Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Goblin Tribe (IC)

Grunak

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grunak exchanges one of his tokens for food, devouring it almost immediately.

Outside the Sunken Keep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grunak simply nods to Chopp, and awaits news of the job he must fulfill.

Grob the Scribe
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grunak returns to pester the scribe further, after one of their sessions studying the blade. "Grob? You said you'd teach me what you learn.. with the Blade."

"What you learn? What does ... the word mean?"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Grunak

Trade & Food
    Spoiler
    Show

The tokens are for requisition of equipment - but naturally, one can trade them for a share of food. Unfortunately, Grunak finds that his low status and strangeness mean, that he manages to only trade Token 2 for 1 Food. Still, food's food.

[+1 WIS, Hunger reduced by 1.]

The weather is simply terrible - unless Grunak gains access to Sunken Keep's halls or finds other shelter, he'll be weakened by the next season.

[*Grunak can invoke a magical shield, by thinking or saying the sword's name and willing it.]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-11-29 at 07:49 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Well I like upkeeping the Sunken Keep's Halls. Weather's not good, I'll wait later to build the lumber yard"

Fard fixes up the halls a bit more and speaks to the relevant Goblin Hero to gain access to the Hall for himself and the Twins.

"Hello, as I have spent a great deal fixing up the Halls, I'd like access to stay here during this weather for myself and my followers."

Spoiler
    Show

2 Actions fix Hall more

1 action diplomacy- speak with Soxkill? Attempts to gain access to Hall.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Silently, Whistler searched - never straying too far from the Hogfarm. There was a time for music, but the Wolf Woods were dangerous - and he needed to be quick and quiet. Besides, the sky was making plenty of music for him - booming and crashing. A bit of berries here, a few mushrooms there, ooh some frogs will be tasty. Whistler knew how to find food. The forest had food for those who know how to find it.

Having found all he could, Whistler began working on the best branches he had gathered. Storms can be a real danger, and he needed to to get some sort of shelter up right away. A few stout limbs, strung between a cluster of tree trunks, and layered over with boughs of pine needles would provide him a small, cozy space - dry from the rain and hidden from enemies. At least he hoped. And if some wolf did chance upon him - at least those same stout limbs could give him some cover to defend himself.

Whistler made sure that his new hiding spot had a vantage towards the hogs. He had a job to do here - guard the hogs. It wasn't scouting, but at least he was outdoors. For a forest goblin like himself - outdoors in a storm beats indoors cleaning much off the stone floors of the keep every time.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 action - Use Survival skill to find as much food as possible on the edge of the Hogfarms and the Wolf Woods. Emphasis on safety (be quiet and cautious).
    1 action - Use Survival skill to make a small shelter where he can watch to hogs: safe, hidden, and relatively comfortable (in that order of priority).
    2 actions - Guard the hogs.
    Last edited by Snarkhunter; 2015-11-30 at 01:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Gwafhu decides that staying out of site and out of mind might be best right now. During his usual hours in the mushroom fields, he looks for a neglected patch seldom visited by other gobs. There he begins feeding dribbles of the elixir to smaller mushroom to see how it affects it's growth, convinced that the mushroom at least won't run away. In another nearby patch, he'll also practice trying to get sparks from his wand a bit more consistently, figuring that such a display might be used to discourage attackers.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

For the elixir experiment, Gwafhu is mostly looking for signs of it's effects, though I'd definitely be on board with him cultivating a mushroom patch that mimicked the elixirs effects if he can manage it.
    The sparking experiment is mostly part of a drive to gather supplies for exploration. He'd like to revisit the swamp, but wants a pole to test the ground first. Doing so will mean skirting a forest, so he's preparing for that.
    On a side note, what was the result of visiting Rhid? Did he trade his odds and ends for hooch or are we assuming Rhid just wasn't willing to see him?
    Last edited by Shimeran; 2015-11-30 at 04:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66

Grob the Scribe

Stupid Wolf Duty. Stupid Nod, he was now Grob's enemy and Grob would make him pay. Grob paced around the outside of the Wolf Pen's impatiently trying to keep warm in the cold and rain. He had no desire to run off and hide, well he did, but he knew if caught he would lose his sleeping quarters and that thought made him stay more than anything. And now that Kurd was here there was less of a chance of leaving...but Grob might be able to curry favor with the big Goblin if it looks like he is in charge of things.

He storms over to some outcasts huddling about a fire "You! Spread out! Go! no lazing about. Make sure the Wolves are contained!"

Other Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Build Boat: Grob is going to continue on building his boat

Grunak
    Spoiler
    Show

Grob nods eagerly. "Arbiter means...someone who has the power to make a decision. Like, the boss! To use blade, You need to clear your mind and focus on it, then say 'Arbiter' and it will put shield on you and protect you from baddies."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd the Strong

Scouting
    Kurd heads back to the warrens where he informs Hob of the thicket and the looted village. Not particularly interesting to Kurd, but maybe next season will be better. And he still has his wolf hunt to look forward to.

Wolf Woods
    The pits were dug, the traps were strung. Kurd's now miserable followers were as prepared they were going to get. The goblins on wolf duty were looking a bit less likely to run away. If Kurd were a bit smarter he might propose that a watch post be built. Something with a roof to keep out the rain, and height to stay away from the wolves. Unfortunately Kurd was not capable of expressing this level of complex forethought and so the guards would have to suffer in horrible weather for the foreseeable future.

For now however is was simply concerned with getting the wolves into his traps. A lesser goblin might propose bait of some kind. Maybe a piglet, or even another goblin. And if the wolves didn't take the bait so much the better. But Kurd was no lesser goblin. He was strong and brave. He would go out and find the wolves and bring them back to be captured.

Kurd explains the plan to his cohorts. He would go into the woods. A wolf would find him. He would run back and the wolf would fall into the pit. Then they would net it, and they'd be done. If there was more than one wolf even better. Most importantly the other goblins would stay on the far side of the pits. Kurd didn't want the wolves stopping before they ran over a pit or snare.

The plan being explained, such as it was, Kurd gives all of his followers a stern look and then heads into the woods towards the howling.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    5. Bait wolves into the traps. Preferably more than once, but also not more than 2 at a time. Admittedly that's really not in Kurd's control though. The main thing is to just go in the woods and attract the attention of some wolves. Then hightail it back to the traps.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-11-30 at 02:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Kurd The Strong

Scouting

Hob has Scribbler record the results of scouting expedition. ''I'll alert Kranch. Whoever burned that Village may have forces to try doing it to us.''

He produces a [Token 1], sliding it to Kurd. ''If you want to requisition something from our supplies.''

Wolf Baiting

As Kurd walked proudly into the woods he saw a smaller goblin barrel back, whistling loudly, adding a couple shouts - ''Wolves! Wolves!'' It seems that Kurd wouldn't need to go far to find himself a wolf. It also seems, that he'd find more then a couple...

Whistler

The Shelter

Making a shelter required hard work - endurance, that Whistler had just about enough and a bit of skill, which he had a bit more. Unfortunately, the ferocity of the thunderstorm was such, that his ramshackle shelter was clearly not going to last and it’s comforts were going to be limited. It did provide a nice concealment, in case of trouble.

The Foraging

The rain has brought out a number frogs, who could be roasted for a tasty snack. Whistler has gathered a couple into a fraying, squirming sack, before hearing a snap of a twig. He had stayed close to the Hog Farm, to avoid danger, hoping for safety near goblin patrols. This hope proved to be misplaced, as he saw large, snapping animal shapes move out of the woods. The wolves of the Hogwoods were coming - the whole pack of at least twelve beasts.

Whistler was lucky to see them in time - he abandoned the sack with frogs to freedom and run back, whistling to alert other goblins.

Whistler [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Shelter 2 (Comfort 1, Hidden 1)

The Thunderstorm’s strength is 3 - so Shelter is insufficient to properly protect against it.

Other Goblins

Grob The Scribe [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Boat 2] is finished. However, the weather would make a journey across the lake fairly dangerous at the moment.

Grunak [Covert Messages]
    Spoiler
    Show

Finally, Chop arrives to give Grunak his task.

’’Nezz is plotting against the Tribe with her ritual. Take out Zizix in secret and check possessions on his body for evidence.’’ It doesn't seem like Chop plans to go in great detail about the plan and he had chosen a moment and place, where no other goblins could see him talking to Grunak.

Fard

[OOC: All non-Outcast Goblins reside in the Halls. I assume all PCs are in Upper West, East or Lower West.]

The task of looking after the halls is fairly straightforward - keeping fires burning, taking out trash, keeping vermin away and breaking fights for territory. There’s definitely room for improvements - fixing crumbling walls, plugging rat holes and redrawing the borders of sleeping places, over which vicious fights break out daily. The main obstacle to improving the conditions of living are goblins themselves. The lazy gits breed rats for races, refuse to fix minor stuff, until it gets majorly broken, dig secret caches into load-bearing walls and steal anything of value.

The two Elite Goblins tasked with keeping order in the Halls - Koba and Brutalis, mostly let things go as it is, caring only for Warmhalls and Lower Eastern Hall, where they enforce some discipline. Thus the two places offer a bit better living conditions, for the goblins, who can afford to bribe Hall Leaders into letting them sleep there.

Pst-Pst [Secret Messages]
    Spoiler
    Show

A couple wretched looking goblins - clearly outcasts, approach Fard. ’’Hey, can you let us in the Halls? Nobody would know. It’s cold and damp out here, just a bit, to warm our bones.’’

[OOC: There's enough place in the Halls to fit Outcasts. But it would certainly go against Tribe laws...]

Fard [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Since you don’t need to persuade anyone to gain access to Halls, I assume that action is canceled. You can try to go beyond basic work to improve Hall Asset - there’s a troop of 4 goblins assigned to the task with you. If you chose to do it, I’ll need to know, how you go about doing it.]

Gwafhu

’’Gobiti, goobety, gop!’’ yells Gwafhu, waving around his staff. It sparkles and then a rainbow springs forth across the mushroom cavern, playing with colors and sending off small sparks. The goblin farmers look at the display in wonder - ’’Ooh! That’s so shiny and pre… AH MY EYES! THEY BURN! THEY BURN!’’ the goblin farmers fall down screaming and rolling around as the rainbow suddenly explodes. ’’He’s a WITCH! A WITCH!’’

The rumors run like wildfire across the Sunken Hall, that Gwafhu is a powerful wizard...

Gwafhu [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Rhid was in non-cooperative mood and declined to trade hootch for Gwafhu’s odd collection.

The elexir’s experiment seems to produce no effect on the mushrooms.

The Wolf Raid

Whistler’s warning gives goblins a couple minutes of warning, in which a competent leader may have rallied an inspired and fiendishly clever defence. Unfortunately, all they have in terms of leader figures are Kurd and Grob, brain and brawn split into two goblins.

The five outcasts are a sorry lot, weak from hunger and with a single spear among them. Their best chance to kill a wolf is probably, if one chokes, while eating them. Still, at the moment they are listening to Grob The Scribe, simply because he was bossing them around, before the wolves showed up.

The six of Kurd’s flunkies, armed with clubs are preparing to swing wildly at wolves, as they come, unless Kurd gives them better ideas. Kurd meanwhile is on the other side of the layed traps, but he probably can make it to other goblins, if he runs fast enough through the mud.

The five remaining goblins on the Wolf Duty are more fit and armed with spears, form a single goblin hedgehog, ready to stab anything, that comes at them.

From the Hog Farms, Snux, the Hog Goblins runs, waving his shepherd's crook - ’’Come you filthy muths! I give ye good woothping!’’

Whistler ducks into his shelter, disappearing from view of goblins and wolves alike.

From the woods the wolves come - they lost element of surprise with Whistler's warning, and rain may mask the traps, so conditions are fairly advantageous to goblins. On other hand, the wolves of Hogwoods are ferocious, powerful beasts and every time a whole pack attacked, the defending goblins suffered considerable casualties. Especially, when the hog-eater himself, the Old Chomper, led the pack.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-11-30 at 03:00 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd the Strong
    Kurd's desire to take on Old Chomper in glorious combat warred with his cowardly goblin instincts. In the end his minimal intellect managed to tip the fray by pointing out that he had just spent all that time setting traps for just this occurence, and he might as well use them before trying to fight 12 wolves at once.

Taking to his heels Kurd runs as fast as he can back through the traps. Fortunately he had been planning this, and he hadn't yet spent hours in the woods forgetting where they all were. As soon as he makes it through he turns around and prepares himself to take on whatever wolves get past the traps. Preferably Old Chomper. Now there would be a fine fight.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Really glad I spent an action arming them. In fact I did it for precisely this sort of situation.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-11-30 at 03:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Grob the Scribe

The Wolf Raid

"Quickly! Quickly!" Grob cries, "Wolves! Grab torches and get around the fire! Beat them off!"

Grob gets close to the fire with his back facing it to prevent getting attacked from the back and prepares to launch a ray of frost at any wolf that comes near "Attack the one Grob hits! We can kill it!"
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Wolf Raid

From his hidden shelter, Whistler watched as the wolves began their attack. He drew an arrow across his bow, ready to fire. He hoped the rain and hogs and battle would drown out his scent and the sound of his bow. But if a wolf approached him, he would be ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Try to hide. Shoot the wolves (target wolves that notice me first, followed by wolves that are injured). Don't shoot uninjured wolves.

12. - Top - End - #72

Chimera

Gwafhu takes that as one more reason to make himself scarce for now. Still, it does give him a bit more confidence toward skirting the edge of the forest for a suitable poking stick. If that goes well, he'll use said stick to test the ground in the swamp as he goes looking for more salvage.

Show
    1 action to find / craft a pole / staff (which may or may not have a knob on the end ). I'd assume adequate wood can be found on the outskirts of the forest path, but will be willing to switch locations if a deeper search is needed.

1 action to explore the firefly swamp, looking for salvage and trying to ignore the fireflies.

If there are any action left after shroom gathering and experiments let me know.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Gwafhu

Gwafhu crafts [Traveling Pole 1], before venturing to the swamp. The long stick to check the depth helps him navigate the swamp, easily avoiding the dangerous patches - it seems the rumor has overstated its dangers… Until a powerful thunderstorm arrives and Gwafhu finds himself lost in the rain and sinking into the ground. He manages to get ahold of some roots and drag himself on the branches of an old, gnarled tree, avoiding grisly death. The experience of waiting out the rain, with little protection is an unpleasant one.

[Gwafhu gains Fatigue 1]

Gwafhu [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

You have 1 action left. Gwafhu didn’t find much in the swamp, but perhaps thunderstorm distracted him.

Wolf Raid

One of the wolves falls into the pit with a yelp and ol’Chomper himself gets tangled in the snare. However, it doesn’t look like the poorly made ropes would hold it for long. Two wolves circle around him uncertain. The rest fall upon the goblins.

Grob and Outcasts are accosted by a single wolf, though another one regularly tries to flank them, when other goblins on wolf duty, fail to chase it away. Between Grob's blobs of magic and outcasts numerical superiority, the fight seems about even. On their flanks remaining wold duty goblins run around, keeping some pressure on wolves, but doing little damage. It's clearly only a matter of time, until a couple of them gets chomped.

Snux has tangled with a single wolf, and his crook is pummeling the beast mercilessly. It's not his first tangle with the wolves and it seems he has some old scores to settle.

Kurd and his crew are hard pressed - most of the wolves snap and pounce around them. To their credit, they seem to be holding their own, at least for now, but it's not a sort of fight, that's ends without blood spilled on both sides.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd the Strong
    A bit uncharacteristically Kurd is fighting defensively. He is seeking to keep the wolves attention on him, but blocks their lunges with his cleaver and dodging rather than making many attacks of his own. Contrary to popular belief Kurd is not just a ball of rage and bloodthirst. He can make plans and think tactically. Simple plans and simple tactics of course.

Right now his main desire is not to deal with the wolves attacking him. Yes, they are big and aggressive, and normally he would welcome the fight. But with Old Chomper on the field Kurd desperately wants to move to the main attraction.

And he wants to do so without being horribly wounded like he was in his last fight with the wolves. This is not the time for glorious single combat. This is the time for using overwhelming numbers to give opponents a savage beating. A traditional goblin tactic.

So Kurd moves around avoiding the wolves jaws and claws until he can get a good hit on the wolf attacking his followers. Once he has gotten it's attention he shouts. "We do this right. Thump them good one by one." He directs his followers to pile on to the last wolf fighting them while he keeps the other three distracted.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-12-03 at 02:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wolf Raid

’’Khhhh’’ tries to speak one of the outcasts, as wolf lunges and rips his throat away. His body falls and blood quickly flows, mixing with water. Only Grob’s presence prevents the rest of outcasts from fleeing. Bits of magic spring from his fingers, most dissipating harmlessly in flight, some retaining enough cohesion to hit the wolf, that seems mildly annoyed. Then one of Grob’s magic globs collides with a drop of rain and it crystallizes into an icicle, that hits wolf’s eye. It yelps in pain and shakes it’s head, trying to regain bearing - the Outcasts descend on wolf, pummeling it with sticks and hands, trying to finish it off. A second wolf comes from bushes, snapping at goblins, but the sole outcasts with spear, manages to hold it at bay for a moment. The wolf retreats, as one of the common goblins on wolf duty comes yelling from a tree.

The rest of the wolf duty goblins continue to spook the wolves, while staying away from danger. One of them is bitten, and limps away in fear. Others look tired and scared.

Snux brings down his weapon, smashing wolf’s head. He catches the beast’s neck in crook and flings it against the tree, with a force, that probably smashes it’s bones. As wolf staggers, weakly trying to raise, an arrow flies from a hidden place, finishing it off.

The six goblins and Kurd, against four wolves, proves to be a close match. The wolves, don’t rush to get themselves chopped by Kurd’s cleaver and goblins aren’t too eager to get bitten. As such none suffer too bad at first. Megakaz loses footing and apparently gets a nasty bruise, temporarily taking him out of fight. His injury is clearly non-fatal. In return, Kurd smashes his cleaver into the wolf’s skull, cracking it. The beast falls, breathless.

The wolves have expected to massacre the hogs, fill their bellies and get away, but their raid has been met with tough resistance. As such, the animals break off their attack, preparing to disappear into the deeper, darker parts of Hogwoods. Then a mad cackling erupts from no discernible location and both wind and rain stand still for a moment, leaving both goblins and wolves bewildered. The Chomper bursts from the snare’s ropes and howls madly, thrashing about and biting into one of the wolves that was near him. The lightning illuminates the scene and both rain and wind resume, their power growing stronger with every moment. The water drops are ice cold and wind seems to bite into the wounds and take strength from the lungs. The wolves redouble their attack, urged by Chomper, who seems to be in a grip of mad rage.

Kurd screams in defiance. The rage that he carefully held in check during his earlier fight surges from him unbound. He charges the wolves as goblin possessed, and it’s clear he’d slaughter anyone to get in his way, friend or foe.

The rest of the goblins waver - Kurd’s followers will probably stay, out of fear of their crazed leader. The rest are quickly cycling through fight or flight instinct, hoping they would pick one, that would let them survive.

Goblin Duty

Jalax is on Mushroom Farm Duty.

Howl is on Hog Duty. He herds the animals to safety, as the battle rages. The other goblins follow Snux command to bring pigs to the safety of Sunken Keep and it seems that the battle fought has won pigs enough time, to escape unharmed.

Skiike has been lucky enough to get kitchen duty - the Cook warns him, that if he pilfers anything, she's chopping his fingers off, but generally kitchen duty allows goblins on eat to skim a bit from the plates, getting extra food - as long as they aren't caught.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-03 at 02:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Skiike

Skiike chuckles to himself while he works, his hiding has once again paid off. While others are off in the wet hog farms he gets the nice warm kitchen. This will also let him do what he really wants to do, find Shadowslinker's hideout. It's sure to have all kinds of shiny stuff and might be a way to get rid of his sneaky competition.

Spoiler
    Show

actions:
    1) work in the Kitchen
    2) Look for people stealing from the kitchen
    3) Tail Shadowslinker around the Keep, using his magic ability and stealth skill to keep from getting noticed with a goal of finding the secret hideout.
    4) will either be looting Shadowslinker's hideout if found (if 3 is successful) or tailing Mondum and Zeik just like (3) with the intention of finding which one is trying to get Cook's job (if 3 isn't successful)). This information will be told to Cook to gain favor with him.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2015-12-03 at 03:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Jalax started his day by doing his work. While he is doing it, he also studied the state of the mushroom farm and started thinking about ways it could be done better, because food is the first thing a society need to have before it can start to grown and it was too dangerous outside to try to find more food outside.

After he was done with his work, he was going down to the collapsed tunnels. He had heard a lot of rumors about the collapsed tunnels, but he had never actually been there. He was going to change that, because he was beginning to hear good rumors about the place and besides, soon or later they were going to need more room.

Show
    Jalax is going to spend two turns working in the mushroom farm, while trying out to see how it could be done better. He is also going to spend one turn exploring the collapsed tunnels

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Skiike [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Skiike follows Shadowslinker, though it’s no easy task. The goblin is careful and alert. It seems the rumor of his hideout was just that - a rumor. Shadowslinker sleeps in one of the rooms in the Warmhalls, that doesn’t seem to hold any particular treasures.

Skiike observes Goblin Zmoreg, stealing pork chops, during his work in the kitchen.

Mondum and Zeik seem to be exercising all their skill at bootlicking, to keep themselves in Cook’s good graces. Thus they are diligent and attentive to their jobs, to a fault. The issue is no longer the talk of the tribe, but Cook is unlikely to have forgotten the theft and apparently her assistance have lost some of her favor, due to it. Skiike finds no indication of either goblin plotting against Fingers, though Mondum carefully chucks something, that looks like empty glass bottles into the shaft, leading to the stinkhole. If Skiike decides to retrieve them, he’ll need to either go into the stinky tunnels (an unpleasant chore) or convince one of the outcasts on the Stinkhole duty to help.

[OOC: I assume you have -1 Constitution? Your attributes don’t balance otherwise.]

Jalax

The Mushroom Farms were actually reclaimed by goblins - apparently, whoever lived in the fortress made them for some purpose - withstanding a siege? Or maybe they were just mushroom lovers. Jalax suspects, there could be some improvements made to the process, but he’s not certain how to do it. Maybe, if he thinks hard enough about it?

The Tunnels are simply put - collapsed. Unless they are cleared, it’s impossible to pass. Well, if a goblin with some clue of how to make tunnels (INT), sufficient strength (CON) and tools, were to carefully dig through, and know where to dig, maybe something could be achieved.

Jalax [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Mushroom Farms: You can in theory improve Mushroom Farms 2 -> 3, but Jalax knowledge and resources aren’t sufficient to make it a sure thing. There’ll be tricky skill checks to pass, to figure out, how it can be done.]

[Collapsed Tunnels: You can either get a work team of 5-15 goblins to clear away the rubble or you gather the stuff mentioned above to make a smaller, personal tunnel.]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunak

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Grunak will get his followers to watch out for Zizix. Steer clear of those lot, avoid being sacrifices, but if you see him, especially if you see him alone, tell Grunak
    2. Grunak too will skulk around the tribe, waiting for his opportunity to get Zizix alone.
    3. He will also spend some time listening to the whispers of Arbiter. He knows more about it now. It wants to protect him. Arbiter.. It wants to.. judge? To bring justice? What is it the gods want with him?

20. - Top - End - #80

Skiike

Skiike will make his way over to work next to Zmoreg, making some small talk. "Hey Zmoreg, Its my first time in da kitchen, does Fingers and da others come around and search us for stolen food? I heard rumors they do that. I would be a shame if they come over right now." Skiike will then watch Zmoreg squirm for a few seconds.

OOC: Yes, -1 con and -1 str.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Howl

Thankfully the goblins on wolf duty were doing their job well enough to provide enough time for Howl and the other goblins to bring the hogs at the safety of Sunken Keep. Snux managed to deal with the wolves that slipped through the wolf duty squad and came to attack the hog farm. While this was a good chance to capture some of the wolves so that Howl would attempt to train them it clearly wasn't the right time. Yet. These wolves had a clear leader and they probably wouldn't follow anyone else until he was taken down.

Howl wanted to help with the battle, not that much because he cared about the grunts that died but more because he wanted to get closer to one of the wolves in an attempt to at least familiarize himself more with them. But seeing the wolves' state right now made it clear to him that this wasn't the right time. He was no warrior and couldn't really defend himself against them so he would probably become food for the wolves he liked so much. Keeping the hogs out of the wolves' fangs also had priority right now.

After making up his mind on what he should do, Howl turned his attention to the hogs. With just a look it was clear to him that the hogs were terrified. The vicious thunderstorm along with the wolves' attacks has driven them on the edge. And while it was easy to let them escape from the wolves it was no easy task to keep them in check. Thankfully Howl was good at handling animals and tried to use his skills while also feeding and grooming them in an attempt to make them feel more at ease.

After he finished tending to the animals Howl would try to find the most calm one of them and attempt to ride it, provided that it would be large enough. If there was some rag or piece of leather nearby he would use it as a makeshift saddle. If not he would try to ride it bareback. In his attempt to ride the hog, Howl would make slow and steady moves, trying not to scare it, until he was in a position to ride it. He is good with animals and has tried this in the past so he was confident in his ability to at least get on top of it with no problems. Then he would just stand there for a while trying to get both of them more comfortable to each other. If the hog responded well he would try to command it to move by gently hitting its sides with his legs. He knew that training the hog to become a mount couldn't be done in a single day. Just staying on top without having the hog trying to shake him off and making it listen to simple commands would be more than enough for one day.

Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show
    2 Action Points to work at the hog farm
    1 action point helping the hogs escape and tending to them
    1 action point trying to ride a hog

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Grunak

Grunak [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The outcasts are usually fairly useless. This time not. It seems Zizix is keeping an eye on Kurd - perhaps Nezz has some interest in the big lump? The outcasts, who went to wolf guard duty, told Grunak, Zizix may be in the Hogwoods.

Grunak follows Zizix to the Hogwoods, but loses sight of him in the rain. And as he wanders in the rain, in search of him, servant of Nezz spots him first. ’’What are you loitering about here Outcast?’’

The Sword

Grunak thinks that great evil surrounds the tribe. He will need to be strong to vanquish it. Perhaps, he can prove himself to the gods, by slaying an evil foe? Could it be Zizix, as Kranch has said?

Skiike

’’Weeeell, weee have nothing to feear. Riiight.’’ Zmoreg wipes his sweat and adds it to the plate he’s serving, adding a bit of snot as a dressing. Yeah. He is squirming and throwing glances to where Fingers is working.

Howl

There’s nothing around to make a makeshift saddle from, so Howl has to contend himself with riding the hog bareback. He is successful at teaching it the simplest tricks, and his skill at riding, compensates a bit for the animal’s inexperience. He probably should tell Snux, that this one shouldn’t go to Fingers.

Howl[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Riding Hog, Training 1]

[OOC: Working on Hog Farm action includes preventing their escape, so it costs no extra action.]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Jalax realized that he did not have the power to dig a tunnel himself, and that it would be to difficult to convince enough of the other goblins to remove the rubble, at least for now. He also need to think some more about the mushroom farm, but that was for a later date. Instead of that he went to gather his followers, Mikurn and Kamad, to see if they together could find a way to at least to improve their part of the upper west hall, where they were sleeping together. Jalax was of course the smartest of the tree of them, but three brains are still better that one.

Show
    Jalax is going to do a brainstorm with his followers about how to improve at least their part of the sleeping quarter, but perhaps also the rest.

24. - Top - End - #84

Skiike

"Well, I has nothing to fear. You could be in a good bit of trouble." Skiike will give Zmoreg a nice wink before chuckling a little bit. "I willing to help you though, if you willing to help me. I saws Mondum through some bottles down tha shaft to the stinkhole. You get them out and I'll help hide tha missin food. You can even get one of them outcasts to do it for ya. We got a deal?"

25. - Top - End - #85

Grob the Scribe

Grob hooted and hollered in glee as the wolf was brought down because of his magical prowess. He surveyed the battlefield. They had won. He hopped about happily the outcasts chanting "Did it! Killed the wolves!"

26. - Top - End - #86

Chimera

Seeing as this could happen again and he's not keep on popping back in camp just yet, Gwafu looks for a likely spot to set up a small hideout. Besides, he'd likely be here later and having a hidden retreat could be very useful.

Ideally he'd find a reed patch around a small spot of firm ground, even a rock or tree root. From there, he could tie the tops together into a rough hut. He could probably improve it latter with mud thatching and gathered bedding later.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Howl

The first training session was a success and Howl was really happy about it. But there was no time just standing around and being happy. Howl knew that if he wanted to really train that hog he would also need the proper tools to do it. Securing the hog's longevity was also vital so Howl decided to look for Snux and talk about it. "Hey Snux" Howl said waving his hand at her while approaching her. "First lesson was success. Piglet listens my commands. If continue like this, we have warhog in no time. Guarantee." he continued with a big smile on his ugly goblin face. "Better no give that one to Fingers for pork chops, 'tis valuable." Having the hog be killed and served on a plate to the rest of the tribe would mean that Howl would have to start again from square one. And he was not willing to do that now that he has finally had a positive response from a hog. "I also needs a saddle and a bridle with reins to train Piglet. You knows any goblin has them?"

Spoiler: ACTIONS!
    Show
    1 action to use diplomacy with snux
    1 remaining action

OOC: for some reason I cannot access the text color command to show what my character says so I'll underline it if its fine with you
    Last edited by Vlamidjan; 2015-12-05 at 05:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Jalax

It’s fairly easy to come up with ways to improve the Lower West Hall - a schedule to keep fires going, some cleaning and clearly defined sleeping places. Jalax and his cabal come up with a set of [Jalax’es Seven Easy Rules of Efficient And Comfortable Habitation 2], that if followed, would lead to quick improvement in quality of living in Goblin Halls.

Now all he needs to do is convince around 40 other goblins, living in the Lower West Hall to follow them. They are not hard and the benefit is clear - certainly one would need to be a lazy, pig-headed stinkpot to refuse.

Skiike

’’Stinkhole!’’ Zmoreg looks unhappy. ’’I ain’t going there. Well… I can get one of the outcasts to do it.’’ Zmoreg looks tough - he certainly would have little problem bullying the weak outcasts.

Claiming a natural emergency, Zmoreg disappears. He returns fairly soon, giving Skiike an affirmative node. Fingers seems to be keeping an eye on Skiike and only his natural skills help him hide the stolen food. Twice, he is almost caught, but manages to cleverly conceal the prize.

The duty shift for the day ends and stench announces arrival of an outcast. The scrawny goblin looks around nervously. He tosses Zmoreg a bundle of broken glass. ’’Was like it.’’

Zmoreg nods to Skiike. ’’You got what you wanted. Now my food.’’

Skiike [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The bottle Mondum threw away seems to have broken. Despite the odor from outcast, Skiike can smell hootch from the glass shards.

Gwafhu

As the rain passes, Gwafhu constructs a primitive dwelling: [Swamp Hut 1]. It won’t provide much comfort in this weather, but it may be useful in the future.

Howl

Snux appears persuaded. ''Ay, I'll keepth Bethee tho you. You can thide her, ith you athk.'' He shakes his head at request of saddle. ''Nah. Don't know.''

Wolf Raid: Conclusion

The outcasts have to deal with only one wolf this time. They seem content to defend, hoping only for survival. Their tactic would have worked, if they were armed, but a single spear and Grob’s cantrips are insufficient. The wolf’s attack kills another outcasts - but luck seems to favor the survivors, as their spear-wielder catches wolf in the side, more by chance, than skill. The other goblins swarm it, biting and kicking, but the wounded creature manages to shrug off their ineffectual assault. Still, this one can be counted as a win, as wolf flees into the woods. However, before it can escape, an arrow flies from nowhere and hits it, finishing the creature off.

The other wolf duty goblins fare little better - though outnumbering the wolves and having arms, their fear and disorganization mean, that the opponent easily kills one of the goblins. The three remaining goblins shriek, going back to back and waving their arms wildly.

Snux finds himself surrounded by three wolves. His shepherd's crook becomes a whirlwind, but the mighty swings fail to connect with wolves, who wisely keep out of reach. One of them manages to bite Snux, but Hog-Goblin seems undeterred by blood and pain.

Meanwhile Kurd’s goblins find themselves facing just two wolves, one of them wounded. They descend on the beasts and successfully club one of them to death, pushing towards their leader, though not too close. Kurd is no doubt as dangerous as Chomper at this moment.

The battle between Kurd and Chomper is vicious and deadly. They roll in a ball of flailing limbs, flashes of cleaver and snapping of teeth. The wolf’s hide provides better protection, then torn cloth, Kurd is wearing, but it doesn’t help, when Kurd begins gouging wolf’s eyes. When they break apart, both are torn and barely standing, covered in blood and vicious wounds. The Chomper stumbles and Kurd’s fist smashes into its snout, knocking the beast back. Kurd’s followers rush to his side, sensing, that the rage of their leader was satiated. The wolves howl and flee, leaving goblins and Chomper behind.

[Kurd: 1 Light Wound, 2 Moderate Wounds, (CON -2)]

Result

One wolf is trapped in the pit. It’s attempts to climb out only lead to muddy earth collapsing.

Five wolves were slain. Chomper has been critically injured and is at mercy of goblins.

Two outcasts and one common goblin have been killed. A number of goblins on wolf duty and among Kurd’s followers suffered wounds. Snux seems to have received a serious wound.

Grob The Scribe [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC: I should note, that using magic without Spells, such as Shield that you've learned, is much weaker, then fighting with STR & Weapons. You had a combination of lucky rolls and environmental bonuses, that helped, but in order to be a threat on battlefield, you need to gain ''Wizard'' Class Levels.]

Kurd, The Wolfslayer [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC: If Kurd survives this turn, you'll get Barbarian Class Level this turn. And if rolls were slightly different, Chomper would have feasted on Kurd's innards. Well, your combination of savvy tactics and luck carried the day. Congratulations.]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-05 at 06:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunak

Stroll in the Rain
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grunak half ignores the servant, staying fixedly up towards the sky. "The gods sent me here."

He tries to walk away from the interloper and continue his search.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Now that was a fight. Despite his injuries the exhilaration of having beaten Old Chomper runs through Kurd's veins like fire. He did it. He was the best. Nothing could stop him now. "Get the Nets. Get the Ropes. We'll give Old Chomper to Nezz and feast like chiefs on the rest!"

"Ha! Ha! Ha!" Kurd waves his cleaver in the air gleefully. He directs his goblins to capture the wolf in the pit and Old Chomper. No need to do anything risky. The trapped wolf isn't going anywhere and Old Chomper will collapse of exhaustion soon if nothing else. The rest of the wolves will just be hauled back to the warrens any old way.

Kurd feels like collapsing of exhaustion himself, but first he goes to check on Snux. Kurd hadn't really thought much of Snux before this. Caring for the Hogs that was for weaklings. But Snux's fight against the wolves had been amazing. Almost as good as Kurd's own fight. Kurd had to make sure a fighter like that would survive. "How you doing Snux?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I just have a light wound and two moderate wounds now right? The severe wound got healed by Nezz.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-12-05 at 09:14 PM.