RangerGuy

Default Re: Quotes you can build a character off of III: It's a crowd

"Don't be ridiculous!"
    "Aww, but I'm so good at it!"

- 2:55 of this show.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

"Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain. Cut well, old friend, and then farewell." - Sir Orin Neville Smythe, The Flight of Dragons

I think this is a good one for a paladin
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight, let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, green lantern's light.
    -green lantern oath, pretty good for a paladin I'd say.

Never before was so much owed by so many, to so few
    -Winston Churchill

Sir, I'd like to report for disciplinary action, I take full responsibility for the failure.
    Failure? This was an amazing success, they're putting you up for a medal!
    -Colonel Doolittle being informed by his superiors after returning home that his mission was a success. (Up until he stepped off the plane that brought him home from china he believed that the raid had been a failure and that he would be court marshaled. instead he was awarded the congressional medal of honor)

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eru001 View Post
    In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight, let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, green lantern's light.
    -green lantern oath, pretty good for a paladin I'd say.
    Good enough for me, I'm using it
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    A character who is very much for freedom and against possessiveness in relationships. Might have been hurt in the past, such as from being 'possessed' by an overly attached girl/boyfriend. Or maybe just read one too many romance novels.

Such a character could go the other extreme, and refuse to take any action or put in any amount of effort towards relationships, in the mistaken belief that a 'real' relationship will work out magically for them.
    OK, maybe I should clarify. Any quote can be turned into a character but some quotes lend themselves more naturally to it. I'm not sure what it is, and it could very well depend on the reader. Maybe it is something impossible to quantify or even describe meaningfully.

In the end it probably doesn't matter, I'm going to keep on posting quotes that my instinct tells me are good even if I can't wrap my head around the meta-theory as to why they are good. Speaking of which:

Spoiler: "What's this say?" "Nothing that'll stop you." "Now ye're thinkin' proper!" "Oh, What joy."
    Show
    -Widdershins

I actually like the exasperated one here. A more morale character (compared to the other party members) yet one who understands sometimes the bad stuff just has to happen. Not that they are happy about that.
    Spoiler: "Which is this?" "Blue." "I think I like blue."
    Show
    -Widdershins

It doesn't have to be colour, but I like the idea of characters who (even if only once) can express wonder at extremely ordinary things.

Here is another one that sprung to mind:
    "Why is my hand bigger than the trees?" -Amya Chronicles
    Spoiler: "He once build a teleporter together using only 2 paper clips and a cheese pita. He got his law degree over a lunch break."
    Show
    -atomic laundromat

Keep or toss the bit about the law degree, making gadgets that easily could be your entire power-source for a character and it would still be a strong character.
    Spoiler: "Yeah, Wolfe's got 'im over-" "OH NO HE ESCAPED" "... Damn yer bleedin' 'eart Wolfe."
    Show
    -Jonathan Tronba (a commenter)

Some people just can't hold a grudge. Maybe they are naive or maybe they just are that kind.
    Spoiler: "Perhaps I will contemplate this when fewer things with us dead."
    Show
    -Widdershins

In other words: stay focused. Some times you just got to keep people on track to saving the world. I sympathize with that.
    Spoiler: "I commend my soul to any god who can find it."
    Show
    -Nonesuch (a commenter)

I think it was a quote from somewhere else. I can't quite put my finger on this one but this character's last act was to issue a challenge to the gods. (Or that's my reading.) I'm not sure what that says but it says it strongly.
    Spoiler: "Y'Stole t'mark of thieves?!" "Not on purpose!" "Not on..?" "Oh and I think this is your jewelery, sorry!"
    Show
    -Widdershins

Kleptomaniac to the point it is an accidental reflect. Might be a good explanation for a more innocent rogue character.
    Spoiler: "My super-power is being awesome!"
    Show
    This made me want to make a Mutantants and Masterminds character who has power descriptor: awesomeness on all their moves. That might get old fast but if you could pull it off I have no doubt it would be awesome.

