New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What demigod has not yet voted?

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    I didn't reflect on it, but now that you mention it, I've never seen day and night at the same time, so that would be the opposite of odd
    That means... they're the same person! Like Zorro and Don Diego de La Vega!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I find that very hard to believe, wasn't Don Diego de La Vega a nobleman and friends with the governor and other officials?
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Aasimar View Post
    I find that very hard to believe, wasn't Don Diego de La Vega a nobleman and friends with the governor and other officials?
    Now that you make me think about it, he and Zorro are just like day and night
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    While I'm sure that's Belkar's favorite party game to play with dwarven strangers, I'm not sure why the OP would favor that particular pastime.
    It took misery and a splitting headache at 4 in the morning for me to suddenly get the genius of your joke.

Now, I'm actually chuckling out loud at it.

"Dagur or Nott" ... Belkar's favorite party game ... "dagger or not" ... hilarious! Thank you!
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

cool Re: What demigod has not yet voted?

Oh, here we go...

Don't start that AGAIN. Don Diego de La Vega wears glasses, Zorro DOESN'T wear glasses.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Interestingly, Forseti's claim to fame is that he is a great peacemaker and judge, kinda like a norse Solomon. It was said that nobody brought charges before him without leaving satisfied.

Even though this is a loose adaptation of norse mythology (at most), my theory is that while Forseti is relatively neutral towards destroying the world at this point, he would not want to do so with half the pantheon so adamantly against it. It's easier to not destroy the world, then change your mind later and destroy it, than it is to destroy it and then change your mind.

I believe he may offer a compromise of some sort instead of a clear yes or no. Perhaps a time limit of some sort.

I'm fairly sure he'll make a long speech, trying to make peace between the two factions at least.

It might also be a more interesting story development to get a compromise than a clear no.

edit: I'm actually prepping for a 5e game set in a homebrew Norse mythology setting based on the Eddas, which is why I've been boning up on this stuff. If it turns out I was right, I kinda feel bad about it. I know I'd hate it if I was the giant and had this plan and somebody came along and guessed it.
    I like this theory. It would also lead to Loki being able to make another quip along the lines of "That's what I said, like, 10 minutes ago!" cos he was in favour of waiting it out to see what happens.

7. - Top - End - #37

AssassinGuy

The last demigod is Schrödinger, the Demigod of Uncertainty. His vote is both Yes and No at the same time, depending on whether a cat is still alive.

Consequently, Vamp-Gontor is on the Mechane in order to kill a cat and cause the quantum waveform to collapse in Hel's favor.

But - SPOILER - Schrödinger is actually the secret identity of Blackwing the Raven, who has previously displayed his ability to exist/not-exist simultaneously, and oh brother, things just got REAL.

Absurd. Next you'll be saying Batman and billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne are the same person.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

The dwarf with a crown, will vote no, Giggles the clown will vote it back to a tie, with Elan as his high priest.

He has an island of orcs worshipping him.
    Last edited by Lothar Hill; 2015-11-17 at 01:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar Hill View Post
    The dwarf with a crown, will tie the vote, Giggles the clown will be the tie breaker, with Elan as his high priest.

He has an island of orcs worshipping him.
    The vote is 3-3... the dwarf with the crown's vote is the tie-breaker.
    Plus Elan wouldn't be Giggle's High Priest... that would be shaman vurkle

10. - Top - End - #40

Interestingly, Forseti's claim to fame is that he is a great peacemaker and judge, kinda like a norse Solomon. It was said that nobody brought charges before him without leaving satisfied.

Even though this is a loose adaptation of norse mythology (at most), my theory is that while Forseti is relatively neutral towards destroying the world at this point, he would not want to do so with half the pantheon so adamantly against it. It's easier to not destroy the world, then change your mind later and destroy it, than it is to destroy it and then change your mind.

I believe he may offer a compromise of some sort instead of a clear yes or no. Perhaps a time limit of some sort.

I'm fairly sure he'll make a long speech, trying to make peace between the two factions at least.

It might also be a more interesting story development to get a compromise than a clear no.

edit: I'm actually prepping for a 5e game set in a homebrew Norse mythology setting based on the Eddas, which is why I've been boning up on this stuff. If it turns out I was right, I kinda feel bad about it. I know I'd hate it if I was the giant and had this plan and somebody came along and guessed it.
    This would be the most fantastic thing and if it happens you will get three internets.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Absurd. Next you'll be saying Batman and billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne are the same person.
    Today I learnt that Batman isn't the night. The night is the day trying to be Batman.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The last Demigod has to be Spekulatius, goddess of wild and baseless speculation, who should qualify as a full-fledged deity considering how much power this forum gives her.
    Last edited by Kantaki; 2015-11-17 at 12:49 PM.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    The last Demigod has to be Spekulatius, goddess of wild and baseless speculation, who should qualify as a full-fledged deity considering how much power this forum gives her.
    Wrong plane of existence, until someone casts plane shift on the server.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyAnonymous View Post
    Roy cares about not breaking the Godsmoot rules. The vampire-that-was-Gontor probably doesn't.
    Roy only cares about not breaking the rules because he doesn't want to get instantly massacred by the Godsmoot clerics. If the vampire possessing Gontor's body tries anything, he'll be decimated within a round.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    It took misery and a splitting headache at 4 in the morning for me to suddenly get the genius of your joke.

Now, I'm actually chuckling out loud at it.

"Dagur or Nott" ... Belkar's favorite party game ... "dagger or not" ... hilarious! Thank you!
    I'm glad someone got it. I was worried that it would be way too vague for anyone to comprehend.

Hope your misery (and the headache along with it) has subsided by now!
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The seventh vote is actually the Dark One's Plan B. He will strip Redcloak of the High Priesthood and give it to the dwarf in the blue robes, who will reveal himself to be a polymorphed Redcloak's niece. Redcloak's niece will then extort the Gods into granting concessions to the Dark One or else she will vote with Hel and end the world.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aisper View Post
    The seventh vote is actually the Dark One's Plan B. He will strip Redcloak of the High Priesthood and give it to the dwarf in the blue robes, who will reveal himself to be a polymorphed Redcloak's niece. Redcloak's niece will then extort the Gods into granting concessions to the Dark One or else she will vote with Hel and end the world.
    I knew this thread was missing something! Hmm...now what about Trigak and Therkla...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by theasl View Post
    I knew this thread was missing something! Hmm...now what about Trigak and Therkla...
    They are busy scrying on the Order in the desert.

18. - Top - End - #48

SamuraiGuy

I said Forseti a couple of times in the main thread. But the thread moves so fast, I think it got lost.

He's the only main god in norse mythology not to have had a nod yet. There are a few others, but those are mostly monstrous or giants. Forseti is the only one who regularly comes up as one of the Æsir who hasn't been mentioned.

His name is literally the Icelandic word for President. He could be the demigod of rulership or of councils and gatherings.

I think the crown symbol would fit.
    Given the close-up picture, I'm going to guess your guess is guessed correctly, I guess.

So that means he would try to reconcile everyone, but I also think if he can't make up his mind in the end, he'd go with Odin's vote, deferring to the ruler.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

19. - Top - End - #49
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyAnonymous View Post
    Roy cares about not breaking the Godsmoot rules. The vampire-that-was-Gontor probably doesn't.
    Durkula does too, if his spiel just before drinking Gontor is any indication. Also, Wrecan explicitly states prior to the moot that the other priests will smoke him if he breaks the rules.

No, I think the orb is Gontor's target, since Durkula knows its whereabouts and anyone can use it. This will also force the Order to help Bandana deal with the brewing mutiny drama onboard the Mechane.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-11-18 at 09:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theasl View Post
    That's a stupid prediction. Obviously Miko is going to show up and Smite Durkula

21. - Top - End - #51
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    That's a stupid prediction. Obviously Miko is going to show up and Smite Durkula
    But a Blackguard's smite wouldn't do very much to Durkon, until he was destroyed and resurrected.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    The last demigod is Schrödinger, the Demigod of Uncertainty. His vote is both Yes and No at the same time, depending on whether a cat is still alive.
    If only we could harness the energy generated from the sheer amount that Schrödinger must be turning in his grave....

Also, the Demigod of Uncertainty would be Heisenberg. He rode the bus with Hund, until Pauli tried to get on and it broke.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, the Demigod of Uncertainty would be Heisenberg. He rode the bus with Hund, until Pauli tried to get on and it broke.
    Are you sure? I thought he was on the bus with Skinny Pete.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

While we're on topic, is there any further meaning or significance in Thyrm, Lord of Frost Giants' answer? I don't know my mythology, is grumpy and with-holding standard behaviour for this demi-god? Or is there a plot-thread waiting to be picked up there?

25. - Top - End - #55

He tends to keep his own counsel, yes.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBees View Post
    While we're on topic, is there any further meaning or significance in Thyrm, Lord of Frost Giants' answer? I don't know my mythology, is grumpy and with-holding standard behaviour for this demi-god? Or is there a plot-thread waiting to be picked up there?
    I think it's likely an indicator that, like Hermod, he may have prearranged his vote with Hel before the Godsmoot.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBees View Post
    All I know about Thrym's base in mythology is that he was a frost giant who stole Mjolnir and that getting it back involved Loki and Thor in drag, Loki's fasttalking skills and violence against frost giants. I don't think he is a plot-hook.

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    I think it's likely an indicator that, like Hermod, he may have prearranged his vote with Hel before the Godsmoot.
    Or he isn't working with Hel and has his own reasons to end the world. He just wants them to stay secret because they are silly.
    Last edited by Kantaki; 2015-11-20 at 01:05 PM.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

I'll tell you which one

AND HIS NAME'S JOHN CENA
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    I'll tell you which one

AND HIS NAME'S JOHN CENA
    No, that's somebody else.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesAWD View Post
    Wouldn't this break the rules of the conclave? The loophole Roy is exploiting is being the bodyguard of the priest he's trying to kill.
    We know of the rules that bind the delegates and their bodyguards, but false-flag attacks on the Moot by way of deliberate airship crashes may not be covered in the same way that bodyguards attacking their own principal wasn't. If the Mechane hitting the Moot is treated as an attack, who gets in trouble for it? Bandana, Elan/ the Order, or the gaseous form of Gontor slipping away unseen in the confusion? Highly unlikely to be Gontor in my opinion, and even if he is blamed, he's still just a pawn in Hel's game.
    Last edited by Nightcanon; 2015-11-21 at 06:37 AM.