New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Goblin Tribe (IC)

Skiike
    Skiike can do that!

Skiike hurried away to begin assisting the elite's needs. Skiike will keep his ears open listening for their current stances on the Nezz/ Snux debate and look for any that Skiike can befriend himself to one of the elites.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

1 action spent working for the elites

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

After Shadowslinker finishes telling the "adventurers" his plan, Whistler heads over to Grob the Scribe. "I remember you from the fight with the wolves. You know about magic. I know about travelling outside the keep. About staying alive out there. How about we work together ... help each other?"

If Grob agrees, then Whistler will work with him to create one of the two [Rafts 1] that Shadowslinker requires.

Actions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Fur Clothes 2] sounds good.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Howl was a bit disappointed that he didn't have duty at the hog farm. He liked working around animals after all. Shadowslinker's adventure sounded interesting but Howl didn't want to waste his time or put his life in danger on a suicide mission such as that one. So Howl headed towards the mushroom grove and started gathering mushrooms. He wanted to finish his duty as fast as possible and then spend some time training the hogs. He would also try to sneak a mushroom or two if nobody was looking at him. He didn't want them for himself but rather as treat for the hog he was training. He hoped that this would improve their relationship and make the training easier. As soon as he finished with his mushroom gathering quota he would head towards the hog farm and look for Snux. "Hey Snux. Need help with anything? I want to train hog" he said hoping that Snux would grant him permission.

Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show
    2 action points gathering mushrooms for duty
    3 action points remaining
    Last edited by Vlamidjan; 2015-12-12 at 12:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Kurd, Wolfslayer

Hall of the Chief

Chief Soxkill seems to sense Kurd’s hesitation about the weapon. ''Do you find your cleaver to be superior to my gift?'' he asks with soft concern. The gathered lackeys and sycophants grow growl in support, the atmosphere in the hall suddenly growing charged with emotion.

Soxkill’s elites are the ones, who speak loudly. ''Certainly, that’s impossible, that you would prefer cleaver!'' announced Rimbles. ''Our generous Chief gives us the best weapons to slay the foes of the tribe.'' The elites put their hands on weapons, displaying them proudly. Peeks adds his voice ''Yes, Kurd. You should cast aside that old thing - it was good enough to slay dirty mutts, but against the powerful foes, such as Hobgoblins, truly powerful weapons are needed.'' The voices of other goblins present in the hall raise, all urging Kurd to discard the Cleaver in favor of Soxkill’s sword. Some mutter about Nezz’es stupid magic probably ruining the weapon anyway, though those who say it, try to avoid notice.

Kurd [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Sword is Level 4, so it’s better then Cleaver, but Cleaver has Nezz’es unknown enchantment.

Kurd makes [Wolf Helmet 1].

Grunak

Shadowslinker

The goblin adventurer looks at Grunak, his eyes lingering on the sword for a bit, but then he shakes his head. ''You are that crazy outcast? If you don’t care, if you die, then you won’t care if you get me killed either. I don’t need fearless goblins for this job.''

Grob

Grob completes the work the Scribbler given him fairly easily. Scribbler seems impressed. ''If you find any vellum or paper on your journey with Shadowlinker, I would would appreciate it. Perhaps, I could see, that you get the Duty of your choice in the future.''

Actions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Scribbler brings Grob [Wolf Cloak 3]. It’s very warm and would serve him well in cold.

Skiike

Skiike [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: The duty is actually 2 Actions.

The talk seems to be centered about whoever the other Heroes and Elites would back, if conflict erupts - Hob, Fingers, Shadowslinker and Rhid. It seems Soxkill doesn’t fully trust Kranch either. Still, most goblins seem to think Nezz wouldn’t make a move. She is simply pressing for more authority and power. Once her ‘’Scourge’’ is discredited, she’ll slink back to the temple.

Skiike observes Kranch, during Kurd’s situation. The Raid Leader seems to be passive, almost sleepy, but it seems to Skiike, that he is paying careful attention, to everything, that is happening.

