New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: RWBY VII: Winter is coming

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    While I don't share your optimism about the story, as evidenced by the fact I quit watching because of how **** it was, this brought to mind a quote that I think encapsulates the difference between Ironwood and Ozpin fairly well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Protomen song
    (You are a fool.) You underestimate the character of man.
    (They are weaker than you think) You think that they'll surrender if you bind their working hands.
    But they are strong (Just wait and see.)

We will build cities in a day. (Men would cower at the sight.)
    We will build towers to the heavens. (Man was not built for such a height.)
    We will be heroes. (We will build heroes.)
    Stuff in parens being Ironwood, and Ozpin being everything else.
    Really? I see it more as the other way around. Ironwood's more about progression, the conquering human spirit and the bright side of technology; Ozpin is the head of a conspiracy to keep magic a secret from people, believing that it's too much for them to comprehend. He also selects people to imbue with the secret magic powers and carry the world for him, while Ironwood places himself as the face of his technological revolution, to rise or fall with it.

Also, The Protomen are great.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Really? I see it more as the other way around. Ironwood's more about progression, the conquering human spirit and the bright side of technology; Ozpin is the head of a conspiracy to keep magic a secret from people, believing that it's too much for them to comprehend. He also selects people to imbue with the secret magic powers and carry the world for him, while Ironwood places himself as the face of his technological revolution, to rise or fall with it.

Also, The Protomen are great.
    I'd give Ozpin a little more credit than that. He isn't afraid that the populace couldn't understand the truth, he's afraid they can. Fear and despair and panic and other such emotions draw Grimm. Ozpin and the entire Huntsmen setup is designed to combat Grimm on multiple levels, first of which by keeping the populace from summoning them. Give them brilliant, flashy heroes capable of unimaginable gun-fu and broadcast it across the world. Present the Grimm as dangerous monsters that should be avoided, yes, but also as clearly inferior to Huntsmen, who can slaughter them en masse. Frame the world in such a way that the populace does not fear the Grimm, and the Grimm will not become something to fear. Let them see Grimm for what they are, the unstoppable wave of savage destruction and the colossal monsters that are its vanguard? Show them Mountain Glen, or the Goliaths, or whatevery that Wyvern was? Demonstrate to them just how thin the thread is that their lives are hanging by? They will know fear, and rightly so. And that fear is clarion call to make all those fears manifest. The nature of the Grimm means that the peoples' reality is what they perceive: let them see peace, and they will have peace.

Ironwood is well-meaning. He sees the Grimm as an enemy that must be faced militarily. He wants to minimize risk to his men, looking to count the expense of war in materiel instead of blood, and create an army of expendable forces in the place of a handful of painstakingly trained masters. There's really nothing unpleasant or irrational about his position in general. How it applies to Grimm and how it leaves him vulnerable to exploitation by tech-savvy enemies aren't things he thought completely through, however, and those oversights are coming back to haunt him.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

I think it's a mistake to see either Ironwood or Ozpin as scientific/technological positivists or as a cynical technophile type. Both are different sorts of realists:

Ironwood sees the world much like...well any movie comically aggressive general or a certain sort of politician . There is evil, it needs to be confronted, and we need to aggressively throw everything we have at it. He is modified from this view by a certain sort of respect and caring attitude for his (and other's) men, women, boys and girls, and a respect for Ozpin.

Ozpin is a more realpolitik, he is subtle, even manipulative, and wishes to apply force only where needed.

The two have not actually debated the virtues of a robot army.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Late to the Party
    Show
    ...I assume someone's going to explain next episode what Motherglare was doing trapped in a mountain in Vale?

Also I'm surprised no one has commented yet on the fact that Ironwood's weapon is a gun... that's also a gun. Seriously, it has two barrels and two triggers.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Show
    ...I assume someone's going to explain next episode what Motherglare was doing trapped in a mountain in Vale?

Also I'm surprised no one has commented yet on the fact that Ironwood's weapon is a gun... that's also a gun. Seriously, it has two barrels and two triggers.
    Spoiler: V3C10
    Show

Shockingly, and trust me I'm being genuine I'm actually kind of surprised here, the fanbase of Fairy Tail and RWBY encompasses maybe two people, one of which is me and I'm here for much the same reason I'm here for Fairy Tail. I just didn't remember Motherglare was a thing because...well I mean you've read Fairy Tail you know why.

I'm almost positive it's because that's such a stupid design element that no one who saw it actually comprehend they saw it. You don't need to triggers! It feels like it's probably a model oversight: they wanted him to have two barrels but made the gun with one so they just cloned it and put it overlapping the first one and didn't do it good enough.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Show
    I'm almost positive it's because that's such a stupid design element that no one who saw it actually comprehend they saw it. You don't need to triggers! It feels like it's probably a model oversight: they wanted him to have two barrels but made the gun with one so they just cloned it and put it overlapping the first one and didn't do it good enough.
    Spoiler: Use More Gun
    Show
    Nope, it's on purpose, if you pay attention to the concept art of it during the end credits there's a note saying "Two triggers!!" As for why it would have two triggers, the barrels looked like they were different widths so theoretically you might want to only fire one or the other for some reason.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Firbolg in the Playground

Show
    Maybe the extra barrel is to explain how it can shoot seven shots but only have six shots in the revolver.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Show
    Maybe the extra barrel is to explain how it can shoot seven shots but only have six shots in the revolver.
    Show
    That's pretty dirty, Harry.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

9. - Top - End - #849

Show
    Spoiler: Revolvers don't work that way.
    Show
    I'm going to assume this is a joke, but in the interest of being sure, you do know that revolvers don't just have 6 cylinders, right? The S&W 686 and Nagant M1895 both have 7, the LeMat was made with 9 plus a secondary 20 gauge shotgun barrel (and if anyone is going to say that that sounds like a good gun, the LeMat was noted for not being particularly accurate, practical, or even that good of a gun, to the point where the company producing them failed after 5 or 6 years and having made maybe 4000 guns between all of its models due to poor sales [which, come to think of it, means that it actually would be a pretty good fit for RWBY.]), the Colt Cloverleaf had 4, the S&W 36 had 5, etc.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2016-02-06 at 07:16 AM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

10. - Top - End - #850

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    Spoiler: Revolvers don't work that way.
    Show
    I'm going to assume this is a joke, but in the interest of being sure, you do know that revolvers don't just have 6 cylinders, right? The S&W 686 and Nagant M1895 both have 7, the LeMat was made with 9 plus a secondary 20 gauge shotgun barrel (and if anyone is going to say that that sounds like a good gun, the LeMat was noted for not being particularly accurate, practical, or even that good of a gun, to the point where the company producing them failed after 5 or 6 years and having made maybe 4000 guns between all of its models due to poor sales [which, come to think of it, means that it actually would be a pretty good fit for RWBY.]), the Colt Cloverleaf had 4, the S&W 36 had 5, etc.
    Spoiler: VC3E10
    Show
    1. Ironwood's Revolver only has 6 chambers in it's 1 cylinder. You can see this in the art for the weapon.
    2. Ironwood shoots seven times in the scene.
    3. I don't think I've ever seen a revolver with 6 cylinders
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2016-02-06 at 08:06 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #851

Spoiler: VC3E10
    Show
    1. Ironwood's Revolver only has 6 chambers in it's 1 cylinder. You can see this in the art for the weapon.
    2. Ironwood shoots seven times in the scene.
    3. I don't think I've ever seen a revolver with 6 cylinders
    Spoiler: V3E10
    Show
    Whoops. Sorry. I meant chambers. My bad.

And I feel like I should note that's in concept art, so it's possible that was changed on the final model, but you are probably right that it was an animation error. Serves me right for ever defending RWBY.

