New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: DnD Beyond

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default DnD Beyond

I currently use Hero Labs for my character generation needs, and it works well, but they update very slowly (last major content update was back last February, so anything that's come out since hasn't been included).

Does DnD Beyond support any homebrew customization? I really like that HL allows for adjustments to most things on the fly. I have a character in a homebrew game that's a revenant (from UA's Gothic Heros) but with a couple added perks (darkvision and cold resistance, specifically), a cloak of charisma +2 that boosts above 20 and a long sword that has a d10/d12 damage die.

All these are easily adjusted for in Hero Lab - is the same thing possible with DnDB?
    Trollbait extraordinaire

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: DnD Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    I currently use Hero Labs for my character generation needs, and it works well, but they update very slowly (last major content update was back last February, so anything that's come out since hasn't been included).

Does DnD Beyond support any homebrew customization? I really like that HL allows for adjustments to most things on the fly. I have a character in a homebrew game that's a revenant (from UA's Gothic Heros) but with a couple added perks (darkvision and cold resistance, specifically), a cloak of charisma +2 that boosts above 20 and a long sword that has a d10/d12 damage die.

All these are easily adjusted for in Hero Lab - is the same thing possible with DnDB?
    It will let you make homebrew backgrounds, feats, magic items, monsters, races, spells, and subclasses. Homebrew entries can be created from scratch, or you can start from a copy of something that already exists.

You can make homebrew items public, as long as they only rely on SRD or publicly available homebrew content. Homebrew doesn't need to be public in order for characters to use it if they're part of one of your campaigns though.