New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Grief In the Shell: Madokapunk IC Thread

[Ward 1]
    (NMSF HQ - Training Room 6)

"You don't know a damn thing about me, Gomie." That last line is cold, as she slaps something on her ears, and it expands outward into a noise cancelling headset.

"I've seen it all. War, peace, death and destruction. I saw my home destroyed. Twice. I lost people. My sister. My parents. My..." She chokes again, but it's not crying. It's raw anger and despair knotting up in her throat. But her hands are still moving as she manifests metal and shapes it between her thick gloves. "My one hope at happiness. And I've looked out on it all knowing I'd live to see it again and again or die. So I set to building things."

"You want me to spill? Well ****ing fine then." She throws a barrage of devices that bounce through the tunnels... and then beep angrily, exploding with electrical pulses that aim to disrupt the function of Leon's devices. "Do you know the name Elena Dynes?" Was she... one of the Mitakihara Seven?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ward 1]
    (NMSF HQ - Training Room Six)

Gomes twitches for a moment and releases his grip, taking a step back to reboot.

And then the sewer mirage goes down. He raises his hand and the lightning baton he had dropped at the beginning of it all flies back to his hand, perfectly dry.

*Bzzszzt* "I have read her full file before. Yes."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

[Ward 1]

"A file doesn't even cover half what she was. She was funny." Nadica brings a hand down as she starts circling Gomes, metal swiftly manifesting and bending together, a magical core summoned forth at the center and crackling with electricity. But the conjured turret just holds its shot for now, pointing at Gomes.

"She cared so much about the pursuit of knowledge, of finding the truth out there about... everything." Nadica continues skating around low to the ground, forming turrets around Gomes that zero in on his position and hold their fire. For now.

"She was one of the most brilliant people in the world, and she cared about this city." Nadica stops, panting angrily before screaming out with more emotion than Gomes has ever really seen her show. "AND I ****ING LOVED HER."

"So tell me to confess again. I dare you. Tell me to confess to something that spits in the face of her hopes and dreams."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ward 1]

Gomes' 'head' spins around to follow Nadica, the rest of him stays still.

*Bzzszzt* "Tell me why you bombed Kato tower Novak. I would much rather not chalk this one up to your stagnated fifteen year old brain finally snapping."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #335
    Orc in the Playground

[Ward 1]

Nadica snaps her fingers.

The turrets fire a constant stream of lightning rounds at Leon. In this quantity, they probably would do a bit more damage than disabling.

The supreme engineer just watches while the rounds fly, the turrets running out of energy and dissipating one by one. The flashes of bullets impacting on one point conceal any impact they're having. Smoke as the lightning sparks and sears the floor doesn't help.

But eventually the barrage stops, and Nadica is forced to a knee, putting a hand to her face. She pants raggedly, keeping her one good eye up to not be taken entirely off guard.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ward 1]

There is silence in the middle of the smoke. But it begins to dissipate.

In the middle of it is the Iron Lich surrounded by the refractive barrier of a fading plasma shield. A swing of the robot's arm scatters the smoke.

*Bzzszzt* "This is usually when the greenhorns of your kind piss all over my tatami."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ward 3]
    (ZT HQ)

Ah, work. It's sometimes not like work at all, and sometimes it is.
    There's a formula at work here---sort of. Boys in accounting put together a loose program; the simple form is that Vo's enjoyment of a project is connected not just to her productivity regarding said project, but how much she acts up. For example, they've got her looking at redesign specs on a rifle whose design she headed; she's not quite as into that as some other things, but her productivity seems fine, so she's compensating elsewhere.
    Hopefully she's not getting into too much trouble. Some of those texts to mashous were pretty over the line.

Somewhere in the city, a girl receives a message containing the entirety of the lyrics of the combine harvester song, which may or may not be sexual harassment.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

[Ward 1]

Nadica does not piss herself. She just gives an irritable sigh. "You're wasting your time." She lowers her hand, artificial, mechanical eye glowing in the metal-embraced socket.

