Player Character Class Race
    Irish Musician Rianna Thunderhammer Cleric Dwarf
    UrsusArctos Pasier Fighter 1/Rogue 19 High Elf
    daze413 Helm Danravan Paladin 3/Fighter 17 Aasimar
    Zman Ian Fighter 6/Sorcerer 12/Warlock 2 Half-Elf

NOT IN PARTY
    Player Character Class Race
    DM Retnas Fighter 1/Warlock 19 Dragonborn

2 weeks ago, you received a message. You don't know who the sender is, but the letter is signed with the name 'Retnas'.

Retnas, or whatever this person's name may be, says that he is a Dragonborn Warlock who desperately needs your help. Near his home, a dark cavern recently appeared. Retnas claims to know nothing about this cavern, but the elders of his village have sensed a dark presence emanating from the cave, that they identify as being so powerful it must be Tiamat. Tiamat seems to be imprisoned in the cavern, but her power is increasing, and Retnas fears that she will rise again, plunging the world into darkness. That's why he has called you, as some of the most powerful adventurers in the land, to come and help him.

Today, you have reached the tavern that the sender specified as the meeting place. There are four of you there, all of which you find out have been contacted by this Retnas. What do you do as you wait for your contact to appear?
    Last edited by GanonBoar; 2015-12-10 at 03:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Overpowered

Greetings, the Rock says to the other adventurers gathered. I have no name, but am known as The Rock.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Helm Danravan

Helm didn't get this strong or this old by answering summons from random Dragonborn Warlocks but he saw the need, and it was time to give back to the world, he rationalized. It is also as good an opportunity as any to finally die in glorious battle.

Swooping down on his Griffon, Helm alights near the caverna and upon seeing others, he eyes them intently, gauging their relative powers to his. They looked adequate and no one seemed to be of ill-repute.

"Greetings also, Rock." he says after dismounting on his griffon and nodding his head. "Helm Danravan, Right-hand of Kord, it is a pleasure to meet you." At this, he sets to work, closing his eyes and tapping the divine energy in him, trying to divine the presence of Fey or Fiends.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    using Divine Sense 5/6 left.
    Last edited by daze413; 2015-12-08 at 05:19 PM.
    DMing:
    Shadoweagle's Fields of Flesh [5e] - IC - OOC - MAP

4. - Top - End - #4

Pasier stepped from the shadows, having hidden himself beforehand, and bowed before speaking in an elegant voice.

"You have likely never heard of me, but of my exploits instead. I am Pasier, a wealth redistributor, as I like to call it. I steal from the rich and give to the poor in a great variety of cities, and am known by many names. Greetings to you, Sir Rock and to you, Sir Danravan."

Tiamat was a goddess of greed, and Pasier despised the wealthy. A dragon always has a sizable hoard, and a dragon god? Even more. By taking wealth from this dungeon, Pasier would be able to build another orphanage, or something of the sort.
    Currently Playing:
    Qianal Ai the Dragonborn Paladin/Barbarian in Sentinels of Houshen

Doderic Took the Halfling Kensei in Falling Stars

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ian

Casually and fasionably late Ian enters and confidently proclaims with a smile and smirk, "Have no fear, for I am here.". Ian gives a slight now, "Ian, Spellsword of Legend, most assuredly not at your service."
    Last edited by Zman; 2015-12-08 at 10:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

The Rock rolls his eyes at the overdramatic entrance of Ian.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Ian

Noticing the eye roll, "Olease to meet you pebble.". Ian adds a little wink.

8. - Top - End - #8

Griffon

Helm Danravan

"I think he said Rock."
    Helm corrected Ian.

"So, we are waiting for this Retnas person." Helm says, changing the topic. He likened the situation to an awkward meet-up of strangers, who have no idea what to say to each other.
    DMing:

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Ian

Noticing the eye roll, "Olease to meet you pebble.". Ian adds a little wink.
    Rock stands up, hand on the hilt of his blade. I suggest you amend your words.

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Griffon

Helm Danravan

Helm buries his face in his palm, massaging the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index finger but saying nothing of the argument, he hoped at least one of them would be mature enough to quell the situation.
    DMing:

11. - Top - End - #11

A fight looked like it was about to break out, and Pasier wouldn't have any part of that. He stepped back into the shadows, and pulled his elven cloak over his shoulders.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    Pasier has advantage, onlookers have disadvantage on their perception checks.

(1d20+13)[16]
    (1d20+13)[29]
    Currently Playing:
    Qianal Ai the Dragonborn Paladin/Barbarian in Sentinels of Houshen

Doderic Took the Halfling Kensei in Falling Stars

12. - Top - End - #12

Ian

Ian responds dismissively, as if Pebble's indignation was of no consequence, "I'll do no such thing, always looking forward, never dwelling on the past."

As the other disappears into the shadows Ian conjures light in his hand dispelling all the nearby shadows.

13. - Top - End - #13

One more chance, little man-or I take offense. The Rock says, his warhammer drawn slightly.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Griffon

Helm Danravan

"Then take offense, Rock. This is no reason to draw blades." Helm says as he takes his hand off his face and crosses his arms. "Or do you really fight anything that throws you a minor insult?" he added.
    DMing:

15. - Top - End - #15

I brook no insult. I spent too many years a slave to tolerate injustices now, even minor ones. So by all means, he says, fully drawing his warhammer. Let's dance.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Griffon

Helm Danravan

"Tch," Helm snort derisively. "Then prepare to beat every bard in the world to a bloody pulp." he applies The Rock's logic to a grander scale. "Actually, that doesn't sound bad at all." he adds.
    DMing:

17. - Top - End - #17

Ian

Ian is again dismissive, almost bored by the tantrum, "Oh, you think I've insulted you, how quaint. I'm merely treating you with the respect you've earned from me. You'd think that someone who calls themselves Rock would have thicker skin."

18. - Top - End - #18

The Rock decides that enough is enough and steps forward, striking down with his warhammer.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+16)[25]
    (1d8+10)[11]

(1d20+16)[25]
    (1d8+10)[14]

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

Suddenly, the door opens. You see a scaly figure in the doorway. It steps into the light, and you see a Dragonborn with Red skin standing before you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retnas smiles as he sees the four adventurers he had invited. He sees, however, that the one called The Rock and Ian seem to be at edge.
    'Now, now, there's no need for that. You're here to kill Tiamat, not each other.' He chuckles. 'By the way, I'm Retnas, the one who invited you here. Thank you for responding to my invitation.'

20. - Top - End - #20

Ian

Ian laughs as he is able to dodge both of Pebble's attempts to land a blow and casually tosses out burts of Eldritch energy... before stepping out of his reach... "Tisk tisk tisk, you don't want to hurt yourself now do you?"

Spoiler
    Show

(d20+14)[21](d10+5)[10](d10)[5] On hit get moved back 10', no ifs ands or buts about it.
    (d20+14)[32](d10+5)[13](d10)[3] On hit get moved back 10', no ifs ands or buts about it.
    (d20+14)[19](d10+5)[14](d10)[8] On hit get moved back 10', no ifs ands or buts about it.
    (d20+14)[16](d10+5)[15](d10)[10] On hit get moved back 10', no ifs ands or buts about it.

So long as at least one blast hits Ian will always be 30' away every single turn. It is unlikely Ian won't hit at least once.
    Last edited by Zman; 2015-12-09 at 11:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

The Rock laughs, effortlessly tanking every blast with no visible effect other than being shoved back slightly, then charges forward and strikes out twice more with his warhammer.

Show
    Using Controlling Strike to knock you prone, DC 23 Strength save or get knocked prone.

(1d20+16)[33]
    (1d8+1)[8]
    Save: (1d20+12)[30]

(1d20+16)[32]
    If advantaged (1d20+16)[30]
    Save: (1d20+12)[32]
    (1d8+1)[3] +9 if you're already prone.