Whistler

Whistler [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Fur Clothes 2] seems to be enough to deal with the cold, though this winter is fairly mild. Whistler won’t have penalties, when acting outside.

Howl

Mushrooms

Howl expertly sneaks several mushrooms away. The theft of food is always an option - only vigilance of other goblins on duty is a true deterrent. And vigilant, they usually are - after all, if Hob thinks goblins shirked their duty, then the whole group gets a severe punishment. This time round, Howl’s actions go unnoticed and no complaint comes from the kitchens. It seems he’s gotten away with it.

Howl gains [1 Mushrooms].

Snux

''Thur, pick Bethy. Hey Xhor - geth the pigthy tho Howl.''

Jalax

Snux, The Hog-Goblin

''Well, maybe I puth gobthlinth on harthethstin pigthskins. Or I train warhogths.''

Jalax [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

A clarification - do you want to get a single pigskin to make something, or do you want to help Snux, establish production of pigskins?

If it's the latter, then you'll need to convince him, as he is currently in favor of establishing Warhogs training and he won't have enough manpower to do both Warhog training and pigskin harvest, unless Hogfarm is expanded.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunak

Shadowslinker
    "I said you don't care if I did, not I don't care." Grunak grins lopsidedly. "They say I'm crazy, not stupid, right?"

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Snux, The Hog-Goblin

”I would like to help no matter what you chose, but if you had some pigskin lying around, I would be interested in finding out, what someone could make with it.” Jalax said, hoping he might get some pigskin, that he might use to find a way to make it into clothing or perhaps even armor.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Jalax wants some pigskins now, that he then would try to make it some clothing. He would like to get enough to also make something for his followers, but he would be happy with anything he could get.
    Last edited by Mortenkam; 2015-12-13 at 01:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Grunak

Shadowslinker ponders Grunak's reply for a moment, then shrugs. ''Well, we'll see if you are both crazy and stupid. You'll go with me on the boat. Your job would be to kill stuff, I order you to kill. I've got a guide of sorts - you'll be keeping an eye of her. But she's tricky.''

[OOC: You can read the PM between Shadowslinker, Grob and Whistler.]

Jalax

''No pigthkinth now.'' answers Snux. ''Maybe ith you help. I'm making a warthog phen.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-13 at 01:51 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

8. - Top - End - #128

Skiike

Spoiler
    Show

Skiike will continue to listen to see what elites would follow Hob, since that's probably what Hob is wanting from him.

He will also keep an eye on Kurd's weapon choices. Skiike will keep an eye out to pick up which ever weapon he chooses to discard, no reason to let it go to waste.

Skiike will spend another action looking for a hidden place to store things away from other goblin's eyes.

9. - Top - End - #129

Grob the Scribe

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkhunter View Post
    After Shadowslinker finishes telling the "adventurers" his plan, Whistler heads over to Grob the Scribe. "I remember you from the fight with the wolves. You know about magic. I know about travelling outside the keep. About staying alive out there. How about we work together ... help each other?"

If Grob agrees, then Whistler will work with him to create one of the two [Rafts 1] that Shadowslinker requires.

Actions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Fur Clothes 2] sounds good.
    "Grob already has boat we both can use. No need to make one. Grob made it over last two seasons. Strong and sturdy."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfsayer

Hall of the Chief
    Kurd just looks at the Chief and elites blankly. "Why I toss out good weapon. Sword better obviously, but Cleaver still good. Nows I gots two. I hit dem with sword, then I whack them with de cleaver. Or maybe I chop em with the cleaver and den slice em with de sword. Like dis." Kurd takes the sword and cleaver in one hand each and proceeds to swing them around a bit wildly. A skilled sword fighter he is not. That just makes his display all the more dangerous.

"Now I kill twice as fast. De Hob Goblins never last. Maybe even an Ogre. Dat be something." Kurd's voice is a bit gleeful as he considers the prospect of fighting an Ogre.

Show
    I am working under the assumption that the sword is a one hander. If it's too big for Kurd to use in one hand, then obviously I want to retcon the above and take a different approach.

To the Swamp
    Once suitably armed, armored, and prepared Kurd heads out. He plans to go explore the swamp to see if there is anything good to fight and maybe pick some herbs while he's there.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    3. Pick necessary herbs at Firefly swamp. Try to avoid the more boggy areas.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Sternturm

Lake

The small fleet sails across the lake - two boats and two rafts, carrying six goblins. Grunak shivers a bit, from lack of warm clothing, but endures with clenched teeth. The goblins on the raft almost overturn - the thing is poorly cobbled together, but lack of wind means, sailing is safe, if slow.

The lake proves to be far larger, than goblins in the tribe imagined - it extends to south and west. Shadowslinker orders goblins to row west, past shores, where gnarled, old trees grow. There, an island with a tower stands.

The goblins leave their watercraft, tired, but happy to arrive safely. Shadowslinker speaks.

''Now, I’ll be going up the tower. You have three tasks. First. If I don’t come back, you’ll take this cage’’ he shakes the cage with Sarudis.''And drop it in the center of the Lake.'' He lowers his head to face the small creature directly. ''A little precaution, in case information you gave me is load of pig****.''

Shadowslinker puts the cage into the boat. ''I leave it with you. Needless to say, if you are dumb enough to let it out, I’d be very unhappy. Though it'll probably kill you first. Nasty little bugger.''

''Second, you’ll need to go to Docks - there’s another boat there. I don’t know, how it’s not all rot, magic probably. Get it.''

''Third task - you break two rafts and make two fires near the Tower, as soon as I go up. I advise you against staying near them, once the fire starts’’ Shadowslinker picks a bag from the boat, and hoists it on his shoulder. ''Now, while I’m there, you can explore the Tower. You can keep half of what you find. I’ll take the rest as payment for bringing you here and explaining things. Somebody dies, their share is divided between survivors.''

Landing Site

Sarudis seems to be humming a tune in the cage. Two boats - Shadowslinker’s and Grobs rock on the water.

''I have some advise, if you are willing to listen'' she says, once Shadowslinker leaves. ''I've advised the great Wizards, who lived here, so I know all about this place. Shadowslinker trusted me enough to listen. I lie to you, I go down the lake - and that's not something I want.''

Pillars

A series of Pillars stands in the distance, surrounded by what appears to be an overgrown, abandoned park.

''Nothing useful there'' says Shadowslinker.

Tower, Yard

The area around the tower has houses, that seem to have failed to survive the passage of time as well, as Tower did. Old ruins, a stone road almost lost to grass and almost faded scars of war.

''Servants probably lived here.'' comments Shadowslinker. ''Just… don’t stay too long in the open and keep and eye on the skies, if you wish to look around here.''

Tower, Dock

A small dock, with broken wreck of a ship stands at the island shore. Several buildings surround it. A large figure, glistening in the sun walks through the place. It looks humanoid - a large man wearing metal armor? But it’s movements seem stiff and unnatural.

''There are a couple boats in those buildings. One of them is some sort of office and others are warehouses. That’s metal man. It’s very strong and well-armored. Well, maybe Grunak’s sword can break through the armor. If this creature is slain, it could be harvested and docks free to plunder. Or he can be avoided. It wasn’t very perceptive before and I blinded it further with a… well, a combination of stinky substances. It always moves in the same pattern, never rests or sleeps, - and it seems to know, when somebody is poking their nose in the crates in the warehouse. Fortunately, it’s not very fast.''

Tower, Atrium

Inside the tower is courtyard, bathed in light. The tower goes up and at the very top a glass dome lets the sun in. It seems there’s a collection of globes and strange mechanisms on the very top of the tower, that shine in the sun and sometimes move. And was it some shadow moving there?

