New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC II

I really do like him, what does Restricted Q mean? Also I love the poker game idea, who would all be in that game I wonder.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    I really do like him, what does Restricted Q mean? Also I love the poker game idea, who would all be in that game I wonder.
    Celestia would, probably. Not so much Luna.

And Q is a character in Star Trek, played by John DeLancie (the voice of Discord).
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2015-12-17 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

I thought it was a reference to something.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

It was, to Q.

Q is basically Discord. He's cosmically powerful, though he does often restrain himself to minor pranks when around people.

Geordi La Forge: No, sir. Everything was normal, and then suddenly it's like the laws of physics went right out the window.
    [characteristic flash of Q appearing]
    Q: And why shouldn't they? They're so inconvenient.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

well originally it was just supposed to this edge-case crossover joke never to be mentioned again with a long list like:
    God-Emperor of Mankind, Ebon Dragon, the Deceiver, Tzeentch, Discord, Sheogorath, Cegorach, Genie, The Cosmere Deities, any other deities you care to name, super- AI's from The Culture, and probably many more things like that.

but I decided against it and just left the details vague as to who would be in it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't include Makai Gods versions of some of these, a few Gods of Destruction from one of the other twelve universes, hypothetical technological god-like being who empowers people like Gero to create super-tech way outside their eras, powerful spirits from dimensions that aren't the Spirit World of the Kais, and so on and so forth.

Restricted Q basically means that he might as well have the powers of Q or Discord, but are limited in ways that make it so that technically he can change less than the protagonists. the rules are basically designed so that when you wish from Lokote, something interesting happens no matter what and doesn't just straight solve your problems.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Question. Did Ryuichi transforming cause his ki to become a pony's ki?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

A message from Binky, folks:

"When do I get to join in this wild ride? I'm borrrrred! Don't you agree, FJ?"
    -rawr-

What she said. I want to join this game so much it's getting real hard to 'wait until the RA get their asses kicked'.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-12-17 at 06:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

I am also waiting, Ing can you hurry so we can get Hawk moving along?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

If you really want to join....just do the traditional pod crash landing one and someone will come to greet you. 23 might even send someone else to do it this time, since she can't do everything herself forever its still time before the threat comes and such, and I think Celestia will be understanding of the situation. especially since thats like, how half the people her joined up, she will witnessing recruitment in action!

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    If you really want to join....just do the traditional pod crash landing one and someone will come to greet you. 23 might even send someone else to do it this time, since she can't do everything herself forever its still time before the threat comes and such, and I think Celestia will be understanding of the situation. especially since thats like, how half the people her joined up, she will witnessing recruitment in action!
    Zoyl and Aspa could greet her, with Zoyl's going between they'd be there and back again in no time.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

Well, she's coming from the future, and not by pod. A 'warp in space-time'. Though, no harm in changing it to 'climbed into an escape pod, passed out and woke up in the past'. I'll go with that.

Please tell me I don't have to read the entire thread. Can I have a basic rundown of events so far?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm about to have Oxy head out to blow of some steam. He could run into her?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Again having your character try and talk to other pcs rather then your own is nice.

14. - Top - End - #374

The problem is, the other PCs aren't safe to confide in: Callins and Aspa act like their already everybody's mom and dad, and while on some level Oxy appreciates the idea of being thought of as family, he doen'st particularly want or need strictly defined family roles, particularly since Callins insisting on being everyone's dad has led to the butting of heads more than once.

He confided in 23 once... but she later threatened to tell what he confided to others and tried to use the knowledge of it to hurt him during an argument(or at least he percived it as such.) She's also demonstrated a lack of trust in him, and if she doen'st trust him, how can he trust her? And if he can't trust 23, he probably can't trust 22

Artic is...Oxy doesn't really know him much besides that he's the "tech guy"

Iris hardly strikes me as the kind to be good to talk with for therapy, and Starlight probably would not take well to the fact that Oxy ate someone alive once, since her species are sentient prey animals.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    He confided in 23 once... but she later threatened to tell what he confided to others and tried to use the knowledge of it to hurt him during an argument(or at least he percived it as such.) She's also demonstrated a lack of trust in him, and if she doen'st trust him, how can he trust her? And if he can't trust 23, he probably can't trust 22
    She considered doing that threat a mistake for the record, and the whole part about him basically smack-talking the gods and such is what is making her distrust him, because he seems to have a very reckless and cavalier attitude about them that she can see won't be making any friends with the Spirit World if that continues and she doesn't want that, because its not wise to tick off the guys who oversee reality.

so to her point of view, Oxyribo at times looks like a potential problem with the Spirit World itself, and given what she know of how he reacted to Callins trying to act as a father figure, she dreads to think of what problems he could drag himself and everyone else into when confronted with even higher legit authority figures they can't afford to tick off. So, if your wondering about why he isn't being trusted NOW, its the hole he dug for himself from 23's point of view.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-12-17 at 11:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376

Assuming he doesn't have a reason to be pissed off at a god, Oxy's reaction basically boils down to a flow chart:

Do they have an important Job, such as overseeing a planet and it's people?

Y: Are they doing their job? N: Don't give a damn unless they're friendly or hostile to group on own initiative. Done!

Y: Be polite. Done! N: Can they kill me?

Y: Be polite to their face but trash talk them and plot ways to get the killed/removed from power. Done! N: Point out that if he wanted to he could beat the ever loving **** out of them and he'd inevitably win the fight, so they'd better start doing their job before he decides they'd make a nice punching bag.

Threats of violence working?

Y: Done! No: Keep threatening. Vary with threats of reporting him to his superiors if possible.

Working?

Y:Done! No. If possible, report him to superiors, otherwise beat the crap out of him and see if that works.

Working?

Y: Done! No: If Reporting to superiors doen'st work, repeat tree with superiors+beat crap out of first god, not reported from impossibility, beat crap out of first god.

Work?

Y:Done! N: Keep healing and then beating crap out of until works. If superiors/other gods show up to stop, provided evidence that first god isn't doing their job.

I'm working under the assumption that most Shinjin, ogres, and Kamis do, in fact, do their jobs, so if encounters are had and Oxy done'st have a reason to be pissed at them, he'll try to be polite to them. See, Oxy apologizing for his intrusion after getting what he wanted from King Yemma(Trying to be polite is the key phrase here, he was raised to be a weapon, not a person. He doen'st know how to social much goodly)

It's only people like Yamakami and presumably Meals Kami-people who took responsibility for the well being of a planet and it's people and then don't even try to actually take care of the planet and it's people that set Oxy off.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Well then, do you want to plan to someday roleplay out getting that straightened out, or do you want to continue their drama of whether 23 can trust him or not? I'm fine with it either way.

18. - Top - End - #378

Can we contrive a situation where Oxy and 23 will be in a place with a god who actually does their job, has an important job, and ins't already friends with them?

Another thing: Oxty knows the diferances between Mortals and gods. It's not that gods are more poweful, because given mortals can exceed the power of a given god. It's not that gods are immortal, becuase they can and do die-of natural causes even. Even Kaioshin who live for millions of years have finite lifespans(Elder Kai mentions having just a few thousand years of life left when he sacrifices his life to rez Goku.)

It's not an innate quality, because mortals can become gods(see, all of the Kami. And the Super Saiyan God. And gods know what else.)

It's ki. Gods have special ki that can normally only be sensed by other gods(And according to Dende in super, a gods Ki feels different than a mortals ki.)

Oxy doen'st really think that's anything special and automatically deserving of reverence: Thus, it comes down to the authority of the deity and the deities own merit.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Rater202: there's a really obvious thing in that flowchart which makes assessment of Oxy as "problem to/with the Spirit World" completely correct: the idea that Oxy's a good judge on whether gods are doing their jobs.

This was already confirmed by Agent Initial's worries of Oxy going off on a tangent if Sun Kai was moved to another solar system. Oxy asked Sunny to break his duties. Sunny explicitly told him that. It is and was perfectly within jobs and responsibilities of other gods to penalize Sunny. Yet apparently, Oxy would not have been okay with that.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, since she's from the future, the Doctor's equipment could go off, detecting the rip in space-time and he could go to investigate?

I'm about to have Oxy head out to blow of some steam. He could run into her?
    You're not going to let Celestia meet him?

Starlight probably would not take well to the fact that Oxy ate someone alive once, since her species are sentient prey animals.
    You'd be surprised. Don't forget, she's part of what is basically Equestria's secret police. She's had dealings with the gryphons, amongst other carnivorous sapients.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Question. Did Ryuichi transforming cause his ki to become a pony's ki?
    Repeating this cause I need an answer before I can proceed.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Can we contrive a situation where Oxy and 23 will be in a place with a god who actually does their job, has an important job, and ins't already friends with them?
    Hm. I don't know, Planet Plant doesn't seem to be a very spiritual planet and might've outgrown the need for a kami, given the Tuffles attitude towards faith, and is probably cavalier's place anyways. I don't know how small a god can get before they're unimportant to Oxy's definition, so depending on how we define "important" that can mean anything from gods who might have all sorts of jobs right on Earth. I guess its possible that the Sun Kai of Plant might still be there and doing his job and might have to constantly monitor ships coming in and therefore has different, busier duties than Earth Sun Kai, who gets to be laid back because he doesn't have to deal with that? But I don't see why we would go to him for anything.

I guess there is probably some god on Talsaiga if we ever go there, buts sometime after Planet Plant, so very far relatively speaking.

so *shrug* depends on his definition of "important job".

22. - Top - End - #382

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Rater202: there's a really obvious thing in that flowchart which makes assessment of Oxy as "problem to/with the Spirit World" completely correct: the idea that Oxy's a good judge on whether gods are doing their jobs.

This was already confirmed by Agent Initial's worries of Oxy going off on a tangent if Sun Kai was moved to another solar system. Oxy asked Sunny to break his duties. Sunny explicitly told him that. It is and was perfectly within jobs and responsibilities of other gods to penalize Sunny. Yet apparently, Oxy would not have been okay with that.
    That's unrelated to the flow chart.

The problem wasn't "Oxy wouldn't be okay with that."

The problem was "If Sunny got demoted for doing Oxy a solid, Oxy would feel guilty and try to make it up by trying to get Sunny his job back."

Which coupled with the fact that Oxy has no social skills would quickly lead to Oxy having a reason to be pissed off at the gods in question, which would end poorly.

Also, this throught didnt occur to me at the time, but does it actually say in the Sun Kai job description that they can't let mortals in? Nobody really gives King Kai flack for letting Goku use his place as a training spot/midway point for intergalactic jumps in canon, so is letting mortal in even a crime? I've been assuming it's just "they're not meant to be here, but there's no laws against it."

And This occurs to me as I'm writing this, but Oxy has shin-jin DNA, can sense godly ki, and has a little bit of god ki himself.

Even if there's a rule against letting mortals into otherworld, Oxy's technically a Demi-god. Any rules against letting them in?
    You're not going to let Celestia meet him?
    He'll be back. He's just gonna kamehameha the ocean a few times to calm himself down.

so *shrug* depends on his definition of "important job".
    A minor clerk who is one of a hundred others like him isn't important unless he makes a mistake or spots a problem: Unless he goes out of his way to be friendly to the PCs or hostile to them, Oxy really won't care one way or the other.

Beyond that, it really depends on the situation: A God who is, legally or not, the God of say, a city, has responsibilities to the safety and happiness of the citizens of his city. If he's a petty tyrant, he's not doing his job. If he's as much a servant as a ruler, protecting his people, tending to them, and offering wisdom, then he is doing his job.

If he's not a ruler at all, but merely a guardian and servant then he's doing his job.

If he advises the ruler of the city on how to run it t best ensure the safety and prosperity of the people, he's doing his job.

It's about fulfilling the responsibilities the god has as a result of their position.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-12-18 at 01:03 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

The problem is, the other PCs aren't safe to confide in: Callins and Aspa act like their already everybody's mom and dad, and while on some level Oxy appreciates the idea of being thought of as family, he doen'st particularly want or need strictly defined family roles, particularly since Callins insisting on being everyone's dad has led to the butting of heads more than once.

Artic is...Oxy doesn't really know him much besides that he's the "tech guy"

Iris hardly strikes me as the kind to be good to talk with for therapy, and Starlight probably would not take well to the fact that Oxy ate someone alive once, since her species are sentient prey animals.
    I am really not caring for all your characters are not interacting as much as they should. They fight and that is it. Yes this is db but it is also an rp so allow us to freak in role play.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, hey, what does Celestia know about Que and Zoyl's species? I need to know if she would know about their shapeshifting abilities.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #385

I am really not caring for all your characters are not interacting as much as they should. They fight and that is it. Yes this is db but it is also an rp so allow us to freak in role play.
    Does it seem like they're not interacting enough to anyone else?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Does it seem like they're not interacting enough to anyone else?
    Yes. /10characterstomakesureitslongenough

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, hey, what does Celestia know about Que and Zoyl's species? I need to know if she would know about their shapeshifting abilities.
    Yes she would Western and eastern shapeshift more easily then southern and northern.

28. - Top - End - #388

Yes. /10characterstomakesureitslongenough
    Well, Poka is still at the thing and there's time for someone to go after Oxy or shake Ieez out of his meditations.

Ieez doesn't even know anyone's here yet-he can't sense energy at all.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

*still annoyed*
    Ieez can hear Rater he would know people are there. He is medataiing not sleeping. As for oxy again you put him away so no one can do with him. Honesty when ever we have tried in the past it was not worth it. It has never been worth since you made all of them so secluded.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, they never seem to really interact with anyone else outside of strictly need-to situations. a big part of roleplaying is that your characters can't just be idle in the corner, not for long. a guy who expects others to initiate the first move is going to wind up pretty lonely because no one knows how to react to a guy who is basically doing nothing.

to us, your characters aren't actually doing anything, they're just being idle and might as well not be there. heck, since when was the last time Ieez actually DID something? that actually mattered?