New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: OOC 49: Titles 49% Off

@Morty and Artemis: I changed my post to a more sensible strategy. Unless I'm firing the Death Star at you guys, there is no way the bullet will hit you.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

To everyone in HALO planning to be attacking the demons:

Please hurry with agreeing or denying joining me. The other group is already there in Outside 45.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

3. - Top - End - #723
    Bugbear in the Playground

I should note that this post should be fairly fast-paced. If someone haven't posted for a few days, I might be forced to skip them. So everyone that participate in the assault plot have to keep that in mind. Think it of a 2-3 day deadline depending on the situation.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Halfling in the Playground

In reference to this new post in Riverside... It isn't meant to hinder random character's comings and goings. If your creature doesn't count for the Barrier that now seals Riverside, then you can just say that. If they're too strong and can break through, or otherwise escape, then there's of course that too.

It's meant to invite more of a narrative, be it conflict, interaction, whatever. If a character or a few is trapped, maybe they'll want to find out why and go looking for the person who created it, maybe they'll have a problem with such wanton use of powerful magic. I imagine local mages and magical groups might not appreciate it.

If it's left alone, well, I'm sure the ritual's intended target will create more than enough trouble on their own as it is.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #725

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    [Outside The Base]

A courier walks up to the door and calls to whoever may be there, "Hello, I have a letter for... Dipsnig Razortooth." He hands it to whoever answers. "Have a nice day." He begins to walk off.

Great, another letter.

The letter says, "Dipsnig, I believe you may want to be aware of secret meetings on Skyside. Currently, the leaders are in some weapons factory in Skyside although I don't have exact information. This may concern you greatly. All of the leaders being in one place is very suspicious. I hope you take immediate action, especially in Skyside."

The letter is not signed... again.
    I should note that whoever wrote this letter probably knew that AMEN isn't one of the skyside leaders (nor are the others but it might not be as obvious.)

6. - Top - End - #726

Oh and green elf, if I recall correctly it was never mentioned a weapon factory befor they got there. So, since your guys didn't follow, they shouldn't know about that.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    In reference to this new post in Riverside... It isn't meant to hinder random character's comings and goings. If your creature doesn't count for the Barrier that now seals Riverside, then you can just say that. If they're too strong and can break through, or otherwise escape, then there's of course that too.

It's meant to invite more of a narrative, be it conflict, interaction, whatever. If a character or a few is trapped, maybe they'll want to find out why and go looking for the person who created it, maybe they'll have a problem with such wanton use of powerful magic. I imagine local mages and magical groups might not appreciate it.

If it's left alone, well, I'm sure the ritual's intended target will create more than enough trouble on their own as it is.
    Question, I'm intending to have my new character come in to Riverside. He's decently powerful but doesn't possess any outright anti magic, he's also a daemonkin by virtue of an ichor infusion, this does confer certain daemonic abilities. However he is a pure human by birth, and recent mutations have changed things slightly. Would the barrier there effect him? I'm asking because I'm not bothered either way myself and would rather pick the option that works best with what you intended.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Oh and green elf, if I recall correctly it was never mentioned a weapon factory befor they got there. So, since your guys didn't follow, they shouldn't know about that.
    It actually was. It just wasn't said which one. I went and looked through all the posts after my recording started. All I was told was some weapon factory in Thunderhead. Shadowcaller said there were a lot of those.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

9. - Top - End - #729

It actually was. It just wasn't said which one. I went and looked through all the posts after my recording started. All I was told was some weapon factory in Thunderhead. Shadowcaller said there were a lot of those.
    Zefir felt it was necessary to point out that they never actually said that it was a weapon factory, just a factory.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Question, I'm intending to have my new character come in to Riverside. He's decently powerful but doesn't possess any outright anti magic, he's also a daemonkin by virtue of an ichor infusion, this does confer certain daemonic abilities. However he is a pure human by birth, and recent mutations have changed things slightly. Would the barrier there effect him? I'm asking because I'm not bothered either way myself and would rather pick the option that works best with what you intended.
    He might feel a certain resistance stepping through the barrier, as though his feet were momentarily stuck and a gust of exceptionally strong wind was holding him back, but beyond that he shouldn't be affected. I'd say if he's in a vehicle, he'll probably just feel a slight backwards tug as he moves through the field. That'd be it though.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #731
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Zefir felt it was necessary to point out that they never actually said that it was a weapon factory, just a factory.
    Oh, I'll edit that then.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

12. - Top - End - #732

Oh, I'll edit that then.
    You might also consider editing the whole "skyside leader" part, consider that was the important part.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

You might also consider editing the whole "skyside leader" part, consider that was the important part.
    Did I say that? I'll edit that.

Hey Mee, are you going to stop me again or are you letting me go?
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-01-16 at 10:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #734

Did I say that? I'll edit that.

My apologies then, but since you only quoted Zefirs post, I thought you were only replying to him.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-01-16 at 10:09 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Barbarian in the Playground

First off, I am not holding you there. I am absolutely not upset at all about this, this is just character interactions. Civvy, the character, is the one that's upset, not me. I would actually love to RP with you again later! Might not be relevant, but I just want to point that out, is all.

That said though, let me do one more post, and Civvy'll stop following him. I'll get on that now.
    Just do keep in mind that she's very, very not happy with him.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

My apologies then, but since you only quoted Zefirs post, I thought you were only replying to him.
    Oh, I actually did mess up there.

Can I just catch up with the group in Temple Assault or do I need to actually adventure?

Mee, sorry for seeming mad. It's just RP. It was just a question. :)
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-01-16 at 10:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ettin in the Playground

So out of curiosity is any of the Riverside stuff open for interaction or am I looking at the great pre arranged wall?
    Last edited by Fan; 2017-01-18 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Auto correct devourer of words

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

The wall was pretty much the exact opposite of pre-arranged as nobody IC or OOC knew about it before that post went up.
    If you're not getting a response I'd say it's because your PC didn't do anything to alert either of the two PC's at the Toy Tinker of his presence.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The wall was pretty much the exact opposite of pre-arranged as nobody IC or OOC knew about it before that post went up.
    If you're not getting a response I'd say it's because your PC didn't do anything to alert either of the two PC's at the Toy Tinker of his presence.
    Nah I know that I just didn't want to edge in in people's pre planned plot stuff because everything exploded on a event, and there's been events before where encounters have been laid out before hand very carefully. I was also asking to find stuff because yeah it was a simple opening and I realized I needed to be more direct if I wanted anyone to have anything to work off of.

The wall line was humor, it's a good thing to go ahead and presume that I'm never actually upset when I'm asking things.
    Last edited by Fan; 2017-01-18 at 01:37 AM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

I think you missed my post in Outside, 8Bit and Green Elf.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Oh. I'm sorry. Could you list all of the players so I can keep track easier? You, 8bit, me, Felandria, Shadowcaller... Anyone else?

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

At this point, it's just five of us, yes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #743

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    A cloud of black smoke covers the entrance, blocking the view inside or outside by any normal means. A rock the size of a grape is thrown at the doorway.
    Hey 8bit? I don't think Morty can reply to this post besides with "the rock hits the door", unless the rock is supposed to be something else?

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Hey 8bit? I don't think Morty can reply to this post besides with "the rock hits the door", unless the rock is supposed to be something else?
    I want to see what happens if the rock hits the door. Basically checking for door security, such as if the rock bounces off of a forcefield or a sentry gun fires at it. Also to check if anyone is waiting for me on the other side. If the rock just bounces off the door, it tells my character that the coast is clear.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    I want to see what happens if the rock hits the door. Basically checking for door security, such as if the rock bounces off of a forcefield or a sentry gun fires at it. Also to check if anyone is waiting for me on the other side. If the rock just bounces off the door, it tells my character that the coast is clear.
    If I could chip in a few cents here! One thing I've learned that works really well in situations like this is using 'if', and just adding more things.
    For example, he could have thrown the rock and -- in the same post -- if that rock didn't hit anything, he could move up. Especially if the two actions flow together really well like that, adding in the extra bit gives the person you're RPing with a lot more to use in their reply, and can help the scene progress well.
    Also since it's just an 'if', if the rock DID melt or get gunned down, then obviously your character doesn't move up, and can replan accordingly. The problem is if you string too much together, because then it becomes very hard to reply to.

Say, throwing a rock, and if nothing bad happens to it, moving up, I believe would be fine (I'm not in the scene though so cannot say for sure). Buuuut: throwing the rock, if it doesn't melt, moving up, if not stopped, then breaking in the door, then if the door breaks, moving into the place and avoiding all the security, and if security was avoided then raiding the candy machine, thaaaat becomes a lot more difficult to reply to.

Anyway! Those are my two cents. I hope it help.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hey MERC! I'm just checking to make sure I am in the locked down building and not some weird alternate time. If I am, why is that? And if I'm not, am I allowed to be in the scene? Not that I will be, but it's a good thing to know.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

If you mean Jacob, he can be in the locked-down building if you want.

28. - Top - End - #748

His current scene probably isn't in the same timeline though, but it looks like its almost over anyway, and there is nothing that stops you from plotcloning him to that scene.

Most characters in the base likely aren't reacting since the base is supposed to be in lockdown mode.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Okay. Thanks.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

30. - Top - End - #750
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Are there any active slaver and non slaver groups in skyside? I'd like to talk over a quick plot before starting a new group.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother