New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Crimson Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    Snagazod the Sneaky "West side of town. Lots of shadows all morning. "
    "Hm. So, if we climbed the wall at the western edge of town and I stayed to the shadows, I might not be seen?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Would my character remember about where the cloak shop was?

2. - Top - End - #902

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Of course, the town is not that big. It would be like a DC 10 intelligence check.....

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, that's (1d20+4)[6] I think?

Edit: Damn it. Okay, so Hissra's next move is probably to ask "You wouldn't happen to know where a building called "Bunshka's Cloaks and Covers" is? The reason I ask is that we should really avoid that place."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2017-02-06 at 11:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #904

Snagazod the Sneaky "Sure me know the store. It over in trade part of town. Not a good place to rob, they makes no money."
    Last edited by Darth Ultron; 2017-02-07 at 12:00 AM.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Snagazod the Sneaky "Sure me know the store. It over in trade part of town. Not a good place to rob, they makes no money."
    "Has anyone ever tried? And... gotten away with it? Because... well, I'm not sure how much I can safely say, but there's... danger in that place."

6. - Top - End - #906

Snagazod the Sneaky "Yup, lots of orcs. That how we all know good rumor that place has no loot and to go to other places. Thief rumors are good, tells you good and bad places to rob."

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Snagazod the Sneaky "Yup, lots of orcs. That how we all know good rumor that place has no loot and to go to other places. Thief rumors are good, tells you good and bad places to rob."
    Well, I have to give Ogolkil some credit for maintaining cover. But still...

"There are... other reasons to stay away from that place. But I'm not sure it's safe to tell you what they are, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't spread around even as much information as I've given you."
    Hissra blows out a breath. "Right. Uh, where is the trade quarter, though? If I climbed into the western portion of town, would I drop right into it?"

8. - Top - End - #908

Snagazod the Sneaky "Me know how to use my tongue . Yup, trade part goes right to the walls. West gate is trade gate.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Snagazod the Sneaky "Me know how to use my tongue . Yup, trade part goes right to the walls. West gate is trade gate.
    "Oh, boy. Well, do you know about where in the trade district it is? If I have to go into the trade district, we can at least stay as far away from that shop as possible."

10. - Top - End - #910

Snagazod the Sneaky "It on side street, so just stay on the main streets. Here, me draw you a map. He makes out a crude map with an 'X' on it in ink.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

Snagazod the Sneaky "It on side street, so just stay on the main streets. Here, me draw you a map. He makes out a crude map with an 'X' on it in ink.
    Hissra looks at the map, trying to memorize about where the shop is relative to the wall and maybe jog his memory about where it is relative to the main gate.

12. - Top - End - #912

Bunshka's Cloaks and Covers is in the middle of the trade area, along with other shops. But it is on a side street, so it is easy to avoid as long as you don't go down that side street.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Bunshka's Cloaks and Covers is in the middle of the trade area, along with other shops. But it is on a side street, so it is easy to avoid as long as you don't go down that side street.
    "So if we make sure that at any time we're either on the main road or sticking to the edges of the district, we should be okay..."

Can I make another Intelligence check to see if Hissra can remember whether he passed any open-air stalls on the way to the cloak shop, and where they were? (I don't think the stalls wouldn't have been selling anything at the time, since I don't think I've ever been in that district during the day, but I thought they might have been left outside with the merchandise safely put away elsewhere. Either way, it seemed worth asking.)
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2017-02-09 at 08:08 AM.

14. - Top - End - #914

Like most towns, there is an open air market. A large clear area of dirt and mud right inside the trade gate. The orc market does not have ''stalls'', but is more hide tents and wagons and tree stumps

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Like most towns, there is an open air market. A large clear area of dirt and mud right inside the trade gate. The orc market does not have ''stalls'', but is more hide tents and wagons and tree stumps
    "Right. So, I start the day trying to find something worth taking in the open air market, and then... what should I do when the shadows there start fading?"

16. - Top - End - #916

Snagazod the Sneaky "Move west? Maybe ide in a dark alley?"

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

Snagazod the Sneaky "Move west? Maybe ide in a dark alley?"
    "Hide in a dark alley, follow the shadows... that could work. Shall we leave now, or is there anything else to go over?"

18. - Top - End - #918

Snagazod the Sneaky "Me ready if you ready."

It's a short walk back to town, and over the wall into the shadows of an ally that runs along the wall.

Snagazod the Sneaky "Me go chit chat, see you later."

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Snagazod the Sneaky "Me ready if you ready."

It's a short walk back to town, and over the wall into the shadows of an ally that runs along the wall.

Snagazod the Sneaky "Me go chit chat, see you later."
    "Seeya. Watch yourself out there."

I know I'm going to need to make a stealth check. Should I do it now?

Oh, and are we assuming I reset the traps around when my character noted that he should do so? If so I need to mark two of my spells on my character sheet as used.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2017-02-13 at 03:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920

Show

You really only need a stealth check if there is someone trying to detect you.

Did you really want to set the traps around an empty cave?

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

You really only need a stealth check if there is someone trying to detect you.

Did you really want to set the traps around an empty cave?

Well, then I don't need to make a stealth check yet, but since I'm hoping to not be seen at all if I can help it I'm going to need one later.

I'm not sure whether or not I want to burn those trap spells. I assume we're going to be sleeping there tonight, but on the other hand it'd be easier for anyone who wants to ambush us (assuming anyone does) to hit us in the town if the orcs really don't at all care.

Did Snagazod leave anything worth taking from him? If not, I probably don't want to burn those spells yet. If so it would depend on how valuable whatever it is is.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2017-02-14 at 12:39 AM.

22. - Top - End - #922

There is nothing of value left in the cave, just some near worthless common items.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

There is nothing of value left in the cave, just some near worthless common items.
    Then I didn't use the trap spells. Yet.

I look around to take stock of my surroundings. Am I near the open-air market?

24. - Top - End - #924

The open air market is away from the wall, close to the middle of the town, so your a couple streets away. It's not hard at all to find as it is the noisy and crowed place in town.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

The open air market is away from the wall, close to the middle of the town, so your a couple streets away. It's not hard at all to find as it is the noisy and crowed place in town.
    I suppose I'll head towards it, keeping to the dark alleys as much as I can and trying not to be seen as hard as I can.

26. - Top - End - #926

You can stay unnoticed, but it's a bit much to go ''unseen''. Eventually you'd make it to the open air market. It's a chaotic jumble of tents and wagons set up to sell all sorts of items.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

You can stay unnoticed, but it's a bit much to go ''unseen''. Eventually you'd make it to the open air market. It's a chaotic jumble of tents and wagons set up to sell all sorts of items.
    Staying unnoticed and going unseen aren't the same thing in this context? I'd assumed a human in robes in an orc town would draw stares.

28. - Top - End - #928

Orc's are nowhere near as racist as humans or more like they don't really care. A lot of orcs don't like sunlight, so cloaks and hoods are common.

Orc's are not wimps like humans, they don't just ''stare'' at what they don't like.....they just attack and kill it.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Orc's are nowhere near as racist as humans or more like they don't really care. A lot of orcs don't like sunlight, so cloaks and hoods are common.

Orc's are not wimps like humans, they don't just ''stare'' at what they don't like.....they just attack and kill it.
    I hadn't thought they'd hate me or anything. I'd just thought they do a double-take and say "Huh, you don't see that every day."

Anyway, if that doesn't happen and I reach the market without issue I suppose my first thought would be to look for any familiar faces, such as the two orc guards, or Dura. If I don't see any, I suppose Hissra would want to steal something from a food stall first, since I don't think he's eaten recently.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2017-02-16 at 11:35 AM.

30. - Top - End - #930

You don't see any know faces at the market...but at least half the orcs are wearing cloaks, hoods and thick glasses and even masks that hide their faces....

There are plenty of older orc women with small carts of food. Roots, radishes, potatoes and such.