Unlike the yard and docks, the place looks pristine and completely unaffected by the passage of time. There are rows of locked doors in the walls of the tower, plaques and objects of art. The floor is a cool, marble, with multi-colored plates forming pattern of some symbol. A statue of human, wearing robes, staff and book, stands in the middle of the atrium.

Then suddenly a female human in white robe appears before goblins, startling them and making several go for their weapons. ''Greetings visitors. I am Mara The Guide to Sternturm. The J-j-j-jewel of tsh-tsh Kingdom. We lead the research into...into... ar.. tsh.. knowledge. How may I assist-t-t-t you t-t-t-day.'' she smiles brightly.

''Pay it no attention. Just a magic trick. She’s not really here.'' says Shadowslinker. ''Some of the doors are locked with some magic script and others lead to danger. If you figure out how to open them and which ones are safe to enter, there’s probably something valuable there. The place is pretty safe - don’t let the shadows above spook you. They don’t come down here.''

Tower, Basement

Brass Door stands half opened. On it, in metal is a depiction of fire pits, creatures with leathery wings and sharp teeth. Scary.

''If you are suicidal, feel free to go there.'' comments Shadowslinker.

Tower, 1st Floor

The archway leads to the tower interior - on it, sun, stars and humanoid creatures with wings are depicted. On the walls, the surviving murals seem to have elemental theme - fire, water, earth and air.

''That’s where I’m going. I don’t need company - stealth is of importance and you’ll just be making noise.''

Narz & Marsia

''How about a deal - we make the fires, but you'll share in what you find with us'' offers Narz.

[OOC: Exploring a single area takes 1 Action. Take care in how you go about it and where you opt to poke you nose in.]

Skiike

Actions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Skiike manages to locate [Hidden Storage 3].

Hob isn’t too popular with the Elites - seems he wants them to do more for the tribe, while they prefer to laze around and enjoy the perks of their status.

Kurd, Wolfslayer

Hall of the Chief

The atmosphere shifts to jovial in a blink of an eye, as Soxkill laughs. Rimbles speaks, saluting Kurd with his weapon. ''Of course, once the true blade finished off the foe, that cleaver is good enough for dirty work.''

Kurd [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

1. The weapon is one-handed, but Kurd is better off using just one on combat.

2. Kurd gathers [Herbs 1] in the swamp.

Rumors

The rumors spread, that Kurd has declared Chief Soxkill’s weapon superior to the cleaver, blessed by Nezz. The goblins of the Scourge seethe with perceived insult. ''To favor some trash over blessing of the Zon-Kuthon - Kurd is a fool. He may had luck in surviving so far, but luck tends to run out.'' Kurd’s followers walk carefully the halls of the Sunken Keep - accidents tend to happen on the dark, winter nights...
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-14 at 01:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Snux, The Hog-Goblin
    ” You just have to say when you are going to start the project, and I am going to be there.” Jalax said, before leaving to handle some other business.

The lower west hall
    Jalax had remembered that even though most of the goblins in the hall had not been very interested in his rules, a few of them had been. Jalax had decided to try to remember who these goblins were and to see if he could convince some of those goblins to help him with making the tribe better.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Jalax will spend 1 action trying to convince some of the goblins, who were more interested in his speech last season. Jalax will spend 1 action helping Snux with the warhogs.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Jalax

Snux

Jalax helps out Snux setting up Warhog enclosure. He focuses on helping the goblins make primitive saddles, while Snux ''whispers'' to hogs, before letting goblins try to ride them.

He seems pleased with Jalax'es help.

Halls

The fact that Jalax'es rules were actually implemented seems to impress three common goblins - Resa, Tan and Zembax. They come to listen to Jalax once again, but seem to have questions for him:

''It's useless to do stuff for the tribe. Elites don't care - we work harder, they take more from us'' whispers Resa.
    ''Yeah. And what can we do anyway?'' nods Zembax.
    ''It's dangerous to talk about changes - snitches are all around, they tell Elites, we get beating.'' says Tan fearfully.

Howl

[OOC: Will you assist Snux in training Warhogs?]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-14 at 02:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfsayer

Swamp Herbs (That was easy.)
    Kurd tosses the pack of herbs he collected to Megakaz once he gets back. "Do something with dese."

Hall Monitoring
    Kurd examines the improvements that have been made to the Upper East hall in his absence. If they have improved then he goes around and convinces the other uncommon goblins to do them as well. He then finds Koba and Brutalis to have a talk about how things are going to go.

Nezz
    Kurd finds Nezz. She still terrifies him, but he can't have her followers be messing with his followers. Only Kurd is allowed to mess with Kurd's followers. "Nezz I hear de scourgy gobs be saying I's not lucky, and dat me and my gobs better watch out. Whys dat."

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    4. Implement Jalax's rules in the halls where Kurd and Jalax live. Kurd doesn't want to make a big deal of it, but he will argue with Koba and Brutalis if they try to stop him.

Is that fact that Kurd is better off using one because they are too heavy to really use together or because he's not skilled at two handed fighting? Because now that I've thought about the image of a berserking goblin charging an enemy while waving two blades and screaming kind of appeals to me.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-12-14 at 03:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Skiike

Thinking to himself Skiike starts to put together another idea of what Hob wants. He wants to get these elites workin again. That can be done by threats or treats, and since Skiike didn't have treats he would have to start finding somethin to threat with. And if he finds some treats then Skiike gets some nice treats.

Spoiler
    Show

Does Mondum have a house/ living quarters, or does he reside in the halls? I'm thinking of hunting down his distillery or the goblin who is giving him the booze.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Skiike

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mondum lives in the Cook's Rooms, in the Central Tunnels. He has a private room to himself, though it's likely that Fingers would have keys to it.

Kurd, Wolfslayer

''Oh Kurrrd'' Nezz manages to sound both menacing and sympathetic. ''Our Chief Soxkill prefers tricks and misdirection to speaking plainly. His flunkies are spreading all those lies and confusing everybody. He is just jealous of your accomplishments - he and his Elites didn’t slay Chomper. You did. So he tries to turn me against you. But I know that you are on my side. So we just need to make it clear to the tribe, that we are not enemies. It is long time, that our tribe raided and brought riches to our coffers. The Scourge shall march as soon as Zon-Kuthon reveal to me his holy design. If you and your followers join mine, we could share in spoils and riches. Show the goblins, that we are no foes.''

''You are not my foe, Kurd, are you?'' Nezz asks smiling, showing her sharp teeth. ''I did give you such a nice, vicious enchantment for your favored weapon. You just didn’t want to be impolite in front of Soxkill.''

Kurd [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I’ll post on Hall action tomorrow.

Hmm… maybe you can go with two weapons, it fits barbarian to a degree. Okay, let’s say in Rage you are sufficiently strong/crazy to wield both weapons efficiently.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-14 at 05:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Howl finaly has a chance to train his favorite hogs as mounts. He wanted to do so having the proper equipment but he will have to make it once again without a saddle. Before starting the training he would feed the hog the mushrooms he sneaked earlier in an attempt to make the hog friendlier and the training smoother. After the hog training he would also help Snux with the hog farm expansion.

Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show
    1 action for ride training
    1 action to help with hog farm expansion

18. - Top - End - #138

Skiike

Spoiler
    Show

Then Skiike will use 1 action to try to break into Mondum's Quarters, using his hiding and magic to keep from getting seen.

Current actions have been
    2 actions: serving the elites
    1 action attempting to break in Mondum's quarters.

do I have 1 or 2 actions left?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Nezz
    Kurd shrugs, "Sword is better. See it got no rust and blade is sharper." Kurd displays both weapons for quick comparison. "Maybe enchantment is better, but I no know what it can do. Was going to see in swamp, but didn't find anything worth killing. Maybe best of all be Nezz's enchantment on Chief's sword." That's the closest Kurd's ever going to get to sophisticated political subtlety.

