New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: OOC 49: Titles 49% Off

I'll be resuming before week's end. School might not fully resume this week, so I'll prolly be free for a few more days, at least.

Also, Fixer and Felicity are back! Under different names, but it's still them, a few years later. Planning a scene with Rein now, but I thought that might be of some interest to a few people on here.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-03-29 at 01:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@HALO: Just want to clear some things up before I respond in-thread. From the sounds of it if we accept the membership Riviss (and Zhyv) are pretty much free to do whatever they want? I'm not 100% sure on how open-ended these games are. I can spare some time to think about what Riviss wants to do in the context of a HALO membership, but I don't want to run too far off-plot (if there is one).
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    @HALO: Just want to clear some things up before I respond in-thread. From the sounds of it if we accept the membership Riviss (and Zhyv) are pretty much free to do whatever they want? I'm not 100% sure on how open-ended these games are. I can spare some time to think about what Riviss wants to do in the context of a HALO membership, but I don't want to run too far off-plot (if there is one).
    It's just about as 100% open ended as it gets. They're free to do what they want. There isn't really an overarching story to the Nexus for you to run far off of. It's up to you to write your story.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Been too long without a fox in a Raril plot. ;) Interested!
    Fenric, I'm so sorry, I realize now that I started the plot without you. If you're still interested, please post in the Den with the others. We aren't very far along at all. Let me know if you're still up for it. I'll wait for your response.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Third Emperor, I did edit a while ago. just waitting on you bud.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Approaching -> Medlab]

Well if there's good news, it's that GLoG is still standing and looks more or less the same. Pink humanoid fey Reinholdt arrives, hovering above the ground slightly, his arms tired from carrying the hefty weight of an unconscious foxgirl in them.

Alright, so he just needs to get to the Infirmary and have Quinn... Oh no wait. Rein stops as he turns towards the Infirmary. Didn't he hear that Quinn left after a divorce? He glances around. Hmm, both the Medlab and the Infirmary and the rest of the camp are still standing. Maybe it wasn't a very messy one? Strange. But he has no idea if the Infirmary has doctors anymore. That nurse ghost was probably still around. Ugh, so many people Rein didn't want to see right at this moment.

Callie was the current priority though, so he'll redirect himself to the Medlab. He's pretty sure he can still get Metis to scan her and then take her to the Infirmary and care for her himself. He spent enough time there to know where everything is.

Now to just avoid coming into contact with people as much as possible as he makes his way across the grounds.
    I guess that with Quinn gone, the only person "in charge" of the infirmary is Tobias, and even then only kinda-sorta. Maybe they could put up a "help wanted" ad on the Wall.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Fenric, I'm so sorry, I realize now that I started the plot without you. If you're still interested, please post in the Den with the others. We aren't very far along at all. Let me know if you're still up for it. I'll wait for your response.
    Great! I've posted!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I guess that with Quinn gone, the only person "in charge" of the infirmary is Tobias, and even then only kinda-sorta. Maybe they could put up a "help wanted" ad on the Wall.
    Sadly, the only doctor I have is of the Mad variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #399

"Wanted: someone to mill about in the infirmary just in case a plot needs them"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

Well, if you wanted, Ruth could help out in that area, too.

11. - Top - End - #401

I could throw back Andy there, since he now is back from Deadtime.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #402
    Pixie in the Playground

Murkus & Ark, what's the plan for the Hunting Grounds scene? You two joining in, or planning to hang back and guard the vehicle? Currently it's Kris's turn to post. Besides all that I'm not sure what Morty originally wanted, other than for this scene to help grease the wheels for posting to go smoother. If we're aiming for a quick end to the Hunting Grounds scene now that the zubat stuff is over, let me know.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post
    Well, if you wanted, Ruth could help out in that area, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    I could throw back Andy there, since he now is back from Deadtime.
    Well, in this particular case, Reinholdt bypassed the Infirmary entirely, I think, but I was thinking in terms of future scenes. So both would work. I remember Andy, but I forget how medically qualified Ruth is.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

TE and Rec, I'm not sure what's supposed to happen to Umbra now. Nai's literally up in the clouds, from what I gather? I should've considered what happens to a shadow that doesn't have a large enough flat surface to stay on...

Also, it's daytime right? Would a daytime sky have places for a shadow?
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-03-31 at 08:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

On Quinn and GLoG: Techncially she's still around. It's just that for a good part of the last month+ I've been either sick (allergies, mostly) and/or busy and so the muse has suffered (as in nearly stone dead).

Sorry to Earl and FE - I'll try to pick up with Jamie soon.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #406
    Orc in the Playground

Welcome back, and I hope you arevery wel!

Ah, do we have have to continue the outside scene? It's before Natalie and Nisha started dating, and would be rather weird to RP for me.

17. - Top - End - #407

Hey TE, I posted in Skyside
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

18. - Top - End - #408

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    On Quinn and GLoG: Techncially she's still around. It's just that for a good part of the last month+ I've been either sick (allergies, mostly) and/or busy and so the muse has suffered (as in nearly stone dead).

Sorry to Earl and FE - I'll try to pick up with Jamie soon.
    *flails arms about*

Ah! Bushranger!

*clears throat*

Anyways, if infirmary people are needed, I could have Krystal come back there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #409
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    Murkus & Ark, what's the plan for the Hunting Grounds scene? You two joining in, or planning to hang back and guard the vehicle? Currently it's Kris's turn to post. Besides all that I'm not sure what Morty originally wanted, other than for this scene to help grease the wheels for posting to go smoother. If we're aiming for a quick end to the Hunting Grounds scene now that the zubat stuff is over, let me know.
    Yes, I suppose we'll have to see. I'll be posting there soon.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #410
    Pixie in the Playground

I didn't forget Foxside and Planeside: I don't have time tonight, sorry.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@HALO: Crap, guys, I'm seriously drawing a blank with ideas. When I first joined I was like "cool, let's give this a try." But now when I'm actually free to initiate my own plot...the well is suddenly dry.

Is it okay if I "bench" my character for a while? I don't want to make someone else run a plot just for my idea-deprived sake.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

As far as I know, there's supposed to be another airborne encounter attacking the shuttles, so Adir and Blanche should probably stick around there.

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    @HALO: Crap, guys, I'm seriously drawing a blank with ideas. When I first joined I was like "cool, let's give this a try." But now when I'm actually free to initiate my own plot...the well is suddenly dry.

Is it okay if I "bench" my character for a while? I don't want to make someone else run a plot just for my idea-deprived sake.
    Don't worry about it.

Plenty of people don't run plots, or do so rarely. It's fine.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Yes, I suppose we'll have to see. I'll be posting there soon.
    As far as I know, there's supposed to be another airborne encounter attacking the shuttles, so Adir and Blanche should probably stick around there.
    So what's the plan? Am I responding to Adir by having him happen upon the scene with everyone else? That'd pretty much add him into the mix. Or rather should I have the combat not be "close enough that he can hear the sounds of battle" so he's ready to fight with Blanche during zubats 2: the electric boogaloo or whatever the other airborne encounter was going to be? Let me know.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

I'm back at school, so there will be more posting from mobile and a slower post rate (maybe erratic sometimes).

I'm also expressing a desire to jettison some scenes due to an expected increase in life workload in the near future, among other reasons I need not mention. The likelihood of accepting new scenes outside of ORGs or scenes with people I RP with regularly (e.g. Outside, Fox-related things, character spouses/lovers etc) approaches 0 percent.

I admit one of the reasons is due to a desire to broaden my RP horizons. See what's out there in the world of internet freeform RP. But as above, I'll still be here to post for a number of scenes.

Tl;dr: I'm leaving the subforum, but not completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post
    [Maple Cabin - Nisha and Sophie]

"It is." Nisha says, standing up and looking at Sophie. She opens her mouth to say something, then closes it, turns to Rama (who nods at her) and then turns back to Sophie. "T-thank you."

"I hope we meet again, Sophie." Rama says, then turns into a teddy-bear and attaches himself to Nisha's waist.

It turns out the teddy-bear Nisha always has on her waist is really Rama. Twist!

Without waiting for a reply, Nisha leaves

[Grounds - Resident Meetup]

but doesn't get far away from Sophie's cabin before she smiles a bit. Natalie was right, Sophie helped. She does ask too many questions, though.

She stands outside, waiting for Natalie.
    Poke to Earl of Purple
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-04-04 at 11:53 AM.

26. - Top - End - #416

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Mal was now not impressed, wonton destruction was boring, as he grabbed the cat's tail and charged forward sitting on its back. He Prevented both himself and the cat from being harmed from such a uncontrolled attack. He then looks back at the Drow and flips him the bird, then points to his feet. As the Drow looks down he should see an explosive bolt at his ready to blow in three, two, one.

Mal was quicker still, as well as calculating. He then leans back but does not touch the rider. Mal knew the Drow would most likely survive the bolt, but how he was curious to see.
    "So you mind answering me buddy?" He said to the rider.
    Hey cavaliere? I just noticed this post and this is actually god-modding on your part. You need to add attempts to the thing your character is doing when it's affecting another character, and you also need to explain how your character is attempting those actions.
    There is a helpful guide how to avoid it in this link if you want to read.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-04-04 at 03:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

I am confused how is it God modding? Third Emperor has plenty of opportunity to make attempts. I don't see what I did as god modding.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

If I may, SC? Consider this the reply to our PM as well, Cav. You might know this as 'powergaming' instead of 'godmodding'. For some RP sites, 'godmodding' means something else entirely (making your characters immune to all attacks and never getting hit).

As the Drow looks down he should see an explosive bolt at his ready to blow in three, two, one.

Mal was quicker still, as well as calculating. He then leans back but does not touch the rider. Mal knew the Drow would most likely survive the bolt, but how he was curious to see.
    This presupposes that you expect the Drow to be unable to survive, and hence you're acting accordingly. It also presupposes that you expect the drow to just stand there while your character fires a bolt at his feet. You didn't give him much of a chance to react. A better way of putting it would have been:

Mal fires a bolt at the Drow's feet. When the bolt hits its target, which is the ground in front of the drow's feet, it would go off in three seconds.
    This allows the drow more leeway to dodge the oncoming bolt, or hit it back to sender, or perhaps a mid-air catch of some sort. It's up to you to attack, but it's not up to you to decide if the other person's char gets hit, that's for them.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-04-06 at 03:40 AM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I see then what you mean, for your edit,was what I meant. I will make edits and note this.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah, I don't mean to interject too much. But there is one thing that needs to be made clear for cav here. Godmodding isn't being overpowered. It's not in any way connected to that. It's when you assume any degree of control over another character's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    ...he grabbed the cat's tail and charged forward sitting on its back....As the Drow looks down he should see an explosive bolt at his ready to blow in three, two, one.
    These are some examples. Really it boils down to narrating what another person's entity actually does, or simply not giving them the chance to do anything at all to change an outcome. Using words like, "attempts to" and "might" will help you loads to avoid things like this. You could try writing in conditionals, like "Should (a) happen, [other character] ought to find [my character] does (b)" and so on.

EDIT: This and more can all be found on Happy's stickied post here.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2016-04-06 at 12:06 PM.