New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah 2015 : The Big Party

[At The Bar - Nisha and Fade]

"No." Fade simpli says. "Shadowfolk are shadowfolk. They can't be human or sprits or whatever you think, that would be stupid. A human can't be an elf and the other way around." His voice still calm and soundless. Much like a machine.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #572
    Orc in the Playground

Bar Area

In a corner booth, Deadra and Ezra canoodle and munch on blood oranges.

These are delightful.

Can't believe I never heard of them before.

Santa Line

Felandria takes her place in line to wait for Santa.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #573
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Please don't call me Nat. My brother called me Nat when he wanted to annoy me. It always worked." And now he's somewhere in her world's equivalent of France, or possibly in her world's equivalent of death. "That's kind of what GLoG exists for, to be a place of nice and friendly people. And the odd grumpy person learning to be better." It takes in anyone who needs it.
    Not Waiting for Santa

Luna nods. "Sorry, Natalie." Too bad, Nat is such a cute nickname.

She nods in approval. "Being in a place like that will do her some good. But not too good, of course!" Luna declares, and Nisha nods in approval. "Just enough to learn to blend in normal society. Like I said, it will take time, but it can be done."

"Talie is helping."
    Nisha mutters, smiling widely at her friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "No." Fade simpli says. "Shadowfolk are shadowfolk. They can't be human or sprits or whatever you think, that would be stupid. A human can't be an elf and the other way around." His voice still calm and soundless. Much like a machine.

"Whatever. Moving on." Nisha says, wanting to talk about something other than Fade's bigotry. Fade insisting he can be the only one of his kind around will turn out to be harmful to his health.

Rama pauses for a few seconds. "Moving on. Bigot." And then he leaves Nisha and Fade to it. So much for thinking he'd found another kindred spirit.

"What's your name?"

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    In a corner booth, Deadra and Ezra canoodle and munch on blood oranges.

These are delightful.

Can't believe I never heard of them before.
    Bar Area

"Mhmm. I'll keep the seeds, dear, then you and I will be able to have as much of them as we want. I have a greenhouse. Family of ranchers before most of us got turned, most others died and the few remaining moved away." Ezra explains. "The cowboy hat isn't just for show." Of course, now his hat has been removed, so he can nuzzle and neck Deadra without his hat getting in the way.

"You'll get to see my home sometime." He teases.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-01-05 at 05:21 AM.

4. - Top - End - #574

Fade is silent. He is no Bigot. He just sees shadowfolk as the rce he is not a lifestyle or something everyone can follow. And on the other hand I guess it would be as harmful to their health as it was for him.
    As I said. Fade is different.

"Fade." he replies in his soundless voice. "Your both young it seems?" Hard to say if it's a question or a statement

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    HapMag Timeskip

An hour or so later, Magtok is sitting with Happy, drinking hot cocoa and wondering how an entire hour went by so quickly, and why he can't seem to remember how that situation with Nassah got resolved. Probably for the best, honestly. Not an experience he really wants to remember, anyways.

"I'm still surprised every time I get the 'oh, you're a cyborg, liquids must instantly kill you' thing. I mean, has that ever actually worked outside of cartoons and poorly made scrap drones with exposed wires everywhere?" It's not nice to talk about people like that behind their back, Mags. Besides, don't you have something more important to discuss? You can't delay this thing forever.

"Careful! Don't drink that! It's liquid!"
    Happy says in mock alarm, also glad to delay discussion of... stuff. She blows on her cocoa and takes a sip. "It's pretty hot. I shouldn't have thrown it on you."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    At the Bar

"Well you're right, I suppose. Sorry."
    Luna says apologetically.

"Uhh... home is where alcohol is." She giggles. "Sorry, old joke. It's in a world/plane away from here, on our version of earth. In some ways it's far more technologically advanced than most of the Nexus. There's also a certain Tower in the Nexus, where my sister and I stay, along with my friends. Wanna come visit?"
    At the Bar

"I'd be happy to ma'am. Errr... it's not the Watchtower is it ma'am? I think it might be hard to visit that place ma'am."
    That's two places he's worked at that's blown up. Butler hopes this isn't becoming some sort of pattern.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Orc in the Playground

Fade is silent. He is no Bigot. He just sees shadowfolk as the rce he is not a lifestyle or something everyone can follow. And on the other hand I guess it would be as harmful to their health as it was for him.
    As I said. Fade is different.

"Fade." he replies in his soundless voice. "Your both young it seems?" Hard to say if it's a question or a statement

There's a loud tinny laughter emanating from the teddy bear. 'Young'. How hilarious.

"I'm fourteen, and Mr. Dark has lived so long he can't remember his age." Nisha replies simply. "How old are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "I'd be happy to ma'am. Errr... it's not the Watchtower is it ma'am? I think it might be hard to visit that place ma'am."
    That's two places he's worked at that's blown up. Butler hopes this isn't becoming some sort of pattern.
    At the Bar

"No, it's not. There's no watch in it." Luna jokes. Two can play the game of 'redefine the meaning of literal-mindedness'. "It's just a tower somewhere Outside. We'll be happy to have you! Besides, someone as busy as you probably doesn't have too much time to make friends, so we've got you cover-- ah, I mean, we are going to be your friends!"

That was close, Luna.

8. - Top - End - #578

"I can't tell." Fade replies in his soundless voice "I stopped counting a long time ago and that was already after thousands of years."

9. - Top - End - #579
    Orc in the Playground

"Right." Nisha responds, then continues to stare at her drink... unless Fade says something, that is.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Orc in the Playground

Not Waiting for Santa

Luna thinks it's cute, Natalie thinks it sounds like a small mosquito.

"I will challenge your assertion that there can be such a thing as 'too much good'. I think all anyone can even do is well enough to blend into normal society. Trying too hard is as disconcerting to normal society as not trying hard enough." It's a fine line, though most people manage to walk it just fine.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

Not Waiting for anything in particular

"There can be too much good, Talie."
    Nisha interjects with a serious expression on her face.

"Well, there isn't, strictly speaking. I was half-joking. It's the extremists one has to worry about." Luna clarifies. "But I think Nisha's safe from those, especially with you. Yeah, she might be deadlier, but you have heart." She points to Natalie's heart. "Don't let anyone take that from you." She smiles.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Orc in the Playground

Just Chatting, Really

"On the subject of 'deadlier', I was considering asking for a dinosaur shape from Santa. I decided against it because we recently went flying and that was very fun indeed. Next time, Raven, I can join it." Natalie smiles at that, and will try to hug the other girl again. "And I assure you, I have no intention of losing my heart. In any sense of the term."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

Just a friendly chat

Nisha smiles and happily hugs Natalie back, and Luna grins. "I know you don't, and for that I'm glad."

Then she chuckles. "You two are so cute together. And with the black hair and near-similar height, you could be sisters." She observes.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Bar

"No, it's not. There's no watch in it." Luna jokes. Two can play the game of 'redefine the meaning of literal-mindedness'. "It's just a tower somewhere Outside. We'll be happy to have you! Besides, someone as busy as you probably doesn't have too much time to make friends, so we've got you cover-- ah, I mean, we are going to be your friends!"

That was close, Luna.
    "I appreciate you covering me ma'am, but there's always time to make friends." So long as you make the time. Butler's a professional working man, complete with shifts and such! Or was at one point. He knows what covering someone means. "Did you want to go now or later ma'am?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Careful! Don't drink that! It's liquid!"
    Happy says in mock alarm, also glad to delay discussion of... stuff. She blows on her cocoa and takes a sip. "It's pretty hot. I shouldn't have thrown it on you."

"I probably deserved it,"
    Magtok shrugs, before he reaches a hand out towards the spot where chrome meets flesh, where most of the cocoa had splashed him. Blegh, still a bit raw. He's glad he doesn't have a mirror right now, and won't have to actually see the burn until long after he's back out of the Nexus. So long as he can't actually see it, he can continue to act like it's not as bad as it really is.

"There's not a chance I could talk you into leaving with me, is there?" As soon as the words leave his mouth, he realizes how awful a question that was. His eyes shoot down at his drink, already knowing the answer. That question is all kinds of unfair; you can't just ask someone to leave their entire life, world, and daughter behind to go drifting across the multiverse. Some people actually care about and/or haven't outlived their families, Magtok, jeez.

"Sorry, no, stupid question. Stupid and unfair. I haven't even apologized yet. I hadn't even implied I was going to apologize for anything. Which I should. Apologize, I mean. Not that I'm suggesting that all it'd take to get you to come along is an apology, because that's insane," Magtok babbles, trying desperately to take back the stupidest thing he's said today.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2016-01-06 at 01:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

An Awkward Chat

Happy waits until Magtok's babbling has died down, a crooked smile on her face. "Did I ever tell you how cute you are when you talk yourself into a corner?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #587
    Orc in the Playground

"I appreciate you covering me ma'am, but there's always time to make friends." So long as you make the time. Butler's a professional working man, complete with shifts and such! Or was at one point. He knows what covering someone means. "Did you want to go now or later ma'am?"
    At the Bar

Well, Luna takes the words from his mind. "Yes, as long as you make the time, Butler!" She says, smiling. "And no, we can't go now. I just got here! Haven't partied hard enough." She winks and smiles. "But not to worry, I'm not leaving anytime soon. Are ya still around?"

((Outside scene isn't over. Sorry, Butler! ))

[Santa for Fel]

While Nisha, Luna and Ezra are having their fun, an unexpected guest steps up to be Santa! It's a shadowman much like Fade, though now he's assumed a form much like Father from Kids Next Door, only without the pipe, the hair (it's covered in the silhouette of a santa hat), the red outlines (blue this time) or the malicious grin (it's nice and friendly-looking)!

That's right, while Nisha speaks with Fade, Rama (also known as Mr. Dark to Nisha) the shadow spirit decides to have some fun experiencing Thanksmas.

He steps up to the throne in his silhouetted line-pattern coat and takes a seat, just as Fel steps up to the throne.

"Merry Thanksmas to you, runt. What can I do for you?" He asks in a friendly manner.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-01-07 at 11:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #588

"Right." Nisha responds, then continues to stare at her drink... unless Fade says something, that is.

Fade still looks at his drink. He takes a sip of the radioactiv fluid befor he speaks up.
    "You are what they call Ninja?" he asks in his soundless voice. "Why you need that bird?"

19. - Top - End - #589
    Orc in the Playground

[At the bar - Nisha and Fade]

Nisha glances at Fade. "Yes. Me and Luna." She'd rather keep to herself than speak, but big sister did tell her to try and make friends... though if she thinks about it, she likes Fade already. Everyone else, wanting to be friends, it can be refreshing to meet another person that prefers to keep to themselves. And a shadow-person, too! Except Natalie. Natalie was nice to her, and it brought back feelings she hadn't felt since Elise, her first and now dead girlfriend, feelings she wants to feel more of.

All those thoughts take a few seconds, before she refocuses on Fade. "I like ravens. I was called that once." It's what Elise called her on a whim, and the nickname stuck after a while. "This is Brenna, my bond bird. Santa got it for me." She turns to the raven and actually smiles warmly, or as much as anyone can tell with that mask covering her mouth. Her stoic scowl returns when addressing Fade. "Also, she'll be useful in missions."

20. - Top - End - #590

"You don't got any feathers. I don't understand why they called you raven." Fade replies in his monoton voice. "Useful for Missions? It's a bit to flashy I think."

21. - Top - End - #591
    Orc in the Playground

[Santa for Fel]

While Nisha, Luna and Ezra are having their fun, an unexpected guest steps up to be Santa! It's a shadowman much like Fade, though now he's assumed a form much like Father from Kids Next Door, only without the pipe, the hair (it's covered in the silhouette of a santa hat), the red outlines (blue this time) or the malicious grin (it's nice and friendly-looking)!

That's right, while Nisha speaks with Fade, Rama (also known as Mr. Dark to Nisha) the shadow spirit decides to have some fun experiencing Thanksmas.

He steps up to the throne in his silhouetted line-pattern coat and takes a seat, just as Fel steps up to the throne.

"Merry Thanksmas to you, runt. What can I do for you?" He asks in a friendly manner.
    Runt?

Fel approaches the noo Santa.

Well, Santa, I wanted to tell you what I want for Thanksmas.

I want Lynette to be happy.

It doesn't matter if it's with me or not, I just want her to find happiness, wherever she might find it.

I love her deeply, but I just don't know if I can be what she needs, and I don't want to force her to fit into a mold.

So, if there's something in that bag that can make her happy, please make sure she gets it.

Thanks.

Oh, and some Taste of Grape if you have any

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Bar

Well, Luna takes the words from his mind. "Yes, as long as you make the time, Butler!" She says, smiling. "And no, we can't go now. I just got here! Haven't partied hard enough." She winks and smiles. "But not to worry, I'm not leaving anytime soon. Are ya still around?"

((Outside scene isn't over. Sorry, Butler! ))
    At the Bar

"Oh, errr, yes I am ma'am. Sorry ma'am, I didn't realize you had just arrived." Butler's been here a little while if the number of Nuka-Colas he's gone through is any indication. "Well I'll just be here if you want to go see Santa or something ma'am."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #593
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    An Awkward Chat

Happy waits until Magtok's babbling has died down, a crooked smile on her face. "Did I ever tell you how cute you are when you talk yourself into a corner?"
    "If you did, I was probably too busy kicking myself to notice," Magtok grumps, pausing to sip at his cocoa and gather his thoughts. Okay, that didn't go so well. Better than expected, but not well.

"I'm sorry, by the way. Both for the barbarian riffraff remark and the whole everything about how I left and all the stuff before I left. I also thought about coming back, but looking around, I think this place is doing fine without me, which is both great news and a huge blow to my swollen ego. It's unnerving, seeing how much I really don't matter and how my return wouldn't change much anyways. I can't be a big fish in a small pond here anymore," a brief, wounded smile flickers across Mag's face. There's more to it than that, certainly, and he'd burned more than his fair share of bridges before leaving, but the ego thing was one of the more surprising revelations. The Nexus is still the Nexus without you, Magtok. It always was, and always will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #594
    Orc in the Playground

Not Waiting

"Twin sisters, or just sisters?" Natalie smiles, though that's one feature that instantly determines which is which- Natalie has a smile on her face, Nisha doesn't, so much.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Orc in the Playground

"You don't got any feathers. I don't understand why they called you raven." Fade replies in his monoton voice. "Useful for Missions? It's a bit to flashy I think."

Nisha doesn't answer his literal-minded deduction. "Recon. Extra set of eyes. I can hide her, if need be. Shadow-walking. I might not be true shadowfolk, but I can manipulate the void and shadows." She says, shrugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Runt?

Fel approaches the noo Santa.

Well, Santa, I wanted to tell you what I want for Thanksmas.

I want Lynette to be happy.

It doesn't matter if it's with me or not, I just want her to find happiness, wherever she might find it.

I love her deeply, but I just don't know if I can be what she needs, and I don't want to force her to fit into a mold.

So, if there's something in that bag that can make her happy, please make sure she gets it.

Thanks.

Oh, and some Taste of Grape if you have any
    [Noo Santa]

Rama the Santa smiles and nods. "If the redhead wants her friend to be happy, then happy she shall be!" He declares with a flourish and reaches into the Santa bag, fiddling around with his black tongue sticking out. "Oh! How about this?" And he pulls out two heart-shaped lockets on gold chains. One contains Felandria's picture, the other contains Lynette's. "It seems you two share something special, and so I suppose she'd be happy to see your face, and you hers. Also..."

He then reaches in and pulls out a six-pack of Taste Of Grape cans (if it's a drink) or a big box of it (if it's candy of some sort) and hands it to Felandria.

(After this, I need someone to be santa for Luna. )

"Oh, errr, yes I am ma'am. Sorry ma'am, I didn't realize you had just arrived." Butler's been here a little while if the number of Nuka-Colas he's gone through is any indication. "Well I'll just be here if you want to go see Santa or something ma'am."
    At the Bar

Luna smiles and pats Butler's back. "It's no problem. That is true, though! I should get something for the gang. Gimme a few minutes." She chugs her mug of spiked cocoa and sighs in satisfaction. "I'll be back, so don't leave, okay? You can speak to little sister."

Then she leaves and takes her place in the line to see Santa.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Twin sisters, or just sisters?" Natalie smiles, though that's one feature that instantly determines which is which- Natalie has a smile on her face, Nisha doesn't, so much.
    Not Waiting

Well, not so much... unless she's around Luna, or Natalie, or maybe even Jamie, even though Natalie seems to like Jamie. But then, she's never expressed her feelings to Talie. But should she? Does she even remember how to?

She does frown sadly at their words, though. She doesn't want to be just 'sisters', in fact, she'd love to be more than sisters.

"Twin sisters. I hope the bond between you both grows into something beautiful." Luna smiles, nodding, when she notices Nisha's frown. She knows what that frown means, so she decides to 'help'.

"I know just the opportunity. Hmm... you both could go to that new ice-cream place I saw on my way here. They had a thanksmas special. Perfect for bonding! Right, Nisha?"

Nisha appears confused, but Luna just winks at her.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

An Awkward Chat

"If you did, I was probably too busy kicking myself to notice," Magtok grumps, pausing to sip at his cocoa and gather his thoughts. Okay, that didn't go so well. Better than expected, but not well.

"I'm sorry, by the way. Both for the barbarian riffraff remark and the whole everything about how I left and all the stuff before I left. I also thought about coming back, but looking around, I think this place is doing fine without me, which is both great news and a huge blow to my swollen ego. It's unnerving, seeing how much I really don't matter and how my return wouldn't change much anyways. I can't be a big fish in a small pond here anymore," a brief, wounded smile flickers across Mag's face. There's more to it than that, certainly, and he'd burned more than his fair share of bridges before leaving, but the ego thing was one of the more surprising revelations. The Nexus is still the Nexus without you, Magtok. It always was, and always will be.

"If it's a big pond now, you're a big part of the reason,"
    Happy says. "I'm sorry too. I was trying to keep you here, and every time you showed a hint of going, I panicked. Then when you left the Nexus, it felt like you were leaving me, then you came back without telling me, and... " She stirs at her cocoa with a candy cane. "If it's any consolation, the cocoa in the face was my third impulse. The first was to punch you and the second was to drag you away. Probably to punch you, but it was never that simple with us, was it?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #597

For Fade you call things what they are. Would he look Batman for example he would cal them by their original names and not Batman, Joker and what else. And didn't she just get the raven from Santa? How does she know if all those things work?But there is something that Fade wants to knoe. he is still looking forward as he speaks.

"Shadow-walking? How does that work for you?" he asks in his soundless voice.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Orc in the Playground

"Transportation via the shadow-world. I could probably even step into you and come out outside."
    Of course, a place devoid of shadows renders that quite impossible to do, unless she created one herself. "Or I can move about as a shadow, if need be."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Orc in the Playground

Not Waiting

Natalie smiles when she hears ice cream. "I like ice cream. That sounds like a good idea, Nisha." Natalie doesn't note Luna's wink, but does note Nisha's confusion, and misconstrues it. "Ice cream's really nice! This isn't really the ideal time of year for it, but who cares?"

30. - Top - End - #600
    Orc in the Playground

Not Waiting

Nisha turns to Natalie and notices how excited she is about ice-cream. She smiles then. "I don't. Let's go get ice-cream." She glances at her big sister, who nods with a smile. Looking back at Natalie, she tries to take the other girl's hand. "I know the place."

"I'll just leave you two to it, then. Nice meeting you, Natalie!" Then she leans in closer to Nisha. "Have fun." She says with a mischievous wink.