems to have happened the way we (and presumably Yang) saw; but then the logistics of it just don't work at all, because Yang would have to somehow have punched him away, walked towards him as if to pass him on her way out of the arena that way, then turned around and walked back, then broken his leg on the way by. I... just... what?
    Show
    She turned around, started to walk away, illusion started, while the illusion was happening mercury walks up to yang, she turned around and superpunched him, illusion over.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

30. - Top - End - #510
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Show
    She turned around, started to walk away, illusion started, while the illusion was happening mercury walks up to yang, she turned around and superpunched him, illusion over.
    Show
    Except... wait, he got out of his 'defeat crouch', walked over to her, then slumped back into it for her to punch him? That... sounds awkward.