11 damage total, you are not prone.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2015-12-09 at 11:50 AM.

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Ian

Ian is out of range of the uncivilized brute. He simply holds up his hand and utters a sharp incantation in Draconic... when the creature is paralyzed, Ian snatches the hammer out of his hand and checks its balance...

Ian Glances at their host, "You best control your man before I'm forced to dispatch him and you have to find yourself another."

Spoiler
    Show

Heightened Hold Monster DC21 Will Save with Disadvantage. (d20+3)[5](d20+3)[14] As you will be paralyzed there will be no contested check to take your hammer.

Ian is now 30' away.
    Last edited by Zman; 2015-12-09 at 12:15 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Retnas rolls his eyes at the two, still fighting.
    'Really, you guys? I invited you because I wanted help, not because I wanted you to trash up this tavern.'
    Last edited by GanonBoar; 2015-12-09 at 12:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Show
    Missed your post, Zman. The previous post was before you stunned him.

'Well, that's one way of solving the problem.' Retnas laughs. 'But what's the source of this conflict anyway?'

Spoiler: OOC, again
    Show
    Godammit, I had a whole plan for the start of this game and thenyou guys start fighting each other. Eh, whatever. I'll work around it.
    Last edited by GanonBoar; 2015-12-09 at 12:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Rianna Thunderhammer, High Cleric of Moradin
    Rianna walks into the room, filled with all these boys, and just smiles. "Sorry I'm late lads, met a couple of giants that were not being very nice on the way over. Had to teach them some manners.....seems I missed out on some fun. Looks like some manners could be used here." She saunters across the room with a smirk on her face. She sits down and sets her hammer, which is almost as big as her, next to her and looks around the room. "So...what did I miss? Nothing important I hope?" She picks up a tankard of ale that is on the table next to her, "I am Rianna Thunderhammer, High Cleric of Moradin. My god has commanded me to come and help out ol' scaly here. So here I am!"
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2015-12-10 at 02:53 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

26. - Top - End - #26

Ian

Ian gives the warhammer a toss without a second thought when the newcomer walks in, "Pleased to meet you sirmaaam. Lady." Ian smiles at her Dwarves... always look for a beard first.... Beard first... Will you never learn?! With a curt bow, "I am Ian, Spellsword extraordinaire. Moradin you say, well servants of the Dwarven gods are always welcome in taverns."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Rianna Thunderhammer, High Cleric of Moradin
    Rianna giggles, as Ian's mistake does not go unnoticed, and in an odd "male-like" voice, "Greetings to you as well, maaadaasir." She gives the half-elf a wink and takes another swig of her ale.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2015-12-10 at 02:53 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #28

Griffon

Helm Danravan

Helm bows his head low at the new comer, showing he had the utmost respect for those who devote themselves entirely to their god.

He looks to the Warlock and uncrosses his arms "So, what's this about Tiamat?". Helm wasn't getting any younger and his years did not teach him patience very well; he'd rather fling himself to the Abyss again than die of old age.
    DMing:

29. - Top - End - #29

Ian

Before their host gets to the nitty gritty Ian looks at the most attractive serving wench, "A round of your finest, for my new friends. On the house of course." He adds a bit of a wink and anyone close to him is overwhelmed by his sheer presence, and they want to like him.

Spoiler
    Show

Few Presence, DC21 charm.

If Pebble is still around it will be DC21 to be Frightened to run away.

30. - Top - End - #30

Griffon

Helm Danravan

Pretending to stand up and block her path, Helm slips the lady a few silvers in her pocket as she scurries past him to get them drinks, a trifle sum. "Oh, I'm sorry, Madam." he offers a warm smile while gesturing for her to go first.

Eyeing Ian cautiously now, noticing how this bard brazenly insisted for the drinks to be free of charge. Helm was no wealth redistributor, far from it, but he always put in mind the lives of the little people, bar owners and wenches need to eat, too.
    DMing: