New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Default Reverting an edit?

Hi, is there a way to revert an edit? I accidentally clicked "edit" on my post instead of "reply with quote", can anyone explain how to do it, if it can be done. Do any dicerolls revert as well?
    DMing:
    Shadoweagle's Fields of Flesh [5e] - IC - OOC - MAP

2. - Top - End - #2
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Reverting an edit?

Quote Originally Posted by daze413 View Post
    Hi, is there a way to revert an edit? I accidentally clicked "edit" on my post instead of "reply with quote", can anyone explain how to do it, if it can be done. Do any dicerolls revert as well?
    There's no way to revert an edit, sorry.

Dice rolls are not changed in the edit process, all of the same dice rolls are still stored in the database for that post. If you're a player, you could explain the situation to your DM and ask them if they would accept you trying to recreate the post to the best of your memory with the same dice rolls. You can re-link them as [roll0] (they start at 0), [roll1], [roll2] etc. Do ask first, though, or it might be seen as cheating.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Reverting an edit?

Thankfully, the DM already saw the roll before the incident. It's unfortunate there is no reverting but I'll try to recreate the post as you said. Thanks again!
    DMing:
    Shadoweagle's Fields of Flesh [5e] - IC - OOC - MAP