New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61

Default Re: Tales of Crimson Darkness

Spoiler: Save!
    Show

(1d20+3)[14]

The humanoid struggles on the sticky floor, the sharp edges of it's armor and boots cutting through the sticky floor....almost....but it does get caught....

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

You can take a standard action and a move action in a round, so you can make a standard attack like cast a spell, and then move your normal movement rate. As long as your not in melee, of course.

Last edited by Darth Ultron; 2016-02-14 at 10:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    Spoiler: Save!
    Show

[roll0]

The humanoid struggles on the sticky floor, the sharp edges of it's armor and boots cutting through the sticky floor....almost....but it does get caught....

Show

You can take a standard action and a move action in a round, so you can make a standard attack like cast a spell, and then move your normal movement rate. As long as your not in melee, of course.

Then I'll move so that I'm fifty feet away from him. If I can't do that I'll move as far away as I can.

As talking is a free action: "Okay, now do you care to explain why you just murdered my... comrades? (Yeah, I suppose they were my comrades.) Anyway, why did you murder my comrades?"

3. - Top - End - #63

Show

If you don't take any other actions, you can do a double move in a single round, moving your normal movement rate (twice).

Humanoid "They have no value. They server them who hold me prisoner. The wizards here! They will all die! Die!"

It attempts to free itself from the sticky floor

Spoiler: roll
    Show

(1d20+3)[4]

It stays stuck to the floor.....
    Last edited by Darth Ultron; 2016-02-18 at 08:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

If you don't take any other actions, you can do a double move in a single round, moving your normal movement rate (twice).

Humanoid "They have no value. They server them who hold me prisoner. The wizards here! They will all die! Die!"

It attempts to free itself from the sticky floor

Show

(3d4+9)[15]

It stays stuck to the floor.....
    "Well, since I'm a wizard who serves a wizard, I'm without value and will die. **** you very much for clearing that up."

I cast Empowered Magic Missile. I think that comes out to (3d4+9)[15] damage. (Unless he has some sort of protection.)

Since that has a decent range I think I'll move back forty feet, or as far as I can if a full 40 would require me to walk through a wall. (Dark Humans have 40 move.)

Edit: Oh, and another free action: "Fair warning: I'd recommend staying well back from him. I might have to drop a fireball on him. You don't want to be too close to him if I do."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-19 at 05:24 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Round 3

Another 30 feet of movement puts you at the wall of the room. Right between to of the large open glassless windows that are letting in the bright sunlight form outside.

Your magic missiles fly over and strike the humanoid, plunging deep into his scales and causing damage. "Arrgghhh!"

The humanoid attempts to pull itself free...
    Show

(1d20+3)[5]

...and fails
    Last edited by Darth Ultron; 2016-02-20 at 03:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that adds up to 80 feet? That should give me a full round of safety even assuming he breaks free next check. (Which does not seem to be a safe assumption.)

Since I think it's my turn, I begin casting Summon Monster I to bring in a small Fiendish Monstrous Spider. That's a full round action.

Edit: Oh, not that this is relevant yet, but are the windows low enough that I can step through them if I need to flee the area?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-20 at 06:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Huamnoid tries to free itself

Show

(1d20+3)[5]

The windows are about three feet off the ground.
    Show
    So you can't exactly ''step through'' a window, but you can sure climb out of one.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

He seems to have wasted another turn. My Small Fiendish Monster Spider arrives, and I have it move forward sixty feet. I then cast Magic Missile for(3d4+3)[10] damage and move directly in front of one of the windows.

Edit: Oh, and I think I'll have the spider create a five foot sheet of web directly behind it. Edit2: No, better idea, I think I'll have it web the square to the right of the square directly behind it since I'm in front of the window to the right and therefore that square would be directly in front of me. If you need the reference material for that one, it's here.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-21 at 05:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Humanoid tries to free itself

Spoiler: Check
    Show

(1d20+3)[7]

Three half orcs in chain mail with axes and shields enter the room by the doorway and stop, standing alert and ready, but not taking any obvious actions.

Nuxd Boneeater moves to the other side of the room.

Foppo flies out a window

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

As a free action, I address the half-orcs. "Are your orders to recapture him, or kill him? I'm willing to help with either, but I can do the latter more effectively."

11. - Top - End - #71

Half Orc "um we get no orders. Boss is dead. Um, we not know what we do now."

Nuxd "kill it!"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Half Orc "um we get no orders. Boss is dead. Um, we not know what we do now."

Nuxd "kill it!"
    My spider moves forward the last twenty feet, meaning he and the scaly thing are now within melee of each other. I assume that means an attack of opportunity from the humanoid?

"Boss? What boss?... you don't meant that Kabsenuf guy, do you?"

Edit: I should probably have mentioned earlier that Sticky Floor covers a four-square area. So there's three squares of superfluous Sticky that someone might get caught in. Where are the humanoid and the new arrivals relative to the door?

Edit2: Also note that I have a move action and a standard action I haven't used, and I think my spider has a standard assuming he doesn't die immediately on entering the humanoid's threatened area. My turn isn't over yet.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-23 at 02:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

The humanoid is right in front of the doorway.
    The new half orcs are still outside the room, in the hallway behind the humanoid. The best placement for the Sticky Floor would have been the square right in front of the door, the squares to the left and right, and one to the front. A lot like a ''T'' shape. Unless you wanted some other shape.

Half-orc "Nos, our boos was Blanto, he dead now. No new boss. Kabhsenuf Tantawi is our lord and master."

Spoiler: Melee
    Show

The spider acts on your turn in initiative. It won't suffer a AoO if it attacks, unless you just wanted it do aimlessly move toward the humanoid as a distraction?

Spoiler: spider bite
    Show

(1d20+4)[19]

(1d4-2)[-1]

Spoiler: save
    Show

(1d20+4)[15]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

The humanoid is right in front of the doorway.
    The new half orcs are still outside the room, in the hallway behind the humanoid. The best placement for the Sticky Floor would have been the square right in front of the door, the squares to the left and right, and one to the front. A lot like a ''T'' shape. Unless you wanted some other shape.

Half-orc "Nos, our boos was Blanto, he dead now. No new boss. Kabhsenuf Tantawi is our lord and master."

Spoiler: Melee
    Show

The spider acts on your turn in initiative. It won't suffer a AoO if it attacks, unless you just wanted it do aimlessly move toward the humanoid as a distraction?

Spoiler: spider bite
    Show

[roll0]

[roll1]

Spoiler: save
    Show

[roll2]

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    All of that sounds good to me. It would mean that the spider would have to be in one of the squares next to the square directly in front of the creature, rather than being directly in front of the creature, but it has the move for that.

"Oh, good. For Kabhsenuf Tantawi to die would make my situation... complicated."

"Hm. No orders."

I turn to the humanoid. "You know, we could kill you where you stand. Or we could let you live until someone with the authority to decide what to do with you gets here. Part of me wants to go with the first option. On the other hand I don't know why you were sealed up instead of killed but presume there was an actual reason. On the other other hand you'd have to stop struggling before I went with the option where I stop trying to kill you. I'm not in armor, so I'd have to assume that I'd be in a little bit of danger if you got free. Trust me, you don't want me to assume that."

Do I need to roll for Intimidate for this?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-25 at 02:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Show

If you want to intimidate the humanoid, you'd need to roll, of course.

Humanoid growls and does not say anything else.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

If you want to intimidate the humanoid, you'd need to roll, of course.

Humanoid growls and does not say anything else.
    (1d20+0)[9] for Intimidate. This should be amusing.

17. - Top - End - #77

Show
    (1d20+4)[20]

The humanoid growls and looks around.....and is not intimidated
    Last edited by Darth Ultron; 2016-02-27 at 10:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

I think my turn is over. Is it safe to assume he makes another strength check to try and break free? Or attacks my spider? Or both?

19. - Top - End - #79

The humanoid will try and break free..

(1d20+3)[9]

he growls and stays stuck.
    Last edited by Darth Ultron; 2016-02-28 at 11:09 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

I shrug, and motion for the spider to bite him. (1d20+4)[21] for attack, and assuming it hits (1d4-2)[-1] for damage.

21. - Top - End - #81

The spider does hit, and the humanoid lets out a hiss.

Spoiler: Save
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19]

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

The spider does hit, and the humanoid lets out a hiss.

Spoiler: Save
    Show
    [roll0]
    And there's the other shoe.

I only have one fireball, so I think I'll end my turn.

23. - Top - End - #83

The humanoid attacks the spider, swinging it's great sword.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(1d20+4)[21] (1d12+4)[6]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

The humanoid attacks the spider, swinging it's great sword.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

[roll0] [roll1]

Well, that puts paid to my spider. Is that the humanoid's whole turn?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-29 at 11:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

The humanoid has no actions left....but it does look way across the room in your direction.......

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

The humanoid has no actions left....but it does look way across the room in your direction.......
    "Well, even if I still wanted to spare you, it is now quite impossible."

Is there anyplace I can put a 20 ft radius spread that will hit the humanoid, but will not hit any of my allies? If so, then of course I drop a fireball on that place.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-03-01 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to color my character's speech

27. - Top - End - #87

Both you and the goblin are out of range of the fireball. Foppo flies out a window, putting him out of range.

That just leaves the four half orc guards crowded in the doorway and the hallway outside, and they are in range....if they count as ''allies'' .

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Both you and the goblin are out of range of the fireball. Foppo flies out a window, putting him out of range.

That just leaves the four half orc guards crowded in the doorway and the hallway outside, and they are in range....if they count as ''allies'' .
    Only if I hit right on the humanoid, right? There's got to be a spot that the humanoid is within 20 feet of that I, Nuxd, and the half-orcs aren't right? It still does full damage even if he's right on the edge of it, and if he's only barely in range the half-orcs won't be. And I'm far enough away that there's no way a fireball that would hit him would hit me. Whether there's even a problem picking a spot depends mostly on where Nuxd is.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-03-03 at 04:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Nuxd Boneeater moved to the other side of the room long ago...

Show
    Yes, you could set of the fireball in front of the humanoid so the half orcs were not in the blast.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, let's see where that takes me.

(5d6)[19] damage, reduced by half if he makes a reflex save. (Or no damage on a successful save, in the event that he has Evasion.) And I don't even know what properties he might have that influence fire damage.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And if this isn't enough to kill him I'm going to need to get creative. I'm now out of direct attacks, and I only had the one summoning.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-03-05 at 01:56 AM.