New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of the Storm II: Thread. Augmented. Logical Decision

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    My first guess is that Taunt is really really strong, because:
    1) It's effectively a Silence
    2) Enemy can't escape
    3) Enemy is (probably) forced in a bad position.
    4) Low CD
    Don't forget that you can activate Parry immediate afterwards to make it effectively do nothing. (Or you could take the damage to fuel someone like Zarya.)
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, but generally you cast Taunt on people whose basic attacks barely tickle.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yeah, but generally you cast Taunt on people whose basic attacks barely tickle.
    Er, what? There are plenty of AA damage heroes where you don't want them poking your squishies.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey Varian is in the game lets se

*Varian has a shield*

*Sees Varian is either using his two handed sword in one hand or is only using one half of his signature weapon and no reference to his magical weapon's ability to shoot fireballs*

I..why?

5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Varian has 4 weapon models actually

Single handed wield: From levels 1-9

If you pick Taunt, he gets a Shield for his off hand

If you pick Colossus Smash, he moves to a two-handed grip

If you pick twin blades of fury, he splits the sword in two (Like you see in any cinematic he's in) and starts swinging with both

Also, PTR notes are up: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/...2016-11-7-2016

Highlights:
    Zeratul rework - Clears his tree of all the random generic talents he has, brings it up to modern standards
    Kharazim rework - Makes bruiser Kharazim much more of a possibility, seems pretty slick.
    Xul - Skeleton mages now use vector targeting (As you're casting it you can spin the wall around to get the angle you want)
    Thrall - Sundering stun nerfed again (1.25->1), Earthquake now does a small amount of damage to heroes every time it ticks (Damage is super low but significant because it procs his passive healing)

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

I am sooooooooooooooooooo hyped about that Zeratul rework. Gonna have to try him out on PTR now.

Kharazim's rework includes a change I'm not sure how it feels. He loses Cleanse at 7, but can pick up Cleanse on his Q at 16. Which means his lategame power is absolutely nuts, but the midgame gets a good bit worse for coordinated play.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, they buffed Earthquake? I love that ultimate, strong disengage. Amazing shields at twenty. And now healing from the Passive? What is not to love.

Edit: Overall I'm not certain what I think about removing generic talents. It just seems ideally that generic talents would be building blocks for basic functions of utility or survivability. I guess it makes sense that they don't like it. Just, I guess I liked some of those options.
    Last edited by Grytorm; 2016-11-07 at 09:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    Varian has 4 weapon models actually

Single handed wield: From levels 1-9

If you pick Taunt, he gets a Shield for his off hand

If you pick Colossus Smash, he moves to a two-handed grip

If you pick twin blades of fury, he splits the sword in two (Like you see in any cinematic he's in) and starts swinging with both)
    That is really dumb. Like if it were Anduin Lothar who is an older character with no real "Spec" to draw from..but Varian is pretty much the Signature Fury Warrior in the setting.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Edit: Overall I'm not certain what I think about removing generic talents. It just seems ideally that generic talents would be building blocks for basic functions of utility or survivability. I guess it makes sense that they don't like it. Just, I guess I liked some of those options.
    I feel like generic talents start to feel more and more out of place as their hero design develops. Plus, hero-unique talents let them not only rebalance on a per-hero basis but also tweak the talents in ways that are hero-specific.

So, to talk about the new Zeratul specifically--I'm really happy that the Vorpal build now got bumped back a tier.

Previously, it started at Level 4 (pick up Vorpal Blade, you can make a few plays), got strong at Level 7 (pick up Follow Through for some great burst), and peaked at Level 13 (Wormhole is the capstone, letting you blink in, nova, blink out, vorpal back with lots of Follow Through procs along the way).

Now, it starts at Level 1 (pick up Vorpal Blade), gets strong at Level 4 (Zeratul's version of Follow Through), and peaks at Level 7 (pick up Wormhole or the two-charges talent for Blink). That's huge for Zeratul! Lets him really define the early game, and he doesn't have to wait for the midgame to start really coming alive. I'm really gonna want to play around with him some more.

Interesting note: if he picks up the Blink-to-W-target ability, he gets a huge ton of gap closing. Literally nobody will be able to escape from him. Not sure if it's better than Wormhole, though. But let's look at it step by step, seeing what you can do with Rewind at Level 20.

You attack someone. They get away. You Vorpal back to them (1) and stick them with Singularity Spike. They get away. You reactivate W to blink back to them (2). They get away. You Blink to them (3) and hit Rewind. They get away. You Blink to them again (4) and stick them with Singularity Spike. They get away. You reactivate W to blink back to them (5). They're probably dead, but if they get away again...I wouldn't be surprised if Vorpal Blade was off cooldown at this point to let you get back to them again (6).

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Er, what? There are plenty of AA damage heroes where you don't want them poking your squishies.
    I guess, but I feel like you'd probably want to cast Taunt on Mages or Supports mostly, to prevent them from casting their abilities (and maybe get them to misposition for a free kill)

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    That is really dumb. Like if it were Anduin Lothar who is an older character with no real "Spec" to draw from..but Varian is pretty much the Signature Fury Warrior in the setting.
    Why would it be dumb?
    I never played Warcraft or WoW, but i'm given to understand that Varian has used all 3 styles (dual wield, sword+shield, two handed sword) at some point?

Plus I think it's really interesting and fun in terms of character design
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2016-11-08 at 07:36 AM.
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

I never played Warcraft or WoW, but i'm given to understand that Varian has used all 3 styles (dual wield, sword+shield, two handed sword) at some point?
    I don't recall him ever carrying a shield. He has a magical greatsword that is composed of two ancient elven blades. But other than the Legion cinematic he hasn't even been seen able to separate them.

So even his dual blades are a Stretch. He might have gotten the shield to differentiate him from Sonya.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So I've been searching for the answer to this but haven't found anything. Has anyone seen how Ragnaros behaves on Towers of Doom? Obviously there aren't any destroyed forts for him to replace but can he replace allied Bell Towers? And, if he does, what happens when the cannons go to fire? Does a Ragnaros Bell Tower count towards firing at the enemy's core? Just curious.

13. - Top - End - #403

Planetar

Rag isn't on PTR yet sadly, he's coming in December so we aren't really able to test things.

14. - Top - End - #404

Planetar

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

I laughed loudly at the Special Snowflake mount and the Gingerdread pun. Great work.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

The new skins are really cool. Altough I'll be seeing Gingerdread Nazeebo's face in my nightmares.

Also, I really like how they have themes, like Starcraft-themed non-Starcraft characters.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, Muradin looks pretty sick (although a bit too ... excessive. There are too many things in there)
    So yeah. your wrong.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    Also, I really like how they have themes, like Starcraft-themed non-Starcraft characters.
    I could not make it out but is Marauder Muradin's Hammer a (concussive) grenade?

There are too many things in there
    This is a thing that ruins MANY skins for me. Take one of my favorite Warriors, Chen. His basic skin is good. Lunar Festival version is ruined by the stupid hat. And Warmaster Chen is ... what? Why?

Also most Master Skins get a ridiculous headgear and are otherwise just discolored standard skins. Why should I buy them for gold unless I have ALL heroes?

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Master Uther is boss, though. #SWAG and all that.

What really dissapoints are most master portraits, though.

My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

The new skins are really cool. Altough I'll be seeing Gingerdread Nazeebo's face in my nightmares.

There's also the "Sunday Morning Cartoons" skins (Eagle Eye Tyrande/Knight Owl Medivh/Super Sonya/Space Lord Leoric/Star Princess Li-Ming), the "Kaiju vs. Mecha" skins (Mecha Anub'Arak/Mecha Tassadar/Mecha Dehaka/Kaijo), and the Sky Temple desert-themed skins (Desert Queen Zagara, that one Xul skin).

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

I really like the Superhero ones, they are mostly pretty well done, but I couldn't care less for the Kaiju/Mecha thing. Rollerderby Nova is cool, by the way.

What's your favourite skins?

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I really like the Superhero ones, they are mostly pretty well done, but I couldn't care less for the Kaiju/Mecha thing. Rollerderby Nova is cool, by the way.

What's your favourite skins?
    Master Tyrael is pretty cool, but overall I'm going to go with Master Xul. D2 necro ftw.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

23. - Top - End - #413

Planetar

I've got quite the skin collection, but as for Master Skins I own Valla, Tyrael, Tychus and Nova

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

The mecha skins are some of the best for me (I really like Tassadar and Anub'arak)

Other than those... Azmodunk, Pajama party Vikings... I love the atack animations of Super Sonya (with the comicbook POW!).

(However i never bought anything and probably never will)
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2016-11-13 at 10:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415

Planetar

So the Nexus Challenge is up, as are everything else: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/...016-11-15-2016

Patch Highlights: Free stuff by playing with friends through the Nexus Challenge! New Hero: Varian Wrynn, High King of the Alliance, our first multiclass hero. Kharazim and Zeratul talent reworks.

Initial thoughts after a day of playing: Varian's arms and protection builds need a lot of help (Colossus Smash and Protection respectively). Prot more than Arms. Also, Shield Wall is hampered by how terrible base charge is, they need to move some of the CD reduction provided by Warbringer into the base ability. Yes, spammable protection is strong, but Parry already negates all AA damage so you're only looking at spell burst. Problem is that it doesn't matter how much damage you mitigate if you can never gapclose, a 16 second cooldown is absurdly punishing, let alone you're missing out on a 1 second spammable stun.

Kharazim and Zeratul reworks both feel pretty strong, although I will admit for the former I haven't tried out Iron fists yet.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

I agree on Charge being pretty sad in base form.

Even in his Highlight video he uses it and barely gets one AA before his target just walks away.

Also, the difference between Base and lvl4 charge is WAY bigger than what the parry talent gives you.

I think they should buff Base Charge to be smething like a 80-90% slow. This way, the upgrade given by the level 4 is not as enormous and there is a reasonable choice to be made.
    (Also I'm given to understand Varian is kind of bad in the early game, so a buff wouldn't hurt)
    So yeah. your wrong.

27. - Top - End - #417

Planetar

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/...er-5-12-5-2016

Another set of PTR patch notes, with Chromie and Rehgar Buffs, a rework to the Haunted Mines Map, and a revamp of Artanis, Dehaka, and Diablo.

Oh, and RAGNAROS THE FIRELORD!

How has people's experience of this past patch been, now that everything has settled in?

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Still refusing to download PTR, so I can't say about those.

I just hope Diablo is OK, he's one of my favorites.

Other than that, business as usual. Varian builds all look decent now, with GWAAAAAAHHH! Varian being the most annoying

Our team in Heroes Lounge, Agents007, got their first game, a loss. But it was cast by Khaldor!
    So yeah. your wrong.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Artanis is going to take some getting used to. Aiming the swap is a bit difficult with the new speed on his Q, but man when it works right its really cool to see.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Artanis is going to take some getting used to. Aiming the swap is a bit difficult with the new speed on his Q, but man when it works right its really cool to see.
    Love Artanis lorewise but his kit and viability in the game is currently mediocre at best. Having to play on half health for his trait to kick in severely hampers his ability to mitigate damage and his Q is either too risky (if interrupted) or just no real engage (if not interrupted). Everything else is very nice but these problems make almost every other tank hero more desirable.