"And I don't know about you but I don't think we have a ton of that. Whoever could pull this off would need my resources at least. Thought about the JSDF lately? Maybe they moved one of their ships nearby. Sato was the only real reason they weren't on our backs, and even if they appointed some kind of puppet mayor, are you really gonna just count on your job security? You're half the problem to them."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-03-29 at 01:44 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Bugbear in the Playground

[NMSF HQ]
    Roof

Leysa checks her phone as she receives Duncan's response. She makes a quiet, indignant noise as she reads it, mostly for Satou's benefit.

"Rude."

She looks over at Satou.

"Hey, Satou, you don't think of me as old, do you?"

Leysa tries to keep a serious expression for several seconds, but it quickly becomes apparent that the dangerous question was just a joke from the aging Mashou. A languid smile slowly breaks through until she can't hide it anymore.

"Kidding, you don't have to answer that. In fact, please don't answer that. Also, Turnbull is meeting us up here."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ward 1]

The Iron Lich is impassive, and then its eye adjusts for a moment.

*Bzzszzt* "The JSDF has been an issue in my recent considerations, yes. Mostly in the matter of Sato. But that is besides the point."

Leon marches off to one of the walls and picks up a metal choker.

*Bzzszzt* "but fine then, you won't talk. The matter remains that you are the prime suspect, the only suspect, in fact. And I am not budging on this. I know you did it. But I am willing to compromise for the time being."

Leon throws the choker at the ground in front of Nadica.

*Bzzszzt* "Put that on and I will throw you a cube to pour your grief into."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

[Ward 1]

Nadica holds up a grief cube of her own. When did she get that? Possibly in the barrage.

"Have my own, thanks. They're not really perishable goods." She pockets it into her apron and stands up.

"How about I don't." There's still a good amount of indignant anger in her tone.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ward 1]

*Bzzszzt* "You will. Because the point remains, you are the prime suspect and I need you under watch."

"So either put that thing of your own volition and submit so that we can keep this quiet, or try to flee and we can make this public."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

[Ward 1]
    (NMSF HQ- Training Room 6)

"Gomie" receives a crapton of new messages on his professional e-mail account. The practical totality of them falls on his spam folder. Each has been bounced off a different IP address, which has in turn been bounced off a half-dozen routers and servers, and so on.

To Omoikane, unraveling such a ball of yarn wouldn't even count as child's play. Of course, that is when it turns its computational power to such a strange event. The origin IP belongs to some open public access point. The program responsible for delivering the message is outdated military-issue; still powerful compared to things typically commercialized off the grid, but grossly outmatched by the machine it "opposes". It had been programmed to connect and activate on a delay. Surveillance data doesn't point to a responsible party that can be identified readily. Could be just a patsy, for all they know.

The message itself is in the subject.

Nadica Novak is innocent
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Cyberspace

The captain is not amused by the spam, If he were not a faceless machine, Nadica might even notice that.

But he opens one of the mails to read it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #345
    Orc in the Playground

[Cyberspace]

The email doesn't have too much in the realm of specifics. It cites a contact address and a website with a login and password.

The method of contact heavily implies that tracing is, at best, frowned upon, and at worst, reason for vanishing.

The website contents are far from impressive to a man like Leon (though Omoikane advises that the website in question is embedded within the Deep Web, he likely has seen worse sources in his days). It's a military manual for urban operations under heavy surveillance. Basically, someone wrote about how to take out a target in a city like Neo-Mitakihara. As a result, by tracing the methods used, which require and detail certain trainings one must undergo in order to pull off such an operation, Gomes (and by extension Omoikane, if allowed) can arrive to the conclusion that, even if Nadica WERE to be the culprit, she couldn't have pulled this off alone.

This brings up more questions than it answers. It implies that the mysterious contact has a military background - one familiar with the material in question. Omoikane should be able to confirm the manual in question has likely originated in the U.S., though because such a file would need direct access to a military library, it would have to "ask" the Americans' systems if it had been leaked somehow or if it even existed. Which brings problems of its own.

The only real lead in this is the author of the book in the credits. A ghost of a foregone era.

Big Boss.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ward 1]

Gomes stays still for a bit.

*Bzzszzt* "I am not sure what just happened, but someone is digging your grave deeper, because I just got an e-mail trying to pass off some last-century videogame nonsense as evidence of your innocence."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

[Ward 1]

Nadica isn't amused. "...look, Gomie, how about you act like a professional investigator for like one goddamn second and not attribute that crap to me just because you don't want to consider the fact that Omoikane is a friggin' data collection machine, not a detective."

"And seriously, when have I had friends, let alone ones that would bat for me like that. Not my fault."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

[NMSF HQ]
    Roof

Satou can't hide his eyes widening a bit at the question. Just a bit later, though, he grins. At Leysa's followup, he just shakes his head.

"Wouldn't dream of it. Imagine we won't have to wait long."

With that, he climbs out of the transport, precious evidence in tow, and takes a look around.

Vic watches the news with her, having made enough for him to have a bowl as well. He always takes this sort of thing out of his pay anyway; charges himself a lot for it, really. The man takes noodles seriously.

"So, do you want to do something with that? It is....pretty big deal."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ward 1]

Well, that much is true. She has a minuscule number of friends and they are generaly fairly smart.

*Bzzszzt* "Put on the tracking collar if you don't want to sit your decrepit ass in a cell until this debacle is figured out, Novak."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #350

[Old Mitakihara]
    [Miki Harmonics Center]

"It doesn't go anywhere. It's not an exit, it's an EXIT. Boltholes, they also get called. They're a..." Hoa scratches the back of her head, and traces out the katakana on the map. "I guess you could say they're a public service that those of us mashou who live out here provide. Well, those of us who feel like it, and have suitable powers. Set up a spot with magic defenses, tell cartographers where it is, and try to spread the word."

"In Neo-Miki - a lot of big cities now - you've got wraith attack apps and the NMSF tracing things and all sorts of stuff. But down here? EXITs are the only shot a lot of normals have if they run into a wraith outside of a populated area like this one. They won't hold off a wraith, but they might slow one down long enough for help to arrive. Unless we make a detour to rescue someone, we shouldn't have to worry about the things though. That said, three mashou is a juicy target to wraithpacks, so we should keep that on our minds at least."

[Neo-Mitakihara, Ward 1]
    [NMSF Headquarters, Cyberspace]

Spam. Nobody likes spam. Least of all the unfortunate Jenny tasked with sorting through the mountains of quasi-nonsensical threats, tips, and hogswash the NMSF. She can't really do anything but offer an apologetic bow in Leon's visual ARscape.

"Apologies, sir. Apparently some... oddly well equipped prankster got through the spam filters. I understand it is a low priority, but should I arrange for some sort of follow-up?"

Omoikane, meanwhile, grinds out a more heavily encoded message. Were the machine capable of expressing frustration, one might even fancy it as speaking through the digital equivalent of gritted teeth. An absurd notion to be sure.

Spoiler: High-Security Direct Feed: Leonardo Gomes Only
    Show
    >Update: Following information received from Makimoto Yoshi, revisions of prior assumptions have been underway. Probability of Nadica Novak's direct guilt has dropped from 87% to 66%, and the margin of error on the nature of her involvement has widened substantially.
    >Notice: Japan Self Defense Force ships have moved into nearby waters in the past twelve hours.

>Omoikane Advisory: Maintain strict surveilance of suspect Nadica Novak, and limit her further exposure to the case. Do not rely on suspect's abilities as an asset.
    >Omoikane Advisory: Current evidence presents sufficent conflicts to prevent pure statistical conviction. Further investigation through conventional means recommended.

[Neo-Mitakihara, Ward 6]

[Yumeiji Tower, Residential Levels]

Haru lets out a small laugh at Rio's barrage of questions.

"No need to hurry, dear! We can get through them all, we're not on a timer here. But who have I worked with? Well, I've heard you're quite up to date on the mashou scene, is that right? This is my job, so I've had a fair number of wonderful clients over the years, but at the moment... you may have heard of Sun Ling or Oshiro Yuune? They're both just the loveliest people, and they've been in the news of late."

