New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 63

1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 63

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Adir is here, amidst Summer. He seems to be staking the place out from the relative safety of his little pick-up truck. He'd try somewhere else, but he doesn't want the lady from the cafe to recognize him. Hard to hide those unwieldly antlers.

He glances from place to place in the park, watching with only his sharp eyes. The stag hasn't spotted Zefir yet... just those strangers, clearing the area. This looks bad. Well, has a lot of bad-potential.
    [Park of Season]

Zefir has not noticed Adir or his truck, while i think he doesn't even know about the truck. As soon as he noticed the mages, hiswhole attention got to them.

Zefir sights after 10 minutes of watching. Non of the mages has made more then redirect people coming to the central area. How should he got proper informations about their skills? Slowly he climbs down from the tree. Down their he waits and takes another look at the robed figures.
    "What on earth makes them think they can beat me? They should know about me until the point I came here." he mumbles aloud to himself.

Zefir doesn't seemt o care if anyone else sees him, he just hides from the mages in the center. Maybe a chance for Adir to spot him befor he goes in there.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Loch and Key

"Of course, I didn't mean right now." Cessie excuses herself. "But 'magic' is a rather general term don't you think? They're used to eldritch, yes. But around here magic is a term used to explain nearly everything. They haven't seen shapeshifting, well besides that time Adir turned into a deer to amuse them."
    Loch and Key

"Sometimes I wonder."
    Jezebel says after a bit, looking rather serious and partly lost in thought. "About the magic that is. Eldritch, Mana, Psykers, Sorcery...each one is different, isn't it?" The Goddess asks. "But if that's the case, why is it that they can all interact here?" The Ex-daemon asks before giving a shake of his head. "Sorry, just idle thoughts."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Tell you what, I'll find them and bring your body to them. Xun searches around and finds a relatively intact bag, putting the body inside it. She paws at her collar. Assuming no interference, the bodybag disappears into the attached extradimensional space.
    Elan's Theater

There is a moment where the boy's ghost holds the body here as he considers her offer, preventing it from being removed even by magic. But ultimately, he nods and the gruesome features soften and dissipate, fading into the ether as he floats back down to the store-room floor, his shredded shirt returning to its previous pristine state.

"Okay, kitty. I'll trust you with me. Please let my mommy know I didn't run away. I stayed put and waited for her, like she told me." He sniffles, and begins to fade from view entirely, dispersing into faintly glowing mist.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Elan's Theater->Streets

Xun trots off, shifting back into a little cat form. She goes off to the address provided for mom!
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Loch and Key

"Sometimes I wonder."
    Jezebel says after a bit, looking rather serious and partly lost in thought. "About the magic that is. Eldritch, Mana, Psykers, Sorcery...each one is different, isn't it?" The Goddess asks. "But if that's the case, why is it that they can all interact here?" The Ex-daemon asks before giving a shake of his head. "Sorry, just idle thoughts."
    Loch and Key

"I cannot say. My research hasn't touched upon that yet and honestly I wouldn't even know where to begin." Cessie shakes her head. "So I'm not sure how much I can add to that subject."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Park of Season]

Zefir has not noticed Adir or his truck, while i think he doesn't even know about the truck. As soon as he noticed the mages, hiswhole attention got to them.

Zefir sights after 10 minutes of watching. Non of the mages has made more then redirect people coming to the central area. How should he got proper informations about their skills? Slowly he climbs down from the tree. Down their he waits and takes another look at the robed figures.
    "What on earth makes them think they can beat me? They should know about me until the point I came here." he mumbles aloud to himself.

Zefir doesn't seemt o care if anyone else sees him, he just hides from the mages in the center. Maybe a chance for Adir to spot him befor he goes in there.
    [Park of Seasons]

A few minutes later, footsteps crunch up behind Zefir. It's Adir, standing such that the same tree hides him, and he looks a little concerned.

"Hey, Zef,"
    he starts, not quite explaining why he's here. "Um... what're we doin'? I don't like the way this place is gettin' cleared out, man. Are you in some kinda trouble?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #187

[Park of Seasons]

Zefir's ears twitch as he hears the footsteps and his hand wanders down into his bag, while his other hand goes in a defensive possition. He stops as he notice it is Adir with a relief sight. He leaves whatever he wanted to drag out his bag where it is.

"Adir don't scare me like that." he starts. "And I think we do nothing here and this" he points at the mages "is just a feedbacl of the past I guess. I await the worst."

8. - Top - End - #188

[Park of Seasons]

"Is that what your bag there is full of? Super fun nothing?" Adir asks, head bent to look at it. He jams his hands in his pockets. He takes a brief glance around the edge of Zefir's cover, studying the mages. "...What do you think they're going to do?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #189

[Park of Seasons]

Zefir pushes the bag futher behind himself to keep it out of Adir's sight. Not very successfull since it's only him bbetween Adir and the bag.

"Yeah, 'super fun nothing' is inside." he replies. He then turns slightly to the mages Adir looks at. He needs a moment befor he speaks up, because he has to think about his words wisly.
    "They drag me back and force me to work for them, worst case."

10. - Top - End - #190

[Park of Seasons]

"So why even show up here?" Adir asks, voice small. He glances from left to right, eyes peeled for any observers from the group of strangers in the park's center. "You, I mean."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #191

[Park of Seasons]

The mages don't seem to look around much. They just keep the area clear.

"They know I'm here. It's just a matter of time until they will find me if I hide."
    Zefir says. "They likly hunt down everyone related to me and I rather not let that happen."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Loch and Key

"I cannot say. My research hasn't touched upon that yet and honestly I wouldn't even know where to begin." Cessie shakes her head. "So I'm not sure how much I can add to that subject."
    Loch and Key

"As I said, it was merely an idle thought."
    Jezebel says, sliding his plate away from him and holding up a hand a little way to call for the bill. "And unfortunately, I believe I should rescind my acceptance of the offer to head to the Keep to meet your children. I have my own and I ought to be spending time with them." Jezebel admits with a rueful smile. "But perhaps I can bring mine over for a visit this weekend. Meeting others would help them acclimate I think."

13. - Top - End - #193

Loch and Key

"Maybe some day I will find out." Cessie first replies before Jezebel falls silent.
    "Oh? Well, if you're sure we can always do a 'play date' of sort. Keep in mind that the whole Frescot family is staying with us right now though and there are a lot of them. Sakura have had seven children in just a little more than half a decade." Too many babies in too little time...

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Park of Seasons]

The mages don't seem to look around much. They just keep the area clear.

"They know I'm here. It's just a matter of time until they will find me if I hide."
    Zefir says. "They likly hunt down everyone related to me and I rather not let that happen."
    [Park of Seasons]

"Listen, C4, man, or whatever your name is..."
    Adir says, holding his hands out to either side. "I'm here. If you want backup. With whatever you're gonna do. If there's fighting, there's fighting, if there's talking, well... I'll be your insurance. Let's say insurance."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-02-05 at 09:33 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

[Sarah's Apartment]

Dark wings flutter in the night

As night falls and the moon rises, and the various creatures of the night that inhabit the Nexus wake from their day-sleeps, a very particular bat begins it's flight towards Sarah's apartment. Once the bat reaches the apartment balcony, it lands, and, after a moment, reshapes in the form of Elizabeth, who knocks on the outside door, seeing if Sarah is home.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Red Zone]

A small demon, maybe as big as a medium-large dog, peeks its head out of the gutter, tiny two-fingered hands gripping the pavement as its catlike eyes survey the scene. A flat tongue slips out to taste the air, and something in it just feels, opening itself to the universe and any unnatural phenomena nearby.

Is the coast clear? And if it's not clear, does it look interesting enough to take the risk of coming out?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

[Red Zone]

Perhaps, as the demon looks out at the street, it will notice nothing. Certainly nothing, after all, could be responsible for a little bubble of space, about the size of a person with their arms out to their sides that people tend to step around. And certainly nothing is inside it, casting a psionic field that screams into the subconscious of anyone that looks at it, IGNORE ME, in such an undeniable way that people don't even realize it.

