New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Goblin Tribe (IC)

Seemingly from nowhere, Whistler will appear in view of Kurd - then walk up to the two slain wolves and recover the arrows that ended each one's life. "Good fight, Kurd the Wolfslayer. {Looking down at the two dead canines} I have no need for both ... perhaps we can help each other. I could show a strong goblin like you, with a sharp blade like that, how to get a good trophy pelt from these and how to carve up the best meat for your feast. We could do it together and split the rewards - one pelt each - full of nice cuts of meat to cook."

If Kurd agrees - work with him using my knowledge of Survival to direct his skill with a blade to skin the pelts and dress the meat. I'll then take the pelt from the wolf that was speared in the side and shot - and fill it with my half of the harvested meat.

If Kurd doesn't want to help, then just take the one wolf corpse that was speared in the side and shot and drag/carry it off myself.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure if my Gather Food action from earlier was wasted by the attack - or if it can be applied to harvesting the wolves.
    Last edited by Snarkhunter; 2015-12-06 at 12:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Jalax decided that he would try to convince the goblins in the lower west hall to follow his rules for living in the hall. Together with Mikurn and Kamad, he began to gather the attention of the goblins in the hall. When they had gained attention of the majority of goblin in the hall, Jalax began a speech trying to convince them.

“Fellow goblins, as you all know, we live in squalor, but we dream of living in the warm halls, or perhaps even just the lower east hall. We all know the chances of that happening is slim, but what if I told you, that if we could not live in the warm halls, then we could bring some of the living standard of the warm halls to us? That we no longer would have to live in squalor, that we could make our lives better? My friends and I have come up with seven easy rules of efficient and comfortable habitation. These rules are very easy to understand and follow, in fact I can promise you that the energy you have to use to learn and follow them, are retuned manifolds, because the improved living will give your more energy than you have ever had. To sum it up, if you all are willing to follow these rules, then you standard of living would improve significant with minimal work for you.”

If Jalax succeeded in convincing the goblins, then he would afterwards explain the rules in more detail, while trying to make sound easy to follow and life improving.

If Jalax did not succeeded, he goes of the hall grumbling a bit, before going back to the hall to sleep.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Jalax will use his last turn to get the other goblins living in the lower west hall, to follow [Jalax’es Seven Easy Rules of Efficient And Comfortable Habitation 2].

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skiike

Skiike gives the food back to Zmoreg and stashes the broken glass somewhere in the kitchen, although not wanting to be seen hiding it he doesn't care if it is found later. He was hoping something a little more nefarious was going on, but this wasn't going to get him anywhere. He could still try to turn Zmoreg in, but tattle-tale isn't a great reputation to have.

Spoiler
    Show

I assume booze is something you can get from the kitchen, although not usually given out. I think I won't turn Zmoreg in.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Hogwoods

Feast

Kurd's mention of ''feast'' had prickled ears of all present goblins. While it's pretty clear, that Kurd's followers expect to enjoy it, the goblins on Wolf Duty are looking hungrily at the corpses - wolf's meat may be not as tasty as hog's meat, but food is food. The realization that fight to the death is over and spoils of war are being distributed washes over the goblins and seems to be waking their greed.

Snux

Snux is leaning on his crook, the wolf bite gave him a limp and his leg looks badly manged. Still, the Hog-Goblin seems pleased and greets Kurd warmly. ''Them muths all bark an no bith. Whump Thomper and they won't comth no more.'' Kurd's no expert in healing, though he is learning fast from personal experience, but unless treated, there's a risk that Snux would acquire a permanent limp.

Zizix

A goblin emerges from the trees - Zizix, one of the two elites, serving Nezz. He holds a mace in his hand and a symbol of skull, with chain running through it's eye sockets is carved into his forehead. ''Good job Kurd. Let me bring Chomper to Nezz. The great priestess invites you to stand beside her during the ceremony. She would reward your feat with holy power of Zon-Kuthon.''

Kurd's followers, who surround Chomper look at Kurd.

West Hall

The goblins don't seem particularly receptive - Jalax lacks authority and respect in the tribe, so many seem to dismiss his ideas without bothering to pay attention to them.
    And while some goblins seem receptive, it quickly becomes clear, that a significant number clearly don't plan to put any effort, hoping that the slack would be picked by ''those other suckers''. The hall feuds also bubble to surface, with blame flung around and old scores remembered - that one time, the rats escaped or somebody accidentally set fire to the place or the rather unpleasant stink-incident, nobody wishes to discuss in detail.

Grunak [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Ah. ''Servant of Nezz'' is Zizix

Skiike [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Booze is actually not so easy to obtain - you can't normally get it from the Kitchen, though it's possible that Fingers has some. In the tribe there are two possible sources for it - Crazy Rhid or personal stashes of certain Goblin Heroes.

Kurd [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes. Your wound was healed by Nezz, so you only have three new ones.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Whistler
    Kurd gives the other goblin a distracted look. "Why you get any wolves at all. I not see you fight them. Even the outcasts did better." Kurd sniffs in disdain. "Sides the wolves be for every gob not just me and you. If you want some you can skin them all."

Kurd doesn't think much of goblins who don't stand and fight, but he's feeling generous. Maybe it's the sense of duty and tribal spirit that set him hunting wolves instead of grabbing and outcast for Nezz. Or maybe it's the blood loss, but he's willing to let the shifty looking goblin in on the spoils without setting the other dozen greedy goblins on him.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And yes I know whistler actually made the shots that killed two wolves. But he specifically did that from hiding so no one else saw it. And he wouldn't have had the opportunity to do so if a bunch of other goblins hadn't been risking a mauling.

Loot
    Kurd sees to the distribution of wolf meat, pelts, and bones among the goblins. More easily if Whistler agrees to help. For a goblin it's relatively fair, which is to say that the outcasts get less, Kurd's own followers get a more, and the wolf duty goblins get somewhere in between. But it's a lot more equal than what other goblins might have seen to.

Such equitably might seem strange, but Kurd fights for glory and enjoyment rather than a more material desire for loot. He of course enjoys his position of superiority as is only right, but he's also loyal to the tribe as a whole and willing to show favor to any goblin who proves themselves to be an asset. Which to Kurd is a goblin that shows themselves capable of fighting.

Snux
    "Aye, Chomper be dead soon. But I'll miss the wolves yeah. They give a good scrap. If they come back anyway you be sure to let me know."There isn't much Kurd can do for Snux himself. But he resolves to see if he can't find Mork when they get back to the warren.

Spoiler:
    OOC
    Show
    Is Mork's player still playing?

Zizix
    Kurd scoffs, where was Zizix when the wolves were attacking. "And lets you claim credit. I know how that goes. Nezz said to bring a sacrifice to her not you. You can come, but I make sure she gets Old Chomper."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Howl was happy that Snux would let him ride and train the hog whenever he wanted. But in order to train it properly he really needed a saddle and a bridle with reins. And since Snux didn't have any he decided to go and ask the other goblins of the tribe if anyone had those or knew someone that had those or where they were kept. From the goblin heroes he would only bother Hob and Kranch and their henchmen, deeming the others unlikely to have them or too weird/dangerous to be worth the trouble. If anyone had them he would explain his cause and politely ask to either lend or donate them to him. If they weren't willing to part with them for free he would ask what they need to trade them for.

Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show
    1 action to gather information about someone having the equipment Howl is looking for
    Remaining Action Points 0

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wolf Raid Outcome

The goblins quickly kill the wolf trapped in the pit, by throwing rocks down it. Thus six wolfs are to be divided.

An idea occurs to several goblins to search the corpses of slain goblins - outcasts naturally have nothing, but the common goblin seemed to have had something... that was stolen by some quicker goblin, while everybody was looking elsewhere. Snux has called Hog Duty goblins - the corpses of slain goblins are to be fed to the hogs, a standard end for the goblinkind, that puts little value in burials and ceremonies.

Loot

[OOC: The current loot distribution looks like this. At this point most of present goblins are prepared to go along with Kurd's distribution plan, so Whistler's attempt to take a corpse would be blocked by other goblins.]

Kurd's Goblins: 3 Wolf Meat, 4 Pelts
    Wolf Duty: 2 Wolf Meat, 2 Pelts
    Outcasts: 1 Wolf Meat

The wolf meat can be eaten raw or cooked to produce [Food] - most present goblins would just bring the corpses to the Fingers, who keeps part of the meet, but whose cooking skills produce filling stew or cutlets.

The pelts can be harvested to make materials, from which clothing and armor can be made. The spears and Kurd's cleaver represent the best carving tools for the job available. It seems Whistler does have some expertise in the area, so his assistance can improve the quality of furs or leather, that could be made from pelts.

Kurd

Snux, The Hog-Goblin

''Pigth thtealing pethts. But thumping them isth theels good. Maybe Hobths can build new tharm now. Expthand and raise therociousth warhogths.''

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, Mork's player isn't posting. You may locate healer in tribe yet - you may have failed that time, due to bad luck. Or start to cultivate local talent - one of your followers can potentially learn the skills, if supported and encouraged.

Zizix

''I'll report to Nezz of your success. Don't take too long.''

Howl

Howl finds Scribbler, the right-hand of Hob. ''Yes, we have a saddle in armory.'' answers the small goblin sympathetically. ''However, according to Chief Soxkill and Hob the Taskmaster order, no free stuff.'' He shrugs. ''Bring something of value in exchange and I'll requisition the saddle.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-08 at 01:01 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunak

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last Action: Grunak trades his remaining token in for some food

Grunak will also rush Zizix with the blade, hoping to catch him off guard
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2015-12-08 at 03:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

"My whistles warned you of the wolves, or they would have ripped you apart before you even knew they were here. Any my arrows killed these two wolves so they couldn't escape - there wouldn't be any meat or pelts from them if I hadn't shot them. You had lots of help from me in this fight. You want to deny it?" Whistler says coldly to Kurd and the other goblins. It has been just minutes since his whistles had alerted them all to the attack, and just moments since he pulled his arrows from the dead wolves. "Fine. Maybe next time you won't have any help from Whistler."

With that, Whistler will back off from the wolves and give up his claim to those he killed. He has no interest in offering more help to this ungrateful lot.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    @Thelonius - Please let me know if I recovered my arrows and if my Gather Food action can continue now that the fight is over - or if it was wasted. In the future, I would prefer a chance to decide my actions (such as dropping the bag of frogs instead of just carrying it while I ran; and making load whistles to warn the goblins at the farm instead of returning quietly, hoping not to draw the wolves attention to myself)
    Last edited by Snarkhunter; 2015-12-08 at 04:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

"And if we no dug those traps for Old Chomper all the hogs would be wolf food. I no say you didn't help. I say you not kill wolves. You get a share like every goblin. I even see you get a whole pelt if you help make all the pelts better. But you no get wolf for yourself, because you no kill wolf by yourself."

"You want a whole wolf, then go hunt. There are a few left." Kurd gestures expansively at the forest where the remaining wolves have run off to. He thinks he's being quite generous and if the smaller goblin doesn't want any of the loot then it's no skin off Kurd's back.

If Whistler is willing to help Kurd will see to it that he gets one of the pelts from the ones set aside for Kurd's followers. Kurd will also attempt to find the largest and most intact wolf skull. He plans to make it into a helmet if he can find a suitable one. Otherwise he is fine with the current distribution of meat and pelts.

Show
    And just for the record Kurd does not consider himself part of the group made up of his followers. The only thing he's getting out of this is the possible skull and giving Old Chomper to Nezz.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-12-08 at 04:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Grunak [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC: Generally trading tokens is free action, but yours involves negotiating, so it takes one.]

Grunak trades Token 1 for Food 1, successfully convincing Scribbler.

Zizix

Zizix is a large, tough goblin, his fleshed carved with symbols of Zon-Kuthon. They whisper, that the carvings give him divine protection. Even with a superior weapon, Grunak’s chances are dicy. So he choses a surprise attack. And it works - Zizix clearly didn’t expect to be attacked by some outcast. Whether it would be enough… If Grunak can finish it with a single strike, then maybe it would. Zizix raises his flail and if it weren’t for the surprise attack and Grunak’s newfound confidence with Arbiter, he would probably blocked it.

The sword strikes, but the armor Zizix wears, crude it may be, is enough to prevent a killing blow - and his flesh seems to be tougher, than can be expected, as if something prevents Grunak’s blade from going deeper.

Zizix raises flail and two goblins clash. Once more, the battle is a close one - Grunak still maintains a slight edge - the wound he inflicted slowing Zizix down. He scores another blow, while his own armor and nimble movements prevent Zizix from drawing blood. His opponent is breathing hard, as blood drips down his body - a chance to outlast him? Grunak kicks Zizix and unleashes a barrage of brutal blows, foregoing precision for strength. His enemy’s strength falters and Grunak skewers him. Snarling, Zizix unleashes a last ditch strike, to take Grunak with him. Fortunately, his flail is not as strong as blade - it rips Grunak’s armor to shreds, but leaves him only with scratches. Painful, but non-threatening.

Zizix is dead. On his body Grunak finds a scroll with indecipherable scribbles, flail and armor, that are marked with symbols of Zon-Kuthon as well as [Weaponsmith Tools 2].

Grunak lost [Armor 2], but he is filled with a sense of profound righteousness. His connection to the voices feels stronger...

Whistler [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I’m sorry. The food gathering action was interrupted by the wolf attack, I just fluffed it as Whistler dropping the bag with frogs. But as for warning other goblins, you should have had option to react differently. I’ll be careful about it next time.

Arrows recovered. And most goblins aren’t particularly bright, so they’d be making connection ’’shot wolves & only goblin with a bow’’ only now.

To clarify - Whistler is part of the ’’Wolf Duty’’ goblins and has claim on their part of spoils.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

End of Turn

Weather

The thunderstorms pass, and as usual in such harsh weather, several outcasts and common goblins are unaccounted for.

The Ceremony

Nezz gathers goblins on the Sunken Keep for the ceremony dedicated to Zon-Kuthon. To the relief of many, the sacrifice is a wolf - Chomper, who long menaced the goblin hogs. Before the gathered masses, Nezz skins the beast, while keeping it alive with her magic. She calls upon the power of her god and then produces a needle with red thread and sews the wolfskin back to old Chomper, though it’s plain for everybody to see, that it doesn’t quite fit - the resulting creature is a mockery of what it was, a pained, mutilated beast, bound to Nezz’es will. The gathered goblins consider leaving (but not to appear to be leaving first, so there's a lot of stumbling and cursing), thinking the ceremony is over, but Nezz speaks.

’’I have sent Kurd on the holy quest to slay our enemy. This mutt, that now slobbers at my feet. He shall menace our tribe no longer. Kurd The Wolfslayer, accept the gift of Zon-Kuthon.’’ She touches the cleaver, that Kurd carries, and divine magic surges into it. The glow fades, but the weapon seems more dangerous now. Goblins cheer for the hero of the hour, but Nezz isn’t finished. She continues: ’’Our tribe has grown weak. We hide in this keep, while others enjoy the riches of the land. A pack of flea-ridden mongrels, have dared to steal our hogs. For how long shall we be weak? For how long shall we live on scraps? It is time for us to become strong - through power of Zon-Kuthon!’’ The goblins cheer and clap, quite pleased to hear promises of riches and power. Nezz spreads her hands and a cloak of divine power descends upon her, making the goblin priestess grow in stature, her presence overwhelming. ’’Come brave ones, strong ones - and I shall endow you with power to break our enemies - you shall become the Scourge of Zon-Kuthon! Invincible! Great! Terrifying!’’ The idea seems to take hold, despite the fear many goblins feel about Nezz.

’’The tribe already has warriors.’’ speaks a voice from behind the crowd. Soxkill and his elites, accompanied by Kranch is there. ’’You can lend them your power.’’

’’They haven’t proven themselves, like Kurd did. One must be strong to receive the blessing of the god.’’ parries Nezz. ’’The Scourge shall serve the tribe - it will make us strong. You would not oppose strengthening the tribe, Chief Soxkill?’’

Nezz and Soxkill hold each other’s eyes, while goblins in the room stand holding their breath. ’’Well, you can make this Scourge, but I believe they’ll prove to be nothing but big-mouthed louts. Bring those riches and victories and Scourge may stay. Prove your big words with deeds Nezz.’’ spits Soxkill and leaves the room.

Grob, The Scribe
    Spoiler
    Show

Guard 1: Grob defended against wolf raid. Outcast Reputation [+].
    Guard 2: Grob defended against wolf raid. Outcast Reputation [+].
    Spell writing: Crafted [Spellbook 1 (Shield Spell)]
    Boat Building: Constructed [Boat 2].

Recieved Wolf Pelt from loot.

Kurd, The Wolfslayer
    Spoiler
    Show

Scout Great Plains: Location, Sacked Village Discovered
    Scout Mushroom Woods: Location, Thicket Discovered
    Followers, Trapbuilding: Built Traps
    Followers, Arming: Armed Followers with [Branches 1]
    Lure Wolves: Interrupted by wolves attack.

Fard
    Spoiler
    Show

Hall Duty: Fard preforms Hall Duty.
    Hall Duty: Fard preforms Hall Duty.
    Rest
    Rest
    Rest

Whistler
    Spoiler
    Show

Guard Hogs: Hogs Guarded. Sharpshooter+
    Guard Hogs: Hogs Guarded.
    Foraging: Interrupted by Wolf Attack
    Shelter Construction: Hog Farm, Shelter 2 (Shelter 1, Hidden 1)
    [Rest or Loot related]

Received Wolf Pelt as loot.

Gwafhu
    Spoiler
    Show

Farm Duty: Elixir test produces no result.
    Farm Duty: Wand test blinds goblins on farm duty. Reputation Dangerous Sorcerer [++].
    Craft Pole: Made [Pole 1]
    Explore Firefly Swamp: Discovered Northern Marsh. Got caught in the Thunderstorm.
    Build Shelter: Constructed [Swamp Hut 1]

Skiike
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitchen Work: Blackmailed Zmoreg.
    Kitchen Work: Sneaked around. Sleight of Hand+
    Shadowslinker Tailing: Disproved rumors of hidden room. Stealth+
    Mondum Tailing: Discovered thrown away booze bottle.
    Rest

Jalax
    Spoiler
    Show

Mushroom Farm: Contemplated on Farming improvement.
    Mushroom Farm: Worked on Farm.
    Studied Collapsed Tunnels:
    Improving Halls: Developed [Jalax'es Habitation Rules 2]
    Rest

Grunak
    Spoiler
    Show

Followers Spy on Zizix: Outcasts Rep+
    Stalking Zizix: Stealth+
    Listening to Arbiter: Piety+
    Killing Zizix: Piety+, Scroll [?], Weaponsmith Tools 2, Zizix Flail & Armor 2. Lost Armor 2.

Grunak finds door to the Sunken Keep unlocked... He spends the thunderstorms in the warmth, trying not to draw undue attention.

Howl
    Spoiler
    Show

Hogfarm Work: Working
    Hogfarm Work: Working
    Hog Training: Howl trains one [Riding Hog 1.]
    Diplomacy: Howl gains permission to ride Hog. Snux Favor+
    Trade Saddle: Found Saddle in Armory. Negotiated discount.

Turn 3, The Cold Season

The Weather

There’s a bit of snow and the mountains gain white hats, but lack of cold wind and clear, sunny sky mean that cold season is quite bearable, even if most goblins lack warm clothes.

Politics

The recent events have unbalanced the goblin society, as Nezz’es unannounced challenge to Soxkill’s leadership strains the very fabric of the tribe. On one side is Nezz, the might of her cruel God and the newly formed Scourge, composed of goblins, who volunteered to become Zon-Kuthon’s holy warriors. At least a dozen of fresh recruits received blessings of Zon-Kuthon and now walk with the mark of cruel god. On the other side is Soxkill and Kranch, as well as many goblins, who would prefer Nezz wasn’t in charge. Both sides fence with subtle provocations and pushes, though it appears, so far none wishes to turn to open conflict. Whether the tensions die down, result in a compromise or end up in a coup/purges, only time will tell.

The other Goblin Heroes seem to stay out of it. Hob seems to be irritated and yelling at slacking goblins more than usual.

Fingers on other hand is in a good mood - the Dining Hall is cozy and warm, as Mondum and Ziek organized cleaning and feed the fires. Some of the ’’well-mannered’’ goblins, even get extra portions from the cook.

Shadowslinker announced, he’d be leaving on some ’’adventure’’, and it seems he can’t wait to get out of the Sunken Keep.

Meanwhile, Kurd The Wolfslayer has gained Elite status in the tribe. Many expect him to declare allegiance to one of the Goblin Heroes - or die in an unfortunate ’’accident’’.

Shadowslinker’s ’’Adventure’’

Shadowslinker is gathering a group of goblins to go on ’’Adventure’’, that would recover great riches for the tribe. While Shadowslinker usually uses his companions to trigger traps he can’t evade, the few survivors of previous expeditions have returned richly rewarded for their trouble.

Rumors

Kranch’s allegiance to Soxkill is less, then he pronounce. In secret he’s been in Nezz’es service all along.

There’s a secret goblin hero ’’Masque The Mask’’ - he’s manipulating events to become the new Chief.

Kurd murdered Zizix, who hasn’t been seen recently. He’s aiming to become the Champion of Zon-Kuthon and is removing Nezz’es other favorites.

Now that wolves have been beaten, the worse enemy they held at bay is coming. The horses of Great Plains are coming to trample and bite all goblins.

Shadowslinker is a cannibal and his ’’adventure’’ is a way he can lure foolish goblins into his cauldron.

Crazy Rhid has left his tunnels to negotiate - either with Soxkill or Nezz. His help may tip the current balance, but at what price?

Special Rules

Goblins using Rest action in Dining Hall will receive +2 Stat bonus in the next turn and have a chance to get extra Food. (only 1 Rest action gives this bonus).

Goblins

Rest
    [Bonuses from Rest go away]
    Jalax: +1 STR
    Skiike: +1 CON

Tribe Duty

''Grob - kitchen duty.''

''Fard - Lower Halls Duty.''

''Whistler - Hog Duty.''

''Gwafhu - Lower Halls Duty''

''Skiike''. Hob The Taskmaster calls the sneaky goblin. ''You are on rotation for Upper Keep duty, serving Chief's court. But first, you need to convince me, you won't mess it up.''

''Jalax - Hog Duty''

''Howl - Mushroom gathering in Mushroomwoods.''

''Anyone who signs up for Shadowslinker's suicide mission is excused from Duty. Last time, two goblins out of ten returned alive. But your greedy rat brains just can't process it, so I expect to see a new batch of fools.''

Grunak [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Piety: you can invoke it to try to get some holy assistance or advance in Class Level, Paladin. For the latter, you haven't got enough Piety yet.

Kranch wishes to meet Grunak discreetly.

Kurd, Wolfsayer [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Kurd has 2 Moderate Wounds, that failed to heal on their own.

Kurd gains Class Level Barbarian 1:
    +1 HP
    +1 Power (dice rolled in combat)
    Control over Rage Improved
    Speed+ (for tactics)

Kurd gains Status: Elite.

He receives 2 Food from Kitchens, instead of 1.

He is now part of the Tribe's ruling class, and as such isn't assigned duty.

He does however, find himself center of attention from Goblin Heroes, whose intentions he doesn't quite get :) Or does he?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-09 at 12:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Skiike

Skiike gets a large grin on his face, this will be a great opportunity, one he has been wanting for a long while.

Oh I wont mess this up, I been waitin for this kinda chance to prove myself to the clan for a long time now. Da cheif's court will be very pleased with my work.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

End of Turn 2

With the acknowledgement of his help by Kurd during the fight, as well as the beginnings of awareness of his archery talents by the other goblins on hog duty, Whistler eventually relents and decides to help with field dressing the wolf corpses to get quality pelts and meat.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This will use my last action - but will hopefully result in a bit higher quality of pelts. Assuming Kurd follows through with his offer, Whistler should start the next Turn with 2 wolf pelts (one from Wolf Duty, one from Kurd)? Also - while skinning the wolves, Whistler will try to acquire a few good lengths of tendon from either the legs or the back of the wolves. He hopes to use it as a new string for his bow - as well as for fashioning a few other things.

Turn 3

Whistler was excited about the chance to get out of the keep and explore with Shadowslinker - and immediately went to Hob to sign up for the trip. He would have to hurry to accomplish a few things before they leave.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Action 1: Fashion protective leathers from the wolf pelts and tendon (cloak, pants, shirt, whatever I can work out).
    Action 2: Fashion a new bowstring from the tendon.
    Action 3: Rest in the Dining Hall
    Actions 4-5: Adventure with Shadowslinker.
    Last edited by Snarkhunter; 2015-12-09 at 01:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Jalax did not like his duty, as it meant that he had to be out in the cold, but he decided to try to get the best out of it. While working with the hogs, he would try to find out what happened when they were slaughtered and more specific what happed with their skin. One could never know if one gets some of that to make some warmer cloths to this cold weather. After that he would try to think up how to more efficient breed and slaughter the hogs, more out of principle, that the belief that he could find a way to do it. After all, Jalax knew very little about animals.

After he was done with his duty, he would try to find a person with more authority and respect in the tribe that he had. One who help make his idea a reality.

Krud, the Wolfslayer
    Spoiler
    Show
    A goblin approaches you, at a moment were alone and not looking to busy. The goblin did not look much like Krud. The goblin looked weak, while Kurd looked strong, and the goblin was a lot cleaner than most of the goblins in the tribe. When the goblin got close to Kurd, the goblin started talking. “Greeting, Wolfslayer. I have heard of you deeds and how you succeed at defeating Old Chomper, and thereby proving your great strength. I am Jalax and I have a proposition if you are willing to hear me out.”

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Jalax
    Kurd looked at the other goblin with disinterest. Still he wasn't doing anything else at the moment. "I listening."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Gwafu found the the idea of adventuring interesting, though more so if he could recuperate a bit first. While sitting around the fire, he'll start carving away at the end of his pole, occasionally poking it in the fire, in the hopes of getting a bit more of sharp tip should he need it. As he does so, he'll keep an ear open and try to judge other's interest in the expedition.

Show
    I'm looking to rest away that fatigue from last season. I'm also trying to use woodworking and fire hardening to make the give the pole a point so it can function as a kind of long spear or pike.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Krud, the Wolfslayer

Jalax seemed most pleased that Kurd was willing to listen to him and continued talking. “Thank you for your time, Wolfslayer. The proposition I have is about a problem I believe you can help me with. It is not anything dangerous, but the problem is that I have been thinking about how to make life better in the halls, specifically the lower west hall, where I live. Together with a couple of my friends, we came up with seven easy rules that would improving the living standard, but the other goblins would not listen to me, because I lack that respect of the other goblins. The help I want from you is to help me convince them to listen, because if they will not listen to me, they will most likely listen to you, because of your prowess as a warrior. Perhaps you wondering what there is in it for you, and to that I have two things to say. The first thing is that if you have not been grated better sleeping quarters as a part of your new status, then you would befit of the better living standard. The second thing is that I would owe you a favor, and if you ever need something build then I am definitely your goblin.” After stating his proposition, Jalax waited to hear Kurds response.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunak

The diminutive, strange little goblin has been seen in and around Sunken keep lately, muttering to himself and twitching. Not one to be approached without good reason. He seems shaken by something, and fears the approach of others.

However, today, he is on a mission. He seeks out the one named Grob, and calls out to him. "Grob? Need to talk. Have something for you. And something to ask. We can talk?"

A Discreet Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grunak meets with Kranch. He seems.. twitchier than before. He hardly seems to notice Kranch, focusing intently on the blade, caressing it in his hand, watching it shimmer in the light.

"The gods liked that death. He must have not been a true servant. Or his god and mine don't mix." Grunak pulls his gaze away from the knife. "How much more before I can return to the tribe?"
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2015-12-10 at 05:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Jalax
    Kurd considers the words of the other goblins. The many many words. Most of them poured in one of his long ears and out the other but he did grasp the general concept. "Better halls, hmm? What are these rules?"

Healer
    Kurd has found himself injured again. Not only that, but his loyal followers have been injured as well. It isn't very serious, but on the other hand not being able to fight at your best was always bad. So he set out to fix the situation. If there wasn't a healer, besides Nezz, in the tribe, then he would just have to make one of the other goblins do it.

Trading
    Kurd goes to find where Scribbler has been lurking. He wants to trade in his token for some armor. Anything would be better than the rags he has now.

Show
    1. Find a goblin with an aptitude for healing and persuade them to pursue that aptitude. Preferably one of Kurd's flunkies like Megakaz, but any of the common or uncommon goblins will do.
    2. Kurd fashions his wolf skull into a crude helmet. The better to show off his prowess and strike fear into the hearts of his enemies.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-12-10 at 05:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Skiike

''Bah.'' Hob scoffs. ''I’ve seen enough servility acts to last me a lifetime.'' He looks down on the shorter goblin. ''Tell me, you little sneak - will I be proud of your work?''

Whistler

Hob sends Whistler to Shadowslinker - ''If he takes you, you are free to go.’’

Whistler finds Shadowslinker in the Warmhalls. ''Aye. You are that goblins, that shot wolves from cover. Good, you’ll do. We'll be sailing across the Lake, so you'll need make a raft. The weather's so calm, any will do to cross the lake. Or convince me, you are worth giving you a spot on the boat, which I can fill with treasure.''

Actions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Action 1

You have 2 Pelts. At this point you can craft Fur Clothes 2, enough for this mild winter. If you had Sewing Tools 1 or other stuff, that would give you bonuses, you could make Fur Clothes 3. Do go you ahead with making Fur Clothes 2?]

Action 2

The bow with a new string is much easier to use. This is probably the best Whistler can do with the old thing. [Bow 2 -> Bow 3]

Action 3

Whistler relaxes in the Dining Hall. Unfortunately, he doesn’t get extra rations from Fingers, but the good atmosphere lifts his spirits considerable.

[OOC: I'll post on Shadowslinker's plan tomorrow.]

Gwafhu

Gwafhu works on the long pole, eventually producing [Spear 2].

[OOC: Fatigue is removed at the end of the Turn, so no need to spend actions here.]

Grunak

A Discreet Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Kranch listens to Grunak, and seems to give weight to his words. ''Perhaps, your path is to stop the evil of Nezz, from corrupting our tribe. Why else, would the gods give you the weapon to defeat her servant and led you to me. Why else have you been chosen?''

Kranch falls silent deep in contemplation. He speaks again, apparently having reached some decision. ''I can’t let you rejoin the tribe just yet. Nezz and her Scourge watch over myself and Soxkill’s Elites - if you return, their eyes would be on you. Now, I believe, your position of the outcast gives you freedom to act, that is too valuable. Patience, Grunak. The time will come to see you restored, but for now we need to prepare. If we strike now, the war would leave our tribe weakened and vulnerable to outside enemies. We need to build our strength for a decisive blow. Unfortunately, Soxkill’s fears have weakened his mind - he hoards weapons, that could be used to oppose Nezz, fearing that if tribe’s warriors get them, they would seek to otherthrow him. Only his elites are trusted with half-decent equipment. This would leave us ill-prepared for the trials to come.’’

''I have considered how we can acquire arms. First, there’s Shadowslinker’s mission. I expect he won’t care too much for weapons in his search for treasure and would be unwilling to part with them. His loyalty to the tribe has always been tenuous. Still, if you think you could steer the expedition into arms acquisition and best Shadowslinker’s greed, it may work. The other way is breaching Treasury - Soxkill watches Nezz intently, and this leaves him blind against others. If for example Outcasts create a diversion, I may create an opening for you to access the Treasury and secure us arms. The final option is Crazy Rhid. He is unhinged and dangerous, but he is also a skilled alchemist, capable of creating bombs. Still… approaching him is no less risk, than other options.''

Kurd

Megakaz, Healer?

''Ah boss. Yeah. I’ve been thinking how I should be a-fixing my leg.'' Megakaz nods. ''And I got some ideas. I could use some herbs though - I think some good ones grow in the Firefly Swamp, but I can’t go there, with my wound. And maybe if you could get a few tips off Crazy Rhid - he’s got books about healing. Well, I can’t read, but they have pictures.''

Hob’s Stockroom

Scribbler examines token and nods. ''I may be able to get [Leather Armor 1]. We should have some left.'' Two goblins emerge from a corridor, their equipment clearly superior and frames muscular. Peeks and Rimbles. The two of Soxkill’s elites. Rimbles shakes his head disapprovingly. ''Certainly, the Wolfslayer doesn’t plan to wear such trash, as what can be found under Hob’s bed. The armor fit for warriors can be found in the Chief’s Treasury. You should ask Soxkill for arms - he would not deny the hero, who defeated Chomper''.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-10 at 07:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Jalax was thrilled, Kurd was willing to hear the rules. The other goblins had stopped listening before he had the chance to even tell them. “The rules are easy to understand, and very useful. Them you will learn easily.” Then Jalax tries to teach Kurd [Jalax’es Seven Easy Rules of Efficient And Comfortable Habitation 2].

23. - Top - End - #113

Skiike

Skiike pauses for a few moments thinking to himself. He was sure he could do what Hob wanted, he just didn't know what Hob wanted. Did he want Skiike to spy for him? Did he want Skiike to keep his head down? Did he want Skiike to try to kill someone? The options were endless, and asking blatantly was obviously not what Hob wanted to do. But without more details he had no other option. Looking back up to the taskmaster eerrrr, what would make Hob proud. Skiike will do whatever he can to make the task master proud, but I don't know what makes master Hob proud.

24. - Top - End - #114

Grob the Scribe

Grob hated kitchen duty. Why did they make poor Grob work? He could read and write letters that's all the work he needed to be doing. He wondered whether or not it would be better to go on the adventure with Shadowslinker. There might be a chance to find magic there. That's it, it was decided Grob was going to go on the adventure with Shadowslinker so he could find real magic.

Shadowslinker's Adventure

Grob went off to find Shadowslinker or one of his boys, whoever was organizing the expedition. Proudly marching up to them "Grob will go on adventure! Grob knows his letters and can read and write."

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Scouting: Grob is going to use his boat to explore the other side of the lake.

Crafting: Grob is going to find a Goblin crafter to turn his wolf pelt into a wolf cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Megakaz
    Kurd makes sure to get a description of the herbs Megakaz wants. Kurd was feeling a bit restless and he hasn't been to the swamp in a while. Whether he'll remember which kinds of herbs Megakaz wants is another matter entirely.

The Stockroom
    Kurd eyes the two burly goblins. They might be all arrogant and superior, but he thinks he could take them. After all when was the last time they really fought. Kurd just doesn't have any reason to fight other goblins. "Ok, I got talk to Soxkill."

And indeed that is what Kurd does. Going up into the keep itself he approaches the chief's room. Kurd attempts to be as respectful as possible. He might fear Nezz, but Kranch and Soxkill have proven themselves against the tribe's enemies. And even if Kurd thinks they're being a bit too cautious lately he still remembers that.

"Chief Sockill? Can I please have some armor?"

Jalax's Easy Rules of Efficient And Comfortable Habitation
    Kurd's ear lower as he hears the name. "Ugh, that name too long. I call them Hall Rules." He looks around for his flunkies. "Hey Nub-Nub, Zunk, Glux! Dis goblin says he has ways for making the Hall better. You go make the other gobs in our Hall do them. Tell em I thump them if they don't." He turns back to Jalax. "I's going to the swamp. I get back and the Hall be better then I sees about helping you's hall too. If the Hall be worse, then I thump you."

Divine Rumors
    Kurd finds Rutkin one of his flunkies. "Rutkin I hear you know Nezz. I also hear dat Nezz's warriors be stronger than normal gobs. Is dat true?"

Armory
    Next he finds his last pair of flunkies Megakaz and Xor, "We fought dose wolves with branches. Dat was good, but it could be better. See if you can make some spears or something. Le me know if you need anything."

Crazy Rhid
    Kurd tries to find Crazy Rhid in his tunnels. He does not put much effort into, but he figures it's worth a quick look for those books Megakaz mentioned.

Snux
    At some point during his wanderings around the Keep Kurd finds Snux the hog goblin. "Hey Snux. You said you could get war hogs. I's interested in a war hog. What you need."

Wolf Helmet
    Kurd scrapes out the insides of the wolf skull, scavenges some string or leather for straps, and fashions it into a crude helmet.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-12-11 at 01:06 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Jalax

The Hog Farm is run with efficiency, that could probably be described as un-goblinlike. It could be attributed to Snux The Hog-Goblin genuinely doing his best at the farm and letting no goblin to slack off on his watch. Jalax concludes, that it’s beyond his knowledge to offer any advise or in fact anything could be done better.

It seems Snux is planning to expand the Farm’s operations at the moment, expecting the wolves to be less aggressive for a while. He seems to be considering either breeding more pigs for food or dedicating a pen for ‘’warhogs’’, that could be used by goblins for riding. Jalax’es inquiry about pigskins makes him consider setting goblins on producing pig hides.

Grob The Scribe

Shadowslinker considers Grob. ‘’Well… that could be useful, considering, where we are going. You are in.’’

Actions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Lake Travel

A couple goblins, who joined Shadowslinker’s expedition are working on making rafts at the lake - it seems that his adventure would take goblins across the lake.

[Do you proceed with sailing?]

Crafting

Grob finds himself by Scribbler. ''Sure. I can arrange for the pelt to be made into Wolf Cloak 3. But you’ll do me a favor in return. I’ll need you to record, where each goblin in the tribe sleeps - location and name. I’ll give you a scroll, where you could do it.''

Skiike

Hob steps away, apparently satisfied. ''Yes, good. You’ll be keeping the place clean, bringing food and running whatever errands Elites want run. I’ll want to hear how everything went, to decide, whether to assign you such tasks in the future.''

Shadowslinker’s Adventure

Grob The Scribe, Whistler [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Grob, Whistler, Narz and Marsia gather in Warmhalls, where Shadowslinker has a private room.

Having locked the door and listening a minute near it, he addresses the present goblins.

''Okay, trapmeat. I may recruit a couple more goblins, but what we have now should be enough to start. Here’s the plan. We’ll be sailing to the island on the lake. There’s an old tower there, called Sternturm. The place is full of deadly magic - but if we don’t go too deep, most of would survive.''

Shadowslinker pulls a chest from beneath the bed and opens it. He lifts an iron, bird-cage from the chest. A small, red-skinned female, with curved horns, wings and tail screeches at present goblins, before Shadowslinker shakes the cage, causing the creature to collide with bars. It yelps, jumping away, leaving a faint plume of smoke.

''I found that critter at the Sternturm, where it tried to claw my eyes out. After I bested it, the flying rat promised to lead me to great treasures that would make me most powerful goblin in the woods, after which I smacked it around, until it agreed to lead me to valuables, getting which won’t get me killed. Still, I trust it to try to kill me, so I’m getting you as a precaution. The first floors of the tower were reserved for servants and visitors - they are lightly guarded, by whatever magic didn’t fade from the place. As long as we don’t enter any ''restricted areas'', we shouldn’t be in too much danger. I don’t want you running around wildly. The creature will be our guide - and I’ll break it’s neck, at first sight of trouble.

The creature speaks ''I’m Sarudis. I have served many, lesser and greater, than you. I’ll show you the treasures of Sternturm, if you’ll set me free.'' Shadowslinker chuckles. ''I will consider not drowning you in the lake, if you prove useful.'' The creature hisses, but it appears resigned.

Shadowslinker continues. ''Now, first task is to get to the Tower - as I said, it’s on an island in the lake. I have a boat, but we’ll need two [Rafts 1] to get all present goblins there. I expect you to build them.''

Hall of Chief

Soxkill sits on his throne, surrounded by his guards and a gaggle of sycophants. His fingers clutch the magic wand, symbol of his power.

''Of course, mighty Kurd. You deserve reward for your deeds.''

Grimbles arrives, carrying leather armor and a sword, both of good quality.

''Accept this armor as your protection and this sword as your weapon - my gifts.'' Soxkill announces loudly, his voice carrying in the Hall. The other goblins wait to see Kurd's reaction, whether to applaud or jeer.

The Hall Business

The good news is that goblins of the hall have started following the rules and conditions seem to be improving. It's not all smooth sailing - there's some resistance from troublemakers, but so far the majority of goblins goes along with it. And there's a rumor a couple goblins complained to Koba, whether they must follow some ''Hall Rules''. Whether anything would come out of it, only time will tell.

Rutkin

''Ah, true. She carves holy symbols in the flesh and then goblin won't feel any pain. Maybe not that stronger though.''

Crazy Rhid

There's a reason they call him ''Crazy Rhid''. A bolt shoots from the wall and nearly skewers Kurd - one of the traps, Rhid has littered his tunnels with. Only luck saved him from suffering a wound.

Snux

''Thom gobthlin - Howl promithed to help. I've gotht pigthies and Hobth thent workerth to make the pen.''

Kurd [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Can you specify which of the above are actions?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Jalax becomes thrilled, when he hears Kurds response. He is not afraid of his rules falling, not with Kurds backing, but he is a little disappointed that his name is not mentioned with the rules, because of the new name. “Thank you, Wolfslayer. You will not be disappointed.” Jalax says and leaves.

Jalax becomes happy, when he hears that the rules are working, but when he hears that someone is complaining to Koba, he suddenly is happy that his name is not being mentioned with the rules.

Snux, the Hog-Goblin

When hearing about that Snux are planning to expand the farm’s operations, Jalax decides to have a little talk with him. “Greeting Snux. I heard that you were planning to expand operations. I am here to ask if I can be of any help with that. I could especially like to help you figure out what to do with the pigskins.”

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd the Wolfslayer

Hall of Chief
    Kurd accepts the leather armor thankfully, but he is more dubious about the sword. He already has his cleaver after all. Still a weapon is a weapon so he takes it. "Thank you Chief Soxkill. I use dese to make the tribe stronger."

The Hall
    If Koba wants to talk to Kurd, then Koba can talk to Kurd. Kurd's just trying to make the halls he lives in a bit less awful.

Rutkin
    Kurd scoffs, "Pain is dat all. I's already do that."

Crazy Rhid
    Well Kurd feels no need to press his luck. He leaves. If he can't find any herbs he might be back. But he'd rather try the swamp than Crazy Rhid, which is saying something.

Snux
    "Okay den. Let me know if you need something from the forest."

Show
    Making the helmet is an action. The rest is just talking to goblins, and ordering my followers to do stuff, which you said did not require an action if they were loyal.

I'm going to spend some actions in the swamp, and then maybe dealing with the Hall issue, but I want to get fully armed and armored before I venture out.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunak

A Discreet meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grunak seems oddly grave. "Seizing the weapons from the tribe? No. Too much risk. If it goes wrongs, too many of the tribe would be hurt."

"I can try the expedition, but maybe the alchemist is a good path too. I need something to offer him for to work."

Shadowslinker
    Grunak skulks his way to try to find the goblin leader of the expedition. "Grunak wants to come. I can fight. You don't care if I die."

30. - Top - End - #120

Grob the Scribe

Shadowslinker's adventure

Thank you! Thank you!" Grob says happily as he runs off to prepare. Grabbing his one and only spell ready to use its power if needed during the adventure.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lake

Grob will hold off on his solo crossing of the lake in favor of going with the entire group.

Crafting

"Grob can do that! Give Grob scroll, will get it done very fast and accurate!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.