Spoiler: Knowledge: Mashou
    Show
    Both names are instantly recognizable to anyone as well-versed in current magica events as Rio is, though neither is really in the top tier of fame occupied by the likes of Justice Spear Mia. "Onyx Dragon Yuune" is an accomplished athlete and martial artist, instantly recognizable by her boyish appearance and powerful build. Rather than sticking to the mashou sparring circuit, she's gotten a bit of a reputation for promoting athletics and fitness, especially to other young girls. Rio has heard more chatter about her at school than on message boards and the like, but enrollment in NMGDC's athletics clubs has been up this semester, and there's apparently enough demand for a girl's boxing club that there's talk of adding one to the roster - most of said demand coming from Oshiro Yuune's fans.

"Painted Quill Ling" on the other hand has actually apparently gotten some acclaim in the literary community. Rio is... not really super up to date on his work, but apparently his poetry and short stories are being widely praised by masters of the classical styles. It's all a bit artsy and arcane for Rio, but apparently he has become something of an icon for literary otaku, reciting centuries-old poetry while silhouetted against an exploding wraith and generally injecting some 'coolness' into something almost universally viewed as stuffy. Recently, there has apparently been some controversy about Ling's experimentation in blending Chinese and Japanese styles to reflect his own mixed heritage, with certain purists decrying it as a symptom of an increasingly diverse Japan, but the nuances of the argument delve into literary arcana Rio doesn't really specialize in.

"...and of course, I do side jobs, here and there. Helping clients of other managers with little personal projects or the like, when I can find the time between my own. I find it keeps the whole endeavor fresh, but I do assure you, my own clients are always my absolute highest concern. No need to worry about that one, dear."

"As for who is my favorite, or who I've helped the most? Well! The former wouldn't be fair to say, and I'm not sure I could give an honest answer to it! I'd much rather talk about what made each one marvelous. But I will say, given how he's snagged some headlines, I really am just immensely proud of Sun Ling. All he needed was to really find a way to frame himself in his passion, and, well... it's not what's 'normal', for a mashou, perhaps, but he's given so many people someone to look up to. People who might never have seen what they loved as something that could be 'heroic' or 'cool', and suddenly have a hero. He's not the only one, but I feel it's such a clean example that it's hard not to point it out."

Another laugh, more a chuckle this time.

"I do so love chatting about them, but I've actually given your situation some thought since talking to your mother. First though, before answering your question, might I have one of my own? Feel free to answer however you like, there's no pressure. But I wonder, Rio - what do you love to do? When you have free time, how do you spend it? I'm not asking anything melodramatic like, 'What's your passion?', just... what do you do when you want to feel comfortable?"
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

21. - Top - End - #351
    Orc in the Playground

[Ward 1]

"You're really going to look like an ***hole later on." Nadica snaps it around her fleshy ankle. "****in' happy now? Can we move on? You're like a giant toddler in a warmech." If she didn't provide sass, it wouldn't really be Novak.

"Bee-tee-dubs, taking this off later." Whether she is being serious or not, can Leon really say he's surprised?

[Ward 6]
    (Yumeiji Tower - Koizumi Apartment)

Rio fidgets a bit. Well. She fidgets all the time, but it is particularly notable now, as she rubs the cloth of her costume between her fingers. "...um..."

"...well, um... I..." More fidgeting, before she takes a deep breath to try and calm herself. "...I read about mashou a lot in the news sites and... watch shows about mashou, even the... fake stuff. And books and manga and... I've played... a lot of games about them and... I'm a junior member of the Tokyo Shrine Club." She actually hadn't even logged onto their board since... yesterday. Before yesterday. Given the rest of the internet's reaction, she could barely fathom what her "home site" had to say. She'd been around for a bit longer than a year, still green in many people's eyes. But... it's possible she'd be getting some special treatment pretty soon.

"I just... I've always felt really... excited about mashou, at least, the really heroic ones, and... I've wanted to be like them, and... help people. And... give them hope, like they gave it to me... before this." Rio blushes a little. "...but um... I never really thought I'd be picked, or that it'd be like... this."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #352

[Neo-Mitakihara, Ward 6]
    [Yumeiji Tower, Residential Levels]

"Oh, goodness! The TSC? Quite the little accomplishment." Haru leans in conspiratorially. "You know, one of my best friends growing up had to take their exam six times to earn her account. I never bothered at the time, but I'll not forget how excited she was to get in! I guess the good sites stick around, don't they? Thanks for making me feel a little younger, dear."

"But to the point, you are - unless I'm mistaken, so correct me if I am - the first mashou to hold a membership to that group. You're present and active in the community in a way that many other mashou aren't, prior to their contract. For girls your age, mashou are aspirational figures! People to look up to and emulate. How many of your classmates hang on to every bit of news about the mashou scene as it evolves? I've studied the demographics for work, and I know the schools are practically abuzz. It's just part of life at that age."

Haru taps two fingers of her left hand in the palm of her right as she talks, absently gesturing to illustrate separation.

"And despite that, so many girls and boys think like you just described! 'There's nothing special about me, I'll never get chosen, I can't make a difference'. But you did! That's your angle, Rio dear. You're relatable. You're approachable, and kind. These communities, the ones most mashou have to work for ages to earn recognition with? You're a thriving part of them already!"

"Rio, what mashou do is give people hope, you're right. But not just hope by using their powers and solving problems. They - you - give people hope by letting them see themselves reflected in you. You read through some of the fan-mail, and you see it all the time. A girl who mustered up the courage to approach her teachers about getting her stories published, thanks to Ling's courage, for example. And maybe, someday, some sweet, shy young lady worried she isn't special enough to measure up to her heroes or change the world will look to everything you've done and be inspired."

"I'm already thinking of ways we can get you started, but I'm already rambling on! Please, please, speak your mind. I don't want you to feel rushed here. Questions, ideas, anything."
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    [Old Mitakihara]
    [Miki Harmonics Center]

"It doesn't go anywhere. It's not an exit, it's an EXIT. Boltholes, they also get called. They're a..." Hoa scratches the back of her head, and traces out the katakana on the map. "I guess you could say they're a public service that those of us mashou who live out here provide. Well, those of us who feel like it, and have suitable powers. Set up a spot with magic defenses, tell cartographers where it is, and try to spread the word."

"In Neo-Miki - a lot of big cities now - you've got wraith attack apps and the NMSF tracing things and all sorts of stuff. But down here? EXITs are the only shot a lot of normals have if they run into a wraith outside of a populated area like this one. They won't hold off a wraith, but they might slow one down long enough for help to arrive. Unless we make a detour to rescue someone, we shouldn't have to worry about the things though. That said, three mashou is a juicy target to wraithpacks, so we should keep that on our minds at least."
    "Right. We should pretty much disregard these as alternatives, then." Makoto mumbles. "They're no good as hideouts, it'd be the first place anyone would look. Unless we actually WANT to establish a killbox or something, backing into a corner only lets the enemy concentrate fire." For the same reasons, they make for bad meeting spots. "I think I got the gist of our likely escape routes anyway. I say we meet at the old hospital if need be.

I'm also carrying extra cubes. I should be able to get to one of you if things get serious. Hoa, you want to hang onto one just in case? Not sure how your supply is down here."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ward 1]

The captain pauses to parse another message from Omoikane.

*Bzzszzt* "You will keep that on or we will have to do this again. But yes, we are done for the time being. Just remember that you are in the doghouse."

With that Leon heads out of the room. Time to meet with Satou and see what forensics has on the gun he and Leysa recovered.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

[Ward 6]
    (Yumeiji Tower - Koizumi Apartment)

Rio lights up a little bit when Haru mentions she has a friend in the TSC. "Oh! Um... does she still go on the boards? I haven't been around long, I don't think people really notice me... um. Well..." There's an unmentioned 'well, that's probably different now'.

But with that, she falls quiet, listening to Haru after that outburst. She thinks for a few moments after the mashou manager finishes, just... stewing in the information. "...I don't... do very well in crowds, it just... it all blends together and gives me a headache sometimes. I'm probably not going to be very good at... that kind of thing. Talk shows and... um. Press meeting... things."

"...but... you really think I can be like Onyx Dragon Yuune or Painted Quill Ling or Lightstriker Saya... or even Mia the Justice-Spear? Um... like... help people by just... talking about me? With all of the other stuff that mashou do." She's smiling in anticipation now, which is... at least somewhat adorable.

[Ward 1]

Nadica flips her wheelchair back out, falling into it while also leaving her costumed form. "Dude, you had barely half of the element of surprise. We do this again, you're gonna lose."

Then, she rolls after him. Just like nothing changed. Sigh.

[Ward 15]
    (Sango Gardens)

Mia shrugs after an aggressive slurp. "What more can I do? It's up to the cops from here."

She thinks on that, though. "...But I guess I'd like to meet her. The kid that fixed it. Rio."

"...maybe not right away, she's got a lot on her plate, I'm sure. But. Soon? I dunno. And... I never did get Leysa's number. ...think Wishcraft could help me out on that?"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-03-30 at 07:33 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ward 1]
    NMSF HQ- Roof

Satou nods to the Chief as he arrives on the roof.

Hm. One of the better demon armors. Chief must've wanted to give someone a scare.

He then notes a slightly-more-angry-than-usual Nadica rolling up behind him.

And that explains that.

"So, should I go first, or do you want to, Chief?"

"Well, it does no harm to ask! I will make some calls, see if either is in directory."

Vic finishes his bowl, and forcefully pushes himself upright.

"So! You just relax, think what you want to do! These things, I will see to!"

He pulls out his phone (gold-ish plated, natch), and begins with a quick call to Wishcraft HQ. Mia cares about Wishcraft, which means that Vic has gotten some familiarity with the workers there. And they, to their chagrin, have learned how to work with him.

"Good Morning!"

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ward 1]
    NMSF HQ- Roof

Well, he only has the one. It is an incredibly rare and expensive piece of hardware after all. Also pretty much an extravagance.

*Bzzszzt* "Tell me what you've got first."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #358
    Orc in the Playground

[Ward 1]
    (NMSF HQ - Roof)

Nadica pulls out a cig and lights it up. Satou might notice the tracking device on her ankle. There is probably a story behind this.

She does not seem inclined to tell it.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ward 1]
    NMSF HQ-Roof

Satou nods, and carefully proffers the mass of twisted plastics, warped alloys, and cracked ceramics. Seems like Gomes doesn't mind Nadica listening in, so no reason to bring it up.

"Well, as said, found the murder weapon. The killer covered their tracks pretty well. Only was able to use the basic types of components to narrow it down much; they had every other identifier that I could pick up wiped clean. So, whoever this was, is pretty intimately familiar with the sorts of lab tools available to us. Damned professional, and connected to a network with some insight into our operations. If they knew this much, I wouldn't count on the station's labs finding anything.

Anyway, the Magicite ceramic is still pretty definitive. This's from the Zeal Tech GS line. We do have a decent molecular assay; someone who knows Zeal's proprietary information on their gyro guns, maybe a bit about their material sourcing, could probably tell us a bit more about this."

He glances at Nadica, before turning his attention back to Gomes.

"Aside from the location of Spot, didn't find much else during the hunt last night. I just have this evidence, and maybe another lead, if someone from Zeal can lend a hand."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Ward 1]
    [NMSF HQ-Roof]

"Did they wipe down the inside?"

How is a gigantic pale redheaded Scotsman in a kilt so quiet? Duncan is just kind of....standing there, a bit behind Satou. He doesn't seem to think he would have actually surprised anyone. Which...may be fair...

"I mean, I know the whole "build a gun from a suitcase" thing is mostly the movies, but a high-end piece like this, surely there's at least a chance there's something on the inside the lab boys and girls might be able to check? Meanwhile we go shake down the crazy crowd over at ZT?"

What does he put in his coffee wait never mind everyone knows because it's Turnbull.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune