New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah 2015 : The Big Party

[Axxie and Katrina]

'I really should explore Inside more. Bet there's a lot to see and do there.'

Besides, if Axxie stumbled upon Park Park for the first time, she would stare at its sign and wonder if someone accidentally used the word "Park" twice

'Hello, any servers here?' Axxie waves and calls out. Almost immediately, an elf (or a skinny human wearing fake elf ears, it's hard to tell) in a christmas-colored toga briskly walks over.

'Merry christmas... I mean, Thankmas!' he greets, then faces Axxie. 'Would you like the eggnog or the cocoa?'

'The eggnog, of course!' Axxie grins.

'What would you like with your eggnog? We have bourbon, cognac and rum.''

'I'll take the cognac!'

'Very well.' The server turns to Katrina. And how about you? What would you like to drink?'

((EDIT: Whoops, looks like I pushed Lord Magtok's post to the previous page! Here's his post, made more visible.))

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Candy Cane Cavalcade

"Look, I told you already, I'm not going back. I retired from VIGIL, I took care of all my loose ends, I left Sunny my old cave. There's no reason for me to go back, I don't want to go back, so just leave me alone and-" Halfway through his grumbling, Magtok realizes he's inadvertently stepped through a telewarp portal and walked right into the Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah festivities. Drat, he knew he should've double-checked the coordinates before trying to slip away from an argument like that.

Oh well, now that he's probably been spotted, might as well make the best of it. He can visit for Thanksmas, I guess. Just for Thanksmas, and then it's back to touring the multiverse. Yeah, that sounds reasonable enough. Let's just hope nobody freaks out and makes a big fuss about his return. Last thing he needs is someone trying to pressure him to stay, or get on his case about not leaving them enough in his will. He thought he was pretty generous with his belongings, all things considered, but he can imagine Riss and Sophia feeling a tad under-appreciated compared to Sunny's lion share of the loot, and that glitterbomb mailed to HALO and addressed to 'the Reinholdt clone who came up with the mooning idea' leaving a sour taste in a few mouths.

So yeah, long story short, the cyborg is back for Thanksmas. There's no way this will end well.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-12-03 at 04:16 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanksmas Tree

"Ah. Yes... that could take a while..." Reinholdt frowns. Clegg was pretty dangerous and currently missing. That one could take a long time indeed. Not impossible, though. Just keep believing.

His thoughts on the matter are interrupted by noticing Cheasadh closing her eyes and counting and nearly panicking himself. "No, no. The stroke of the hour! That means when it turns whatever o'clock and the bells on the clock ring and the little bird pops out." It was a magical time.

If she opens her eyes again and Rein doesn't have to do a scramble rush to find chocolate, then Teddiursa will get a hug from the cat. Otherwise, the finicky creature will be dashing off in a hurry in some desperate bid to find chocolate before she counts to ten. Which would take a miracle in and of itself. Hopefully the kid gets the message. Rein supposes he tried to make the instructions a little too fairy tale fantastical.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Through the magic of Thanksmas, whether he likes it or not, Dipsnig is once again here. But it's not like he's particularly conducive to Thanksmas cheer, and the real reason he's here is his wolves. Viima and Kullervo are now the progenitors of quite a large extended family, since their cubs took mates from among the wild wolves in the nearby wilderness. The two older wolves are staying near their very grumpy owner, while their youngest progeny is wandering around with ribbons wrapped around their necks.
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-12-03 at 10:07 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Minstrel Corner

"So this is a resurection of their memories?" Fade asks. "A very strange tradition"
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Minstrel Corner]

"I do, actually. Or I could." Fade gets an irate look that will doubtless only confuse him, as Sebastian finally gets the folding stand sorted, stepping away sucking at a pinched finger. "I can't say it's my first job. More of a talent I've picked up, with a little magic behind it."
    Minstrel Corner

Candace smiles at Fade but otherwise ignores him. I don't suppose you'd accept a commission to do a portrait of my son later? I would very much like to have a baby picture.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Thanksmas Tree]

"I know. But I also know we can do it. It's Thanksmas, right? I'll keep believing."
    Someday.

Oh, but Rein has more wishes to grant. Leah waves and heads off, looking to where the guests she arrived with have gotten off to. Can't be too far. Surely she can just stroll up to Mist, no problem, and pat him on the shoulder.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course. Mist is helping his mother with a few snacks, since many tasty treats require more than one bite, and plates can be hard without hands. So he's been holding the various fancy fruits that she has selected. He turns as Leah pats him, smiling like nothing's happened.
    "Hey again, Leah. Was there anything you wanted to do here specifically?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #97

"See the present guy, be the present-guy, see everyone gathered together in good cheer and harmony, bake cookies, you know, holiday stuff. I don't take a lot of time off from working in town and drills and manufacturing and counseling and everything else, you know."

"So if I just hang out with you all, that's fine."

She looks at the food. Shiny, but when you don't need to eat, and haven't for a long time, it's really not so tempting.

"Really, though. Would you have left Naku tangled in Thanksmas lights?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Candy Cane Cavalcade

"Look, I told you already, I'm not going back. I retired from VIGIL, I took care of all my loose ends, I left Sunny my old cave. There's no reason for me to go back, I don't want to go back, so just leave me alone and-" Halfway through his grumbling, Magtok realizes he's inadvertently stepped through a telewarp portal and walked right into the Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah festivities. Drat, he knew he should've double-checked the coordinates before trying to slip away from an argument like that.

Oh well, now that he's probably been spotted, might as well make the best of it. He can visit for Thanksmas, I guess. Just for Thanksmas, and then it's back to touring the multiverse. Yeah, that sounds reasonable enough. Let's just hope nobody freaks out and makes a big fuss about his return. Last thing he needs is someone trying to pressure him to stay, or get on his case about not leaving them enough in his will. He thought he was pretty generous with his belongings, all things considered, but he can imagine Riss and Sophia feeling a tad under-appreciated compared to Sunny's lion share of the loot, and that glitterbomb mailed to HALO and addressed to 'the Reinholdt clone who came up with the mooning idea' leaving a sour taste in a few mouths.

So yeah, long story short, the cyborg is back for Thanksmas. There's no way this will end well.
    Carrie turns away from noticing her dad/boss and now notices her not-boss-any-more-boss. She wa---she stops wav---no she decides to wave agaiiiiiahhhhh maybe not oh well she's started so she may as well finish waving.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "See the present guy, be the present-guy, see everyone gathered together in good cheer and harmony, bake cookies, you know, holiday stuff. I don't take a lot of time off from working in town and drills and manufacturing and counseling and everything else, you know."

"So if I just hang out with you all, that's fine."

She looks at the food. Shiny, but when you don't need to eat, and haven't for a long time, it's really not so tempting.

"Really, though. Would you have left Naku tangled in Thanksmas lights?"

Mist grins. "You wanna be Santa? I think you'd do fine.
    To answer your question: on a metaphorical level, no, and I see your point. But on a literal level, of course I would. I'm fairly sure Naku can turn into smoke or something with her vampire powers and I'd really be wasting my time with trying to help with that kind of physical problem."
    he says teasingly.

10. - Top - End - #100

Leah isn't good at hiding when she's upset. Sure, you can't see her eyes, but it's hard to mistake the set of her mouth and how her skin is flushed, burning angry, and the way she's shaking. And yet this time, she's sure she can't act. Can't do anything. Can't say anything, because it would all do too much damage.

But she surely can't stay here and take this. So without a word, she turns and sprints out of the party room out of the holiday village, out into the streets of wherever; she doesn't care; some foreign place where there are only strangers.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Leah might get reasonably far, at least, but not out completely before a certain reindeer blocks her path.
    "Miss, I don't know what you expect my son to know about you, but you have been dating him for over a year, as I understand it. You should know it by now that he's far too naive to willingly intend to insult you with words. And also that he knows next to nothing about your history. You should know that he gets sarcastic when he doesn't know what to say. I also know that this has happened before, as he has told me, nearly in tears. If you intend to stay with him, you need to talk to him when this happens. If you keep turning away when he upsets you, he'll never figure out what he's doing wrong. I don't care if your way of talking sense into him is slapping him upside the muzzle, but don't you keep leading him on like this." says the deer like, well, a stern parent.