"Next season was going to hunt hob goblins in mushroom forest. Bring some back and see if you got better blessing than pain thingy on your scourgy gobs. No feel pain is weak. Pain makes Kurd stronger. I thought you thought same way after healing."

"But if you be raiding too, then I be there with my boys. Always up for raid."

That was long speech for Kurd. There is a moment of silence as his brain cools off before it overheats.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-12-14 at 07:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Apparently the fire and food was a bit too comfortable as Gwafhu seemed to have napped through the expedition's launch. With a sigh, he roused himself from his chair and resigned himself to lower halls duty.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Kurd, Wolfslayer

Koba & Brutalis

The two goblin Elites are lounging in the Warmhalls, while their flunkies are busy keeping the fires and bringing them stew. Brutalis raises to his full height with a challenge at sight of Kurd. He is a powerful looking goblin, who is known to let his fists speak first. Koba remains seated, observing Kurd. He is the one to speak first. ''Kurd. You’ve come to discuss, what you are doing in the Halls?''
    ''I heard the Scourge has been getting in your ways. Come for our protection?'' Brutalis grunts.

Nezz

Nezz seems to consider Kurd’s words, her look calculating. ‘’Yes. Maybe my enchantment on Chief’s sword would be fitting. It is a fine weapon for killing certain things. The enchantment on the Scourge is a test. I do not give gifts to those, who are unproven. The Scourge would need to draw blood, before I reforge it into a true weapon of Zon-Kuthon.’’

Skiike

Skiike [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sneaking

Skiike sneaks to the Central Tunnels, Cook’s rooms. There he is stopped by the door to the Mondum’s room. It unfortunately proves to be insurmountable barrier - too tough to break, to tricky to pick lock, so he is limited to peeping through keyhole. It doesn’t seem that Mondum has a hidden distillery in his room, but then again, he could place it so it wouldn’t be seen.

Actions
    2 Serving Elites
    1 Finding [Hidden Storage 3]
    1 Breaking into Mondum’s Room

1 Action left.

Howl

Training

Howl continues training the hog and it bears fruit - he now has trained a [Riding Hog 2].

Hog Farm

Snux, Howl, Jalax and goblins on hog duty work to expand the farm and train the hogs. The result is a troop of 15 [Riding Hogs 2], with [Saddles 1].

The news of the new asset to the tribe spread in the Sunken Keep and it seems various factions are quick to vye for them. Snux status grows as he stands firm on his authority ‘’Hogthies go with whom I thoose. Thry to thake them. Nobothy buth me knowths how to run the tharm.’’

[Hog Farm gains Trait: Riding Hogs 1]

[OOC: In case you wish to ride Hogs, I’m considering Riding Score = Hog Training + Riding Skill + Saddle Item + DEX]. The score 3 allows for simple riding. The higher it is, the better benefits you receive, such as advantage in combat, longer distance of travel and bonuses where hog power can be put to use].

Gwafhu

Adventuring [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Time is flexible. If you spend 2 Actions building a Raft, you can join the adventure.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Koba & Brutalis
    Kurd is indignant, he would never need anyone's protection. "De scourgy gob know better dan to mess wit me or my boys. Dey try anything I sacrifice dem to Zon-god."

"No I hear some gobs be running to you bout de new Hall Rules. You two be de best at running de halls." Kurd indicates the nice warm halls around them. "So I wants to know what you think."

Nezz
    Kurd nods, "Okay I understands. I see dem next season and we see how dey do in a real fight."

23. - Top - End - #143

Grob the Scribe

Landing Site

Grob approaches the caged Sarudis and squats down next to it "Tell Grob what you know. Grob wants to know all about the wizards."

OOC: Will base actions on what Sarudis says.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax
    The lower west hall
    ”What we can do?!” Jalax said, nearly sounding surprised, “Have you seen the keep we live in? It is a testament to what happens when people decided that they can do something. If you want a more recent example, then I am going to mention the new war-hogs that I helped Snux with or the new hall rules you have been hearing about. I cannot speak about all the elites, but both Snux and Kurd are examples of elites that cares, and who got nothing against good changes. So do any of you have any more doubt about helping the tribe, and thereby helping yourself with getting a better life?” Jalax looked on the three goblins waiting to hear their replied.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Kurd, Wolfslayer

Brutalis & Koba

Brutalis sneers at Kurd’s bravado, but doesn’t push him further. Koba replies ‘’Keeping order in the Halls is ours. You giving orders on how Lower West is run is taking what’s ours. So if you make it even, we have no problem with you. You give us respect, we respect you.’’

Kurd [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

If I haven’t mentioned it before, the Hall under implemented Rules is Level 2, which improves Shelter from -1 to 0, improving stats of goblins residing there. The effect is from the next turn.

Grob

Sarudis [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah yes. I’ve served many wizards, who sought to learn the mysteries of magic and world. I can sense the same spark of magic in you. I could help you channel your magic and make it stronger.’’ Sarudis sighs. ‘’But I am locked up. I don’t think you would trust me - to tell you the truth I do wish something would happen to Shadowslinker - the brute has been hurting me, ever since he captured me.''

''But you are here to learn secrets of Sternturm. I can give you codewords to open doors in the Atrium, that lead to Apprentices Quarters. Their possession would be preserved by magic of the tower and you could use them to develop your magic. I should warn you, they sometimes pranked each other with weak spells. They won’t be lethal, but if you aren’t careful, you can get discolored or stuck to the ceiling.''

[Sarudis provides code-words for two doors in the Atrium.]

Jalax

The goblins seem swayed by Jalax’es persuasion, though not completely convinced. ''Kurd and Snux sometimes give us, but how long will they last? The two have been making trouble lately. Other elites would break them or they become like the rest.’’ mutters Resa. ''The two aren't smart enough to last'' agrees Zembax.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-15 at 04:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Spoiler
    Show

Fard spends 2 actions on lower halls.

Sorry I haven't been posting much.

"Alright, now that's done, we can get to our project. The weather isn't perfect but tolerable" Fard goes to Kranch so some guards can protect the construction of the Lumber Yard.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Brutalis & Koba
    Kurd gives this some thought. Something he is very bad at it. "I's only respect goblins dat fight and make tribe strong. What you do is good. De warm halls be good, but if all de halls be warm den de tribe better and stronger. Dat's what I want."

Kurd struggles to think of something to give them in return. He's not good at bargaining with equals. It's always been either goblins he can push around or goblins that can do the same to him. "Ok, I going on raid next season. I give you place on raid if dat's what you want." Every goblin wants to raid after all so this should work out well.

Show
    What would I need if I want to give all my followers spears. To make them.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Fortunately, on his way toward the halls, Gwafhu happens to overhear a bit about the launch. Slipping out to the water's edge, he manages to cobble together a rough craft from reeds, loose timber, and some of the less edible giant mushroom stalks. Using the butt of his makeshift spear as a pole, he pushes out toward where the expedition was headed.

29. - Top - End - #149

Grob

Sarudis
    Spoiler
    Show

"Grob thanks you! Grob will work to make you free once I get the magic"

Actions: Grob is going to explore the Atrium and use the 2 code words given to him to open the doors

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax
    The lower west hall
    “You are right. Kurd and Snux cannot change the tribe alone, but that is why we all need to band together if we want to change tribe. A thing I can promise you though, is that those time I have meet Kurd and Snux, they seemed to be goblins that could handle pressure. For example, Kurd did not show fear of Brutalis and Koba, when he decided to help me with implementing the hall rules. When you say they might not be the smartest goblins in tribe you might be right, but what is most important is the determination to cause. If they should need more intelligence, then they can always talk to me.” Jalax said, hoping that his speech would be enough to convince them.