Relevant: "He was so deadly in fact, that his enemies would go blind from overexposure to pure awesomeness." - Kung Fu Panda
    Spoiler: "Show yourself, where I come from we face our opponents and if the are unarmed we offer them a sword."
    Show
    ~Warrior Within

There is actually two parts of this, the first part where they demand to be fought fairly, which shows some condensation and anger, and the second where they layout their standards, which shows they have them. Someone who has high standards both for themselves and for others, and does not think well of those who do not meet them.
    Spoiler: "At least you're professionally stupid!"
    Show
    -Widdershins

Family and friends of adventurers.
    Spoiler: "Yeah, my last science fair project gained sentience and tried to take over the world. I thought I would skip this year."
    Show
    A young mad scientist except for the fact that they actually seem to display some common sense or restraint.

Can you be sane and still be a mad scientist? I mean that is defiantly some mad science results there. A sane practitioner of mad science?
    Spoiler: "Dispense not wrath, but justice. Let not your fire be not with anger, but cold with necessity. Let your head rule, and listen to your heart with due measure."
    Show
    -Jeff Eppenbach (a commenter)

A more controlled avenger. Or a really intense & philosophic police officer.
    Spoiler: "Capability isn't my problem. Combat ability is."
    Show
    -Between Failures

Which is funny because an excess of combat ability (because the character is capable) is not usually an issue in an RPG. However in some situations resorting to it too soon or too frequently can be a problem and I think that is what this speaks to.
    Spoiler: "Dammit, don't you knock? What if I was naked?" "Why the hell, would you be naked?" "I dunno. Strip Scrabble?" "Ew!"
    Show
    -El Goonish Shive

I have no idea, but I'm sure someone could think of something. It is very... distinct.
    Spoiler: "Area 51 fact sheets!" "Forget you ever saw that!!" "No way! Those are so going online later!"
    Show
    -El Goonish Shive

Besides the "lets poke it with a stick" attitude there is just this implication that some just left the Area 51 fact sheets lying around. I smell a quest coming.
    In other news, I think I may limit myself to say a half-dozen per post from now on. This is a lot.

But I have one more still, this one I would like to pitch and see what others come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave New World (paraphrased)
    "I claim the right to be human."
    "So you are essentially claiming the right to feel pain. The right to be unhappy. The right to fail, to be sick, to grow old. The right to die."
    "I claim them all."
    "You are welcome to them."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cluedrew View Post
    OK, maybe I should clarify. Any quote can be turned into a character but some quotes lend themselves more naturally to it. I'm not sure what it is, and it could very well depend on the reader. Maybe it is something impossible to quantify or even describe meaningfully.
    Really? Then turn this into a character

"Hello"

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post

"Hello"
    Dee dee is that you?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

"Hello"
    I can think of many characters, depending on the intonation of "Hello".

"Hel-looooooo!"-sing-song trilling voice, perhaps a bard
    "Hello...."-forlorn speaker, kind of sad
    "Hello?"-curious, constantly exploring type.
    "HELLO!"-boisterous, tough rowdy type of person with no indoor voice
    "Hello!"-cheery chipper kind of person, always looking on the bright side of life
    ".....Hello."-nervous person meeting something they didn't expect, or somebody being cautious
    "Hell-O (Devil)"-a comedian fond of puns meeting a devil.

there six of them. all from "hello".
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

"Hello"
    The mysterious stranger who arrives in town. Except no fan-fair, no dramatic entrance they just appear and say "Hello". That for some reason that popped into the moment I read that.

Am I filling in a lot of details and making a lot of new information yes. But you can still make a character from it.

Another one, a little bit longer also pitching this one.
    "I have pored everything I have into this fight. Hours of training, hours every week for the past 5 years. I have trained until my hands bled, wrapped them up and continued. I throw out I don't even know how many opportunities for my future because they were all stale and dead to me. This is my life, and I am willing to be it on this. AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, if that still isn't enough, let me die."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Bugbear in the Playground

Great one from Bruce Lee that I think would make an excellent character.

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

I really like this as a cleric/paladin of most any alignment. Depending on how you say it it could be good, evil, or neutral. You can sneeringly say it to a defeated foe as they beg for mercy as an LE character, morosely deliver it while passing sentance as a LN, or kindly mention to a child as a NG cleric. Great man, great quotes.

I also once made a druid that spoke only in Koans or Koan-like statements, was kind of a pain but got me to reading a lot of eastern philosophy. After nicely criting and eviseration something "I have never sharpened my knife." was a particular favorite, but my DM was a big fan of the Tao so it went over masterfully.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

The mysterious stranger who arrives in town. Except no fan-fair, no dramatic entrance they just appear and say "Hello". That for some reason that popped into the moment I read that.

Am I filling in a lot of details and making a lot of new information yes. But you can still make a character from it.

Another one, a little bit longer also pitching this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I can think of many characters, depending on the intonation of "Hello".

"Hel-looooooo!"-sing-song trilling voice, perhaps a bard
    "Hello...."-forlorn speaker, kind of sad
    "Hello?"-curious, constantly exploring type.
    "HELLO!"-boisterous, tough rowdy type of person with no indoor voice
    "Hello!"-cheery chipper kind of person, always looking on the bright side of life
    ".....Hello."-nervous person meeting something they didn't expect, or somebody being cautious
    "Hell-O (Devil)"-a comedian fond of puns meeting a devil.

there six of them. all from "hello".
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Dee dee is that you?
    Giant in the Playground, the only place on the internet where a joke challenge is actually taken.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Giant in the Playground, the only place on the internet where a joke challenge is actually taken.
    Heh. The internet has a habit of doing that, I find.

On another forum, I told a poster (in an argument over a thread idea) that a good writer could make a bucket of paint interesting. He told me I was full of s#@$.

I wrote a story about a bucket of paint.

He conceded, which was the only time I had ever seen that poster concede anything.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #343
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"The world could always use more heroes."
    -Tracer, Overwatch

"I have received orders which I must obey. Would you please let me in?"
    "You can't come in! I can call the guards!"
    "Believe me sir, that will only make it easier for me to obey."
    "... alright, fine. You may enter."
    -Corporal Carrot and Dr. Whiteface (paraphrased), Men at Arms

"Colon had seen men bluff with a bad hand before, but he had never seen someone bluff with no cards."
    -Narration, Men at Arms, a reaction to the above

Spoiler: Context!
    Show
    Carrot's orders were to walk away.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."
    -Sir Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
    -Samuel Vimes, Night Watch

"He created me. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who Watches the Watchmen?? Me. I watch him. Always."
    -The Guarding Dark, Thud!

"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!" you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the only really arrow-proof helmet!"
    -Rincewind, Interesting Times

"They fight, they fall, and they cannot turn back because the whips drive them on, and all they know is whips, kill or be killed. Darkness in front of them, darkness behind them, darkness and whips in their heads. But what if you could take one out of this game, get him before the whips do, take him to a place without whips-what might he become? One creature. One singular being. Would you deny them that chance?"
    -Nutt, Unseen Academicals

"Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough."
    -Nutt, Unseen Academicals

“Do not act incautiously when confronting a little bald wrinkly smiling man!”
    -Rule one of the Time Monks, Thief of Time

"Steal five dollars and you were a petty thief. Steal thousands of dollars and you were either a government or a hero."
    -Narration, Going Postal

"‘What is sticking in your foot is a Mitzy “Pretty Lucretia” four-inch heel, the most dangerous footwear in the world. Considered as pounds per square inch, it’s like being trodden on by a very pointy elephant. Now, I know what you’re thinking: you’re thinking, “Could she press it all the way through to the floor?” And, you know, I’m not sure about that myself. The sole of your boot might give me a bit of trouble, but nothing else will. But that’s not the worrying part. The worrying part is that I was forced practically at knifepoint to take ballet lessons as a child, which means I can kick like a mule; you are sitting in front of me; and I have another shoe."
    -Adora Belle Dearheart, Going Postal

"I’ll kill you, Mr. Gilt. I’ll kill you in our special way, the way of the weasel and cheat and liar. I’ll take away everything but your life. I’ll take away your money, your reputation, and your friends. I’ll spin words around you until you’re cocooned in them. I’ll leave you nothing, not even hope…"
    -Moist Von Lipwig, Going Postal

And lastly, one of my favorites, from an unlikely source.

"You speak blasphemy!"
    "Fluently."
    -Numbah One, Kids Next Door
    Punster, straight as an aro, collector of hats.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world" -G Man, Half Life

15. - Top - End - #345
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

You and I may not live to see the day, and our names may be forgotten, but thanks to this knowledge of how it is spread, there will come a time when no more shall die of cholera.
    -Dr. John Snow. (not the guy from game of thrones, the guy who founded the science of epidemiology, and proved the existence of waterborne diseases, and caused the creation of modern sewer systems.)

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

"I drank what?" - Socrates

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: "So I should blame Tedd?" "It's standard procedure."
    Show
    -El Goonish Shive

The trouble maker. Of course why is Tedd still around if he causes so much trouble? Can they not get rid of him (not recommended for PCs), or perhaps it is just a joke? Is it the innocent sort of trouble that everyone grown about but isn't really a problem? The list goes on...
    Spoiler: "What's wrong with me floating? [...] I don't think physics teachers like me..."
    Show
    -El Goonish Shive

Casual super-powers in a world where that sort of things is not generally accepted. I'm just violating the rules that underlie all of modern science, don't mind me. (But you might want to start looking for a new set of laws.)
    Spoiler: "You think fast on your feet!" "Actually, I just went with my gut. I'm just lucky I can rationalize it."
    Show
    -El Goonish Shive

I got this not because it leads to an interesting character on its own, but because I'm pretty sure this is how most people thing most of the time. Or maybe you can make a character off the idea of act quickly, double check carefully later.
    Spoiler: "You are such a bastard." "A magnificent one."
    Show
    -Between Failures

Originally it meant something else, but just looking at the words I would say the type of villain you can't help but liking. But maybe a more interesting way to look at it is someone who does the things that people don't like, but managed to create outcomes they are happy about from them.
    "No, I sold my soul to angels. The devil only got my body."
    Another one for the general community.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

"Missed... me... MISSED ME, YOU SADISTIC BASTARDS! Do you hear me out there?! You've made the wrong enemy today! We'll keep coming, and coming, until you're history! That's a promise from me to you! DO YOU HEAR ME?! Do you... hear?"
    Spoiler: Context
    Show
    After discovering there is alien life in the universe and that two of the largest empires in existence are likely to destroy earth if they don't pick a side, humanity sends out a diplomatic envoy ship. This ship, immediately upon finding the aliens, is blasted by four shots in rapid succession (the first of which split the ship in half and basically doomed everybody). They never had a chance.

The quoted character survives, and slowly runs out of air. The quote comes after several failed attempts at distress calls and reciting old earth songs, and he's run out of air entirely.

Rage against the dying of the light, indeed.

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

To HalfTangible: Are the aliens psychic elves? I think I read it. Struck me as a bit of a wish fulfilment story.

Spoiler: "My body is my art & I am sculptor."
    Show
    A body builder as that is what effects the body's shape. Possibly also a fighter or fashionable type, depending on where you want to go with it.
    Spoiler: "You always have another choice." "But sometimes it is even worse."
    Show
    Either a cynic or someone who is quite willing to make hard choices if the situation calls for it. Someone that when presented with two evils with pick the lesser evil without quam or hesitation. (Here evil just means a bad choice.)
    Spoiler: "I like to look my enemy in the eyes when I kill them... through the lens of a high powered sniper rifle from two towns over."
    Show
    -(Can't remember, it was defiantly said to me but I forget by who or if they made it or not.)

Sniper who either revels in the long shot or is trying to maintain that they are still more a part of the action than someone up the chain of command. Swap out divination or super human sight as appropriate.
    Spoiler: "There's only two ways to do things: May ways... and all the ways we aren't doing them."
    Show
    -Between Failures

This one is actually not a great attitude to have in a community centered activity like role playing. But you could use it for an superior NPC or just a cool quote for when someone puts their foot down.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

To HalfTangible: Are the aliens psychic elves? I think I read it. Struck me as a bit of a wish fulfilment story.
    Yup. Outsider.

*shrug* I don't get that impression, but I see where you're coming from.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

These quotes are taken from Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series. They are technically very, very minor spoilers. They are also great for Paladins or other Lawful Good types.
    Spoiler
    Show
    “ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. ”
    –The First Ideal of the Windrunners

“ I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”
    –The Second Ideal of the Windrunners

“ I will protect even those I hate so long as it is right. ”
    –The Third Ideal of the Windrunners
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    These quotes are taken from Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series. They are technically very, very minor spoilers. They are also great for Paladins or other Lawful Good types.
    Spoiler
    Show
    “ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. ”
    –The First Ideal of the Windrunners

“ I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”
    –The Second Ideal of the Windrunners

“ I will protect even those I hate so long as it is right. ”
    –The Third Ideal of the Windrunners
    I like these ideals of the windrunners. But then again, this is a paladin you're talking to. You might want to find a fighter or something like that for less bias

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hope and pray that you never need me but rest assured I will not let you down. I'll walk beside you though you may not see me, the strongest among you shall not wear a crown. On, That, Day, when you need your brothers and sisters to care, I will be there. On, That, Day, when you don't have the strength for the burden you bear, I will be there. Citizen Soldiers holding the line for the ones that we guide through the dark of despair. Standing on guard for the ones that we shelter we'll always be ready because we will always be there.

-Citizen Soldier (National Guard recruitment song by 3 Doors Down)

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the armies of the North, General of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true Emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." - Maximus, Gladiator

26. - Top - End - #356

Imp

In critical moments even the very powerful have need of the weakest.
    -Aesop

Most men are within a finger's breadth of being mad.
    -Diogenes

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

"Give me 5, maybe ten minutes to put together something random and I'll wing it"

~me 10 minutes before this happened
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

28. - Top - End - #358

d20 Re: Quotes you can build a character off of III: It's a crowd

I actually can't recall if I posted this one already, and honestly I'm too lazy to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Creatures
    "This is insane! It's stupid!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley Bone
    "Hey! Nothing we've done so far has been un-stupid, and we're still alive aren't we?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Creature
    "I can't really argue with that, but I feel like I should."
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley Bone
    "Carry on, Fone Bone! Make a stupid decision!"
    Bone

…also is it too early to (partially) quote ol' Pooky?
    "No more spears. No more swords. No more slings. You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike god!"
    X-Men: Apocalypse

"Hey, kid, you did quite well… It looks like you may be gaining some slight skill… But you have defeated only my phantom… When you fight the real me, it won’t be so easy! What a worthless creation that ghost was! I will banish it to the gap between both dimensions!!"
    — Ganondorf, Ocarina of Time
    "Well excuuuuuuse me, Princess!"
    — Link, The Legend of Zelda Animated Series
    3e5e : Quintessa's Dweomerdrain (Drain power from a magic item to fuel your spells)
    3e │ 5e : Quintessa's Dweomershield (Protect target from the full effects of a magic item)
    3e │ 5e : Hordling Generator (Edit "cr=" in the address bar to adjust the Challenge Rating)
    3e │ 5e : Battle Sorcerer Tables (For Unearthed Arcana)

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Oh, this is an awesome thread. Let me toss a few ideas into the pile...

Quote Originally Posted by ASoIaF, on Asha Greyjoy
    "I shall die as I lived, with a sword in my hands and a laugh on my lips."

"Hard-headed and hard-hearted."
    Quote Originally Posted by My platoon sergeant and my friend
    "You're the reason we have fire departments!"
    "No, FIRE is the reason we have fire departments. I just...put it places."
    For some reason, I love the idea of a mage trainee with pyromaniacal tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "Never think that I am peaceful because I have forgotten how to be violent."
    A character who eschews violence, despite being very good at it.

"Divine intervention? I AM divine intervention!"
    Perfect for a headstrong paladin or cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Paratroopers' Standing Orders
    "Follow the sound of the guns and kill anyone not dressed like you!"
    A variant on Rommel's famous command, "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." I imagine a scout or reaver NPC following this philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red X, Teen Titans
    [after attacking both heroes and villains alike] "Whose side are you on?!"
    "MINE!"
    I always think of a renegade anti-hero, someone who may work with the PCs at times and other times against them, but always with a different agenda than anyone else on the field.

"You haven't angered any gods, only me. But you may find that hard to believe in a minute."
    I originally wrote this for a bomber pilot in a sci-fi setting, but this could be adapted for an evoker in particular.

"I've had worse done to me by better!"
    Pure defiance in the face of overwhelming odds, plain and simple.

"Outnumbered? You mean 'target-rich environment'."
    Similar to Patton's famous, "They have us surrounded on all sides. They can't escape now!" This is a character who jumps headfirst into a trap because he knows that's where he'll find the enemy.

30. - Top - End - #360

Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    He is my loving God and my fortress,
    my stronghold and my deliverer,
    my shield, in whom I take refuge,
    who subdues peoples under me.
    Psalm 144, verse 1 and 2.

Paladin, cleric, or conquering king
    Last edited by sengmeng; 2016-06-09 at 11:20 AM.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.