New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Goblin Tribe (IC)

Skiike

Getting near the end of the season (ooc: as far as how many actions I have left), Skiike will return to Hob with his "report". Looking down to the floor while reporting the bad news first

It seems da elites don't like you dat much. They say you work dem too hard. Most are spending their time schemin for power rather den workin. I had an idea to fix dat, but it would take a while to set up. If we had some bonuses to give out to da extra hard workers den they may work harder to get da bonus. After all, you need bait to catch somethin in a trap. I was thinkin somethin like makin booze, or have an extra nice place for dem to stay for da season after they win da bonus.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Whistler, Grob The Scribe, Kurd

[OOC: I realized, that as you were on Wolf Duty, you should have gotten extra 1 Food. Feel free to save it or use to get +1 stat in this turn. Kurd wasn't on Wolf Duty officially, but receives a bonus from Hob anyway.]

Gwafhu

Shadowslinker spots Gwafhu and waves him to join other goblins. ''I heard of you. ''Great Wizard''. You may prove useful - but a word of warning. It’s better not to attract attention here, so if you cause a scene and makes things troublesome for me, I’ll slit your throat and leave you to the fishes.''

Grob

Grob starts to sweat a bit (it’s fairly warm in Atrium, despite winter outside), as he traces the symbols for the third time, trying to open the door. The magical script flowing across its surface seems to get angrier and more demanding, with each failed try. But Grob’s third attempt to replicate the symbol works and the door clicks open. He enters the rooms, discovering comfortable chambers - much better, than the Halls of the Sunken Keep. There are locked chests, that he fails to open and stuff, he is too cautious to touch, but Grob manages to discover a few items on the beds and desks. Small wooden plaques have the names of the people, who lived here, written in a magical script. The place is immaculately clean and doesn’t feel abandoned at all, as its masters are about to return any moment.

Grob’s Loot [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

5 x Stacks of Paper
    Robe of Apprentice 2
    Healer’s Gloves 4
    Old Birdcage 1

Fard

It proves difficult to reach Kranch - he stays in the Sunken Keep with Chief Soxkill, and guards don’t let goblins easy there. When Fard manages to reach him, Kranch has little time for him - ''All guards are needed in the Sunken Keep now.''

Fard [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Note - with wolves defeated (for now at least), Hob may permit construction in the Hogwoods, if you discover a suitable location there.

Kurd

Koba appears unconvinced, but Brutalis looks satisfied. ''As long as my share is big, maybe I join. I’m tired of beating the weaklings here.'' Koba gives Brutalis a dark look, but doesn’t press. ''Okay. we get a share of spoils and the rules you set keeps getting followed, when you are away, raiding. But I could really use a good rug - the floors here are cold in winter. You must have a wolf’s pelt after your victory. Maybe you can give it us now, for being so accommodating.''

Questions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Your followers are busy with Hall business, so they won’t be able to make spears for themselves. You could focus on it next turn.
    2. Any goblin can craft Spear 1 with an action.
    3. Crafting Spear 2-3 would require Skill, Tool or Material.
    4. Crafting Spear 4+ would require access to materials like Bronze or similar.
    5. If you have Asset Trait: Spearmakers (or similar), it would produce 15 Spears/Level per turn. The level of Spears would depend on circumstances (who is in charge, quality of work/tools, access to materials).

P.S. I should note that CHA can represent cunning - low INT & high CHA isn’t booksmart, but would be able to navigate social interactions.

Jalax

''Band together?’’ Zembax asks. ''So Snux and Kurd would support you?''
    ''Will they listen to your advise?'' adds Resa

Skiike

Hob shrugs. ''Nothing I didn’t know. I’m not particularly popular.'' He pours something from a pot, he has on fire into two mugs and slides one to Skiike. The contents are warm and sweet. ''You seem clever enough to have the same ideas as I do. The tribe is full of hungry, poorly equipped, unmotivated slackers. We have around three hundred goblins now and still, have barely enough hands to keep our production going. If tribe numbers decline or amount of work grows, we’ll need to institute a [3 Action] Duty. You think commons would like the idea?''

Hob produces a wooden circle and tosses it to Skiike - [Token 1]. ''So bonuses. goblins do their work well, they get something for their work. Good idea, no way to execute it. I don’t have resources to pay commons - cook provides a bit of food, so I can reward dangerous Duty, like Wolf Duty, and I issue tokens, that can be exchanged for goods - but the stockrooms have little, anything of value goes to the Chief’s Treasury, and stays there.''
    He sips from his cup, speaking with resignation. ''What else... booze or food. Only Rhid has distillery to make the spirits and Cook controls all food flow. Neither would provide, unless there was something for them. Better housing - Brutalis and Koba are too entrenched there.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-16 at 01:01 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #153

Grob the Scribe

Grob grabs the items in the room and sticks them in the bird cage to carry them easier and runs back to the boats happy in his haul from the room and sure the wizards would come back and turn him into a frog or some such creatures for his insolence. He had paper for Scribbler to get off the bad duties he might be assigned.

@Whistler

Grob goes to find Whistler "Whistler! Grob has idea. Trick metal man we can by going in different directions and looting crates. When metal man gets too close one runs while other keeps looting. Get all the goodies none of the other Goblins can get!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

4. - Top - End - #154

Skiike

Spoiler
    Show

I assume Rhid has approval from the cheif to be the only maker of booze, or if others made it he would get mad? I understand cook has the access to the food stores and Hob has the authority, but what is keeping Rhid as the only booze producer? Fear would be my guess.

Skiike takes a sip and calms down a bit. Wells, if chief like you and you trust he stay as cheif, you could extort other leaders. Standing up, Skiike begins using his hands to try to demonstrate his idea, although the signals don't help too much.Example, not enough labor for everything, so you give fingers 10 less goblins to work wif. He may get mad, but there just isn't enough to go around so you asks him, "if you give me some extra food as bonus I might be able to send more gobbos your ways. Yous could do the same thing with housin and other tasks, and if chief had somthin goin on that needed extra of us, like raidin, then chief should understand what dat meens. You would need to be close to chief though, otherwise they complain and make you look bad.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax
    The lower west hall
    ”Yes, we need to band together if we want the tribe to improve. If you ask if I have already banded up with Kurd and Snux, then the answer is no, but when you ask if they will listen to my advice, then I will say that they already have. Kurd listen to my ideas about making living in the halls better and he even helped implement them. Snux heard my idea to use the skins of the hogs and if he was not already thinking of improving the tribe by giving us mounts, then I am sure that he would instead have followed my idea. “ Jalax said enthusiastic, when he began talking about how Snux and Kurd actually had listen to him.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Gawfhu gives a quick nod, "Magic is a bit fickle anyway. I wasn't planning on using it unless things had already gone wrong."

After a short chat with some lower ranking goblins, he works his way toward a high point near the docks. From there he spends some time studying the metal man's patterns as well as the lay of the land, hoping to plan out some routes and timing that could make avoiding him that much easier.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler: Last Seasons Wolf Duty
    Show
    Keep the food for now.

@Grob

Whistler nods at Grob's idea. "Yes, I think that might work. Just make sure you don't run towards me when he's chasing you."

Spoiler: Actions in the Tower:
    Show
    Action 4: Work with Grob (and anyone else who wants to go) to use Grob's idea to search the Dock area.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Howl is delighted that more goblins, such as Jalax, have taken an interest in helping with the hog training and will be keeping an eye on him and his future endeavors. The hog farm however still wasn't on a level that Howl can find acceptable and so he decided to have a word with Snux the Hog-goblin and farm supervisor.
    "Hey Snux. Listen I have ideas about improving the hog farm" Howl would say and then check for Snux's reaction. If he didn't seem interested he would drop the subject entirely but if he did he would continue with his ideas. "We should pay more attention in how me make hogs breed. Hogs are much like goblins. All have different qualities. We make fat ones mate with themselves and use them as food for the tribe. If we make strong and sturdy ones mate with themselves we can then train them and have stronger mounts. The rest we can use as beasts of burden to carry stuff around or plowing. If we use them this way we can cultivate the land and create a field to produce more and better food both for the goblins and the hogs. We can also increase their numbers and expand the farm if we make them breed however we want them to and give them better quality food. We could also skin the hogs before we send them to Fingers and use the skin to make leather armor, clothes or other goods for the tribe.". Howl's suggestions may be many and a bit overwhelming but that's exactly what he is hoping for here. If Snux doesn't outright reject and especially if he looks befuddled by his ideas he would continue not letting Snux too much time ti think about it "If we manage to make all these in the next few seasons Snux could become one of the most powerful goblins of the tribe controlling a part of our army's strength because of the warhogs, the hogs' skin a valuable material and most importantly the tribe's food income." Howl would use Snux's goblin greed as a tool to make his suggestions more likable and make Snux think about more about what he could potentially gain than the ideas themselves. If Snux Seemed hooked by his idea Howl would make his final move. "My ideas may look far fetched now but remember when even using hogs for something other than food didn't seem likely? I would try to do these thing by myself but I lack the status you, an elite of our tribe, possess to get them off the ground. Don't worry I can help you with all of those. I know my stuff about animals and plants. All of the goblins and especially you can benefit much if we can make these work. All I'm asking in return is to let me be a part of it and help you. Make me your right hand man. The other goblin heroes all have lackeys to help them. Why not you? Ask Hob to get me off duty and let me focus only on helping you expanding the hog farm."

Spoiler: ACTION
    Show
    Last action for the round I use diplomacy with snux
    I use my expertise from the knowledge nature skill to make everything I say about the hogs and farming look more believable
    what I propose: selective breeding to create hogs better suited for specific tasks and also increase their number
    expansion of the hog farm to include a field and equipment to skin the hogs effectively
    making me a lackey of Snux and not having duty from now on or at least only have duty at the hog farm
    I have Snux favor + if it helps with the check

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Skiike

''Well, perhaps'' Hob answers noncommittally. He finishes his drink and glances at the door, indicating to Skiike, that he is dismissed.

Skiike [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Crazy Rhid doesn’t have permission from the Chief, but he lives in a maze of trapped tunnels, and any attempt to do something about him, would mean losing a bunch of goblins to them. So far the costs of removing Crazy Rhid have outweighed the annoyance of his presence.

Crazy Rhid’s booze production is actually his way to feed himself, since he can’t get food from the kitchen and Chief's guards would nab him if they spot him in occupied tunnels. So he trades goblins booze for rations.

As to why nobody else produces booze, mostly lack of expertise & will. Rhid’s stuff is high quality and fairly safe to drink. Other goblin’s attempts weren’t.

Jalax

The goblins seem to accept Jalax’es words, though they seem to be less enthusiastic about his dreams of changing the tribe.

Howl

Snux does look a bit befuddled at the Howl’s torrent of suggestions, but his reaction is not quite the one Howl expected. He whacks Howl’s head with his crook, making him fall and nearly bite his tongue. ''You think you know pigthies bether then Thnux?'' A jab follows. ''Thom upthstar thelp isth going to teeth me how to run my tharm?'' he delivers another smack. ''You think Thunx is thtupid?'' Snux relents with his wacks and lets Howl get up. ''You wanth to be my helpther, go thovel pigthit. Do thom good honestht work and we’ll thee, ith I can maketh thomthing outh of you.''

Adventuring

Narz & Marasia

''Well, if you don’t share stuff with us, then we don’t make fire for Shadowslinker.'' The two goblins prepare to search the Tower Yard.

Gwafhu [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Gwafhu observation reveals, that there are actually 3 Metal Men - two patrolling, and one on standby, periodically switching with others. He determines, that one of the Metal Men is slower, than others, so when it's his turn to patrol, there's more time to investigate the docks. After some time studying, Gwafhu feels fairly secure, that he has worked out the pattern to Metal Men's movements.

[OOC: Do you proceed on the patterns you studied yourself or do you give that information to somebody else, so they would be more likely to succeed?]

Grob/Whistler [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[OK. Waiting to hear Grob confirming action on his plan.]

Grob The Scribe [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sarudis whispers excitedly, her wings flapping: ''I know what you can do to save me! The birdcage you have - it looks about the same as the one I am in, but it’s older and weaker. If you put me into it, then nobody would notice and I would be able to escape later, without anybody realizing.''

[OOC: The Cages are the same type, but the one Sarudis is in, doesn’t look so old and worn out. Maybe Shadowslinker won’t notice, maybe he will…]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-17 at 10:57 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Kurd, the Wolfslayer

Kurd considers and then nods. "Ok. I do that." Then he goes to find Xor to trade his token for the wolf pelt, then back to Koba to deliver that part of the bargain.

Finally Kurd goes to the dining hall where he plans to rest and relax. He's done a lot of running back and forth lately.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    5. Rest in the dining hall
    Misc. Save the extra food from wolf duty for next turn. If I get anything from the dining hall rest action save that as well.

11. - Top - End - #161

Chimera

To Narz & Marasia, he replies: "I haven't grabbed anything to share yet. Besides, I want to make sure we have the replacement boat before we burn the ones we've got."

Assuming Grob & Whistler are near the docks, he'd likely notice them and open with: "If you're planning on running the dock, I might have sussed out the guard's walk about."

12. - Top - End - #162

Skiike

Skiike leaves feeling a little better about himself and his position. He never had a sit down with one of the elites before, but other things were even more on his mind. Right now he had a token to spend.

Approaching the goblins in charge of giving out supplies, Skiike holds his token. Do yous guys have any tools to open locks? If not can I get a bow and arrows or a dagger?

Then it was off to Mondum, to see if he could help find Rhid. Getting Mondum while he wasn't working and preferably not around other elites, Skiike comes up Hey Mondum. Would you be able to help find Rhid? I thinkin you got a way to contact him.

13. - Top - End - #163

Grob the Scribe

"Yes! yes! Run away from each other to trick metal man!"

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Looting: Execute the looting plan with whistler at the dock.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax

Jalax was happy that he had successfully convinced three more goblins to his cause, but knew that he got to show them that he meant it. He started thinking about a way to help the tribe. He suddenly got an idea, he had checked out two of foods sources for the tribe, and the third source, the mushroom grove, was not in a secure enough location, for Jalax to consider improving right now. That meant the only food source left was the underground lake. To Jalaxs knowledge, the underground lake was not that big of a food source, but he hoped that meant that there was room for improvement. Jalax decided to take his followers down to the lake to see if they could come up with a good idea or two. He believed that it would be a good way to find out the ingenuity and intelligence of his new followers and his old ones too.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Jalax spend his last action on him and his followers coming up with a way to improve fishing in the underground lake, both the asset level and the trait level. He also tries to see how intelligence his followers seem to be, when they are trying to come up with a idea.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Narz & Marasia

After they leave for the yard, Whistler will shrug and walk towards the raft on which Narz and Marasia rode across the lake. Quickly he will cut through the bindings and drag the branches up to the tower. Starting a fire is simple for an experienced forest goblin. As for Narz and Marasia - Whistler doubts they will need transportation back across the lake.

Spoiler: Action:
    Show
    Break down the raft belonging to Narz and Marasia and set the fire as Shadowslinker requested. If there is more time, then sneak to the yard to observe Narz and Marasia.

Gwafu, Grob and the Docks

Whistler gives Gwafu his attention. "What did you find out?"

Show
    Playing keep away with three goblins is better than two. Let's join with Gwafu for the Dock looting.

16. - Top - End - #166

Chimera

Gwafhu replies "First off, there's a slow poke in the ranks. When he's in the rotation you'd have more time to to work with. Their patrol also looks something like this." So saying, he makes a crude sketch in the dirt outlining what he's learned of their patrol pattern.

"So if we wanted to get at the boats, we might want to go something like this." He then trace a quick path around the patrols toward where the boats are moored.

He finishes with "Tricking them is a good plan, but I'd like to get as far as we can before pulling that. Running is tiring work and I'd rather not do it for too long. Maybe we start with sneaking and pull up the tricks as a big finish. If we're spread out as we sneak in, we can still start it early if one of us is spotted."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Jalax

It’s not a particularly difficult to come up with ways to improve fishing. The goblins stick to shallows, catching fish and other critters, that live in water. A boat to reach other parts of the lake, fishing poles and nets, better sources of light or just better organizing goblin-fishers, so they don’t scare half the fish away, by splashing wildly, would all help improve fish production.

Gwafhu, Grob, Whistler

Grob [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you reply to Sarudis?

Whistler [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

You'll need extra action to spy on goblins investigating the Yard.

Adventuring
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC: I am assuming, that you are proceeding together following Gwafhu's plan. If it's not so, don't read the spoiler and tell me how you act.]

Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show

Gwafhu’s information proves accurate. The goblins wait for the slower Metal Man to start patrol. They time their move so the gap between the two Metal Men is widest and make their way into the docks warehouse. The whole building is a maze of crates - most of which seem to contain useless junk. Grob examines scribbles on the walls, claiming that they have some meaning - a system, that tells, where the good stuff is kept. His efforts to decipher the script are somewhat useful, as he manages to point to several crates of good stuff. There are two boats in the docks - and goblins begin to load them with goods, planning to make their escape on water. The lack of backpacks or like, limit the amount of goods transported - the crates themselves weigh too much to move them quickly enough. Metal Men pass and Whistler directs other goblins to hide, his skills somewhat useful in evading the enemy’s attention. Gwafhu shivers - the cold saps his strength and he nearly sneezes, when Metal Man passes by. Fortunately, he manages to fight the urge.

Finally, reaching the limit of their strength, the goblins untie the boat and leave the warehouse with the loot.

Loot
    Boat 5
    Mysterious Charts
    Fishing Rod 2
    30 Bags of Coffee Beans (2 Units)
    30 Furs (2 Units)
    10 Bottles with White Liquid
    A pile of pretty shiny stones & metal circles (3 Units)
    Longbow 4
    Leather Armor 3

Skiike

Stockroom

Scribbles raises an eyebrow. ''Tools to open locks? Ha. You are on Upper Keep Duty, right? Asking for means to open locks, when you are in a position to reach the very much locked treasury? Or Chief's private rooms? I think I’ll be reporting you to Rimbles, as a very suspicious goblin. There are rewards for keeping the order in the tribe this days.'' Scribbles makes a note of something in the scroll, he’s always carrying. ''You can have [Knife 1]''

Mondum

''Find Rhid?’’ Mondum closes on Skiike. ''Yeah, I know how to find him, you sneaky stinkpot'' Some sense of preservation yells at Skiike and he jumps away, as kitchen knife swishes, failing to shank him in his kidneys. ''Trying to ruin me! I know you’ve been snooping around my rooms, digging up dirt, so you could replace me!'' Mondum hisses, his voice burning with rage and desperation. ''Well, Fingers always liked my meat pies, so let's make some together, you rat!''

Skiike’s quick reaction gave him some distance and thus options on how to deal with the situation. Unfortunately, the location he picked to talk to Mondum is away from other goblins, so there are no witnesses, playing into Mondum’s hands.

18. - Top - End - #168

[Grob the Scribe

Ooc: sorry didn't see sarudis

Spoiler
    Show
    Grob thinks for a minute before deciding. The little creature could be very useful to his own research. But, he could get into big painful trouble...unless he came up with a good excuse as to how the switch happened without his knowledge. He didn't entirely know what the creature was but it had helped him and that was all he needed.

Grob whispers back "COLOR="#FF0000"]"yes, yes, we switch your cages[/COLOr]

Grob is going to wait for the other goblins to be distracted or start heading to the docks to the switch and then drapes one of the robes over the cage to also better help hide sarudis.
    Last edited by LongVin; 2015-12-18 at 11:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Skiike

Stockroom
    "I done workin there already, which is how I earned the token. I wantin to learn a trade so I's can go adventurin, but dagger help with that just as much.

Spoiler
    Show

Skiike will work some of his illusion magic to make it hard for Mondum to see or hit Skiike (I like the idea of making a blinding light in front of Mondum's face.
    Lots of goblin society questions to determine if I run or fight.
    Would Skiike know if Mondum is way more powerful then Skiike?
    If Mondum's body is found how hard will they look for the killer?
    What kind of punishment would be in store for the killer?
    Are hobgoblins a lot larger than goblins?
    Does Skiike know if Mondum is supporting either the chief or Nezz?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Narz & Marasia

Show
    Ok, I think I used my final action to start the fires, right? What's the deal on pushing for an extra action?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax
    After having studied the underground lake with his followers, Jalax decided that he should have a conversation with Hob about it, hoping to gain his support. When Jalax find Hob, he says the following: “Taskmaster, I have an offer. I want to try to improve the fishing at the underground lake and I hoped that you would assigned me and my associates the duty at the lake next season. The reason I am asking for this is because it would allow me to dedicate more time to the task.” Jalax hoped that Hob believed him when he said he wanted to improve the fishing, since that was only a few goblins, who would really mean it.

Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    Jalax is asking about being assigned fishing duty next season, together with his five followers.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Jalax

Hob waves a hand, absentmindedly, ''Yes, not a duty one usually volunteers for, so I can give you a chance. I'll make a note of it.''

Whistler

Narz & Marsia [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I didn't count the action of exploring the Docks at that point. But with it, yes all 5 actions spent.

Skiike

Mondum [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Skiike tries to befuddle Mondum, but his opponent undeterred, stabs him with a knife. Thinking that he'd prefer to keep his insides on the inside, Skiike bolts. Mondum is in persuit and the two play a game of cat and mouse, as Skiike navigates the dark tunnels, trying to hide from his pursuer. He receives another stab wound, though not as bad as the first one. Despite losing blood and feeling woozy, Skiike manages to get into one of the populated caverns. Mondum doesn't emerge - killing Skiike in the open view of other goblins, is something a Goblin Hero can get away with, but it's enough to give an Elite pause.

Skiike suffered [Moderate] and [Severe] wounds.

Grob

Grob [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Thank you!'' Sarudis exclaims. ''I'll find you, once I make my escape.''

Adventure

Narz and Marsia go to explore the Yard. They return with scratches and singed clothed, but very much alive, having recovered [Hatchet 2], [Dagger 2], [Feather & Ink 2] and a [Bottle with silvery liquid].

[OOC: I'll be starting new turn tomorrow. If you plan some tricks or more exploration, feel free to post it before then. The return to tribe will be handled in EoT.]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-19 at 05:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

Schliska searches the Hogswoods, looking for another suitable place for construction.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Fard

Schliska returns, having discovered a location, suitable for a lumberyard.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jalax
    "Thanks, I promise that me and my associates are going to do a good job.” Jalax said. He was just about leave, before he came up with another question he needed to ask. “How many goblins, do you usually assign to fishing duty?” Jalax asked, hoping to get an idea of how much fishing equipment he and his followers needed to make.

26. - Top - End - #176

Fard takes the team to the location and builds it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spend one Action to build Lumber Yard

27. - Top - End - #177

Chimera

After they get the boats back to the landing Gwafhu will take a moment try to get a feel for the items to see if any set off the kind of tingling he gets from his wand. Starting with the pile of shiny bits and moving on to the bottles, with a quick pass over the remaining items after that.

Once that's done, he'll work on the second fire. After that, he'd be tempted by the tower yard, but reluctant to leave the haul on the boats.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    A quick run and grab on the yard is tempted, but I think my actions are mostly used up. Hopefully the magical background will help give me a hunch on which items, if any, in the loot might be magical.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Turn 3 EoT

Tribe

The tribe now has a troop of warhogs and a new lumberyard in the Hogwoods.

Adventuring

Shadowslinker returns, looking worn out, his cloak singed. He seems surprised to find all goblins alive and with considerable amount of loot. ''Well, well, you followed my instructions without screwing up. Unexpected. Get the stuff into the boat's - Chief Soxkill takes his tax first'' Shadowslinker spits, clearly disliking the prospect of tribe taxation. ''I’ll take my share then and you keep the rest.''

Shadowslinker sails the newly recovered boat alone, leaving his old one to the goblins. It’s getting dark as the boats pass the gnarled old trees on the west bank. Something makes goblin adventurer approach the bird cage with Sarudis. ‘’What’s that? You’ve been suspiciously quiet all this time.’’ he asks, lifting the cloth to see the creature. And Sarudis bursts through the bar of the cage, suddenly free. She goes for Shadowslinker’s face, her claws drawing blood. The goblin yells, as Sarudis rips an eye out and laughing tosses it into the lake. Shadowslinker swings his blade, but the creatures dodges it - then transforming in midflight into something bigger and furrier, she hits him in chest. Shadowslinker loses balance and falls into the lake.

Sarudis hovers above the lake, but Shadowslinker never emerges. She laughs and sends a kiss to goblins, who frantically sail to the location of their quick battle. ''I’ve got to talk to my big friend. Be seeing you, you stinky, stupid dretch excrements. Be seeing you real soon.'' With a laugh she shoots into the sky and flies away.

Whistler [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

You can shoot either Shadowslinker or Sarudis with your bow. It won’t change the immidiate outcome, but it may have some effect.

Arrival

The Chief’s Guard await at the Sunken Keep. ''Goods inspection, to make sure you aren’t stealing nothing from the tribe'' says Musarak, one of Soxkill’s elites. ''Where’s Shadowslinker?''

In absence of Shadowslinker Musarak prepares to take the following items as ''Chief’s Tax'':

[OOC: If you wish to argue with Musarak or convince him to take other items, feel free]

Grob, The Scribe
    Spoiler
    Show

5 x Stacks of Paper
    Robe of Apprentice 2 [Taken]
    Healer’s Gloves 4
    Old Birdcage 1 [Taken]

Warehouse Venture
    Spoiler
    Show

Boat 5
    Mysterious Charts
    Fishing Rod 2
    30 Bags of Coffee Beans (2 Units)
    30 Furs (2 Units) [Taken]
    5 Bottles with White Liquid [Taken]
    5 Bottles with White Liquid
    A pile of pretty shiny stones & metal circles (3 Units)
    Longbow 4 [Taken]
    Leather Armor 3 [Taken]

Narz & Marsia
    Spoiler
    Show

Hatchet 2 [Taken]
    Dagger 2 [Taken]
    Ink & Feather
    Bottle with Silvery Liquid

Shadowslinker's Stash [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Shield 4 [Taken]
    Wooden Staff

Gwafhu [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

It seems that Bottles with White Liquid taken from Warehouse and Bottle with Silvery Liquid recovered by Marsia, gloves, that Grob retrieved and Wooden Staff of Shadowslinker have some magic in them. If Gwafhu could get his hands on them, maybe he could do some real magic?

Murder!

One morning Zunk, one of the Kurd’s followers doesn’t get up. The goblins check his body and discover that his throat was slit. Who could have done it and why? Kurd's remaining followers look uneasy - will one of them be next?

Turn 4

Stats
    Shelter
    Kurd & Jalax: +1 Stat
    Rest
    Fard: +1 Con, +1 Dex
    Whistler: +1 Wis, +1 Dex
    Kurd: +1 Str, +1 Con
    Howl: +1 Con

[OOC: Don’t forget you can use food to gain stat for the turn.]

Duty

Fard: Fishing Duty
    Whistler: Stinky Tunnels Duty
    Howl: Temple Duty
    Jalax: Fishing Duty
    Skiike: Upper Keep Duty
    Gwafhu: Stinky Tunnels Duty

Weather

It rains and rains and rains. It no violent thunderstorms, just an endless downpour that is bringing everybody’s spirits down.

Raid

All are talking about upcoming raid - Scourge and Kurd shall go and bring back riches to the tribe. All goblins are free to volunteer, though such troops are usually expendable meat shields, that protect the actually valuable goblins. Surprisingly, it seems Kranch’s troops will stay to ’’defend the Keep.’’ Is he actually a Raid Leader, when he does no raids?

Shadowslinker Missing

Shadowslinker recently left with handpicked goblins to explore some dungeon. They returned, where he did not. It seems pretty clear, that he got murdered by the greedy goblins - Chief Soxkill has called Grob, Whistler, Gwafhu, Narz and Marsia to explain, what happened on that journey, to determine their guilt.

Rumors

Shadowslinker was murdered on orders of Nezz. He was a secret assassin for Soxkill, the one who killed one of Nezz’es elites during wolf attack.

A horseman has been wandering the Hogwoods.

They say there used to be a city, somewhere west past the Hobgoblin camp. It’s people died of some plague, leaving all of their riches for the plundering.

There’s actually a hidden tunnel, that can get one through the collapsed rubble, down at the Sunken Keep.

There’s a secret agent of Hobgoblins within the Sunken Keep. He or she has been feeding information to Hobgoblins.

There’s a plot to assassinate one of the Goblin Heroes and scatter his or her followers.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2015-12-24 at 11:13 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Skiike

To Kurd:
    Skiike approaches Kurd and his on guard men, "Is you gonna be leadin the raid since Kranch is stayin back"

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Is the raid happening this turn or next turn

30. - Top - End - #180

Grob the Scribe

Well that was certainly unexpected, shadowslinker wasn't lying about the creature likely being able to kill them all...better Shadowslinker than him though. Hopefully when Sarudis returned, whatever she was, she would spare Grob for his help. Otherwise Grob knew enough to hide in his hole until the big bad nasty was finishing her murderous rampage.

Murask

"No, No. No take Apprentice robes! Not useful for tribe as whole. Grob needs them for his work. Tribe should take the boat instead! Help tribe fish. Good boat."

Shadowslinker Missing

Grob reports immediately to Chief Soxkill to give his version of the story before other lying, stinky Goblins say anything bad about Grob. Approaching the guards he says "Grob the Scribe here by order of the Chief!"