12. - Top - End - #102

Well, she's not just going to let some reindeer block her way out.
    But she'll let this specific reindeer do so, with a sigh.
    "What does he think he-in tears? Really? Oh my. I'll go see to-thank you, sir."

She turns in place and heads back towards the other reindeer and fox.
    "Mist. Come with me, we need to talk."

It was really tempting to slap him upside the muzzle like his father suggested as an extreme end of acceptable means, but she decides it's not quite worth it.

"I'm not going to accept you being so disrespectful to my friends."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Anders returns to his wife with a rather satisfied look on his muzzle and goes back to nibbling walnuts.

Mist meanwhile is pulled aside without much protest. Though he does blush heavily, staring at the floor.
    "I-I'm sorry, Leah. I didn't realize you recognized him; I thought you were just embarrassed at it for some reason. And I was just trying to lighten the mood with that last one. I really am awful at doing that." he admits.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

[Axxie and Katrina]

The fox's tails really aren't that sensitive, and Katrina is distracted, so she doesn't notice Peyton at first. Not until he gets a hold of a few individual strands of fur and pulls them right out! She yips!

Hey!

She gives Peyton a look, and flicks her tail out of range, then turns back to the bartender

Bourbon, please!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

A spilled glass of ginger ale, a cookie that landed on its edge, and a mumbled statement about annoying carolers form the final components for an accidental summoning.
    In a cloud of vapor that smells like printer paper, a daemon of some sort emerges. She looks around, adjusting her glasses, and makes a rolling series of clicking noises.
    "... Oh." She sighs. "⨈̴͘o͜s͏̡é ̡͞♭͜͢ą̵ ̶͟µ̧̀a͠ź́͟u͢͏nz̡͢e❡̵͠⛎͢͝͠ ." Half those syllables aren't available to most human mouths. It's probably swearing.

Thanksmas now has an execuloth.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mr. Anders returns to his wife with a rather satisfied look on his muzzle and goes back to nibbling walnuts.

Mist meanwhile is pulled aside without much protest. Though he does blush heavily, staring at the floor.
    "I-I'm sorry, Leah. I didn't realize you recognized him; I thought you were just embarrassed at it for some reason. And I was just trying to lighten the mood with that last one. I really am awful at doing that." he admits.
    And here's Leah staring at the floor besides him, ears flattened down.
    "Didn't know Reinholdt? There's been nobody else with more impact on my life. Which I guess I never told you. I was embarrassed because, uh, well it's complicated. I thought you could just tell what was up. Sorry. I should tell you all about everything sometime, huh?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Snacking

Sam looks surprised for a moment, but recovers reasonably quickly, snagging a mug of cocoa and going to find a table. She's actually talking to him!
    "You can uh, call me Sam." he says when they find one, very sheepishly extending a three-fingered hand to her.
    Snacking and Sitting

"Alexia." The elf replies, reaching out to shake his hand gently. "Before we start, I do want to ask if you've seen another like me. Male, blue hair, somewhat gruff?" She asks as she sits down. "He likes carrying a rather large and blunt two-handed sword." She clarifies.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Snacking and Sitting

Sam shakes his head.
    "I'm sorry Alexia, but I haven't. I'll be sure to look for him and tell 'im you're looking for him if I do. Uh, unless that's not the sort of thing you'd want." he says nervously. So hard to tell in Skyside.

Mist & Leah

"You mentioned his name just once or twice. Sounds like a lot to tell though. Sounds like it's a date." Mist says quietly, with a smile.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-12-04 at 12:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Minstrel Corner

Candace smiles at Fade but otherwise ignores him. I don't suppose you'd accept a commission to do a portrait of my son later? I would very much like to have a baby picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Minstrel Corner]

"I do, actually. Or I could." Fade gets an irate look that will doubtless only confuse him, as Sebastian finally gets the folding stand sorted, stepping away sucking at a pinched finger. "I can't say it's my first job. More of a talent I've picked up, with a little magic behind it."
    Minstrel Corner

Fade doesn't seem to even care for beeing ignored, it's rather normal for him and on the other hand he got near no feelings to do so. Still he will stay and watch bastians works. Someone who can catch all this Thanksmas stuff is the best to get what it's all about. For now.