18. - Top - End - #198

[Red Zone => Bubble]

People. Intelligent things, walking back and forth. Delicious. Dangerous. But something's wrong. They're moving strangely. There's an order to ignore the strangeness, but after a few moments, the demon realizes it isn't normal. It receives a real order. 'Yes, investigate.'

It picks a few moments when no one is about and squeezes itself out of the drain and scampers towards the bubble of wrongness. Now you can see the whole demon, it looks like a mashup of a turtle, a dog, and a beetle, with a little bit of cat and warthog and more spikes than are strictly necessary. Six limbs, four of which it uses to walk: two claws, two feet, and two hands on limbs arching over its back. Perhaps this might alarm some people.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubble]

As the demon moves closer to the bubble, it may begin realize that there is nobody in the bubble and it shouldn't even bother entering it and should go away. If these thoughts are ignored, and the imp decides to enter the space of the bubble, these thoughts will vanish, and where there was once empty space, a young woman of about 20 with black hair and wearing a pantsuit walking calmly through the streets, not having noticed the imp as it invades her personal space.

20. - Top - End - #200

[Bubble]

The demon would love to ignore the bubble with nobody in it, as it's attracting some attention. But it can't disobey a command from a higher-up, so into the bubble it goes. Personal space, invaded.

The creature paces along behind her, watching. From in here, the psionic signal is obvious, but it's not directed at it anymore.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubble]

The woman continues to fail to notice the imp following behind her as she calmly strolls, pulling a phone out of her pocket, and texting someone, hardly even paying attention. Obviously, she's pretty confident that nobody will get in her way or try to stop her.

22. - Top - End - #202

[Bubble]

Sadly unwarranted. But will she notice the hand of a demon reaching up to try to take her phone and examine it? The thing isn't clever enough to work a phone at all, but the bubble-human is interested in it. It might be of some concern.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubble]

The woman shrieks as she sees the hand, recoiling from the demon behind her, trying to kick it. However, it seems she can't turn off the psionic field, and nobody seems to notice her reaction to the demon, or the demon being there at all if he remains in the bubble.

24. - Top - End - #204

[Bubble]

And remain in the bubble it does! It draws near the edge for a bit to hiss at her, but is careful not to leave.

The kick impacts its leathery hide and...doesn't seem to bother it very much. It rocks back with the impact and then scampers forward, keeping around her legs.

Kinda seems like everyone forgot the demon was here now that it's in the bubble.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubble]

The woman stops freaking out once she gets a good look at the demon, and frowns, feeling a little bad about kicking the thing. She eventually leans over and pets the thing, saying, "Sorry I kicked you lil' fella. What even are you?" Apparently, she thinks it's cute.

26. - Top - End - #206

[Bubble]

The human is off-guard. Act adorable!
    The demon sits down and cranes its neck up at the bubble-woman, opens its mouth slightly. Lots of sharp teeth it's got there.
    After a minute it hops to its feet and starts running circles around her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubble]

The woman frowns nervously as she sees the sharp teeth, not sure if the demon plans to attack, or is just smiling, but when it begins running circles, she giggles and says, "Heh. You're a cute little thing. For a given value of cute. If you wanna come with me, keep up. I've got somewhere I've got to be soon." With that, she turns, and keeps walking in the same direction she was before the demon appeared.

28. - Top - End - #208

[Bubble]

Follow. Observe. Take no risks.

The demon has its new instructions. It makes a small snuffling sound and falls in line at the woman's side, nosing around the edge of the bubble as they walk along. It's a quick little thing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubble]

The woman turns, and briskly walks for a few more minutes, eventually stopping at a building labeled: "Dixon, Cox, and Butte: Attorneys at Law". She smiles humorlessly as she looks up at the sign and then opens the door, heading inside.

30. - Top - End - #210

[Bubbled Law Office]

The demon lacks both the language skills and the anatomy to appreciate this law firm. It scrambles in after her, barely getting in before the door closes.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine