New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah 2017- An Intersection of Holidays

Intersection has taken the reigns of the holiday sleigh for this year. Mallside is a classic location and it has taken its mantle again this year.
    Gentle, fluffy clouds drop snow into little drifts in the halls, and strings of lights drift down from the ceilings. Slowflakes hang in the air and twinkle in the light.

This will be the second big event for Intersection and the first since their founding parade, so everyone will be working hard to give their best impressions. Officers in colorful costumes, elves of all kinds, and pettable animals. MERC will have their license to bring the wolves about as usual. Everyone has worked around the clock, and some, like the Richards family, who are only partly official members.

As always, there will be an enormous spruce decorated in the center of it all.
    In the back there will be a bouncy castle for the kids made of fluffy, bouncy clouds.
    And in the front, Santa's throne, decorated with candy, gift wrap, and a little bit of shiny foil for good measure.

Commissioner Richards is likely hiding from the press somewhere. The drow of Delmah Phor who volunteered may also be taking shifts.

First turn as Santa will be Krayger of MERC, this role having become a tradition of his, as has growing his beard out for the occasion.

Spoiler: Rules
    Show
    Standard Mallside rules apply.

Anyone can declare their character taking a turn as Santa, but give a some time to your predecessor before you do.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah 2017- An Intersection of Holidays

A pair of eyes stares out of the tree. Further investigation will reveal a very fluffy black cat sitting perched on one of the upper branches. For some reason she has a christmas bow on her head.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

The drow of Delmah Phor are indeed here, and in force. Some are in uniform, patrolling the mall in pairs, others, still on duty, are dressed down and slipping among the Mallside holiday crowds. Still, they were drow, and that probably made people suspicious. A few had taken to the festivities, wearing colorful sweaters, and tinsel or holly in their hair. Drow children were here too, excited for presents from Santa, though the older children kept their excitememnt to a minimum, but the youngest were bouncing and wriggling as young children do.

One of the children, about age six, was Landon Endrikson Xar'Cha. The pale, slightly blue skinned boy was bundled up in a red sweater depicting a polar bear on it. A matching toque covered his blonde-brown hair and pointed ears. Following close behind him was his constant watcher, Eira Baker, the elf-turned-vampire-bunny. She wore a green sweater, with a reindeer on it, with leggings and high fur lined boots. A white headband allowed for her long black ears to poke out the top, while keeping her head warm. Following just a few steps behind, was Sszinyon Xar'Cha, his head on a swivel, looking for danger in the crowds. He was not as festively dressed, wearing his usual fur lined cloak, as well as his twin swords, but someone had gone to the trouble of forcing him into a sweater that matched his son's. Drow watched and avoided him, keeping a respectful distance.

Landon notices the eyes in the tree and points them out to the adults with him. Seeing it was safe enough, eira took her hand off his shoulder and let him walk closer to the cat. "Hello, kitty." He says to it, holding out a hand for the cat to sniff. He'll smell strangely a mix of elf, human, and wolf, with an underlying hint of blood.

Elsewhere in the mall walked two more of the Xar'Cha clan. Sornnolu and Erelae, brother and sister, were here doing some shopping and taking in the sights. Sorn wore his usual blue and gold robes, but had a twist of holly wrapped around his wizard's staff. Erelae wore a white turtleneck dress that shimmered with silver threads.

Their father, Raril, was in the foodcourt, looking for something festive to stuff his face with. His usual attire was replaced with a blue sweater with a snowflake pattern, as well as a red and green striped elf hat. Walking with him was his niece, Victoria Rock. She wore a white dress, and had her wings dyed white and gold, a tinsel covered halo adorned her head.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Like every year, the big goblin family also containing a woblin have arrived at the celebration. As the little goblin kids scatter around the place, Tuskfang drags his mother over to Santa's throne. It seems that once again it's Krayger's turn to give him a present.

MERC's wolf pack is also in attendance, wandering around the celebration area to offer holiday pets.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Three more people arrive! Somehow, none of them notice the others, despite all being at the same entrance at the same time.

One is probably tagging along with the goblin family, or with some other people from GLoG. This is Cheasadh, a nine-year-old gnome girl, tall for what she is, but half the height of an equivalent human girl. She's got long blonde hair, bright blue eyes and a prominent nose for her face. She's wearing a pink knee-length dress, yellow tights and black shoes, carrying a small black satchel. Following behind her is a little brown bear, with little stubby claws, a big smile and a crescent moon shape of paler fur on its large head. Pookie the Teddiursa follows his mistress and best friend eagerly.

The next person is also from GLoG, older and human. Natalie is fifteen years old, with shoulder-length black hair, green eyes and her skin is tanned by the sun. She's wearing a denim jacket, black cargo pants and black trainers. Slung over her back is a battered red rucksack, and she's wearing a floppy green Santa hat. She doesn't have anything following her, and she doesn't know what to ask for, but she has had good gifts from Santa at prior events at this time of year.

The final of this trinity of individuals is Jacqueline Door. She's dressed up as a Christmas Elf, with a mid-thigh-length green skirt and a matching sleeveless tunic, all fringed with white fur. On her feet are a pair of high-heeled, pointy-toed shoes, and she looks a little unsteady as a result. She's also wearing a Santa hat, but hers is red. Her black hair is very short, mixed with a few black feathers to make her more exotic. Her eyes are grey.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Krayger will bend down to receive Tuskfang.
    "So big, Tuskfang. What are you looking for this Thanksmas?" he asks him.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Tuskfang tail wags as he looks up at Santa.

"I am big!" he agrees. "An' I would like somethin' magic. Like what Natalie does and Jamie does an' Cern an' Geedon's auntie does," he then babbles.

The goblin family certainly won't mind Cheasadh tagging along with them. She's roughly the same size as Brinika many younger cousins, so she blends in. Two little goblin girls, even younger and smaller than Brinika and seemingly identical to one another, appear to take great interest in Pookie.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Krayger smiles and pulls from his bag a cracked gray stone, well polished. He holds it up to Tuskfang and it begins orbiting his head.
    ”It glows when you say ‘shirak.’” he explains to the lad.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-11-27 at 01:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Pookie takes great interest in them, too, trying to hug them with his sticky paws and introducing himself. "Teddiursa! Teddi. Ursa." Cheasadh will stay around, watching and making sure nobody gets upset.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Krayger smiles and pulls from his bag a cracked gray stone, well polished. He holds it up to Tuskfang and it begins orbiting his head.
    ”It glows when you say ‘shirak.’” he explains to the lad.
    Tuskfang goes cross-eyed, trying to track the stone's movement.

"Shirak," he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Pookie takes great interest in them, too, trying to hug them with his sticky paws and introducing himself. "Teddiursa! Teddi. Ursa." Cheasadh will stay around, watching and making sure nobody gets upset.
    The two goblins are hugged. They don't seem to mind it, the novelty of meeting Pookie overtaking it.

"You're Teddirusa?" one of them asks. "I'm Agrika."

"And I'm Viga. We're sisters," the other one says, as if that weren't obvious.

"Are you a bear? We've never seen a bear before."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Pookie smiles and nods. "Teddiurrrrrsa." Apparently he might be correcting their pronunciation?
    Cheasadh intercepts before further confusion happens. "Teddiursa is what he is. He can't say anything else. His name is Pookie. He's a bear pokemon. He's my friend; I'm Cheasadh. We're both very glad to meet you." She's happy to stay and chat, glad that Pookie is helping her make friends and meet people.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Santa's throne]

The stone sets aglow, just bright enough to be useful but not too bright to glare his little eyes while it's in front of his face.
    He smiles at the lad expectantly.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Pookie smiles and nods. "Teddiurrrrrsa." Apparently he might be correcting their pronunciation?
    Cheasadh intercepts before further confusion happens. "Teddiursa is what he is. He can't say anything else. His name is Pookie. He's a bear pokemon. He's my friend; I'm Cheasadh. We're both very glad to meet you." She's happy to stay and chat, glad that Pookie is helping her make friends and meet people.
    The two goblins peer at Cheasadh. They seem pretty identical, with dark grey skin, brown hair and big, yellow eyes. They do differ in their clothes, though. Agrika is dressed in warm violets, while Viga sports a puffy jacket and warm hat in dark yellow and brown.

"Hi!"

"You're a gnome, aren't you? Brinika told us about you."

[Santa's throne]

The stone sets aglow, just bright enough to be useful but not too bright to glare his little eyes while it's in front of his face.
    He smiles at the lad expectantly.
    Tuskfang grins broadly and hugs Krayger.

"It's magic! Thanks Santa! I gotta show it to my friends!"

Without further ado, he slides off the minotaur's lap and hurries off.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

"Yep, gnome. Only one at GLoG, I think. Haven't seen any others for a while." None on screen since she was rescued, in fact. I seem to be the only person who plays them. "You know Brinika? She's a friend." Though Cheasadh hasn't met any of Brinika's cousins on screen, I think.

Cheasadh's decided she likes Agrika slightly more, at the moment. Violet is close enough to pink for her.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Krayger waves with a smile to Tuskfang and his mother, and waits for the next child.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aha! Made it!" After a year of being lost looking for the last Thanksmas party, the red haired, blue eyed catgirl by the name of Rachel Melodia Vulpan finally arrives. The winding, adventure filled path she took to get here will forever remain a mystery, quite possibly even to herself. She's so bad at directions I doubt she even knows where she's been. Regardless, she's here now, wearing stilts in her latest costume, a striped suit imitating the famous Jack Skellington's preferred attire.

Rachel's much less confused sister Leah Juliet Vulpan is also here. The blue haired, pink eyed catgirl is wearing a modest outfit including a generic green sweater and a red santa hat primarily there to cover her ears. After talking to her sister about where she's been all year, she wanders away to save herself some of the headache.

Completely unrelated to either catgirl, Ilpholin Xar'cha arrives as well. She's wearing more than ribbons this year, but not by much in her sexy Santa two piece that shows off much more skin and cleavage than is reasonable in this cold. That mini skirt barely even qualifies as clothing really. Spotting Raril and Victoria, she heads over with a small grin on her face. "Oh ho. Finally dating again? Good for you." Ilpholin seems happy for Raril as she turns to Victoria and offers her hand. "Hi. I'm Ilpholin." She really should study her family tree more, but to be fair it really is very extensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

A flying sleigh pulled by reindeer touches down outside the mall. Not Santa Claus, of course; there's already at least one of those inside. This is just Leah...Danir(? That's probably still her surname). And other visitors from the fort: one or two minotaur knights-in-training, possibly a foxperson. Checkered shirt, grey jacket, sunglasses even indoors. Same as always. Stepping inside, she sees a pair of catgirls and stops and stares. Even behind the shades, it's obvious.

The page-girl, Susila, spots the tall decorated tree and hurries over to look at it.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-11-28 at 11:12 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist, sitting lightly on Leah’s furry back, gives her a light jab with his elbow.
    ”Hey, none of that. You’re spoken for.” he teases, grinning.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"Yep, gnome. Only one at GLoG, I think. Haven't seen any others for a while." None on screen since she was rescued, in fact. I seem to be the only person who plays them. "You know Brinika? She's a friend." Though Cheasadh hasn't met any of Brinika's cousins on screen, I think.

Cheasadh's decided she likes Agrika slightly more, at the moment. Violet is close enough to pink for her.
    Viga nods.

"She's our cousin. I've never met a gnome before. Brinika meets all kinds of people at GLoG, but I've never been there."

"Her aunt's boyfriend is a big wolf person."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

"I haven't met my cousins. They're in Riverside, and I've never been. My dad fell out with his brother long before I was born." His religion wasn't part of the argument; his racism was. "He scares me, a little. Fluffy things should be cute, like spiders or mice or cats. Or Pookie. Not massive big dog people. They're all too big in GLoG." Pookie pokes Cheasadh as she talks of fluffy things, until his name is mentioned. Then he's happy. I don't think Cheasadh has actually met either of the Wolfen in GLoG, just seen them around. She'd be less scared had she actually had a conversation with him, but that hasn't happened.

Cheasadh frowns then. "Hang on, isn't she your mum, if Reelshka is your cousin's aunt?" Gnome families tend to either clump together in clans, or spread out following internal feuds and arguments. Cheasadh's family was of the latter type. They can change from one type to another quite quickly, if a clan has a major disagreement, or if something happens to force them together and deal with their conflict.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

"I've only seen him once or twice, but he seems friendly," Viga says. "He is big, though."

"Our mom is Brinika's dad's sister. Her aunt Reelshka is her mom's sister. So she's sort of our aunt, but a more distant one."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

"Everyone at GLoG's friendly. Doesn't stop him from being a little scary." Which is a valid point. "Oh, so that's how it works. OK, that makes sense. I've not met my cousins, uncle or any relatives since I moved to GLoG. Before, actually. It's just me and Pookie. And I guess Sophie. She's nice, if a little too tall." Since she lived with Celica and Jace for a while, after she was rescued from her parent's farm. And Sophie has actually bothered to talk to Cheasadh and get to know her and actually help, even if a lot of it probably happened offscreen.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Aha! Made it!" After a year of being lost looking for the last Thanksmas party, the red haired, blue eyed catgirl by the name of Rachel Melodia Vulpan finally arrives. The winding, adventure filled path she took to get here will forever remain a mystery, quite possibly even to herself. She's so bad at directions I doubt she even knows where she's been. Regardless, she's here now, wearing stilts in her latest costume, a striped suit imitating the famous Jack Skellington's preferred attire.

Rachel's much less confused sister Leah Juliet Vulpan is also here. The blue haired, pink eyed catgirl is wearing a modest outfit including a generic green sweater and a red santa hat primarily there to cover her ears. After talking to her sister about where she's been all year, she wanders away to save herself some of the headache.

Completely unrelated to either catgirl, Ilpholin Xar'cha arrives as well. She's wearing more than ribbons this year, but not by much in her sexy Santa two piece that shows off much more skin and cleavage than is reasonable in this cold. That mini skirt barely even qualifies as clothing really. Spotting Raril and Victoria, she heads over with a small grin on her face. "Oh ho. Finally dating again? Good for you." Ilpholin seems happy for Raril as she turns to Victoria and offers her hand. "Hi. I'm Ilpholin." She really should study her family tree more, but to be fair it really is very extensive.
    [Food Court]

Oh so this is Ilpholin, Victoria thinks, accepting the handshake. "Victoria Rock, but you can call me Tori." She looks Ilpholin up and down and smirks slightly. "We're cousins, I think, in a strange Nexus way. I like your outfit."

Raril just runs a hand over his face. Dating?! Egads. "Hello Ilpholin, how are you doing?" The elder drow says pleasantly, regaining his composure.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    A flying sleigh pulled by reindeer touches down outside the mall. Not Santa Claus, of course; there's already at least one of those inside. This is just Leah...Danir(? That's probably still her surname). And other visitors from the fort: one or two minotaur knights-in-training, possibly a foxperson. Checkered shirt, grey jacket, sunglasses even indoors. Same as always. Stepping inside, she sees a pair of catgirls and stops and stares. Even behind the shades, it's obvious.

The page-girl, Susila, spots the tall decorated tree and hurries over to look at it.
    Rachel notices the fairly obvious stare and smiles, giving a large, lanky wave, inviting her over. "Hey Leah, how are y-" Rachel gets cut off a little by Leah jabbing her with her elbow. "Ah, yes, I meant, uh, Hi Stranger. How are you this holiday?" Rachel continues after a moment of fluster.

Leah gives Leah a more reserved head nod and a small dignified smile rather than shouting across the room.

[Food Court]

"Oh thank you. I like your outfit as well. Particularly how you handled the wings," Ilpholin scratches the back of her head. "Cousins huh? My mistake then, sorry. How else was I to take dad escorting a beautiful woman? An well. Do you live in the city?" If they were cousins then there was a good chance Tori was a resident of Delmah Phor.

Ilpholin nods to Raril. "I doing well. Or as well as can be expected with so many demons still on the loose. How about you? How have you been?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-11-29 at 01:18 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Ah, I should describe Victoria better. She's a half-fiend, with both succubus and erinyes blood. She appears mostly human, except for a pair of short red horns on her forehard and a set of red feathered wings on her back. The wings are presently dyed white and gold, though a bit of red is visible beneath. A gold tinsel halo is set on her honey colored curls that cascade down, framing her face.

"I do." Tori says. "I live with my parents in the blue zone, while I work through college."

"I've... been better." Raril admits. "But I patched up things with Szzinyon, so that's a plus."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Ah, apologies. I knew Victoria's wings came in part from succubus blood, but the horns and erinyes blood were missed. Clearly Ilpholin missed the horns too, but those wings are cleverly disguised. Quite possibly Thanksmas magic keeping things civil. Then again, those sound a lot like devilish origins. Ilpholin has much less of a problem with devils.

"Oh? What are you studying? Battlefield tactics? Courtly politics? Long term war strategies?" Those are all things she might consider college for. Then again, experience might be the best way to study any of those.

The nymph turns in surprise to Raril. "You patched things up with Uncle Sszyinyon?" She asks in disbelief. "I mean, I could see you trying, but him accepting?" Inconceivable!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-11-29 at 05:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground

Over by the tree, Susila walks up to the current Santa expectantly.

Mist, sitting lightly on Leah’s furry back, gives her a light jab with his elbow.
    ”Hey, none of that. You’re spoken for.” he teases, grinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Rachel notices the fairly obvious stare and smiles, giving a large, lanky wave, inviting her over. "Hey Leah, how are y-" Rachel gets cut off a little by Leah jabbing her with her elbow. "Ah, yes, I meant, uh, Hi Stranger. How are you this holiday?" Rachel continues after a moment of fluster.

Leah gives Leah a more reserved head nod and a small dignified smile rather than shouting across the room.
    Leah shakes her head, smiling. "Mist, please. They're Yueh's age." That might not be strictly true, or a meaningful comparison, but she certainly considers them to be part of a younger generation.
    Following the smile, wave, and invitation, she slinks over to Rachel, offering a hand to shake.
    "Well, I'm doing wonderfully. Thanksmas was the one time of year I could really relax. Let's not be strangers any longer. Now, you seem familiar, but you have the advantage of my name, miss...?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Santa’s Throne

Krayger bends down to the little girl, inviting her up to his knee.
    ”Well hello, little lass. What can Santa do for you this Thanksmas?” he asks.

[Entrance]

Mist rolls his eyes teasingly and goes to unhitch his parents from the sleigh so they can properly get around.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

"Everyone at GLoG's friendly. Doesn't stop him from being a little scary." Which is a valid point. "Oh, so that's how it works. OK, that makes sense. I've not met my cousins, uncle or any relatives since I moved to GLoG. Before, actually. It's just me and Pookie. And I guess Sophie. She's nice, if a little too tall." Since she lived with Celica and Jace for a while, after she was rescued from her parent's farm. And Sophie has actually bothered to talk to Cheasadh and get to know her and actually help, even if a lot of it probably happened offscreen.
    "Aw, that's sad," Viga exclaims. Her ears point upwards. "I can't imagine not meeting my cousins."

"But at least you've got friends over there are GLoG. And you can play with us. Do you want to join our snowball battle?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

"They aren't nice people. My uncle isn't, anyway, and they're his children. All I have in common with them is we're gnomes." And their parents worship the same deity, though Cheasadh doesn't mention that. "I love playing snowball. I played against Brinika and Tuskfang last year, it's fun. Best thing about winter." Cheasadh grins.