------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Through the magic of Thanksmas, whether he likes it or not, Dipsnig is once again here. But it's not like he's particularly conducive to Thanksmas cheer, and the real reason he's here is his wolves. Viima and Kullervo are now the progenitors of quite a large extended family, since their cubs took mates from among the wild wolves in the nearby wilderness. The two older wolves are staying near their very grumpy owner, while their youngest progeny is wandering around with ribbons wrapped around their necks.
    Somewhere else, the young Kitsune Mika arrives at the Festival grounds. today shes dressed in some warm pants and pullover and got a cap on her head with holes for her fox ears. Mika seems to be very happy and already caught the thanksmas sprit. As she jumps around smiling wide she hums some of the typical Thanksmas songs. On her way to Santas lap, she spots a roaming wolfs.
    "Thanksmas!" she says loud and heads over to the wolve and tries to hug him/her warm and friendly.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

While Santa Felandria waits for the next person, she looks around the festivities, she sees a kitty got caught in the tree, she sees......

Magtok?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Axxie and Katrina]

'Alright then-' the bartender says, only to get distracted by a penguin.

Peyton quickly waddles away from Katrina, then back to Axxie. Or at least, Axxie's chair - gentoo penguins are pretty short even compared to normal-sized humans, so Peyton barely reaches Axxie's knees.

Upon reaching its owner, Peyton drops the strands of fur at Axxie's feet, and lets out a honk.

'Heh, are you trying to build a nest? Sorry Katrina, penguins can get really curious.' Axxie picks the silly bird up and places it on her lap.

'Oh yea,' Axxie says to the bartender, 'a bowl of crushed ice Peyton please!'

'Okay! I shall get your drinks now.' He bows before leaving for another part of the bar. There, he crushes ice cubes with a blender, fills a small bowl with the ice, and slides it across the bar counter.

Immediately, Peyton dips its head inside the ice bowl and starts drinking. Or eating, depending on how one sees it.

Meanwhile, the bartender has opened up a small fridge and is taking out several eggs, a carton of milk, and other ingredients.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Carrie turns away from noticing her dad/boss and now notices her not-boss-any-more-boss. She wa---she stops wav---no she decides to wave agaiiiiiahhhhh maybe not oh well she's started so she may as well finish waving.
    Sophie turns to see what Carrie is waving at this time.

"I see Magtok decided to surprise us with a visit. If you're from HALO, it means you worked for him for a while, didn't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Somewhere else, the young Kitsune Mika arrives at the Festival grounds. today shes dressed in some warm pants and pullover and got a cap on her head with holes for her fox ears. Mika seems to be very happy and already caught the thanksmas sprit. As she jumps around smiling wide she hums some of the typical Thanksmas songs. On her way to Santas lap, she spots a roaming wolfs.
    "Thanksmas!" she says loud and heads over to the wolve and tries to hug him/her warm and friendly.
    The wolf, a young grandson of Viima and Kullervo, nuzzles Mika as she hugs him. Not exactly typical wolf behaviour, but it must be Thanksmas at work.

Meanwhile, Brinika and her posse of cousins are hanging around, and can be run into by anyone.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mika smells a bit like fox due to beeing a Kitsune. She gets down on her knees to pet the wolf.

"If I had a home for you, i would grab you and take you with me." Mika says. Then she notice the ribbon.
    "Oh!" she says shocked. "I'm sorry you already got a family and I guess they would be mad at me if I take you."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Snacking and Sitting

"Eh, it's alright. If you meet him, tell him his daughter's been by."
    She says as she takes a sip of her cider. "So what's been goin' on?" She asks, washing down the cider with a crunch of the candy cane. "This place needs better spirits. This stuff is terrible." She mutters to herself.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Mag waves back, even though he has no idea who the hell he's waving to. Was her name Kelly, maybe? Carnie? Carly? Something like that, I'm sure. She must've been one of those Gloogs or Hallos he never paid much attention to, and who never paid much attention to him in turn. The fox guy's sister or daughter in law or something, maybe. Reinholdt's here too, but in the spirit of the season, Magtok is politely pretending the cat doesn't exist, so no waving for him. Oh, and there's Felandria over there, being Santa. There probably isn't a single person here who wouldn't look like a tiny child when compared to that gigantic lap. He'd go over there and say hi, but she's clearly busy. Can't distract her from all of that gift-giving, and he can't exactly just go over there and sit in her lap with everyone watching, either. He can certainly wave to her from here without incident, though, so let's do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

26. - Top - End - #116

"Yeah. Not something to bring the whole holidays down with, eh?"
    Leah smiles and lets go of that whole 'pulling Mist aside' thing and heads over past the tree.

Here, Felandria Claus, done waiting. A pair of people are here wanting to believe in the fake magic of the holiday season.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-12-04 at 02:24 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Snacking and Sitting

Sam's expression droops as he's made to recount the whole thing.
    "I took a job so coated in business lingo I didn't even know what it was until they were handing me a murder weapon. Tried to force me to do it, botched it because they gave me something horrendously impractical instead of just a gun or a knife. It spat poison instead, and I lost an arm because of the splash. Then tell me I have to finish the job anyways, and that I owe 'em for years from the hospital bills.
    Some lady offered to replace my arm but needed some crazy things from me for it. Didn't trust someone asking for that sort of thing. In the end she gave me a gold piece and some weird paper mouth that stole things when I asked for its help. Didn't keep it.
    Got offered a job as a project participant after that, would come with a new body. Ended up just copying me, so there original crippled guy's still out there, though at least he's got a nice, safe place to sleep now. New Body was huge, so I asked them to downsize it, make it a little more practical. They responded by making me this. I didn't ask for anything after that."
    he says sadly.
    "Can you...tell me how bad it is? It seems pretty bad to me but I can't tell if it's because I'm not used to it or it really is that bad." he asks quietly.

The shape is reasonably well put together. He looks like an odd alien or somesuch, to be sure, but not some dis-proportioned mutant. Perhaps not pretty, but it isn't horrifying. Or at least shouldn't be to anyone in the Nexus for very long.

Mist & Leah

Mist's player isn't sure if Mist is let go or pulled, but either way follows closely next to Leah.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-12-04 at 02:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Yeah. Not something to bring the whole holidays down with, eh?"
    Leah smiles and lets go of that whole 'pulling Mist aside' thing and heads over past the tree.

Here, Felandria Claus, done waiting. A pair of people are here wanting to believe in the fake magic of the holiday season.
    Hi there!

What are your names?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Snacking and Sitting

"Pretty damned bad, really."
    Alexia says as she looks into her mug and shrugging. "I mean, they didn't even put any alcohol in here as best as I can tell." She adds with a smile as she tosses the empty cider mug behind her, not caring at all that it shatters. "You though? Not bad. I mean, the important part is that you are the one that's happy with it or not, right?" She points out as she looks him over. "If ya ain't happy, let's get ya fixed. If you are, we leave it. Either way, we ought to go kill the sons of bitches that cost you the arm and started this whole mess."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Snacking and Sitting

Sam motions "down" with his hands. All of them, since he isn't quite used to moving them separately yet.
    "Don't be too loud. Right now I look so different that they won't know it's me. I can't spoil what little element of surprise I have on 'em. And uh, I don't know how to use any weapons, really. I mean, I've shot a gun before, but I haven't really been trained. I'd get put full of holes before I could throw a punch.
    And I mean, to be honest? I'd rather be strong than starving like I was, even if it had to come with a gut. No offense, but given what's happened I'm not really trusting anyone promising to get me fixed that I haven't known more than a day."
    he adds apologetically.