And honestly, the more I look at this gun, the worse designed it seems. Based on my own hand size, my height, and Ironwoods height, it's got about a 10.5" barrel and a 18" total length, making it probably safe to assume its the RWBY-verse equivalent of something like the Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk and chambered in something in the range of a .454 Casull or .44 Magnum. And considering the size of the top strap and the underbarrel...thing, it's probably ridiculously unbalanced towards the front and even more stupidly heavy than it would need to be to help with recoil (which I'm pretty sure barely exists at all in RWBY, considering that Yang can safely and accurately rapid fire wrist mounted shotguns, and that Nora can fire a grenade launcher from the hip). I have no idea what the underslung thing is, since it doesn't look like its in line with the bottom chamber (I think I used the right word this time!), so I doubt it's supposed to be firing two bullets at once, and it doesn't look like its in line with the cylinder pin, making it unlikely that its something like the LeMats shotgun barrel. It could be an integral laser sight, but again, that would make it ridiculously oversized.

However, having gone back through and watched a bunch of videos on Forgotten Weapons, I would like to put forward the theory that the second, smaller trigger isn't for firing a second barrel or a different kind of ammunition (not sure how that would work...), but is actually for single action firing. I can't remember their names, but I do recall that there were a few revolvers that had both a heavy double action trigger for quicker but potentially less accurate shots, and a lighter single action trigger for slower but likely more accurate shots.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2016-02-06 at 09:28 AM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: V3E11
    Show
    Best Episode yet. That was honestly great. The heroes have lost something, the villains have lost something, and we know the cast isn't invincible or immortal. I'm not going to say any more until non-backers can see the episode, because I don't want anyone to get accidentally spoiled.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DelphiSage View Post
    Hopefully, whenever I make another post on this topic, it'll be productive and more than just bitter anger at how people can praise this so feverishly when there are better products just around the corner.
    Make sure they are. If you've come here to belittle, insult, provoke, antagonise, or otherwise flame or troll any member of the forum for liking the show (or any other reason), then you've come to the wrong forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Spoiler: VII.12
    Show
    Last time I replied to a spoiler with substantive but non-spoilery remarks and put it outside a spoiler, I had my post edited for me to add a spoiler just in case someone divined the spoilers from my non-spoilery reply, and my objection ran smack into red text. That was about all the spoiler policy clarification I could stand, so as far as my own habits, replies to spoilers go in spoilers from now 'til Doomsday.
    This is not the place to complain about forum rules or specific acts of moderation. If you have a query or issue with the rules, please contact the moderator via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Spoiler: Pick something
    Show
    Already had "all the clarification on spoiler policy I could stand," thanks.
    I disagree entirely on them being "non-spoilery remarks", but regardless, they were also direct replies to spoilers. Rule of thumb: Never reply to a spoiler in a spoiler box without using a spoiler box that also identifies that episode yourself. After several replies the topic may no longer be relevant to the original spoiler. If it hasn't been discussing spoilers for several posts, then consider if it needs to remain in a spoiler box.

This applies ONLY to the most recent episode(s) released within the last week. Otherwise, you may do as you wish, but try to be considerate to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonexx View Post
    Spoiler: Thoughts
    Show
    {snip}

Also, I have a theory on Cinders goals.

Spoiler: Cinder's Evil Plan
    Show
    {snip}
    Show
    {snip}
    Show
    {snip}
    Please always include the volume and chapter number in the spoiler title, or identify that it's not a spoiler if it's not a spoiler. Predictions should also be listed as such, including the most recent volume and chapter number it relies on (e.g. "V3C10 plus predictions").

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

14. - Top - End - #854

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Show
    Show
    Nope, it's on purpose, if you pay attention to the concept art of it during the end credits there's a note saying "Two triggers!!" As for why it would have two triggers, the barrels looked like they were different widths so theoretically you might want to only fire one or the other for some reason.
    Show
    I can quite clearly see two different barrels, one on top and one below, and in the animation I see his finger on the two different triggers at different times. One must fire the revolver part, with the other firing from the second barrel.

---

Spoiler: V3C11
    Show
    Velvet: We called it!

Weiss: Sword!

Torchwick: Well, I wasn't expecting that.

Ironwood: He's replaced half his body with artificial cybernetic body parts. Some kind of accident? Also, I think someone called that. I know I thought it when he stopped the blow last episode, but I didn't say anything so I can't claim any credit.

Qrow: Scythe mode!

Grimm: I repeat, not under control by the White Fang.

Yang: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ozpin: Will we finally see his weapon and fighting style next episode???

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by DelphiSage View Post
    Hopefully nobody would mind if I gave my own thoughts on the episode as I go through it.

...Who am I kidding, you're all going to be pissed at me.

Spoiler: S3E11
    Show

Episode starts with a 30 second fight between Ruby and a Griffon Grimm. I'm still utterly put off by the lack of folderol beyond speedlines, and I'm more put off by how Ruby beats it in a blackscreen.

Okay, so Neo is apparently a shapeshifter. Personally, having a shapeshifter and an illusionist on the same team seems rather redundant, but I won't dwell on it.

Why is Adam acting two-dimensionally? He's supposed to have been forced into siding with Cinder, so there's no setup for why he'd turn so antagonistic like this.

Arrrrgh, could someone please tell Blake's voice actress what her motivation is supposed to be? She's a main character, for...

So we transition straight from Blake tackling Adam to their weapons pushing against each other. Then a Grimm just runs up to her left and she doesn't even notice it, even when Adam shoots it.

So Velvet's weapon is a Copy Chip as everyone predicted it was, and somehow her virtual weaponry is more effective against the Paladin mechs than Coco's infamously overpowered minigun. Christ, she even copies that minigun for a second.

I understand this is supposed to be cool, what with the lyrical music track in the background, but once again, it's all a bit too stiff and lacking folderol, the other fighters aren't visible and aren't even doing anything until one of the Paladins knocks her down, and the two Paladins are fighting her one at a time. Also, why did she hit the ground so hard when she jumped down with Penny's weapon? It's just baffling that one of the few times they actually go for the folderol, it's going too far.

Why did the camera zoom on Weiss having an angry face? What the hell is that even supposed to represent?

So Weiss managed to summon the arm of the giant knight in her trailer. Would be a bit more dramatic if we actually saw it block the Paladin's attack, or if they didn't cut to black to represent it destroying the Paladin.

Okay, so a third, speedy Paladin showed up. Is that really such a big deal that you had to have the ground shake and make Sun "snark" about it?

The fight scene between Ruby and Torchwick/Neo was fine (for this show, at least), but why didn't Ruby get up from grabbing onto the ship hull the first time until Roman was done monologuing? And can we PLEASE have some establishment for how powerful projectile attacks are in this show?! Roman's blasts look far more damaging than they actually seem to be for Ruby.

Wow. Way to completely kill off your best character in the lamest possible way, RWBY. I know Torchwick is overall pointless to the story, but he's seriously the only person whose dialogue and actions haven't made me cringe even once. What the hell is the point of killing him off?!

Was it ever really established Ironwood was almost killed? It's an okay touch, but it's just weird for him to be like that out of mostly nothing. Also, really would've made Qrow's fakeout hostility more dramatic if he pulled out the scythe reveal in motion, and if Ironwood actually waited until Qrow started running towards him to react, and probably didn't get to finish his sentence.

Wow, the control shorted out just as the third robot was about to hit Weiss and co. If it was actually a threat, I might've cared about that. Hell, why is Weiss suddenly tired now?

Hyper-janky run cycles strike again, this time three characters in a completely empty hallway for 25 seconds and nothing else going on but badly-delivered recap for Jaune. And we're still not really told what's so special about the Fall Maiden that forcing Pyrrha to have Amber's soul planted into her isn't a more preferable option to just keeping Amber in cryo.

Okay, why did there have to be five things going on at the same time? Ruby's fight with Torchwick and Neo, Weiss and the fodder's fight with the Paladins, Blake's angsting with Adam, Pyrrha's travel to Amber's stasis room, and the adults fighting robots and Grimm? And not to mention the unseen stuff like Yang's running around randomly around the school and Cinder's moustache-twirling. The scene editing is all over the map, and we're only recapping with Blake after everyone else's problems save Yang's and Pyrrha's have been concluded for the episode.

Jesus, Adam's voice actor really doesn't know how to do anything beyond the "generic mean voice". And I'm STILL questioning what the hell Adam's motives are here! Why is he acting so genocidal, how are Faunus being treated badly, and why the hell is he taking his angst with Blake out on Yang?!

And Cinder appears out of nowhere completely unseen to kill Amber in the nick of time, which I expected to happen the moment we were finished with the Episode 6 exposition, just as Adam stabs Blake (apparently) and rips off Sam slicing off Raiden's arm by cutting off Yang's hand. And it's all completely bloodless.

Why is Cinder letting Pyrrha and Jaune get away? If she's really trying to be so edgy about letting Pyrrha survive because of the whole Penny thing, why not at least kill Jaune? Also, if nothing had the opportunity to happen before Cinder sniped Amber, why was Pyrrha crying out in pain?

So if Faunus can't control Grimm, how did they manage to get them all contained and loaded onto helicopters?

Why. Can't. Jessica. Nigri. Voiceact?!

I haven't read this since I do my own write ups like this and don't want to be spoiled, but judging from your other comments this'll probably be more in the line of what I post, this should probably go in the other thread. I'm sure our friendly neighborhood mod'll move it their though, just saying as a reminder.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-02-07 at 02:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    .... Wow....

Adam's a straight up a**hole.

Velvet seems to not only copy other peoples weapons, but fighting styles, and possible Semblences as well.

YANG!!!!! Adam, you are going to Die for that!!!!!!!

Ah, so Ironwood is more machine than I thought, nice. Explains quite a bit actually.

Yang .

Ruby was totally outclassed by Neo and Roman together... Hell, Roman seemed to become a far better fighter locked up in that cell than running round being an annoying pilick. And could anyone else see what happened to him coming .

Qrow.... Finally! We get to see him actually using his scythe!

Poor Amber, but kinda knew it was gunna happen.

YANG!! :'-(

I'm going to call it now... Ozpin is Cinder's absentee father.

All in all... Wow...

Might comment more after I've been to sleep (nearly 5.40am here, stayed up to watch the episode... Sleepy.....)

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

17. - Top - End - #857

Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    Show
    And could anyone else see what happened to him coming .
    Show
    What happened? Sure. How it happened, as suddenly and quickly as it happened? Nope.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: V3C11 Heroes and Monsters
    Show
    Wow, and just when I thought it couldn't get worse...
    From Cinder getting what she wanted to Adam revealing that Yang is a Skywalker* and acting the way he did this has been pretty dark.

I mean seriously? Blake turns away from Adam because of his extremism and his reaction is "If I can't have you I'm going to make the world burn and hurt any one you love"? The terrorism for the sake of his people I could understand. This? Not so much. More importantly the only reason why peace isn't possible are his actions. I wish him that he has to live in a world where humans and fauni live together in peace. Without Blake of course. Or anyone else for that matter.

Better fokus on the positive. Velvet's weapon is really great - fighting with (one-way?) copies of other's weapons is pretty interesting, being able to use them makes it even better.
    Ironwood survived and reveals he is a mid-backstory Version of the iron woodsman and we get to see Qrow's scythe. More importatly Cardin almost got what he deserved.
    The robots are shut down - making your battledroids dependent on a single control unit isn't exactly smart, but this time it certainly was a good thing this time.
    Ruby wins her fight against Neo and Roman with a bit of creativity, determination and enough luck for a lifetime and at least one of them might not reappear.
    Since Cinder has the maidens power we get to keep Phyrra a bit longer.

Could be worse. They can fix this.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

19. - Top - End - #859

New episode! My thoughts are here, as always: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=517

Here's what I can say in this thread though:
    Show
    ****ing god damnit Roman is my favorite character and now he's dead. In a really dumb, anti-climactic and stupid way! And Neo got defeated by Mary Poppins' gag joke. Lame.

That said, Ironwood's reveal that he's half terminator, and Weiss angrily summoning up the Armor Giant arm was actually really cool. It's building on stuff we've seen that was written okay.

Adam...is a huge ****er fedoralord idiot and I can't wait for him to die. He stabbed Blake to get Yang to notice them, and then he sliced off Yang's arm. I do actually kinda like this, but I'm not fond of the execution here. That's for the other thread though. I'll say here though that I'm glad we actually have consequences for once.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

That was pretty awesome.

Show
    I knew Ironwood was a cyborg! And now maybe Yang will become one, too.

They actually had me going there for a second when Adam beheaded 'Blake.'

Random speculation, but what if Ozpin turns out to be the old wizard from the myth?

Only one more episode left!

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

I'm just going to leave this here:

Spoiler: S3E11
    Show

btw
    Spoiler: S3E11 sparks will ignite the torch
    Show
    Torchwick isn't dead, he was swallowed whole by a Grimm that was engulfed in flames on a ship that then crashes into the middle of the Grimm-invaded city full of hunters and soldiers that all know who he is. He'll be back by mid-season 4 tops.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

And so I pray... Unlimited Bunny Works.

Loved Torchwik's death scene - hope they don't de-value it by granting him some miraclous survival/ressurection.

Okay, so Cinder got the full power of the Fall. Good for her. Now let's think, what's bad - she is in the dungeon with the probably most op character in the series and more high-powered cahracters are coming. Sure, the power, but come on - Cinder with her team stomped a full-powered Maiden - why can't Ozpin do the same. It seems, someone bit more then she can chew.

Adam/Blake long dramatic story, yadda, yadda. Sorry, bored.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Show

no wait, COCO's semblance is the sharingan of the series

alright WEISS!

aaaw, Torchwick got eaten, and he was having such a great speech and this nice hero/villain back and forth. should've stayed longer to be an enemy.

oh, nice subversion of Qrow being paranoid of Ironwood. he knows whats up, and is Ironwood is a cyborg?

........Yang's arm got cut off, Autumn is dead, Blake got stabbed, Cinder has won, Adam is apparently a powerful enough fighter that he needs more than one person to be beaten, and Ruby is pogo-scything to the ground. yeah.....this......is got real.

but yeah.....Yang she.....she is going to need a cybernetic arm now....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: V03E11
    Show
    So apparently Velvet can copy combat styles as well as weapons. That being the case, I wonder if she actually has any skill of her own. She might rely solely on her Semblance (at least, I think it's a Semblance) to gain the benefits of other people's training.

25. - Top - End - #865

Quote Originally Posted by Fearan View Post
    Show
    Now let's think, what's bad - she is in the dungeon with the probably most op character in the series and more high-powered cahracters are coming.
    Show
    I'm surprised Ozpin told Pyrrha to leave... I was expecting him to Not be the super huntsmen everyone expects since... well wizard of oz and all. Unless he has illusion semblance and actually tries to use them for insta-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Spoiler: V03E11
    Show
    So apparently Velvet can copy combat styles as well as weapons. That being the case, I wonder if she actually has any skill of her own. She might rely solely on her Semblance (at least, I think it's a Semblance) to gain the benefits of other people's training.
    Show
    I think it's the box on her back
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2016-02-07 at 06:32 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Show
    The Adam fight and behaviour just rankled me. We're watching a show about superpowered college kids fighting monsters and supervillains. When he's standing over a dominated Blake and monologuing, I feel like the writers screwed up and passed the voice actors and animators their parody scripts where they write RWBY by way of a Lifetime Movie of the Week. When he's hitting her, I should feel like I saw a superpowered badass hitting a defeated but no less superpowered badass, not the opening of a Law And Order: SVU episode.

I feel like Velvet's fight could have been awesome if Mounty Oum was still around to animate it. As it stands, I found myself disappointed.

Rest in Peace, you gloriously cheesy super animator. The world is lesser for your absence.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    Show
    The Adam fight and behaviour just rankled me. We're watching a show about superpowered college kids fighting monsters and supervillains. When he's standing over a dominated Blake and monologuing, I feel like the writers screwed up and passed the voice actors and animators their parody scripts where they write RWBY by way of a Lifetime Movie of the Week. When he's hitting her, I should feel like I saw a superpowered badass hitting a defeated but no less superpowered badass, not the opening of a Law And Order: SVU episode.
    Spoiler: S3E11 Why not get Blake'd
    Show
    Seems to me they've set that one up since the Black trailer. Blake herself said see saw him "more of a mentor" and it apparently comes to a surprise to no one that the two were romantic. People commented on the Black trailer that "she seems to be in fear of him" and her reaction towards Torchwick and the White Fang in S2 was to confess her fears and act erratic...twice!

So if Blake first response is to freeze, if she suddenly crumples like tissue paper when Adam starts fighting beating her, if this scene absolutely looks like something rapey and abusive, call it what you will, but it's absolutely consistent with everything we know about the two.

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    Show
    I feel like Velvet's fight could have been awesome if Mounty Oum was still around to animate it. As it stands, I found myself disappointed.

Rest in Peace, you gloriously cheesy super animator. The world is lesser for your absence.
    Spoiler: S3E11 Would have been more awesome with Monty
    Show
    RIP. There's a special place in heaven where he can produce his fights off a computer that offers perfect transitions, cinematography, finishing and rendering.

28. - Top - End - #868

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Spoiler: S3E11 Would have been more awesome with Monty
    Show
    RIP. There's a special place in heaven where he can produce his fights off a computer that offers perfect transitions, cinematography, finishing and rendering.
    Show
    They had that in real life but he wanted to stick with that we knew. I have no reason to believe he'd stop sticking to his guns

(sorry if this is in bad taste it was just a really easy joke to make.)

Also as an aside in TWO DAYS I'll be posting that RWBY Tuesday thing I mentioned. Lot to look forward to you guys!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Show
    It's hard for me to tell if Torchwick is dead or not. He did go out very anti-climatically, hadn't taken much damage as far as I can tell, the Grimm Griffon got kicked down into the ship where there was an explosion and we didn't see inside, and as we also saw in this episode Ironwood survived a ship crash from about that height in the air so there's a precedent for that. And we still never got to see his Semblance. Also Neo was stated by Monty to be his right-hand woman rather than one of Cinder's followers so she serves as a story anchor point for him there. And his last words were that he was good at cheating and survival. Though it was a surprise, in hindsight it makes sense that a Grimm would attack him given their attraction to negativity, a ton of which he was putting off to give a Hannibal Lecture while beating Ruby with his cane.

There's Cardin!... who ends up as the butt-monkey again. And hey Ironwood's entire right side is mechanical below his neck. Neo flew up and away... and it'll be a long flight down. Weiss managed to summon the arm of the knight, we got to see Qrow's scythe, Velvet did her thing and it seems the copy-attacks are one-shots hence saving them for the right moment. The Grimm Dragon... did nothing this episode after it's big show at the end of the last. It's being saved for a big finish in the next episode I guess, all those Grimm haven't gone away and the robots are all out of commission rather than reverting to a non-hacked state.

Adam is... powerful. Also psychotic. Didn't imagine he'd be powerful enough to slice off Yang's arm like that, unless he pre-prepared some great power after building it up as we saw in the Black trailer. He was also resentful enough to try and then finish Blake off but fell for her illusion instead. Also this fan artist was clearly psychic since they drew this weeks ago: http://i.imgur.com/CVmEt6g.jpg

If Jaune hadn't turned around, he might have seen Cinder coming and been able to block her arrow shot. Can't expect him to have ignored Pyrrha's screams though. Poor Amber. And now the Fall Maiden's power is all within Cinder, unless a fragment of it remains in Pyrrha from the transfer somehow.

We also got further confirmation that Cinder has someone she was talking to that she considers a superior or equal. A woman who considers Ozpin to be rather arrogant. We'll see how powerful Ozpin is compared to a fully Fall-empowered Cinder as well.
    Last edited by Phexar; 2016-02-08 at 03:03 AM.
    You were born an original. Don't die a copy.
    -- John Mason.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: V3C11 16:30
    Show
    Who "she"? (There is at least one obvious guess, but I'm holding out for other options.)