New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Quote Originally Posted by VirusInk View Post
    Heyo, I give perma-permission to all future GitP Regulars as X threads.
    Ink Toxin
    Number of Doses: 1 (3 parts)
    Type: Contact
    Onset: 1d4 rounds
    Damage/Result: -1d4 int, -2d4 con if fail, save DC 28 negates
    Frequency of Active Ingredient: Common
    Cost per Dose: 700 gp

Crafted from the ink sack of a rare magical creature, this poison appears to be normal black transcribing ink with a faint green hue. Commonly used by clever assassins, a letter will be written to the target using this ink where deadly results will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Sounds good. I might make a new thread tomorrow. Try and keep the pace up, you know?
    Sounds like a plan!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-12-30 at 06:20 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Water? What's that for?
    Well, uuuuusually for drinking. Often times people use it for bathing and swimming though.
    Last edited by VirusInk; 2015-12-30 at 06:26 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure! Thank you! I don't really know much about any of this so I'll need some explaining- but I'm sure my bro can help me out with that.
    Inked Virus

Those afflicted by this disease are overcome with a desire to express themselves artistically, to the exclusion of all else (even basic tasks needed to survive, such as eating and sleeping).

Stats: Inhaled, Fort DC 17, incubation period 1d4 days, damage 1d6 Wis.

Additionally, every time the afflicted creature takes Wis damage from this disease, they must make a DC 17 Will save or be overcome with a compulsion to draw, sketch, or otherwise atristically express themselves. Until they finish this task, they will refuse to do anything else, even under duress, and they cannot be subject to other Compulsion effects. This is ad Enchanment, Complusion, and Mind-Affecting effect as well as a symptom.

There ya go! I'm sure LP can help you understand anything that's a bit confusing.
    Last edited by Draconium; 2015-12-30 at 06:27 PM.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I have 2 off name only

Infected ink.

Any tattoo made with the ink causes 1d2 intelligence drain. Restoration removes the tattoo, but leave the body permanently scarred where it was.

Paper eating ink.

Undetectable by magic as its a paper eating disease, the microbes eat the paper it's written on after it dries. Perfect gift for your least favorite wizard.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Ink Toxin
    Number of Doses: 1 (3 parts)
    Type: Contact
    Onset: 1d4 rounds
    Damage/Result: -1d4 int, -2d4 con if fail, save DC 28 negates
    Cost per Dose: 700 gp

Crafted from the ink sack of a rare magical creature, this poison appears to be normal black transcribing ink with a faint green hue. Commonly used by clever assassins, a letter will be written to the target using this ink where deadly results will follow.

Sounds like a plan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Inked Virus

Those afflicted by this disease are overcome with a desire to express themselves artistically, to the exclusion of all else (even basic tasks needed to survive, such as eating and sleeping).

Stats: Inhaled, Fort DC 17, incubation period 1d4 days, damage 1d6 Wis.

Additionally, every time the afflicted creature takes Wis damage from this disease, they must make a DC 17 Will save or be overcome with a compulsion to draw, sketch, or otherwise atristically express themselves. Until they finish this task, they will refuse to do anything else, even under duress, and they cannot be subject to other Compulsion effects. This is ad Enchanment, Complusion, and Mind-Affecting effect as well as a symptom.

There ya go! I'm sure LP can help you understand anything that's a bit confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowrocket View Post
    I have 2 off name only

Infected ink.

Any tattoo made with the ink causes 1d2 intelligence drain. Restoration removes the tattoo, but leave the body permanently scarred where it was.

Paper eating ink.

Undetectable by magic as its a paper eating disease, the microbes eat the paper it's written on after it dries. Perfect gift for your least favorite wizard.

Thank you guys! These all look really cool. I'll have LP help explain them to me further later tonight too so I can get the full idea.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

These are for Marlowe

Necrotic Plague

Contraction: Inhaled, Contact
    Save: Fort 18
    Incubation Period: 1 day
    Effect: Special

Necrotic Plague is a strange disease, believed to have been created on accident by a necromancer. The disease is strange in that it doesnt do anything until the infected person dies. How this person dies doesnt matter, only that they do.

Once the infected person dies they rise 1d4 weeks later as a skeleton of the appropriate type, even if their body was destroyed. Once animated they simply stand there, until someone orders them to do something. It doesnt matter if this person has Rebuke or control undead, the person simply must speak the commands and the skeleton will follow them to the best of its ability. There are two exceptions to this.

Any order of "Defend X" will have the skeleton try to prevent any hostile things from getting to the target, it will not attack, though it will try to grapple and then pin anything that attacks the target of the command, choosing to do subdual damage.

Secondly any order of "Attack X" will cause the skeleton to attack whoever issued the command, only stopping if they or their target is destroyed.

Wight's Blessing
    Type: Ingested, Injury
    Onset: 1d4 rounds (ingested) or Immediate (injury)
    Damage: 1 Negative level and Special
    Save: DC 20 Fort Save
    Cost per Dose: 1000 gp

Created from the ground up bones of a Slaughter Wight mixed with Unholy Water this potent poison is used only be indiscriminate killers. The poison causes the victim to take a Negative Level on a failed save but that is not why this poison is feared. If the victim dies from or while suffering from this negative level they rise as a Slaughter Wight and begin to attack the nearest living things, which will rise as still more Slaughter Wights when slain. Mercifully, after 24 hours the original Slaughter Wight and all others that stem from it fall to dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you! I have zero idea what I'm doing as I don't really forum... ever.
    Nobody knows what forums are for, one day they just appeared and people started using them. It was and will always be a chaotic mess.

Besides your doing better then me. I tend to just babble incoherently about things, occasionally dropping strange insight into random things. Also, I should probably use blue text a bit more. I seem to confuse people by not using it much. Your brother can tell you about the blue text, probably.

Edit: then again I would just run into the same problem I used to run into where I don't know whether I'm serious or not and want it to be both at the same time. That's why I gave up on blue text.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-12-30 at 07:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

My sister occasionally lurks the GitP regulars threads and she saw one of your above posts. She just sent me a Facebook message that said:

On one hand, I feel as though she's betrayed me. On the other, I feel as though she should stop lurking and finally sign up for GitP.

So, LP, you have a-

... Be careful what you wish for. Hello, Snaughbleauff.

Oh my.

Thank you! I have zero idea what I'm doing as I don't really forum... ever.
    Welcome to the GitP Regulars as X, the thread where everything's made up and the points don't matter. Today's contestants are the inexplicably just LoyalPaladin, the justly inexplicable Snowbluff, and IZ, who is currently trying to locate that other kidney. He'll be at it all night. I'm your host Red Fel, and I make the puppets dance.

Water? What's that for?
    That's where you put the poison, Snow. Remember?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Water is poison dear Mr Fel. It just needs to be pure enough (as in completely pure water) and it takes a bit of a high dosage, but it will cause blood cells to burst unless they get some salt to suck the water out of the cells and into the surrounding stream.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-12-30 at 08:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Water is poison dear Mr Fel. It just needs to be pure enough and it takes a bit of a high dosage, but it will cause blood cells to burst unless they get some salt to suck the water out of the cells and into the surrounding stream.
    As much as I like slow-acting, insidious poisons, Neo, I don't like them to be that slow-acting.

While we're young, toxins, while we're young. Some of us have places to be.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Whaaaat?
    Well, uuuuusually for drinking. Often times people use it for bathing and swimming though.
    Drinking, I don't...
    OOOOOH! That lightweight disassociation solvent! I knew it was good for something!
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Colossus in the Playground

Meanwhile I still don't have a plague/poison etc.

I even did one, isn't that supposed to be the secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

As much as I like slow-acting, insidious poisons, Neo, I don't like them to be that slow-acting.

While we're young, toxins, while we're young. Some of us have places to be.
    It's not thaaaat slow acting. The bad part is you can't let them eat much. And sodium is a big no-no. I suppose it is longer than drowning since you can't let them suffocate from stomach expansion. They need to suffocate from lack of red blood cells.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Meanwhile I still don't have a plague/poison etc.

I even did one, isn't that supposed to be the secret.
    Honestly, I don't know you very well... let me see what I can do...
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

15. - Top - End - #195

Spoiler: MARLOWE NOT GET REFERENCES
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

looks like my time its finally come( by the way virusink if I write some ting with size 4 that means treat is on its last lap)
    welcome to gitp regulars as shenanigans I believe mark II

17. - Top - End - #197
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Hi, VirusInk! Dont worry about trying to figure things out. Red Fel is the only one who knows whats going on and his motives are suspect.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Hi, VirusInk! Dont worry about trying to figure things out. Red Fel is the only one who knows whats going on and his motives are suspect.
    Suspect? There's nothing suspect about my motives. I am, if nothing else, entirely transparent. I want to rule you all with an iron fist and crush my enemies with absolute force and terror.

What's suspect about that?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-01-02 at 01:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Suspect? There's nothing suspect about my motives. I am, if nothing else, entirely transparent. I want to rule you all with an iron fist and crush my enemies with absolute force and terror.

What's suspect about that?
    If anyone is going to crush me it is going to be myself, and it will either be spectacular or decidedly underwhelming.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

If anyone is going to crush me it is going to be myself, and it will either be spectacular or decidedly underwhelming.
    You don't want me to crush you?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

You don't want me to crush you?
    after you crush each other I probably come with priest to fulfill the last rites and salvage the unneeded stuff from both your bases and maybe renovate the buildings and snow don't worry required items will be send to church with personal delivery by me or one of my personal followers

23. - Top - End - #203

For our favorite Socratov:

Virulent Absinthe
    Number of Doses: 6 (9 parts)
    Type: Ingested
    Onset: 1d4 minutes
    Damage/Result: Unconscious, -2d4 wi, save DC 26 negates
    Cost per Dose: 900 gp

Nearly identical to it's consumable counterpart, Virulent Absinthe diverts from pleasure to business when you add fire mephit blood to the mixture during the brewing process.

24. - Top - End - #204

Welcome to the GitP Regulars as X, the thread where everything's made up and the points don't matter. Today's contestants are the inexplicably just LoyalPaladin, the justly inexplicable Snowbluff, and IZ, who is currently trying to locate that other kidney. He'll be at it all night. I'm your host Red Fel, and I make the puppets dance.
    So you're telling me GitP is just a big crazy game show?

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Ah, I could see that. Well thanks for the welcome!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

I guess you could say that.

Red Fel is a harmless kitten, though.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Only is more along the lines of who's line is it anyways rather than jeopardy.

27. - Top - End - #207

I guess you could say that.

Oh?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrocket View Post
    Only is more along the lines of who's line is it anyways rather than jeopardy.
    Haha, well in that case I should just sit back and watch!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, hey! Be nice.

We're not that big.

Snowbluff, not in front of the malcontent!

29. - Top - End - #209

Snowbluff, not in front of the malcontent!
    Celestia Daily
    Red Fel secretly Snowbluff's cat?
    A rare photo was recently snapped of dastardly duo spending quality time together!

Keep reading to find out how illyahr manages to keep his youthful complexion...

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Celestia Daily
    Red Fel secretly Snowbluff's cat?
    A rare photo was recently snapped of dastardly duo spending quality time together!

Keep reading to find out how illyahr manages to keep his youthful complexion...
    LP, really? Resorting to skin pics to get your readership up? How loathsome. You could wait until a person is properly attired.

I mean, just look at Snowbluff's head in that picture. Positively indecent.