New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout in the Playground: Out of the Rads in the Grime.

St. John's

"Your god put you in the best place to help us, and with what we needed. Your god wants me to pay you, because if he didn't, I'd be elsewhere. Ellen could have fixed him up just as well without me. So please, accept something to make me feel better." Even if there's a ridiculous discount, Wraith won't know and won't worry about the debt any more. She reaches into a pocket to get out a shotgun shell or something.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Outside of St. Johns

You can't see them but you can feel Dra's eyes as the cloth arm lowers to the rest of the pile of rags.
    "You'll excuse me for calling you a bigot."

The mass of cloth with the little girl on top seems to move toward the town. The Girl talking to the cloth if you are listening, she seems to be asking questions so fast that Dra can't keep up with Answers.

"wheredidyoucomefrom?whydidyoucomehere?whyareyouag houl?wereyoubornadeathclaw? e.t.c."

St. Johns proper

"Currency?" The nun asked.
    "Why you are fresh from the Vaults. Most everyone uses Bottlecaps from Soda's like Nuka Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla. Though effectively everyone uses a barter like system. Only the NCR and the Legion try to implement their own form of currency." The Nun does not take the shot gun shell. It hits the dirt making a small poof of dirt.

"I won't accept anything for the aid I gave. As for food, you can try Speedy B's up the road. They are the only restaurant left since the fall of the bombs. "

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Outside of St. Johns

You can't see them but you can feel Dra's eyes as the cloth arm lowers to the rest of the pile of rags.
    "You'll excuse me for calling you a bigot."

The mass of cloth with the little girl on top seems to move toward the town. The Girl talking to the cloth if you are listening, she seems to be asking questions so fast that Dra can't keep up with Answers.

"wheredidyoucomefrom?whydidyoucomehere?whyareyouag houl?wereyoubornadeathclaw? e.t.c."
    "You can think whatever you want. I'd just like to avoid gettin' rads by shoving my hand into something that cuts up steel."

A moment passes.

"What're you going to say to the town. Half are jumpy, the churchfolk are worse."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

St. Johns proper

"Currency?" The nun asked.
    "Why you are fresh from the Vaults. Most everyone uses Bottlecaps from Soda's like Nuka Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla. Though effectively everyone uses a barter like system. Only the NCR and the Legion try to implement their own form of currency." The Nun does not take the shot gun shell. It hits the dirt making a small poof of dirt.

"I won't accept anything for the aid I gave. As for food, you can try Speedy B's up the road. They are the only restaurant left since the fall of the bombs. "
    "Hm. Bottle caps. Don't have any. Will have to get some. Can't barter anything I have. Too much is vital."
    She looks up the road.
    "We will go when J4 is able to walk again. The normal recommended procedure is to rest longer, but this is the wasteland, and we don't have that luxury."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Proper St. John's

"I have some. They're light and easy to carry, and figured that the raiders I killed had to be carrying them for a reason." Not many, though, and she might be a bit stingy with them, too. She probably can't afford to, though, as she's not charismatic enough to be a good trader.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Outside of St. Johns proper

Dra did not seem to shift to look at FInder, but did make a guttural groan in recognition.
    "I don't know. I was not planning on going to the town. Till you all showed uP."
    You start to see smoke rise from the town as you approach as well as screaming and yelling. The little girl on Dra's back seems to be scared now. As she gets off of Dra's back. A few gunshots seem to rang through the air as they seem to come from the town.

Church on the edge of St. Johns Proper

As you leave the nun, you start to smell smoke, and hear yelling from deeper in the town. then gunshots can be heard. Jeremy looks to the smoke that is slowly starting to rise.
    "FOR PUPPY!" He screams as he runs forward towards the shouting.

7. - Top - End - #157

Outside of St. Johns proper

Dra did not seem to shift to look at FInder, but did make a guttural groan in recognition.
    "I don't know. I was not planning on going to the town. Till you all showed uP."
    You start to see smoke rise from the town as you approach as well as screaming and yelling. The little girl on Dra's back seems to be scared now. As she gets off of Dra's back. A few gunshots seem to rang through the air as they seem to come from the town.

"Yah, maybe we should hold off on that."

Given what he's seen of the town, it's likely the tensions got to them. Who knows what's going on but it's not going to be good. But then again, there's the kid to think about who's probably freaking out.

"Guess I can go see what's going on. Best to not add anything to the confusion."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #158
    Colossus in the Playground

Jake, who spent this time silent because he got distracracted by a mutant butterfly, puts on his knuckles again.

Now what?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

St. Johns
    Ellen rolls her eyes, takes out her pistol and carefully, with stealth goes to investigate what is happening.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

St. John's

Wraith rolls her eyes, leans down to grab the dropped shotgun shell and return it to her pocket, before checking her shotgun and ensuring it is loaded and ready for combat and following. She's not sure she'll step in, yet, but she's going anyway. Maybe there'll be something unattended for long enough for her to pocket, a pistol or some food.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

In St. Johns

Dra takes off his cloak and charges behind Jake and Finder. following them into the city. While on the opposite side J4 and the two girls see what is happening at the same time as the other group of misfits. Many builds were on fire. The townsfolk were screaming and gun shots rang in the air. Both groups see squads of crimson clad soldiers all wearing similar uniforms attacking St. Johns. Many were throwing spears and using knifes and large machetes. A few who seemed to have more ornate armor had rifles.

J4 jumped into the fray swing his buzz axe wildly at the Legionaries. Dra waited in the back looking to see what Jake and Finder does. However both groups could see that the commanders of the Legion had spotted them. Legionaries are charging both groups. A few Frumentarii raised there guns as were shooting at both groups. Bullets whistle passed the ears of Wraith, and Jake, while some collide with the ground right at the feet of Finder and Ellen.

A few of the townsfolk were fighting back, but they were not as trained as the Legion when it came to fighting.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

In St. John's

The first thing Wraith does when people start shooting at her is duck down the nearest alleyway. She hated them before because anything could jump out of one; now she's going to try and use them to hide. She slings her shotgun over her shoulder; she doesn't want to shoot it as it'll give away her position, waste a shotgun shell as she lacks the skill to take somebody out at anything beyond short ranges and she feels far more comfortable with the switchblade she's pulled from her pocket. Hopefully anyone she encounters down here will either be non-hostile, or surprised; Wraith is being as stealthy as she can in her movements.

Her ultimate aim is to get behind the Legion's lines and try to either escape, or assassinate a leader. The former is her preference; the latter is a last-ditch hope.

13. - Top - End - #163

Jake touches his bladed knuckles together, then charges screaming bloody murder, hoping to kill one of the legionaries with a knife or machete with a bladed punch.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Dra seeing Jake running in to the fray the ghoulish deathclaw joins him. Many of the legionaries stop what they are doing when they see the deathclaw they start to shift their focus to it and the small man punching people to death. Dra sweeps his claws through a few legionaries like they were made of paper. Jake was being charged by a few machete wielding legionaries. two sweep for his head, as another two charge from behind attempting to stab Jake.

Dra was clearly taking a few hits from stray bullets as he was dealing with the melee. Meanwhile you hear shouting on the other side of the battle as J4 was cutting through legion soldier after soldier, limbs goes this way and that way. He was acting as a good distraction for Wraith. She from the side streets was seeing children and some older women and men running from the battle. As Wraith peers from around the corner she see a centurion looking Legion following them, a pistol revolver out as he was firing hitting at least one with each shot. It is clear he has yet to see Wraith.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

St Johns
    Ellen made sure to keep in cover or hidden and fire off careful shots at whoever she can while others deal with most of the fighting, picking off straggler Legion troopers one by one. She didn't aim at the Deathclaw, because she did't want to attract its attention and oh my gosh its so fascinating! She hoped it would live, she would learn more about this creatures mutated biology alive than dead. That and you probably don't anger the guy literally punching people to death even though his opposition are wielding superior weaponry.

16. - Top - End - #166

Dra seeing Jake running in to the fray the ghoulish deathclaw joins him. Many of the legionaries stop what they are doing when they see the deathclaw they start to shift their focus to it and the small man punching people to death. Dra sweeps his claws through a few legionaries like they were made of paper. Jake was being charged by a few machete wielding legionaries. two sweep for his head, as another two charge from behind attempting to stab Jake.

Dra was clearly taking a few hits from stray bullets as he was dealing with the melee. Meanwhile you hear shouting on the other side of the battle as J4 was cutting through legion soldier after soldier, limbs goes this way and that way. He was acting as a good distraction for Wraith. She from the side streets was seeing children and some older women and men running from the battle. As Wraith peers from around the corner she see a centurion looking Legion following them, a pistol revolver out as he was firing hitting at least one with each shot. It is clear he has yet to see Wraith.
    Remnants. The bad kind too. This is all sorts of bad. 6 in the current clip. One thing Finder knows is that those red robes are surprisingly tough, at least some of the time. The troubleshooter takes stock of the nearest trouble and aims for the head. He doesn't stray too far from the kid though. The last thing the chaos needs is for her to wander off, which is actually pretty likely considering. At least he can keep an eye out if he stays close.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167

Jake ducks, so that the machetes aimed at his neck go over his head. The two trying to stab him in the back do so, but between his patchwork leather and scrap metal armor and his mutant bones, it doen'st go in far.

Jake then punches one of the attempted decapitators in the crotch with his bladed knuckles.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

In St. John's Alleyways

Wraith really wishes she had a sawn-off shotgun, as she could conceal that far easier under her duster and not have to worry about it slipping down her shoulder.

When she sees the Legionnaire before her (and since he's shooting at others and hasn't noticed her, I'm imagining him in the mouth of an alley leading onto a street, with Wraith behind him), she realises a choice- she can try sneaking past, which is risky, she can turn back and find another way (though with just one Legionnaire, this route is likely safest) or try to kill him. She decides on the latter and, springing the blade of her switchblade out here, and adjusting her shotgun so she can grab it more effectively if she's spotted and subtlety becomes secondary to survival, she sneaks forward. She doesn't care how many men, women or children he kills so long as they aren't her, and in fact hope there's more refugees as that way he's less likely to turn around and see her approach.

When she's close enough, she'll use one hand to push his gun-arm up and stab him in the armpit- not a fatal wound, but armour is by necessity thinner there and so is the skin, and if she's lucky she'll put his arm out of action long enough for her to stab him in the throat, face or back of the neck before he thinks about shouting. And maybe, by jogging his arm, she'll save somebody's life. That's always nice.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Wraith

Your sneaking skills are just what seems to help you, as you get closer to the centurion. With your plan of attack set you manage to get the knife right in his armpit. from the sheer pain he drops his rifle, however before he can even react you can feel as you slip the knife between a few vertebrae. He seems to stoop over as he draws his last breath.

Dra, Jake, and Finder

As Dra continued to push towards the gunners he starts to try and dodge out of the way of a few bullets. His actions mimicing a feral beast that he has yet to show up to this point. Jake meanwhile Lands a solid hit in one of the legion's unmentionables. He drops his weapon as he falls back on the ground clutching his manhood. The others all try to bring their machete's down on him as he landed that attack.

If Finder had not been so perceptive he would have lost track of the girl in the chaos, however he does keep her with in sight as he sends one bullet into a charging legionaires face. He seems to be sent flying back from the force of the gun, as the girl seems to be looking for some way to run.

Ellen and J4

Ellen gets a few shots off, however she only manages to hit one guy in the knee. It was enough to stop his movement, and then comes J4 to finish it up with a savage decapitation. He looks back to Ellen with a thumbs up, and an almost gleeful expression in his visible eye.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Alleyways

Wraith will drag him further into the alleyway, readying her shotgun in case she is disturbed as she hides the body from casual inspection and goes through its pockets. She'll take all his bullets, but not the rifle itself- too bulky, and she's a very poor shot. She'll take food, water, caps, coins, medicine, drugs, ammunition and his machete, if he has one. The machete will go into a pocket sewn to the inside of her duster, whilst any food will be eaten as it comes from his corpse. Caps, coins and ammunition are spread across her person in a number of hidden pockets, as will water.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Wraith's Alley

Further down the alleyway, hidden behind a dumpster, a large, armored figure stands inhumanly still. As Wraith drags the dead centurion further into the alleyway, the figure begins to stir.

New human detected within potentiality threatening range. Scanning... Analysis: Currently non-hostile. Proceeding with greeting...

The armored figure slowly places both it's hands on the dumpster, and with a push, noisily sends the large metal box toppling over. What is revealed is the hulking shape of a figure in massive powered armor, recognisable as a T-45 model due to the thick riveted steel plates covering the user's form. Oddly enough, however, the armored figure appears to be completely unarmed. The figure then begins walking straight towards Wraith without a word.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Wraith's Alley

Wraith has no experience with Power Armour; she's fairly fresh from her Vault, and assumes what she's seeing is a type of robot. Which it kind of is, though only by accident.

She notes it is unarmed, but its size and movements are threatening so she grabs her shotgun and points it in the vague direction of the power armour. "Who are you and what do you want?" She's still crouching over the body of the legionnaire she slew, mid-searching.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

....Ellen and J4
    She nervously gives him a thumbs up back then sneaks around, switching her weapon to a bat and sneaking up on a legionnaire and trying to deliver a home run to his head.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Wraith's Alley

Wraith has no experience with Power Armour; she's fairly fresh from her Vault, and assumes what she's seeing is a type of robot. Which it kind of is, though only by accident.

She notes it is unarmed, but its size and movements are threatening so she grabs her shotgun and points it in the vague direction of the power armour. "Who are you and what do you want?" She's still crouching over the body of the legionnaire she slew, mid-searching.
    The big metal man continues moving towards Wraith, with no reaction to the shotgun. When speaking, the tone of the voice that comes out of the metallic being is monotone and robotic. Soft and soothing, the voice is the kind that is reminiscent of automated announcements, language tapes and the like.

"This unit is designated as Y-17 Trauma Override Armor. Pleased to meet you. What this unit wants is to escape these men."

Y-17 points to the corpse currently being looted.

"They are violent and cruel and this unit would be happy to have nothing more to do with them. However, this unit is aware that it cannot escape on it's own and requires help from a capable person. You seem very capable. Will you please help this unit?"
    Just "John" is fine.

25. - Top - End - #175

Jake dodges to the left, then tries to punch one of the legionaries in the knee.

(Apologies for delay)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #176

Dra, Jake, and Finder

As Dra continued to push towards the gunners he starts to try and dodge out of the way of a few bullets. His actions mimicing a feral beast that he has yet to show up to this point. Jake meanwhile Lands a solid hit in one of the legion's unmentionables. He drops his weapon as he falls back on the ground clutching his manhood. The others all try to bring their machete's down on him as he landed that attack.

If Finder had not been so perceptive he would have lost track of the girl in the chaos, however he does keep her with in sight as he sends one bullet into a charging legionaires face. He seems to be sent flying back from the force of the gun, as the girl seems to be looking for some way to run.
    "Listen, you stay still, and hide somewhere where you can't see any red," Finder tries to advise, raising his voice over the general loudness of the situation. He motions towards a wall with his free hand. To the matter at hand though, reds are still reds, even when they've gone raider.

The troubleshooter tries to spy any sign of command in the chaos. Most likely they'll turn tail with him axed.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Wraith and Y-17

Wraith as she explored he legion's dead body found a couple rounds of .38 caliber bullets as well as a satchel of powder ( Healing powder). There was also one ear of Maize, along with 2 bottles of pure water. lastly she found 3 denarius on him, and his machete was nice and sharp ready to be swung.

Dra, Finder, Jake, and J4

It was not strange to see bodies fall left and right around a deathclaw, but what was strange was it appeared to be happened on the opposite side of the battle as well Finder could tell. It was like two pincers were tearing through the bulk of the Legions. Jake's skill however with fisticuffs was impressive. he rolled out of three swings, and as the last guy came down, a solid strike to his knee forced his balance to be off. The machete of the last finding purchase in a second legionnaire. Jake found he only had two enemies left. They both he could tell took a defensive stance. They were not going to go down as easy.

The little girl with Finder looked for cover, till she finally dove behind a dumpster that was in another alley. She was listening to one of the men that was risking their lives to save her. As Finder looks around it was clear the best way to organize such a attack was to be high up. There was only one building that had such a vantage point. Town hall. It if was not for Finder's keen eyes he might have missed the motion of a streak of red from one of the windows.

Ellen

The legion had started to be spread thin as J4 started to go deeper into town. A legion with a rifle was to focused on lining up a shot for the strange man that Ellen lands a solid hit on the side of this person's face. She clearly heard the cracking as the skull coupled in, then the snap as his spine went with the rest of his head.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Wraith's Alleyway

The machete disappears up Wraith's duster, whilst the coins and bullets are distributed about her person and the water is placed into a pocket she can reach easily. The healing powder is also secreted into a pocket; she'll have to figure out how it works later. She'll chomp on the maize as she speaks. "My capability is in stealth. I'll kill if I have to, but I'd prefer to do it from behind, with surprise or, better yet, whilst they sleep. You? Aren't stealthy. Unless you've got a stealth system or can fly, I don't think I can help." She sounds doubtful and is a bit cautious about the name- it's a suit of armour? But it's self-aware? Who wants armour that talks back? Admittedly, it's far better armour than what she's managed to source, but she's scared that armour would make her overconfident and make a potentially fatal mistake. Although, armour like that... It'd be some mistake to get through that armour.

((It's also quite easy; I learnt early on that T45 power armour isn't mini-nuke-proof, and I drowned in a quarry because I got lost underwater trying to patch up a pipe whilst wearing power armour.))

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Wraith's Alley

While Wraith is talking and munching, Y-17 takes a knee by the legion corpse, sets it straight, crosses its arms on its chest and closes his eyes. Y-17 then stands back up and faces Wraith.

"This unit does not require aid in the traditional sense of the word. This unit is incapable of attacking a living creature and this unit deems it unlikely that it will be able to escape without violent confrontation. What this unit needs is a wearer. Someone who can and will...kill...if pressed. You would be in little danger. This unit is 98% impervious to conventional small arms fire and is equiped with a suite of medical functions."

Y-17 seems to slump and hangs it's head (helmet?).

"...Please. This unit could not bear to be taken and used by these men."
    Just "John" is fine.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Wraith's Alleyway

The girl nods as she thinks this over, eating her maize. Y-17, with his medical knowledge, can probably tell the Legionnaire was killed by two blows with a short-bladed knife, one to the armpit to distract and disable, the second to his neck to actually kill him. It was quick, stealthy and probably the only two people who noticed the attack are in this alleyway. "From what I've been told, these men are Luddites, eschewing technology that they can't understand, and as uneducated savages there's much they can't understand. But they use guns, and some of this armour is obviously captured from elsewhere. It doesn't make a coherent whole, which it would if it was manufactured to a set pattern. So they might ignore you, if you hid and pretended you were mute. Maybe they'd try to destroy you, and if you're anything like human you don't want that. But they may try to use you. Only takes one forward-thinking maverick with more brains than loyalty. So. You have a deal. How do I get in?" She kicks the corpse when talking about the Legion, and throws the eaten stalk of maize aside as she stands up, before pulling out her new machete and laying her shotgun aside. If her duster is inside the armour, she won't be able to reach the machete, and the shotgun gets in the way a lot anyway. She really wants to saw down the barrel, but has yet to find a sturdy enough saw.