1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Goblin Tribe (IC)

Grunak

Sunken Keep
    Spoiler
    Show

Just as Grunak prepares to peddle the long knife, armor and jar he got from hobgoblins, he is approached by Chopp, a tough looking, elite goblin. ''Kranch wants to see you.'' He clearly expects Grunak to follow without a question.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grob the Scribe

Grunak
    Spoiler
    Show

"Yes! Yes! Grob knows what it says. But, blade is useless unless Grob studies it. It can shield you from damage. Grob needs to study it to teach you how to use it!" Grob says defiantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius;20099777[B
    Kranch Conversations [PM][/B]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Well, let’s not rush giving up one of our own. Poor Grunak may have lost his mind, but I think he’s no wild animal. The hobgoblins must have provoked him. And one would say anything to save his life - that hobgoblin would have probably incited his comrades to attack us, as soon as he got free.''

''I’ll do something about Grunak - it’s clear, that his irrationality can cause problems and he must be watched. But he can still be an asset to the tribe. Your Schliska can lead Chopp to the site of the fight - the best course of action would be to make it seem, that those hobgoblins were killed by something else. You and Schliska will keep quiet about the incident. If Soxkill learns that we provoked hobgoblins, he’ll order us to hole up in the Sunken Keep and your projects would have to be delayed indefinitely.''

''Now, I’m still going to advise him to issue an order to stay out of Mushroom Woods for a season, until things cool down. But you’ve got energy. How about you put it into getting our warriors better weapons? Most of our fighters are armed with sharp sticks. We need bronze to make swords and shields. Maybe then I could spare some warriors for guard duty.''
    Spoiler
    Show

"Very well then."

Fard sent Schliska to the Mushroom forests to pin the deaths of the Hobgoblins on the centaurs. Schliska was to imbue hoofprints all over the hobgoblin corpses making it seem like they were stomped on.

Fard then went to get ore in order to make bronze in the furnace. However, he wasn't sure if he was complety equipped to do so, so he asked for help. He went to Grob the Scribe and asked him for some help

"Hello Grob! I beleive you are rather intelligent and do apreciate your work around here. Do you think you can help me with a task? I require some bronze to give to the soldiers so they can guard a lumberyard I plan on making. As some payback, I will allow you to use some wood that will be produced there. Does that sound like a good deal?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunak

Grob
    Spoiler
    Show
    "NO! SHINY BLADE NOT USELESS! SHINY BLADE LET GODS TALK TO GRUNAK!" Grunak points the blade in question at the scribe and backs away warily.

"You say you can read the words, but you don't say them. Gods want Grunak to have the blade. You no touch. You look. You say words. No touch. "

In the Keep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grunak seems worried. He tries to stash the jar somewhere he can pick it up later, then follows the goblins.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Fard

Conversations with Kranch
    Spoiler
    Show

''Excellent. Your Schliska is an excellent scout, to have discovered something like that. I'll issue her a [Knife 2] from the armory, so she'd be able to protect herself. Bring me any more news you find.''

Grunak

Conversations with Kranch
    Spoiler
    Show

Kranch is lounging in his chair, his desk filled with full plates. Kranch doesn’t ask Grunak to surrender his sword, but he stays in the room, leaning against the wall.

’’Grunak. I’ve been keeping an eye on you.’’ Kranch lazily pushes a plate with crisp hog snout towards him. ’’And I had to clean up a mess you’ve made recently. If the corpses of that patrol were found, we could have faced a punitive raid. If you weren’t killed by their attack, Soxkill would have fed you to the hogs. But I see potential in you Grunak. You were a good warrior and can still be one. There are enemies within the tribe, agents of outside forces trying to undermine us. I and my men are in the spotlight, so we can’t move against them. But you as an outcast remain mostly unnoticed. You can strike and remove such threats.’’

Kranch pauses, waiting to see Grunak’s reaction.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Zmeoaice View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"Very well then."

Fard sent Schliska to the Mushroom forests to pin the deaths of the Hobgoblins on the centaurs. Schliska was to imbue hoofprints all over the hobgoblin corpses making it seem like they were stomped on.

Fard then went to get ore in order to make bronze in the furnace. However, he wasn't sure if he was complety equipped to do so, so he asked for help. He went to Grob the Scribe and asked him for some help

"Hello Grob! I beleive you are rather intelligent and do apreciate your work around here. Do you think you can help me with a task? I require some bronze to give to the soldiers so they can guard a lumberyard I plan on making. As some payback, I will allow you to use some wood that will be produced there. Does that sound like a good deal?"
    Grob looked at Fard suspiciously, but realized if he had wood it would help his boat building process. "Grob will help you and try to find bronze for you."

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Grob is going to search the compound looking for bronze or anyone willing to part with some bronze.

Grunak
    Spoiler
    Show

"Blade will be more powerful if you let Grob examine it! It will make you invincible. Let you kill many enemies and talk to gods!"
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Gwafhu does his best attempt at a sly look while softly saying, "I was thinking what with ol' Rhid being crazy he might be willing to try anything. So I figured I'd clip on down and see if I can spot something only he'd dare eat." He'll slip in a bit of a smile in at the end, hoping the local gobs will appreciate the implied joke.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunak

Grob
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grunak seems to weigh this. "Examine? Look at, yes.Take, no. Mine. Grunak can keep the blade while scribe looks at it." He pauses for a moment. "What do the words say?"

Conversation with Kranch
    Spoiler
    Show
    When subject of his killings gets brought up, Grunak gets defensive. "Did not want a fight. Only Hungry. Needed to eat. Hobgoblins attacked, had no choice.".

When Kranch offers him the job, he is suddenly eager. "Yes! Grunak can fight, can help tribe. That is what gods want." He hesitates a moment. "If I do a good job, I get back into the tribe? I get to eat?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Gwafhu

''Ah, ye hurting for hootch'' answers one of the goblins. ''If it's something crazy, go look.''
    ''I thought I saw a snail there.''
    ''Snails ain't crazy to eat. I eat them all the time.''
    ''That was a very ugly looking snail''

Grunak

Conversation with Kranch
    Spoiler
    Show

''Good. You are a strong fighter, Grunak. Once those who undermine the tribe are dealt with, I shall see you restored to a position of honor. Please, eat. I'll claim, that you found useful information and spoils for the tribe, so I've issued you armor - this way nobody would suspect it came from hobogblins. Also, you can trade anything you found, that may cause suspicion to me. I'll tell you, when the time comes to fulfill your duty. I doubt it would be long.''

Grob The Scribe

Searching
    Spoiler
    Show

Unfortunately it seems the Sunken Keep has been looted a long time ago - whatever valuables were there, are now in the pockets of goblins. And none of them admit to having bronze.

10. - Top - End - #40

"Well that was a disappointment. But maybe I can find someone else"

Spoiler
    Show

Fard goes to Surekt and asks him to check whether he has any bronze.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Fard

Surekt
    Spoiler
    Show

''Maaaybe I can find some.'' Surekt answers. ''What do I get?''

12. - Top - End - #42

Chimera

Gwafhu will gives a nod, saying "Thanks, stinkpot" as he trundles off in search of spikes and snails and puppy dogs tails, but mostly snails and the occasional shroom painted so brightly that no normal gob would be foolish enough to eat it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

The "stinkpot" bit is not meant to be an insult. I just imagine it's a common goblin phase or nickname. If not, let me know and I'll update the post.

The bit about painted shrooms is just a reference that many things that are outright poisonous advertise the fact with their colors. That way he can grab something the others won't want and can present it as something the mad one might be cunning enough to have a use for. I figure picking the obviously unsafe one will make it easier to put up the "if I was trying to poison you, I wouldn't have been so obvious about it" defense.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Wolves and Blood
    Kurd is happy to tell the other goblins all about what happened. The wolves leaping at him. Brutal use of his cleaver, epic dodges away from gnashing teeth, and the final clash where he took off the last surviving wolf's head off with a single blow. He swings his cleaver to emphasize the power of the blow.

Of course Kurd is mostly making it up as he goes since his memory of the encounter is so spotty. But it could have happened like that, and the wolves are dead. So in the end who could say that he's wrong.

Goblin Medicine
    ]Not being successful in finding Mork Kurd continues looking a goblin to take a look at his rather horrific wounds. He didn't let on in front of the others, and barely even to himself, but they do hurt quite significantly. So he looks for a goblin that might be able to help him.

Anyone but Nezz that is. Kurd feared no fight, but Nezz was a god talker. And they just weren't right in the head. Who knows what unspeakable things she would do. Nezz was the last option for Kurd.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    3. Kurd goes looking for a goblin who can heal his wounds. Including Nezz if he can't find anyone else.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-11-23 at 12:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Fard

Surekt
    Spoiler
    Show

''Maaaybe I can find some.'' Surekt answers. ''What do I get?''
    [color]Oh just some bronze. Perhaps a weapon will also suffice if it is metal.[/color]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Fard

Surket goes to his bedroll and digs underneath, unearthing a small collection of bronze statues. He seems hesitant to hand them over to Fard.

Kurd

Wolves & Blood

Kurd's storytelling skills are rather sub-par, as wordsmith he ain't, but his lackeys Nub-Nub and Zunk compensate by their loud support and retelling of Kurd's story with their glibber tongues. Impressed by the stories the ranks of the Kurd's supporters grow, though their dedication is certainly fairly shallow.

Nezz

The options for healing are limited in the tribe. Or rather there's one option - Nezz. ''So much excruciating pain I feel'' the priestess traces her clawed finger over Kurd's wound. ''I'll fix your body, but the pain shall remain for a time as a delicious reminder of the slaughter you've inflicted. But did you need to be so quick? You take a wolf, break it's limbs and tear out it's teeth - and then let it howl with pain as a bait for it's kin. This is how it's done.'' Nezz steps away. ''Now, I'll heal your wound, but I'll need a service in return. Next moon, a sacrifice for the altar of Zon-Kuthon. Capture an enemy, get a couple goblins, or offer yourself. As you wish to go about it. Just bring a live one, no smelly corpses, and you shall be blessed.

Gwafhu

Gathering

Gwafhu gathers a collection of odd looking stuff - herbs, snails and shrooms

[OOC: There's no problem with certain degree of worldbuilding - stinkpots they are.]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-11-23 at 05:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Fard

Surket goes to his bedroll and digs underneath, unearthing a small collection of bronze statues. He seems hesitant to hand them over to Fard.
    "Excellent- you shall certainly be rewarded!"

Fard hands the Bronze to Kranch.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Nezz, Dispenser of Wisdom and Terror

Kurd, "Break it's limbs. Howls of pain as bait. Ok I do that." Nezz was nuts and the scariest goblin he knew, but it sounded like decent advice to him. The wolves were certainly quick to chase him after he killed the first two.

Kurd is not the brightest, but with Nezz it is best to be absolutely clear about things. So he carefully constructs his next query. "What kind of enemy? Wolves ok or bug people or hob goblins?" Say what you will about Kurd, but while he's perfectly willing to beat up his weaker comrades he isn't going to sacrifice them to Nezz's wicked clutches if he can help it.

Show
    4. Kurd collects his lackeys and then goes looking to gather supplies for the capture attempt. Rope and nets, and maybe something to dig with.
    5. Rest

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Fard

Surket seems a bit mollified with mention of reward. ''Sure thing boss.''

Kurd

Nezz, Dispenser of Wisdom and Terror

''If it's animal, I'd rather it be an exceptional animal. A filthy mongrel would be an unworthy offering. I can be more lax, if the creature or creatures are intelligent. Impress me, my brave warrior.''

Preparations [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Nezz heals your wound.

Kurd, Nub-Nub and Zunk prove to be lacking in thinking department to fashion anything useful, however, Megakaz, the brainy one in the group, proves his worth by giving some advise for fashioning primitive [Ropes'n'Nets 1] and [Digging Sticks 1].

Kurd's followers seem to be eyeing his wolf stew, their sycophantic stream of praise growing rich with mentions of his generosity and benevolence.

19. - Top - End - #49

Chimera

Gwafhu scurries off with his newfound collection to Rhid's cave, taking more care as he approaches it. With any luck he'd get something to loosen lips and maybe something useful from Rhid own cracked mind.

20. - Top - End - #50

Grob the Scribe

Fard
    Spoiler
    Show

Grob comes back to Fard looking rather dejected "Grob no find bronze. None left in keep. And, other Goblins tricksy and say there is no bronze."

Grunak
    Spoiler
    Show

"It says 'Arbiter.' Let Grob examine it. You can watch. Grob will then tell you how to use its magic. Then Grunak will be even more strong!"
    Last edited by LongVin; 2015-11-25 at 01:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Kurd's Actions
    Show
    Kurd decides to be magnanimous, since he's going to need them next moon, and splits the wolf stew between his three lackeys.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Gwafhu

Gwafhu ducked as something thunked just above his head. A small panel slid away on the opposite wall, revealing two eyes. ''What do you want? I had my fill of visitors, so make your explanation quick.''

Kurd
    Spoiler
    Show

While it's not enough stew to make a proper feast, Kurd's followers are clearly impressed by his gift. And it seems a couple more goblins joined their ranks, increasing Kurd's following.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunak

Grob
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grunak nods. "Yes. Okay. I will very keep very close watch on Shiny Blade. You tell Grunak everything you find."

Show
    EoT actions:

2. Trade sword and leather armour with Kranch for coin or goods, if possible.

3. Observe Grob studying the Shiny Blade. Keep a very, very close eye on him.

4. 'Arbiter'. Test the Shiny Blade and it's powers in his own time

5. Rest.

24. - Top - End - #54

Spoiler: Pre-EoT actions
    Show

2 actions fixing the Hall
    1 action rest
    Last edited by Zmeoaice; 2015-11-25 at 01:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Season's End

The Mystery of Lard Caper

The mystery of the Lard Caper remained unresolved. The squabbles have continued until the end of the Warm Season and then the arrival of thunderstorms. Still, what happened have led many to think of enemies within and tribe mood remains sour and suspicious.

The food stores were replenished and goblins once again receive normal rations.

Rest
    Ghwafhu + 1 WIS
    Kurd +1 CHA
    Fard + 1 CHA
    Grunak +1 WIS
    Hunger
    Fard -1 WIS
    Grunak -1 WIS (Grunak is growing weak from hunger... the starvation will claim him soon)

Grunak [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Grob mumbles something and traces his fingers over the shiny blade. It doesn’t seem like he is doing anything, but he looks completely occupied and beads of sweat roll down his brow. After a long time, he seems to be finished.

Grunak receives two tokens [Token 1, Token 2] with a symbol, that must have been drawn by Scribbler - the tribe lacks currency, but Hob instituted the tokens as means of requisition from the tribe’s stores.

Something stops Grunak from using the magic of the sword - perhaps it’s might shouldn’t be invoked, without true need?

Grob The Scribe [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Grob succesfully studies the [Shield 1] spell. However, it’s just too big for his brain! He must write it down somewhere, or he risks forgetting something important. Right now, magic inside his brain feels like something alive and scratching, trying to get out of the cage.

[OOC: Unless Grob records the spell in writing this turn, he’ll lose the spell and may suffer extra consequences.]

Turn 2, The Rainy Season

Weather:

Powerful winds blow from the north and they bring dark clouds, with blinding lightning and deafening thunder. The rain pours down, making travel difficult and drenching the unfortunate outcasts. Outdoors duty has grown highly unpopular among the goblins, many of whom scramble to earn favor with Hob, in hope of getting better assignments.

Taskmaster Hob

Hob announces the tasks personally, apparently having memorized the Scribbler’s list.

Grob: You are on Wolf Defence Duty,
    Kurd: You are on Scout Duty.
    Fard: You are clever goblin, so I’ll let you pick your duty.
    Gwafhu: You are on Mushroom Farm Duty

Sacrifices

The rumors spread - Nezz is planning a grand ceremony to appease Zon-Kuthon and grant the tribe good luck. Which means that whatever prisoners the tribe has, would be sacrificed. Except, that the tribe has no prisoners, which means some unfortunate goblins would need to take their place. Nobody is quite certain, whom Nezz would chose - the elites and those favored with Goblin Heroes would no doubt be exempt, but outcasts and common goblins… perhaps even uncommon ones are all fair game. The goblins of the tribe scramble to get out of Nezz’es way, out of fear of being chosen.

Grunak [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Chopp whispers to Grunak, when two pass each other outside the Sunken Keep. ’’Be ready to fulfil your duty soon.’’

The Riders of The Storm

A couple goblins thought they saw three figures, made of clouds, riding the storms. What could that mean?

Rumors

If one says Purga three times, when one dreams, and states a wish, it would come true.

Shadowslinker has a secret room in the Sunken Keep. All the times he claims to be traveling, he’s actually sleeping in warmth and comfort.

The weather was caused by Goblewonker, who lives in the Lake. When the water raises enough, it’ll flood the Sunken Keep and the monster will come to feast on Goblins.

The wolves have been howling something awful recently. They probably wish revenge against Kurd, for slaying their kin.

There’s one way to escape being Nezz’es sacrifice - becoming her chosen. Bliz and Zizix were supposed to die on altar, but they managed to impress her.

A couple goblins have caught a cold. They have been sneezing and coughing all time… could it be something more dangerous?

26. - Top - End - #56

Grob the Scribe

Grob grumbled as he was assigned to wolf duty. Stupid wolf duty. That was for dumb Goblins, not smart Goblins like Grob. He should be writing or helping the taskmaster keep track of all the supplies. Not making sure some dumb wolves don't eat some dumb hogs, or occasionally the dumb and slow Goblin. Grabbing one of the spears he trudges off to the Wolf Pens to make sure no stupid wolf eats any stupid hogs.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Guard 1: Grob is going to guard the wolf pen

Guard 2: Grob is going to keep guarding the wolf pen

Spell writing: Grob is going to write down the shield spell on some parchment so he can memorize it for future use.

OOC Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Updated my Charisma to reflect the +1 bonus received from shelter.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Grunak [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Ah, I forgot - your action to train with the sword + knowledge of it's name, actually improved it's quality to 5]

Wolf Duty

This time around, the goblins on Wolf Duty are a mix of outcasts and regular goblins - Kranch's soldiers clearly prefer to remain in the barracks, rather then get drenched by thunderstorms and the tougher goblins probably bribed their way out from the wolf duty list. Only scrawny outcasts, seeking favor to be allowed inside Sunken Keep and goblins, who probably incurred Hob's displeasure are on the duty now - a total number of ten. Between them are 5 [Spears 2] - three get snatched right away by tougher looking [Common] goblins. Grob and another [Common] goblin, who looks about equal in strength, go for one of the remaining ones, while the Outcasts seem to have banded together to get at least one spear between them.

[Grob: Do you challenge other Goblin to get the spear or try to go after the Outcast's weapon?]

Grob [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Grob has seen paper before - wonderous material, that was apparently made by humans. Of course in the Sunken Keep, all he has available is bark for recording and squeezed maggot juice for writing. The resulting [Bark'n'Maggot Spellbook 1] is a very low-quality holder of information - hopefully, it won't fall apart from the arcane energies hidden in letters or won't get corrupted by dampness and termites.

Still, Grob has one spell - he is starting to think of himself as a wizard...

Bark'n'Maggot Spellbook 1
    - Shield

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Strong

Playing in the Rain
    Where other goblins shirked their duties Kurd strode forth boldly. The rain and clouds were nothing to a tough goblin such as him. He wouldn't let a little water stand between him and glory after all. Admittedly he probably could have done with a cloak. Maybe one of wolf leather. Yeah, he was planning to go fight the wolves again anyway. This time he'd make sure to keep one of their hide intact.

Such were Kurd's thoughts as the goblin trudged through the wet terrain west of the sunken keep. His first destination was the Mushroom Woods. If he found nothing interesting there he intended to head north and see what was on the Great Plains.

Pits and Snares
    The wolves howled for Kurd's blood, but that just made him smile in anticipation. The red blood lust flickered in Kurd's eyes as he anticipated the possibility of blood shed. He grinned ferally at his assembled underlings.

"Alright you lot. We've got traps to dig. Megakaz gots the digging sticks and nets and stuff. We's going to catch some wolves. Don't lag and we'll all get more stew and hides."

Kurd cajoles his little group into the rainy woods with promises of meat and glory. If any of them start lagging behind he gives them a thump to keep up.

Show
    1. Scout the Mushroom Woods
    2. Scout the Great Plains
    3. Cajole, intimidate, and bully his underlings, and any goblins who pass too close, into setting up traps for the wolves in the Hogwoods. I also want them to all pick up some sturdy branches to use as clubs. If it warrants a separate action then that will be action 3, and this will be action 4.

Is Kurd still wounded?

29. - Top - End - #59

Grob the scribe

Grob stands up to his full height and puffs his chest out at the other common Goblin. He didn't want to fight a whole batch of outcasts if he didn't have to. "My spear! You take other spear!" Grob makes a grab for the spear, even though he didn't want a fight he secretly wanted a chance to show off his cantrip magic. That will make the other Goblins fear him.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Grob, The Scribe

Spear

The other Goblin proves to be just a tiny bit faster and stronger, as he wrests the spear from Grob. As he prepares to retaliate with cantrip, Grob finds himself facing the end of a fairly sharp stick - were he to attempt a cantrip, the other goblin, Nod, would surely stab him.

Wolf Duty

Grob sneezes - all the cold and rain must have given him a light cold. Fortunately, it seems more annoying, then serious. The other goblins, miserable and scared of the wolf howls whisper between each other, about running away and just telling that they did the Wolf Duty - the goblins at the Hog Farm wouldn't know, as rain would conceal this scheme, so none would snitch to the Hob.

The discussion is interrupted by arrival of Kurd and a gang of six goblins. While some are happy, that there are more bodies, in case wolfs attack, others curse - the shirking of the duty would now probably be noticed.

Kurd, The Strong

Mushroom Woods, Thicket

As thunderstorm rages above Kurd hacks his way into the heart of the Mushroom woods through thorny (and probably poisonous) briar. Only determination and endurance allow Kurd to advance in such difficult terrain, in such terrible weather. The Thicket has tall strong trees and large patches of thorny shrubs, from which Kurd makes a weak, smoky fire to warm his bones. The place could probably serve the tribe well, as source of wood, game or berries (if those aren’t poisonous).

Great Plains, Sacked Village

Kurd enters ruins of a small village on the plains - the wooden and stone houses have been looted and burned, walls and roofs smashed and wooden palisade around the place brought down. Kurd spots a large collection of broken bones in the center of the ruins - the fate of whoever lived here is clear. Kurd checks for valuables and finding nothing to interest him, waits out the rain in one of the better preserved houses.

Pits and Snares

The promises of food and glory get the goblins walking, though only Kurd’s followers - it would take a much more persuasive goblin to get others out of Sunken Keep at such weather. Half the way to the place, Nub-Nub, Zunk and Rutkin remember a number of very important reasons of why they should go back to the relative warmth of home. Kurd counters them with a precise application of thumps and displays of his rusted cleaver.

Kurd’s group arrival to the Hogwoods cheers the goblins on the Wolf Duty - ’’The wolfies have been prowling around’’ tells one of them to Kurd. The realization, that deserting the duty, with Kurd around, would be perilous, dampens the cheers of the more cowardly goblins (pretty much all of them).

The thunderstorm makes setting the snares and digging the pits hard, but somehow the goblins manage to complete the job without any incidents from exhaustion and cold. Kurd’s suggestion for goblins to gather clubs and take part in his wolf-crusade almost incites a mutiny, but luck is on the tough goblin’s side - he manages to string together a speech, equal parts inspiring and threatening, to make goblins fall in line. They spread around, picking up hefty tree branches, trying to stay close and not loose the sight of each other in the rain.

[OOC: It takes an extra action, as mechanically, you needed to pass checks to temporarily raise your followers Loyalty to a point, where they would be willing to face mortal danger].